- Russian orchestra plays in Palmyra ruins as strikes kill 28 Updated: May-05-16 7:08 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - A renowned Russian conductor led a triumphant concert Thursday in the ruins of the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra, once terrorized by the Islamic State group, even as an airstrike on a refugee camp in the north left at least 28 people dead and dozens wounded, including many children.
- The Latest: UN says Aleppo attack could be war crime Updated: May-05-16 5:20 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest on the conflict in Syria (all times local):
- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed Updated: May-05-16 1:16 pm
RAMADI, Iraq - This is what victory looks like in the Iraqi city of Ramadi: In the once thriving Haji Ziad Square, not a single structure still stands. Turning in every direction yields a picture of devastation.
- Afghan official says roadside bomb killed 5 in remote area Updated: May-05-16 10:48 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan official says a roadside bombing has killed five civilians and wounded five others in a remote northwestern province.
- Turkey: Islamic State behind attack that killed 2 policemen Updated: May-02-16 12:47 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's interior minister says a car bombing that killed two police officers and wounded 22 other people in the southern city of Gaziantep, near Syria, was carried out by militants linked to the Islamic State group.
- Car bomb in southern Turkey kills 2 police officers Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - A car bomb struck the entrance of a Turkish police station Sunday in the southern city of Gaziantep, killing two police officers and wounding 22 other people in a day marred by violence and May Day protests.
- IS claims responsibility for Baghdad bombing that killed 21 Updated: Apr-30-16 6:42 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday east of Baghdad, according to a statement posted on an IS-affiliated website. The attack killed at least 21 people and wounded at least 42 others, according to Iraqi police and hospital officials. The IS statement described the attack as a three-ton truck bombing.
- The Latest: UN Security Council condemns Taliban attack Updated: Apr-19-16 7:57 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Latest on the militant assault on an Afghan government security compound in Kabul (all times local):
- Somalia: Car bomb kills 2 at restaurant in the capital Updated: Apr-09-16 11:57 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A car bomb killed at least two people at a restaurant in the Somali capital Saturday, a police official said.
- Iraqi forces face heavy resistance in IS-held town Updated: Apr-05-16 2:37 pm
HIT, Iraq - Heavy resistance has slowed Iraqi forces Tuesday as they pushed forward toward the center of a town held by Islamic State militants in western Anbar province, commanders at the scene said.