- Suicide car bomb, attacks kill at least 42 in Iraq Updated: Mar-09-14 8:50 am
- Weekend violence kills 11 civilians in Afghanistan Updated: Mar-09-14 7:35 am
- Pakistan resumes Taliban talks as 6 soldiers die Updated: Mar-05-14 8:21 am
- 15-year sentence for man who wanted to bomb bank Updated: Feb-27-14 9:26 pm
- Car bomb kills 11 at tea shop in Mogadishu Updated: Feb-27-14 8:08 am
- 9 attackers dead: Somalia president palace attack Updated: Feb-21-14 4:47 pm
- Feds: Carry-on held improvised explosive device Updated: Feb-19-14 12:46 pm
- Device found in Colorado town not an explosive Updated: Feb-18-14 8:22 pm
- South Korean tourists killed in Sinai bombing Updated: Feb-16-14 6:17 pm
- VA urged to form registry of roadside bomb victims Updated: Feb-13-14 11:22 am
- Former Winlock man killed in Afghanistan bombing Updated: Feb-11-14 11:41 am
- Police: Car bomb explodes outside Mogadishu hotel Updated: Feb-10-14 10:56 am
BAGHDAD - A suicide car bomber set off his explosive-laden vehicle at a security checkpoint Sunday in southern Iraq, the deadliest of a series of attacks that killed 42 people, officials said. The violence, which comes a few weeks before scheduled elections, is the latest by insurgents bent on destabilizing the country.
KABUL, Afghanistan - A roadside bomb ripped through a car in southern Afghanistan, the deadliest of a series of weekend attacks that killed 11 civilians, officials said Sunday.
PARACHINAR, Pakistan - The Pakistani government pushed forward with Taliban peace negotiations on Wednesday, despite recent militant attacks that include a roadside bomb in the country's northwest that killed six soldiers.
OAKLAND, California - A California man with delusions of joining the Taliban was sentenced Thursday to 15 years in federal prison for trying to blow up a bank with a car bomb he thought would go off but was actually made up of inert materials supplied by the FBI.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A car bomb blast Thursday in a normally quiet Mogadishu neighborhood blew the facade off a tea shop where intelligence officers are known to congregate, killing at least 11 people, police said.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Nine al-Shabab militants wearing military fatigues and carrying guns and grenades died after attacking the presidential palace with two car bombs on Friday, in an assault the president called a "media spectacular" by a "dying animal."
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An item found in an oil worker's carry-on luggage at Anchorage airport was an improvised explosive device and there was no malicious intent to use it, an agent for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said.
BUENA VISTA, Colorado - A device that authorities feared might be a bomb in the bed of a pickup in a Colorado mountain town wasn't an explosive after all, the sheriff said Tuesday.
CAIRO - An explosion tore through a bus filled with South Korean sightseers in the Sinai Peninsula on Sunday, killing at least four people and raising fears that Islamic militants have renewed a bloody campaign to wreck Egypt's tourism industry.
WASHINGTON - Roadside bombs have killed nearly 3,600 military service members and wounded 34,000 more in Iraq and Afghanistan, but many of the long-term health effects are unknown for those who seemingly walked away without serious injury.
CENTRALIA, Washington - His family says a former Winlock man was one of two civilian contractors killed Monday by a suicide car bomb in Kabul, Afghanistan.
MOGADISHU, Somalia - A police officer in Somalia's capital says that a car bomb exploded outside a Mogadishu hotel as senior police officers were meeting inside.