- Thai police find pipe bomb rocket in southern insurgent zone Updated: Feb-05-16 10:47 am
HAT YAI, Thailand - Police in southern Thailand, where Muslim separatists are staging an insurgency, said they found and disarmed a small improvised explosive rocket on Friday similar to ones discovered for the first time last month.
- Man pleads not guilty to 3 felony explosives-related charges Updated: Feb-03-16 10:23 am
DALLAS, South Dakota - A South Dakota man indicted for allegedly having improvised explosives at his home has pleaded not guilty to three felony charges.
- Afghan Taliban open new front in war with attacks on media Updated: Feb-02-16 1:18 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - The Taliban suicide bombing against a bus carrying employees of Afghanistan's biggest media company last month has shocked local journalists, who fear they are now in the cross hairs of an increasingly lethal insurgency.
- Pakistan university latest target of militant attacks Updated: Jan-20-16 2:48 pm
ISLAMABAD - The attack on the Bacha Khan University in northwestern Pakistan on Wednesday, which killed 20 people and was claimed by a breakaway Taliban faction, is the latest in a series of attacks spanning more than a decade.
- The Latest: Vigil held at site of Jakarta attack Updated: Jan-15-16 7:34 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The latest on explosions in downtown Jakarta (all times local):
- 2017 trial set for man accused in improvised explosives case Updated: Jan-15-16 4:01 am
PHOENIX - A September 2017 trial has been set for a Syrian man charged with supplying components of improvised explosive devices to a jihadist group in Iraq that mounted attacks against the U.S. military.
- PM says Turkish artillery hit IS positions in Iraq, Syria Updated: Jan-14-16 4:50 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish tanks and artillery attacked the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria in retaliation for the suicide bombing in Istanbul that killed 10 tourists, Turkey's prime minister said Thursday - the country's first significant strike against the Islamic extremists in months.