- Syrian state TV: 14 killed in car bombing in Homs Updated: Apr-18-14 1:43 pm
- Real IRA man charged with 29 Omagh bomb murders Updated: Apr-10-14 3:35 pm
- Radical Muslim leader shot dead in Kenya Updated: Apr-01-14 5:18 pm
- 6 killed in blasts in Somali area of Kenya capital Updated: Mar-31-14 4:22 pm
- Israeli airstrikes escalate tensions with Syria Updated: Mar-19-14 3:05 pm
- Kenya, Uganda on alert for possible terror attacks Updated: Mar-19-14 12:55 pm
BEIRUT - A powerful car bomb exploded Friday outside a mosque in a pro-government district of central Syria, killing 14 people in the latest violence to hit the war-shattered city, state-run Syrian television reported.
DUBLIN - An Irish Republican Army veteran was charged Thursday with 29 murders over the 1998 car bomb attack on Omagh, the deadliest bombing of the entire Northern Ireland conflict.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A radical Islamic leader who had been sanctioned by the United States and the United Nations for supporting an al-Qaida-linked Somali militant group was assassinated late Tuesday, his lawyer and officials said.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Three blasts in central Nairobi killed at least six people and wounded two dozen Monday evening in a coordinated terrorist strike, officials said.
JERUSALEM - Israeli warplanes unleashed a series of airstrikes on Syrian military posts early Wednesday, killing one soldier and wounding seven in one of the most serious clashes between the countries in the past four decades.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Security agencies in two East African countries are on alert for possible terror attacks from Somali extremists who have vowed to avenge the presence of African Union troops in Somalia, officials said Wednesday.