- Syrian rebels make last stand for Homs Updated: Apr-22-14 8:17 am
- Ministry: 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing Updated: Apr-19-14 1:34 pm
- Real IRA man charged with 29 Omagh bomb murders Updated: Apr-10-14 3:35 pm
- Radical Muslim leader shot dead in Kenya Updated: Apr-01-14 5:18 pm
- 6 killed in blasts in Somali area of Kenya capital Updated: Mar-31-14 4:22 pm
BEIRUT - Weakened Syrian rebels are making their last desperate stand in Homs, as forces loyal to President Bashar Assad launch their harshest assault yet to expel them from the central city, once known as the capital of the revolution.
MANAMA, Bahrain - Authorities in Bahrain say an apparent car bombing has killed two people and wounded one west of the capital, Manama.
DUBLIN - An Irish Republican Army veteran was charged Thursday with 29 murders over the 1998 car bomb attack on Omagh, the deadliest bombing of the entire Northern Ireland conflict.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A radical Islamic leader who had been sanctioned by the United States and the United Nations for supporting an al-Qaida-linked Somali militant group was assassinated late Tuesday, his lawyer and officials said.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Three blasts in central Nairobi killed at least six people and wounded two dozen Monday evening in a coordinated terrorist strike, officials said.