- New hospital in Jordan treats worst of Mideast's war-wounded Updated: Aug-27-15 4:34 am
AMMAN, Jordan - They are among the most tragically wounded from the Middle East's multiple wars. A 14-year-old Syrian girl whose lower legs were torn off by a shell. A 15-year-old Iraqi boy who was severely burned in a car bomb explosion.
- UN to support initiatives by new Nigerian president Updated: Aug-24-15 2:35 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon met with President Muhammadu Buhari Monday and promised solidarity in the new Nigerian leader's fight against insecurity, unemployment and corruption.
- Ex-deputy sheriff dies in Afghanistan suicide car bombing Updated: Aug-23-15 2:29 pm
ATLANTA - Local officials say a former deputy sheriff from Georgia was among the victims of a suicide car bombing in Afghanistan.
- Ex-deputy sheriff dies in Afghanistan suicide car bombing Updated: Aug-23-15 1:25 pm
ATLANTA - A northwest Georgia sheriff's department says a former deputy sheriff died in a suicide car bombing in Afghanistan.
- Massive IS car bomb hits Cairo security building, wounds 29 Updated: Aug-20-15 8:56 am
CAIRO - A massive car bomb claimed by Islamic State militants ripped into a national security building in a residential neighborhood in Cairo early Thursday, wounding at least 29 people and blowing the facades off nearby buildings.
- Police: Man with gunpowder at abortion site didn't mean harm Updated: Aug-18-15 5:20 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A homeless man who showed up for a job interview at a Wichita abortion clinic with a small bottle of gunpowder and a wick in his backpack didn't mean any harm, police said Tuesday.
- Life in Sadr City: 'We are living in a state of fear' Updated: Aug-13-15 5:27 pm
BAGHDAD - In this torrid Baghdad summer, Karim Kadim, his wife and five children have been sleeping in their living room, where the air conditioning works best and often muffles noise from the street. But nothing could drown out the thunderclap that roused the family about 5:45 a.m. Thursday.
- Day of violence in Turkey leaves at least 9 dead Updated: Aug-10-15 3:49 pm
ISTANBUL - Two female assailants opened fire at the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul on Monday and at least six Turkish security forces were killed elsewhere in a day of heavy violence in Turkey, where a government crackdown has targeted Islamic State militants, Kurdish rebels and far-left extremists.
- Police say truck bomb in Kabul kills 7 people, wounds 400 Updated: Aug-06-15 10:55 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - A bomb hidden in a truck exploded in the center of the Afghan capital, killing seven people and wounding about 400, police and health officials said Friday.