- Idaho poachers taking heavy toll on game Updated: Apr-18-14 2:25 pm
- DEP: Wastewater leaked from Range impoundment pond Updated: Apr-18-14 2:25 pm
- Bill Clinton jokes with Spacey at benefit concert Updated: Apr-18-14 9:31 am
- Va. water authorities to split cost of new plant Updated: Apr-18-14 7:46 am
- Group to discuss conservation fund's importance Updated: Apr-18-14 4:04 am
- DeFazio tours abandoned mine Superfund site Updated: Apr-17-14 11:07 pm
- Turtle Bay Resort agrees to conservation easement Updated: Apr-17-14 9:56 pm
- Nebraska lawmakers adjourn from 2014 session Updated: Apr-17-14 9:01 pm
- Salmon released in California river restoration Updated: Apr-17-14 7:19 pm
- Officials: Improvements at Burchard area complete Updated: Apr-17-14 6:29 pm
- Fla. woman doesn't blame bear for her attack Updated: Apr-17-14 12:55 pm
- Sioux City deer population dropping, official says Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- 2 adults arrested in Longmont railroad tie fire Updated: Apr-17-14 11:13 am
- Judge revives talks on regional water agency Updated: Apr-17-14 9:43 am
- Fla wildlife officials limit sea cucumber harvests Updated: Apr-17-14 8:46 am
- Vt instructor nominated for conservation award Updated: Apr-17-14 7:31 am
- Man accused of stealing crawfish from traps Updated: Apr-17-14 6:40 am
- BLM to open Black Rock Station Sunday Updated: Apr-17-14 6:23 am
- Vermont holding hearing on plan for rivers Updated: Apr-17-14 4:05 am
- Tours mark Virginia Cave Week April 20-26 Updated: Apr-17-14 2:50 am
- Court rules for environmentalists in water fight Updated: Apr-16-14 10:32 pm
- California mulls wolf listing amid hunts elsewhere Updated: Apr-16-14 7:15 pm
- State town hall yields water recommendations Updated: Apr-16-14 6:04 pm
- Wildlife officials defend bear killings Updated: Apr-16-14 2:46 pm
LEWISTON, Idaho - Poachers are likely killing far more game animals than wolves are, state wildlife officials in northern Idaho say.
MARIANNA, Pennsylvania - The state Department of Environmental Protection says Range Resources will likely be sent a violation notice and fined for drilling wastewater that leaked out of an impoundment pond in southwestern Pennsylvania.
NEW YORK - Near the end of the first half of Thursday's 25th Anniversary Rain Forest benefit concert at Carnegie Hall, chairwoman Trudie Styler introduced a man who recently learned he was going to be a grandfather, and out came former President Bill Clinton.
BEDFORD, Virginia - Two regional water authorities are planning to split the cost of a new $14 million Smith Mountain Lake water treatment facility.
DOVER, New Hampshire - A group of conservation, outdoor industry and timber groups is meeting to discuss the importance of the Land and Water Conservation Fund to New Hampshire's economy and environment.
RIDDLE, Oregon - U.S. Rep. Peter DeFazio on Thursday toured an abandoned copper mine in southwestern Oregon that is on the Superfund list of major pollution sites as he prepares to file legislation to overhaul the nation's primary mining law.
HONOLULU - Turtle Bay Resort is agreeing to protect more than 660 acres of land on Oahu's North Shore in a deal reached with the state, county and a nonprofit organization.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers finished their session on Thursday having passed major legislation to lower taxes, reduce prison crowding and pay for water conservation projects.
FRESNO, California - Tens of thousands of spring-run Chinook salmon are being released into the San Joaquin River, marking a major milestone in the federal plan to restore native fish populations to the state's second-longest river.
BURCHARD, Nebraska - Officials say aquatic improvements at Burchard Wildlife Management Area in southeast Nebraska are complete.
LAKE MARY, Florida - A Florida woman who was attacked by a bear last weekend says she doesn't want bears to be killed by wildlife officials for doing what wild animals do.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The number of deer in Sioux City is dropping, but it's unclear whether the city ban on feeding deer and other wildlife should be credited for the decline.
St. Cloud Times, April 16
LONGMONT, Colorado - Longmont police have arrested two young men on suspicion of setting railroad ties on fire near the city's wastewater treatment plant.
DETROIT - A judge has ordered the city of Detroit and the suburbs to further explore the creation of a regional water department.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida wildlife officials have voted to limit how many sea cucumbers can be harvested in both state and federal waters.
BENNINGTON, Vermont - A hunter education instructor in Vermont is one of six finalists for a national conservation award.
CROWLEY, Louisiana - Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries agents have arrested a 39-year-old Crowley man who is accused of stealing crawfish from traps in an Acadia Parish pond.
WINNEMUCCA, Nevada - Black Rock Station, the Bureau of Land Management's visitor contact center on the edge of the Black Rock Desert, will open Sunday for the season.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation is holding a public hearing on a water quality management plan for two Northeast Kingdom rivers.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia is offering a few walks on the wild side.
SAN FRANCISCO - An appeals court said Wednesday that federal officials should have consulted wildlife agencies about potential harm to a tiny, threatened fish before issuing contracts for water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
FRESNO, California - While much of the country has relaxed rules on killing gray wolves, California will consider protecting the species after a lone wolf from Oregon raised hopes the animals would repopulate their historic habitat in the Golden State.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Hundreds of New Mexico officials, business leaders and others finished hashing out recommendations Wednesday for improving the way the drought-stricken state uses its water and plans for the future.
LAKE MARY, Florida - Florida wildlife officials are defending the killing of a half dozen bears following a bear attack on a Lake Mary woman.