- CANNES WATCH: Iranian film explores divorce, female style Updated: May-21-15 7:44 am
CANNES, France - Writer-director Ida Panahandeh has made a splash with her film debut, landing in competition at the Cannes Film Festival for "Nahid," fraught portrait of the byzantine legal complications and social stigmas concerning divorce and remarriage in Iran.
- Same-sex marriages boost total marriage numbers in 2014 Updated: May-18-15 11:23 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A state report shows the legalization of gay marriage last year boosted the number of couples tying the knot to the highest rate Wisconsin has reported since 2007.
- Arkansas judge reprimanded after divorce case Updated: May-15-15 4:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas district court judge has been reprimanded after he said he forgot about a divorce case that took him 20 months to rule on.
- Bill clears Connecticut legislature allowing faster divorces Updated: May-12-15 4:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Some married couples in Connecticut may soon be able to part ways more quickly.
- Oklahoma court favors Continental CEO in $1B divorce case Updated: Apr-28-15 1:34 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Supreme Court has dismissed an appeal by the ex-wife of billionaire energy tycoon Harold Hamm in their near-$1 billion divorce settlement.
- Dog-loving lawmakers' bill addresses pet custody in divorces Updated: Apr-23-15 4:52 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Pets can get caught in the middle of messy human relationships, and some Alaska lawmakers want to ensure that the state protects them in law, not just practice.