- Exeter recall backers may try again if vote fails Updated: Dec-12-13 9:59 pm
- Group wants Columbus arena payment issue on ballot Updated: Dec-12-13 8:35 am
- Panel continues review of Delaware election laws Updated: Dec-11-13 7:29 pm
- NW Ind. mayor: Complaint is speculation, innuendo Updated: Dec-11-13 4:43 pm
- Toddler decides ballot order in St. Clair County Updated: Dec-11-13 4:11 pm
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Dec-10-13 11:32 am
- Port Allen council must name interim mayor Updated: Dec-10-13 10:25 am
- Young councilman sworn in at Elizabeth City Updated: Dec-10-13 9:37 am
- No change from recount in tight Assembly election Updated: Dec-09-13 10:43 pm
- Venezuela's Maduro bolstered by election results Updated: Dec-09-13 6:52 pm
- Turkish PM on uncertain footing as elections loom Updated: Dec-09-13 6:41 am
- Essex County exec to kick off re-election Updated: Dec-09-13 5:35 am
- Field of 3 remain in Santa Fe's mayoral race Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 am
- RI gun-permit tiff puts officials' jobs in danger Updated: Dec-08-13 12:05 pm
- 4th arrest for New Hanover County commissioner Updated: Dec-07-13 1:05 pm
- Probe: Youngstown mayor's ex-aide wrongly flirted Updated: Dec-07-13 11:32 am
- Venezuela's president tightens grip on media Updated: Dec-07-13 12:05 am
- Dooley formally announces re-election bid Updated: Dec-06-13 8:31 am
- City Commission elects new mayor for Alamogordo Updated: Dec-05-13 12:59 pm
- Montco GOP pick successor to disgraced ex-chair Updated: Dec-04-13 8:58 pm
- Catania forms exploratory committee for DC mayor Updated: Dec-04-13 6:26 pm
- New Newark mayor sworn-in after contested election Updated: Dec-04-13 12:03 pm
- Pa: judge: I can't help candidate left off ballot Updated: Dec-04-13 11:44 am
- Fracking ban wins on recount, but questions linger Updated: Dec-04-13 11:26 am
- Ballot stickers holding up result of Pa. election Updated: Dec-04-13 9:28 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Exeter voters will soon decide whether to remove four town council members over a proposed tweak to the way gun permits are issued - though the outcome may not resolve the debate.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A group wants Columbus residents to vote on whether the city should be paying for its professional hockey team's home arena, and it has collected enough signatures to get the issue on the May ballot.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Members of a task force charged with reviewing Delaware's election laws seemed to agree Wednesday that there's no need for a law requiring political candidates to undergo criminal background checks.
CROWN POINT, Indiana - The mayor of Hammond is asking Lake County elections officials to dismiss a complaint that he paid his wife more than $300,000 over the past decade for work she did as a campaign consultant.
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - When it comes to determining the order some candidates appear on ballots, a southwestern Illinois county turned to someone more than 16 years away from being old enough to vote.
A sampling of recent editorials from Colorado newspapers:
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Time is winding down for the Port Allen City Council to appoint an interim mayor in the wake of Demetric Slaughter's recall from office.
ELIZABETH CITY, North Carolina - An Elizabeth City State University student whose bid for city council was originally rejected by the local elections board has been sworn into office.
SACRAMENTO, California - Los Angeles County elections officials say a partial recount of ballots has brought no change in the outcome of a special legislative election last month.
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro weathered Venezuela's mayoral elections, winning the biggest share of votes and thwarting hopes of the opposition to undermine his rule, but now he faces a bigger challenge: fixing the economy.
ANKARA, Turkey - After dominating Turkish politics for a decade, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is entering election season on uncertain footing - without the support of key groups that had powered his previous electoral wins and facing divisions within his own party.
NEWARK, New Jersey - A powerful North Jersey Democrat who endorsed Republican Gov. Chris Christie is seeking a fourth term.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The number of candidates in the Santa Fe mayoral race has been whittled down to a field of three.
EXETER, Rhode Island - This sleepy town of 6,000 doesn't have a police department, and the only firearm violence tends to be directed at deer. Its biggest controversies usually stem from the local animal shelter or noise from the town pub.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A New Hanover County commissioner has been arrested for the fourth time since he was elected to the board in 2010.
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - An investigation into alleged sexual harassment by a candidate for Youngstown mayor has concluded the man made inappropriate and flirtatious remarks to a city council employee.
CARACAS, Venezuela - As Gov. Henrique Capriles campaigned for president of Venezuela last April, he couldn't venture more than a few steps without being hounded by dozens of sharp-elbowed cameramen and photographers. Nearly eight months later, the visibly thinner and exhausted opposition leader is accompanied by just a handful of journalists at what was supposed to be one of the final, electrifying opposition rallies ahead of this weekend's mayoral elections.
CLAYTON, Missouri - St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley is formally running for office again.
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - Robert Rentschler has been selected as mayor of Alamogordo, possibly becoming the last one to be selected by the City Commission.
JEFFERSONVILLE, Pennsylvania - Republicans in the Philadelphia suburb of Montgomery County have a successor to former chairman Robert Kerns, who is facing criminal charges.
WASHINGTON - D.C. Councilmember David Catania formed an exploratory committee for a mayoral bid Wednesday, saying he's unimpressed by the large field of candidates and wants to find out if he can do more to improve public education from the city's highest office.
NEWARK, Delaware - A new mayor has taken office in Newark.
MEADVILLE, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania judge ruled he has no jurisdiction to order a new election or otherwise rectify the fact that a township supervisor candidate's name was mistakenly left off the general election ballot.
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - A recount showed voters in the Denver suburb of Broomfield narrowly approved a five-year moratorium on fracking, but opponents filed a lawsuit challenging the vote-counting process and some voters' eligibility has been questioned.
PORT MATILDA, Pennsylvania - Elections officials have yet to determine a winner in the mayor's race in a tiny central Pennsylvania borough after the incumbent's decision to drop out prompted a battle of write-in candidates.