- Missed votes prompt new accountability system Updated: Mar-08-14 4:20 am
- Public financing for elections may cost millions Updated: Mar-07-14 8:40 am
- Abbott's goal: Break Bush record for Hispanic vote Updated: Mar-06-14 6:49 pm
- Ohio county leader submits absentee-ballot plan Updated: Mar-06-14 3:07 pm
- Court won't reconsider Reno mayor term limit case Updated: Mar-05-14 5:45 pm
- Incumbent Ruston mayor will not seek re-election Updated: Mar-05-14 4:18 pm
- Ex-Dem chairman wins race for Santa Fe mayor Updated: Mar-05-14 1:53 pm
- Montpelier, Vt.'s incumbent mayor tops challenger Updated: Mar-05-14 10:35 am
- 2 advance to runoff in Rio Rancho mayor's race Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 am
- Roswell voters elect Dennis Kintigh as mayor Updated: Mar-05-14 8:35 am
- Oklahoma City residents re-elect Mayor Cornett Updated: Mar-05-14 3:12 am
- Gansler to talk about jobs plan in Prince George's Updated: Mar-05-14 2:20 am
- Documents: DNA key in 2011 Chicopee stabbing case Updated: Mar-04-14 8:31 pm
- House panel endorses new primary election date Updated: Mar-04-14 3:05 pm
- Philly council seat special election set for May Updated: Mar-04-14 12:33 pm
- Ex-state lawmaker mulls St. Louis Co. exec race Updated: Mar-04-14 11:57 am
- State education board elects new officers Updated: Mar-04-14 3:28 am
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Arkansas filing period ends; GOP leads Senate Updated: Mar-03-14 9:06 pm
- Slow start to early voting across Illinois Updated: Mar-03-14 7:17 pm
- French far right: No funds for religious groups Updated: Mar-03-14 2:55 pm
- Utah proposal reminds small towns: hold elections Updated: Mar-03-14 2:04 pm
- Delaware town council election postponed by snow Updated: Mar-03-14 1:04 pm
- Major turnover on the horizon for Maine sheriffs Updated: Mar-03-14 6:53 am
- Arkansas county election panel to file lawsuit Updated: Mar-02-14 3:52 pm
BOONVILLE, Indiana - A southwestern Indiana county is turning to old-fashioned methods to ensure that every vote counts this year after an error kept nearly 3,800 ballots from being tallied in 2012.
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Montgomery County officials estimate that the county's 2010 Democratic primary might have cost as much as $9.6 million if a proposed public campaign financing system was in place.
AUSTIN, Texas - High stakes over Hispanic voters shifted the governor's race Thursday to the Texas-Mexico border, where Democrats defended Wendy Davis' humbling losses in party strongholds to an obscure primary challenger who barely campaigned.
CLEVELAND - The leader of Ohio's largest county has submitted a proposal to the county council to assert its home-rule powers and mail unsolicited, absentee-ballot applications to registered voters there.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court will not be swayed to change its mind over term-out city council members running for mayor.
RUSTON, Louisiana - Ruston Mayor Dan Hollingsworth will not seek re-election this fall.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Santa Fe voters have chosen former state Democratic Party Chairman Javier Gonzales over two opponents to serve as mayor of the northern New Mexico city for the next four years.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - John Hollar will be serving as mayor of Vermont's capital city once again after defeating ex-city employee Gwendolyn Hallsmith.
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - There'll be a runoff election in the mayor's race in Rio Rancho.
ROSWELL, New Mexico - Roswell voters elected former New Mexico legislator Dennis Kintigh over incumbent Del Jurney by nearly a 2-to-1 ratio in results from the mayor's race in Tuesday's election.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett has won re-election, becoming the first four-term mayor in the city's history.
BOWIE, Maryland - Maryland Attorney General Doug Gansler is scheduled to talk about a plan to create jobs.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Court documents in the 2011 stabbing death of a Chicopee woman show DNA evidence was key to an arrest made two years later, the Springfield Republican reports.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Moving Missouri's primary election date from August to June would give candidates more time to campaign against their rival party's counterparts, but it would shorten the time they have to distinguish themselves from rivals within their own party before nominees are picked.
PHILADELPHIA - A special election to fill a vacant seat on the Philadelphia City Council will be held in conjunction with the May 20 primary election in Pennsylvania.
ST. LOUIS - A former Republican state lawmaker says she is giving "serious consideration" to entering the increasingly crowded race for St. Louis County executive.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The state Board of Education has elected Christian Braunlich of Fairfax County as president.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' political filing season ended Monday, and with Republicans' firm grip on the state Senate, Democrats are hoping to win back the House.
CHICAGO - Voters trickled into the polls Monday, the first day of early voting for primary contests that'll help determine Illinois' next governor, a U.S. senator and numerous local offices.
PARIS - Marine Le Pen, whose party is riding a wave of anti-immigration and anti-Muslim voter sentiment around Europe, says it will cut public funds to religious groups in towns where it wins municipal elections this month.
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah lawmaker wants to make sure the state's small towns don't forget to hold elections.
MIDDLETOWN, Delaware - Officials in Middletown say the town council election has been postponed by the winter storm.
LEWISTON, Maine - A major turnover in Maine sheriffs is expected this year, and some see that as an opportunity to reform the county jail system.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Pulaski County Election Commission has voted to file a lawsuit over changes to absentee ballot-counting procedures that the group says conflict with guidance from the Arkansas attorney general's office on the state's new voter-identification law.