- Communities across Virginia holding local elections Tuesday Updated: May-03-16 4:56 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Voters in cities and towns across Virginia are getting ready to pick new local officials.
- Candidate running despite old unpaid campaign violation fine Updated: May-02-16 3:55 pm
BELLEVUE, Nebraska - A Bellevue businessman who has yet to pay a campaign violation fine is back on a public ballot as a candidate for City Council in the Omaha suburb.
- Campaign finance reform initiative submits 79,000 signatures Updated: May-02-16 3:25 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Supporters of a statewide effort seeking to amend Idaho's campaign finance laws have collected roughly 79,000 signatures with the hopes of getting their initiative on the November ballot.
- UK Labour Party suspends councilors in anti-Semitism dispute Updated: May-02-16 12:58 pm
LONDON - The anti-Semitism dispute bedeviling Britain's Labour Party ahead of an election Thursday has continued with the suspension of three city councilors.
- Wealth question hangs over Filipino mayor's presidential run Updated: May-02-16 8:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - Allegations that the Philippine presidential election front-runner had a large sum of money in an undeclared bank account were not resolved Monday, allowing the issue to hang over the final week of the closely fought race.
- Arrests in Seattle as May Day marchers take to streets Updated: May-02-16 1:15 am
SEATTLE - Seattle police used pepper spray to disperse black-clad anti-capitalist protesters authorities say threw rocks, flares, bricks and Molotov cocktails at officers during a rowdy May Day gathering.
- In London's mayoral race, candidate rejects 'extremism' barb Updated: May-01-16 6:59 am
LONDON - One is a bus driver's son who grew up in social housing, the other a billionaire's son raised in a mansion. They are two very different London success stories, and one is about to become the city's next mayor.
- Benton County Commissioner continues campaign after DUI Updated: Apr-30-16 4:10 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - A Benton County Commissioner who was cited for driving under the influence says she will not step down from office or drop her bid for re-election.
- Judge orders house arrest for former Pine Lawn officer Updated: Apr-30-16 2:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - A former Pine Lawn police lieutenant convicted of federal charges earlier this year has been placed under house arrest after violating his bail conditions.
- Marmet council to choose new mayor after ex-mayor's removal Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 pm
MARMET, West Virginia - Officials in the Kanawha County town of Marmet will select a new mayor next month after a judicial panel removed the former mayor from office earlier this year for violating city election laws.
- NYC mayor says corruption probe won't affect re-election bid Updated: Apr-29-16 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says a widening corruption probe won't have an impact on his decision to run for re-election.
- Former deputy sues, alleging he was forced to resign Updated: Apr-29-16 10:26 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Minnesota - A former Itasca County sheriff's deputy has filed a federal lawsuit claiming he was forced to resign because he supported the sheriff's opponent in the last election.
- Michigan law limiting talk about elections won't be enforced Updated: Apr-28-16 7:57 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The state of Michigan won't enforce a law that blocks local government officials from talking about a ballot question before an election, under a deal approved Thursday by a federal judge.
- State fines ex-Snohomish County head for campaign violations Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Public Disclosure Commission has fined former Snohomish County Executive Aaron Reardon $4,200 for violating state campaign laws during his 2011 re-election campaign.
- Appeals court upholds conviction of ex-NYC councilman Updated: Apr-28-16 4:33 pm
NEW YORK - A New York City councilman's bribery and fraud conviction and 10-year prison term was upheld Thursday by an appeals court that rejected various arguments, including that the First Amendment protects some bribes.
- Today in Nebraska-May Updated: Apr-28-16 1:51 pm
- Kentucky Supreme Court hears arguments in Magoffin election Updated: Apr-27-16 6:43 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Lawyers for Magoffin County's judge-executive have made their arguments to the Kentucky Supreme Court, with one of the attorneys saying there was no proof his client took part in election fraud.
- Panel of federal judges to review Tucson elections Updated: Apr-27-16 2:08 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - The full 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will review the constitutionality of Tucson's local elections systems after a three-member panel of the court ruled against it.
- Hamas wins student election at top Palestinian university Updated: Apr-27-16 1:43 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - The Palestinian's leading university in the West Bank says the Islamic militant group Hamas has won student council elections.
- Mock group becomes surprise election success in Serbian town Updated: Apr-27-16 1:12 pm
MLADENOVAC, Serbia - A young man poses as a sleazy, bejeweled politician in a white suit, sitting atop a white horse surrounded by hordes of bodyguards while promising jobs and prosperity to the voters.
- Tibetans in exile re-elect Lobsang Sangay as prime minister Updated: Apr-27-16 5:19 am
DHARMSALA, India - Lobsang Sangay has been re-elected prime minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile in voting held last month, officials announced Wednesday, with Sangay saying the election shows that Tibetans in exile "are practicing democracy, whereas China is not."
- The Latest: Ex-mayor Dixon says she's 'not through yet' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:01 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on Maryland's primary election (all times local):
- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):
- Rafferty, Shapiro win nominations to run for Pennsylvania AG Updated: Apr-26-16 11:24 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A state senator and county commissioner from the same suburban Philadelphia county will vie this fall for the seat being vacated by embattled Attorney General Kathleen Kane.
- The Latest: Sanders wins Rhode Island's Democratic primary Updated: Apr-26-16 9:21 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on the presidential primary in Rhode Island (all times local):