- South Dakota begins absentee voting for primary Updated: Apr-18-14 3:14 pm
- Wayne County executive to seek re-election Updated: Apr-18-14 11:40 am
- Small town election sparks controversy Updated: Apr-18-14 10:00 am
- Rob Ford acknowledges "rocky moments" at rally Updated: Apr-17-14 11:23 pm
- Attorney general rejects wording of alcohol item Updated: Apr-17-14 6:30 pm
- Rio Rancho voters Hull as new mayor Updated: Apr-16-14 9:16 am
- Special election will require a runoff Updated: Apr-16-14 8:58 am
- Cuomo appoints 5 to NY midlevel appeals courts Updated: Apr-15-14 12:05 pm
- Castle Rock council approves open carry election Updated: Apr-15-14 10:53 am
- New mayor's election in Drew Updated: Apr-15-14 4:10 am
- High court: Alaska tribe should settle dispute Updated: Apr-14-14 1:42 pm
- Pawtucket mayor to kick off re-election campaign Updated: Apr-12-14 9:40 am
- Buck, Renfroe on ballot for Gardner House seat Updated: Apr-11-14 8:03 pm
- Haley's GOP opponent Ervin withdraws from primary Updated: Apr-11-14 7:41 pm
- Tallulah City Council appoints interim mayor Updated: Apr-11-14 8:07 am
- Judge: AC councilman suit against NJ can proceed Updated: Apr-10-14 8:31 pm
- Ethics board says Hawaii candidate can keep job Updated: Apr-10-14 5:19 pm
- Lafayette airport tax request heading to council Updated: Apr-10-14 10:15 am
- Ohio House approves Kasich's midterm budget bill Updated: Apr-09-14 9:43 pm
- Campaign by Kirkwood shooter's nephew falls short Updated: Apr-09-14 5:19 pm
- Neb. sheriffs, police chiefs back Bruning for gov. Updated: Apr-09-14 1:27 pm
- Jackson County legislator withdraws from primary Updated: Apr-09-14 8:29 am
- Yarber, Lumumba headed for runoff in mayor's race Updated: Apr-09-14 8:02 am
- Mayor candidates unopposed in Bismarck and Minot Updated: Apr-09-14 7:04 am
- Funding cut threat for absentee ballots eliminated Updated: Apr-08-14 9:13 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota voters who live out of the state, will be travelling on Election Day or simply want to cast their vote early can do so with absentee ballots beginning Friday.
DETROIT - Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano plans to kick off his re-election campaign on Monday.
MONTEZUMA, Colorado - Questions about a local government election have turned into a mountain of a political dispute in Montezuma, which has just 65 residents.
TORONTO - Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford acknowledged "rocky moments over the past year" but vowed to fight harder than ever to win re-election at a rally he dubbed the official launch of his campaign.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas attorney general's office has rejected the wording of a ballot proposal that would make alcohol sales legal in all 75 of the state's counties.
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - Greggory Hull will be Rio Rancho's new mayor.
SANDERSVILLE, Mississippi - Two people, including the widow of the former Sandersville mayor, will be in an April 22 runoff.
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has appointed five trial court judges to vacancies on midlevel Appellate Division courts.
CASTLE ROCK, Colorado - The Castle Rock Town Council has agreed to let voters decide whether or not to repeal the town's ban on openly carrying firearms in town-owned buildings and parks.
DREW, Mississippi - Three candidates will be on the ballot Tuesday in a new election for mayor of Drew.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Alaska Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling that a tribal dispute involving leadership should be settled locally, not through the court system.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Pawtucket Mayor Donald Grebien plans to kick off his campaign for a second term.
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - Republican delegates on Friday placed State Sen Scott Renfroe and Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck on the primary ballot to replace Rep. Cory Gardner, who is stepping down from his House seat in a highly conservative district to challenge Democratic U.S. Sen Mark Udall.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley's Republican opponent said Friday that he's decided to bypass the primary and become a petition candidate in November.
TALLULAH, Louisiana - The Tallulah City Council has named Michael Beckwith the interim mayor of Tallulah.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A Superior Court judge is allowing a lawsuit by an Atlantic City councilman alleging malicious prosecution by the state Attorney General's Office to move forward - again.
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - The deputy county clerk on Hawaii's Big Island will get to keep her position while running for a seat on the county council, an ethics panel has decided.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - An election for a 1 percent sales tax to fund a new terminal and other improvements at Lafayette Regional Airport is on its way to the City-Parish Council.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio representatives from both political parties criticized Republican Gov. John Kasich on Wednesday for saddling them with a midterm budget bill heavily loaded with disparate proposals they called unsuited to a non-budget year.
KIRKWOOD, Missouri - Jayson Thornton knew his campaign for the Kirkwood City Council couldn't avoid the legacy of a troubled uncle who shot and killed six public servants in a 2008 City Hall rampage before he was shot and killed by police.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning has won the endorsement of 60 county sheriffs and 59 police chiefs in his Republican primary bid for governor.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Jackson County legislator has withdrawn from the Democratic primary amid concerns about a previous felony conviction.
JACKSON, Mississippi - City Council member Tony Yarber and Chokwe Antar Lumumba, son of the late Mayor Chokwe Lumumba, will be in an April 22 runoff to see who will become Jackson's next mayor.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - It doesn't appear there will be mayoral races in Bismarck and Minot this year.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Counties that mail out absentee ballots in violation of state law will no longer face the threat of losing funding after a committee in the GOP-led Ohio House removed language from Gov. John Kasich's midterm budget Tuesday following strong pushback from both Democrats and Republicans.