- Lawsuit seeks to boost effort to recall Ferguson's mayor Updated: Jul-03-15 11:29 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - A Ferguson resident hopes his lawsuit resurrects a recall petition effort meant to oust Ferguson's mayor from office.
- UN observers say Burundi elections were not free Updated: Jul-02-15 5:01 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. observer mission concluded Thursday that this week's parliamentary elections in Burundi were not "free, credible and inclusive."
- 5 candidates for Salt Lake City mayor hold 1st debate Updated: Jul-02-15 2:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The four challengers hoping to unseat Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker this November used their first mayoral debate Wednesday to hammer the two-term mayor over his handling of recent sexual assault allegations at the police department and problems with the city's homeless population.
- Special election fills vacant seat on Navajo Nation Council Updated: Jul-02-15 12:00 pm
WINDOW ROCK, Arizona - A Utah man is the Navajo Nation Council's newest member, winning a seat vacated by the tribe's vice president.
- Ex-NY senator gets 7 years in prison for mayoral race plot Updated: Jul-01-15 8:38 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Former Democratic state Sen. Malcolm Smith was sentenced Wednesday to seven years in prison in a scheme to bribe his way onto the ballot for the 2013 New York City mayoral election.
- Pro-European candidate leads in Moldova vote Updated: Jun-28-15 7:07 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Near-final results gave a pro-European Union candidate a comfortable lead in the runoff vote for mayor of Moldova's biggest city Sunday, in an election seen as a test of whether the former Soviet republic moves closer to the EU or to neighboring Russia.
- Effort to recall Ferguson mayor falls short Updated: Jun-26-15 6:14 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - An effort to recall the mayor of Ferguson in the wake of last summer's shooting death of Michael Brown has fallen short.
- Voters to decide measures altering Kenai elections Updated: Jun-25-15 2:53 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Kenai voters in October will decide on three ballot measures that make changes to the city's election process.
- Sly James re-elected as Kansas City mayor Updated: Jun-24-15 8:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Sly James was re-elected to a second term as Kansas City mayor in an election with extremely low voter turnout.
- Massachusetts launches online voting registration system Updated: Jun-23-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts is now the 21st state to offer online voter registration.
- Senate opponents locked in residency dispute Updated: Jun-23-15 4:09 pm
HOLLY SPRINGS, Mississippi - A residency fight in Senate District 10 appears headed to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
- Socialist-led coalition wins town hall elections in Albania Updated: Jun-23-15 1:49 pm
TIRANA, Albania - A coalition led by the governing Socialist Party has won three-fourths of mayoral elections in Albania, seen as a possible step toward improving its bid to launch membership negotiations with the European Union.
- Venezuela sets date for elections after mounting pressure Updated: Jun-22-15 5:16 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela will hold legislative elections Dec. 6, election officials announced Monday after months of mounting pressure from local opposition groups and international observers.
- Rawlings-Blake wants mayors to be heard in next election Updated: Jun-22-15 1:47 pm
BALTIMORE - Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake is expected to call on America's mayors to make their voices heard as the nation picks its next president.
- Nashville restaurant removes image of Confederate flag Updated: Jun-22-15 10:37 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Nashville restaurant has removed an image of the Confederate flag after criticism of it arose in the Nashville mayoral race.
- Death penalty in white supremacist case a tricky proposition Updated: Jun-21-15 11:59 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas capital murder case involving a white supremacist who is dying of emphysema poses some unusual challenges for a district attorney pursuing the death penalty for the first time.
- Former candidate for Md. House of Delegates indicted Updated: Jun-19-15 1:20 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A former candidate for the Maryland House of Delegates has been indicted on felony theft, perjury and other charges relating to campaign spending.
- Jackson Parish assessor won't seek re-election after 9 terms Updated: Jun-19-15 12:59 pm
JONESBORO, Louisiana - Longtime Jackson Parish Tax Assessor Eddie Gatlin has announced that he will not seek re-election after nine terms.
- Lamar County sheriff unopposed for re-election Updated: Jun-18-15 5:49 am
PURVIS, Mississippi - Lamar County Sheriff Danny Rigel will be running unopposed after his lone opponent withdrew from the race.
- Talks falter for new Chargers stadium in San Diego Updated: Jun-17-15 7:45 pm
SAN DIEGO - Mayor Kevin Faulconer on Wednesday questioned whether the Chargers were serious about staying in San Diego as the strained relationship between the city and the NFL team hit a new low amid negotiations over a new stadium.
- Special election set for city's anti-discrimination law Updated: Jun-17-15 1:23 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A special election will be held later this year over a proposed Fayetteville city law intended to shield gay, lesbian and transgender residents from discrimination.
- McLean County wants Schock to pay $200,000 for election Updated: Jun-17-15 12:28 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois - Another Illinois county voted to ask former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock to pay for costs associated with electing his replacement in the 18th District.
- Residents of Lincoln oust mayor in recall election Updated: Jun-17-15 11:11 am
LINCOLN, North Dakota - The mayor of Lincoln has been ousted in a recall vote.
- Thibodaux City Council approves vote on term limits Updated: Jun-17-15 10:04 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Thibodaux voters will decide next March if term limits should be imposed on City Council members.
- Lafourche clerk of court won't seek re-election Updated: Jun-17-15 6:48 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - The Lafourche Parish Clerk of Court has announced he will not run for re-election this year, as he plans to retire next summer.