- Fires prompt restrictions, pre-evacuation notices Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Conditions lead to higher fire danger in NM forest Updated: Apr-11-14 5:04 am
- Fire danger prompts burning ban Updated: Apr-09-14 10:44 am
- DNR warns of Wisconsin fire danger Updated: Apr-08-14 4:17 pm
- Warning issued for Oklahoma wildfire danger Updated: Apr-03-14 1:07 pm
- New Mexico governor: Dangerous wildfires expected Updated: Mar-31-14 4:14 pm
- High fire danger across Oklahoma this week Updated: Mar-31-14 3:01 pm
- Harsh Indiana winter raises spring fire danger Updated: Mar-21-14 6:24 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Authorities in southeastern Arizona put residents on notice Tuesday that they might have to evacuate because of a wildfire burning in the Huachuca Mountains. Meanwhile, officials in northern Arizona were preparing to enact fire restrictions about a month earlier than normal.
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - The combination of dry, warm and windy weather has prompted the Lincoln National Forest in southern New Mexico to increase its fire danger rating.
DURANGO, Colorado - A fire burning ban is in effect throughout La Plata County.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is warning of wildfire danger in west-central and south-central parts of the state.
OKLAHOMA CITY - As other states face stormy weather, Oklahoma is at extreme risk of wildfires in many areas.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez warned New Mexicans on Monday that the state is entering what could be another season of destructive wildfires.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma forestry officials and the National Weather Service are warning of high to extreme fire dangers in much of the state through the middle of the week.
WASHINGTON, Indiana - Indiana's harsh winter is creating springtime fire dangers.