- Holiday weekend warning: Use caution to avoid wildfires Updated: May-23-15 4:05 am
LANSING, Michigan - With plenty of sunshine in the Memorial Day weekend forecast, state officials are urging people to be mindful of fire danger.
- NY ban on outdoor burning extended due to wildfire risk Updated: May-14-15 3:05 am
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo has extended the state's ban on residential brush burning until May 21 due to dry conditions across the state that have heightened the risk of wildfires.
- National Weather Service issues red flag fire warning for RI Updated: May-13-15 11:41 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The National Weather Service has issued a red flag warning for most of Rhode Island, meaning there's an increased risk of brush fires.
- Snow storm in Dakotas breaks records, helps moisture Updated: May-11-15 11:50 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A record-breaking winter-like storm that brought heavy snow to the Dakotas could help ease dry conditions and lessen the danger of wildfires, officials said.
- Massachusetts officials: Dry weather could fuel wildfires Updated: May-09-15 11:04 am
BOSTON - Despite the nine feet of snow that blanketed the region this winter, Massachusetts officials are warning dry conditions and high temperatures have increased the risk for wildfires.
- 2015 wildfire season forecast predicts busy season for Idaho Updated: May-07-15 6:17 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Prolonged drought conditions across the West have national wildfire experts expecting a busy and early fire season.
- National Guard helicopter to assist in fighting brush fire Updated: May-06-15 4:34 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Army National Guard is sending a helicopter to help fight a brush fire on Bayle Mountain in Ossipee.
- Vermont brush fire threat lingers; state bans burning Updated: May-05-15 4:10 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The state of Vermont is banning outside burning of brush to reduce the threat of fires during an extended dry stretch.
- Trailer fire kills 3 women from family; 4 relatives escape Updated: May-04-15 8:37 pm
COATESVILLE, Pennsylvania - A fire in a mobile home killed three women from the same family on Monday, but four other relatives escaped, authorities said.
- Weather Service reports brush fires across Vermont Updated: May-04-15 5:56 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Officials say fire warnings for much of the Northeast are scheduled to expire, but the fire danger still remains.
- Thune bill aimed at prescribed burns during high fire danger Updated: Apr-28-15 10:28 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - U.S. Sen. John Thune has introduced a bill that would require collaboration between federal and local officials before a prescribed burn on federal lands when fire danger is high.