- Montana counties banning fireworks because of fire danger Updated: Jun-30-15 7:37 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Several Montana counties on Tuesday banned or were considering banning fireworks on public and private land ahead of the Fourth of July weekend, saying hot, dry weather has increased the danger of wildfires.
- Washington governor takes emergency wildfire action Updated: Jun-26-15 11:56 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Citing extreme wildfire risk with high temperatures and widespread drought conditions, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee and the state lands commissioner took emergency steps Friday to reduce the risk of dangerous wildfires - and deal with them if they start.
- Danger of wildfire now rated high in Teton County Updated: Jun-25-15 4:56 pm
JACKSON, Wyoming - The fire danger for all of Teton County in northwest Wyoming is rated "high," including Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest.
- Hundreds of firefighters join battle against fire near Tahoe Updated: Jun-22-15 10:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Air tankers and helicopters were helping hundreds of firefighters battle a wildfire south of Lake Tahoe where no structures have been damaged but the California mountain town of Markleeville remained on standby for possible evacuations.
- Wildfire danger persists despite spring rain, experts say Updated: Jun-18-15 6:27 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana weather experts say a wet spell this spring helped mitigate what could have been a destructive summer for crops, but it hasn't eased the high threat of wildfire.
- Summer weather in Southern California ahead of solstice Updated: Jun-18-15 9:22 am
LOS ANGELES - Summer weather is arriving in Southern California ahead of Sunday's solstice.
- Feds say Southwest, Northwest could see catastrophic fires Updated: Jun-09-15 7:46 pm
DENVER - Despite a wet spring over much of the nation, the Obama administration warned Tuesday of potentially catastrophic wildfires this summer, especially in the Southwest and Northwest.
- Washington wildfire outlook: above normal starting in July Updated: Jun-04-15 7:59 pm
SEATTLE - The latest wildfire forecast calls for above-normal wildfire danger in Washington from July through September.
- Oregon wildfire outlook: normal until July Updated: Jun-02-15 5:51 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Oregon is expected to see above-normal wildfire danger starting in July, and fire seasons imposing restrictions on open burning are starting in the southwestern corner of the state.