- Texas Crop Report Updated: Feb-25-14 3:04 pm
- Elevated wildfire danger for western, north Ark. Updated: Feb-21-14 7:01 pm
- NWS warns of extreme fire danger in Oklahoma Updated: Feb-21-14 7:28 am
- Forecasters: Conditions in NM ripe for wildfires Updated: Feb-19-14 4:28 pm
- Officials: Fire season underway in AZ, NM Updated: Feb-18-14 4:13 pm
- Experts predict less active Texas wildfire season Updated: Feb-11-14 3:28 pm
- Australian wildfires raze homes, hurt firefighter Updated: Feb-09-14 4:29 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The following reports were compiled by AgriLife Extension Service for the week of Feb. 25:
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - There's a high danger of wildfires for the northwestern quarter of Arkansas, and the danger is listed as moderate for much of western and the north-central part of the state.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A red flag warning is in effect for much of Oklahoma because of a very high risk of wildfires Friday.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Forecasters say windy weather is making much of New Mexico ripe for wildfires.
PHOENIX - Recent warm weather, dry conditions and a spate of brush fires on the outskirts of major cities in Arizona and New Mexico are prompting warnings that the 2014 wildfire season is already underway.
LUBBOCK, Texas - In December 2010, Texas weather and wildfire experts gathered in College Station to plan for what they feared would be a very active wildfire season ahead.
MELBOURNE, Australia - Scores of wildfires raging across southeast Australia in dry and windy summer conditions have destroyed 20 homes and injured a firefighter, authorities said Monday.