- Illinois plans April 30 day of preparedness Updated: Apr-23-14 4:05 am
- Ky. tree nursery rebuilt 2 years after storm Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 am
- Man gets second life after 2009 tornado Updated: Apr-19-14 2:41 pm
- Joplin prepares to open several new safe rooms Updated: Apr-18-14 10:55 am
- Dispatcher's dedication shows in tornado's wake Updated: Apr-15-14 10:55 am
- NWS confirms first Arkansas tornado of 2014 Updated: Apr-15-14 7:07 am
- 2 weak twisters cause damage in East Texas Updated: Apr-14-14 7:28 pm
- Oklahoma's 8-month streak without tornado ends Updated: Apr-14-14 3:37 pm
- Thunderstorms, possible tornadoes forecast in Ark. Updated: Apr-13-14 6:26 pm
- Okla. going nearly 250 days without tornado Updated: Apr-12-14 7:22 pm
- Family raises severe weather awareness after loss Updated: Apr-11-14 10:37 am
- Moore mother of tornado victim files for office Updated: Apr-10-14 6:10 pm
- National Weather Service confirms NC tornado Updated: Apr-08-14 9:02 pm
- Forecasters confirm EF1 tornado in Spalding County Updated: Apr-08-14 4:20 pm
- Stamping Ground residents remember 1974 tornado Updated: Apr-06-14 12:04 pm
- 1994 Palm Sunday tornado survivor looks for good Updated: Apr-05-14 10:59 am
- Storms down trees, cut power in Mississippi Updated: Apr-04-14 2:16 pm
- Damage assessment begins after Missouri storms Updated: Apr-04-14 10:53 am
- Tornado watch in Middle Tenn as storms cross state Updated: Apr-04-14 7:29 am
- Violent weather pounds eastern Missouri Updated: Apr-03-14 8:54 pm
- Arkansas tornado watch extended until midnight Updated: Apr-03-14 6:26 pm
- Forecast: Tornadoes possible in Arkansas, Missouri Updated: Apr-03-14 5:49 pm
- SW Ohio city marks 40 years since deadly tornado Updated: Apr-03-14 6:20 am
- Trees to be replanted in tornado-hit Illinois town Updated: Apr-02-14 1:16 pm
- REO Speedwagon concert to benefit storm victims Updated: Apr-01-14 4:04 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois officials are encouraging residents to participate next week in a first-ever national day of preparedness for tornadoes and floods.
WEST LIBERTY, Kentucky - A tornado that devastated the eastern Kentucky town of West Liberty two years ago also destroyed a state tree nursery.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Although he'll never meet his sister, Olivia, in person, 11-month-old Lucas Bryant will know all about her.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Joplin residents will soon be able to seek shelter from storms in safe rooms across the city, school district officials said.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Almost anyone who learns their house has been severely damaged by a tornado is allowed to clock out and go home, but not Katrina Gutwein, a 911 dispatcher who helped others for nearly two hours after being informed her house was damaged.
CHARLESTON, Arkansas - The National Weather Service has confirmed Arkansas' first tornado of 2014.
LOVELADY, Texas - Surveys by National Weather Service teams have determined that damaging windstorms that swept parts of East Texas on Sunday were weak tornadoes.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma's eight-month streak without a tornado - the second-longest period since record-keeping began in 1950 - was snapped this weekend by a pair of suspected twister touchdowns, but the state's wild weather continued into Monday, blowing snow from the Panhandle to Tulsa and prompting overnight freeze warnings.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The National Weather Service in Little Rock says strong thunderstorms and possibly a tornado are forecast for the state.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Oklahoma hasn't had a tornado or a tornado warning for more than eight months, though with bad storms expected in the state Sunday, it is doubtful Oklahoma will be able to match its longest streak ever without a twister.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Two years ago, the world and the weather caved in on Darrell Heichelbech. A pre-dawn tornado took his daughter in the family's Clay home.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The mother of a 9-year-old boy killed last year when a tornado slammed into a Moore elementary school is running for a seat in the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
BELHAVEN, North Carolina - The National Weather Service says it was an EF-2 tornado that struck rural Beaufort County, destroying two homes and damaging at least six more.
GRIFFIN, Georgia - National Weather Service officials say about 200 trees were either snapped or uprooted during an EF1 tornado in Spalding County.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Edna Jones was in third grade when the tornado hit Stamping Ground on April 3, 1974, and for months she slept fully clothed, waiting for it to come back.
GOSHEN, Alabama - Written in brass on a plaque at the Goshen memorial are the names of brothers and sisters, husbands, wives, fathers and sons.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Scattered tree damage and power outages were reported in parts of north Mississippi as thunderstorms and the threat of tornadoes continued Thursday across Midwestern and Southern states. Two injuries were reported in Mississippi.
ST. LOUIS - Officials in many areas of Missouri were assessing damage Friday, a day after massive storms brought high winds, heavy rain, flash floods and at least one tornado to the state.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for much of Middle Tennessee Friday morning.
WASHINGTON, Missouri - A second wave of violent weather has been rolling through eastern Missouri, with scattered reports of tornado sightings.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A tornado watch has been extended until midnight for a large part of Arkansas.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Weather forecasters say there is a chance of strong tornadoes in Arkansas and Missouri.
XENIA, Ohio - The mayor of a southwest Ohio city marking the 40th anniversary of a deadly tornado says the commemoration is focusing on survival and recovery but isn't a celebration.
GIFFORD, Illinois - Gifford lost dozens of homes to a tornado last November but the small east-central Illinois town also lost a lot of trees.
NORMAL, Illinois - The classic rock band REO Speedwagon will perform this summer at Illinois State University as part of the "Rock to the Rescue" program to benefit victims of Midwest tornados and storms.