- Construction begins on school to replace one storm destroyed Updated: Aug-23-15 6:31 pm
WISNER, Nebraska - Construction has begun on a new school to replace the one Pilger lost in the 2014 tornado, but it won't be in that town.
- Family marks 5th anniversary of tornado that hit farmstead Updated: Aug-23-15 11:58 am
FAIRMOUNT, North Dakota - A southeastern North Dakota family has marked the five-year anniversary of a powerful tornado that leveled everything on their farmstead but their home.
- NWS: 2 tornadoes touched down in DuPage County last week Updated: Aug-23-15 10:55 am
NAPERVILLE, Illinois - The National Weather Service says two weak tornadoes touched down in DuPage County last week.
- School damaged by tornado opens less than 2 weeks later Updated: Aug-20-15 7:14 am
GRAYSLAKE, Illinois - A Chicago-area high school has started its school year on time less than two weeks after it was damaged by an EF-1 tornado.
- Weak tornadoes touch down near Lake Geneva and Big Bend Updated: Aug-19-15 8:49 pm
LAKE GENEVA, Wisconsin - The National Weather Service says it has confirmed the touchdowns of two weak tornadoes near Lake Geneva and Big Bend.
- Audit: Millions of dollars mismanaged after Joplin tornado Updated: Aug-18-15 8:55 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - An audit of Joplin found enough mismanagement over its hiring of a master developer following a May 2011 tornado that devastated the southwest Missouri city that the findings have been turned over to authorities, the state auditor said Tuesday.
- Tornado hits south Mississippi's Covington County Updated: Aug-17-15 6:18 pm
COLLINS, Mississippi - Emergency officials say a tornado has touched down near Collins, Mississippi, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damage to buildings.
- EXCHANGE: Decatur hospitals stand ready against tornadoes Updated: Aug-16-15 10:41 am
DECATUR, Illinois - When the tornado sirens go off, people know to seek shelter in a basement and away from windows, but that option isn't always available inside a hospital.
- Students in tornado-damaged Van getting free school supplies Updated: Aug-15-15 3:08 pm
VAN, Texas - Students in a tornado-damaged East Texas town are preparing to return to school with donated books and portable classrooms.
- Coal City prepares for upcoming school year after tornado Updated: Aug-13-15 4:35 pm
COAL CITY, Illinois - A new school year will begin Friday in Coal City as the area continues to deal with the repercussions of a tornado that swept through two months ago, leaving hundreds of students displaced from their homes.
- Brief tornado classified as EF0 Updated: Aug-11-15 12:16 pm
GERMANTOWN, Wisconsin - Forecasters say a weak tornado touched down in Washington County, but there were no injuries or significant damage.
- Storm system brings tornado, flash flooding to northern AZ Updated: Aug-10-15 8:20 am
PHOENIX - A storm system brought a tornado and hail to northern Arizona on Sunday, with flash flooding closing a portion of the U.S. 89A with mud and debris.
- Wright still carries scars decade after fatal tornado Updated: Aug-09-15 1:32 pm
WRIGHT, Wyoming - Jean Kingan vividly recalls how her stomach dropped 10 years ago after her first glimpse of Wright following reports of a tornado striking the heart of the community.
- $8.2M is low bid to replace tornado-damaged rec center Updated: Aug-08-15 4:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A Springfield company has submitted the apparent low bid of $8.2 million to build a new South End Community Center, replacing one destroyed in a tornado four years ago.
- 6 hurt, none seriously, as tornado damages Alabama Wal-Mart Updated: Aug-07-15 6:41 pm
TROY, Alabama - A tornado partially collapsed the roof of a southeast Alabama Wal-Mart, injuring at least six people but none seriously, forecasters said Friday.
- Tornadoes touch down in west-central Minnesota Updated: Aug-06-15 8:19 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Some tornadoes have touched down in west-central Minnesota.
- Man buys damaged landmark Onion House in Delmont to save it Updated: Aug-04-15 8:25 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - A landmark house in the tornado-ravaged town of Delmont is in the hands of a new owner who wants to secure its future.