- Flooding in Elk City forces evacuation of some area homes Updated: May-23-15 7:50 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Evacuations were ordered Saturday in Elk City after torrential rain forced the closure of part of an interstate highway and threatened to flood homes.
- More flood warnings as rain, hail pelt Colorado Updated: May-23-15 6:16 pm
DENVER - More flood warnings were issued on Saturday as rain and hail pelted parts of Colorado.
- Damaged buildings, homes being taken down in Delmont Updated: May-21-15 6:11 pm
DELMONT, South Dakota - Damaged buildings and homes in the town of Delmont are being taken down as cleanup continues in the town hit earlier this month by a tornado.
- Fund set up for Joplin tornado victim closes, board disbands Updated: May-21-15 3:04 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - A fund established after the 2011 Joplin tornado has been closed and its board disbanded after distributing nearly $1 million to assist residents and nonprofits in recovery efforts.
- High school students resume classes after tornado Updated: May-19-15 5:41 pm
LAKE CITY, Iowa - Students have resumed classes this week in Lake City after their high school was damaged by a tornado.
- State, federal officials assess Delmont-area tornado damage Updated: May-19-15 1:08 pm
DELMONT, South Dakota - State and federal officials on Tuesday were assessing tornado damage to homes and businesses in Charles Mix and Douglas counties, including the town of Delmont.
- Tax relief offered for property owners affected by storms Updated: May-18-15 5:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma County assessor's office said it will offer businesses and homeowners some relief on their property taxes following the May 6 storms, which caused nearly $7 million in damage.
- Members of tornado-destroyed Delmont church save cornerstone Updated: May-18-15 8:44 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - Members of the tornado-destroyed Zion Lutheran Church in Delmont have removed the cornerstone of the century-old building and hope to incorporate it into a new church.
- Tornado in Tickfaw injures 3, damages 3 homes Updated: May-17-15 6:46 pm
TICKFAW, Louisiana - A 110-mph tornado in Tickfaw injured three people, damaged eight houses and uprooted hardwood trees early Sunday, authorities said.
- Tornado touchdowns reported in western Minnesota Updated: May-16-15 6:58 pm
MADISON, Minnesota - Severe weather has been popping up in western Minnesota, including some reports of tornadoes.
- Farmers hit by tornadoes, hail on April 22 can get aid Updated: May-16-15 3:41 pm
FARMERVILLE, Louisiana - Federal agriculture officials say farmers in Union Parish and the surrounding area are eligible for natural disaster aid following damage caused by tornadoes, hail, high winds and lightning on April 22.
- National Weather Service reports tornado south of Torrington Updated: May-15-15 8:31 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A tornado touched down south of Torrington on Friday afternoon. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
- Severe storms possible in Oklahoma, Arkansas for weekend Updated: May-15-15 6:51 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - More tornadoes could be heading to Oklahoma and Arkansas.
- Donations still needed for those affected by Delmont tornado Updated: May-15-15 5:28 pm
DELMONT, South Dakota - The people in Delmont affected by Sunday's tornado are still in need of donations.
- DeKalb County adjusts zoning to help tornado victims rebuild Updated: May-15-15 4:08 am
FAIRDALE, Illinois - Local officials say they are helping tornado victims rebuild in the small Illinois community of Fairdale - even if it means being more flexible on zoning restrictions.
- Officials say water in tornado-ravaged Delmont safe to drink Updated: May-14-15 4:42 pm
DELMONT, South Dakota - State officials have determined that the water in the tornado-ravaged town of Delmont is safe to drink.
- After tornado, Iowa students to attend class in churches Updated: May-13-15 6:43 pm
LAKE CITY, Iowa - Students at South Central Calhoun High School will attend classes at various locations throughout Lake City after a tornado damaged the building.
- Delmont tornado damaged 84 structures, countless trees Updated: May-13-15 8:41 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - The mayor of Delmont said the tornado that struck the town at the weekend completely wiped out four blocks, as officials confirmed that 84 structures were damaged or destroyed by the twister.
- Groups help pets from South Dakota town hit by tornado Updated: May-13-15 2:22 am
DELMONT, South Dakota - Animal rescue groups are working to help pets affected by a tornado in the South Dakota town of Delmont.
- Town ravaged by tornado a year ago sympathizes with Delmont Updated: May-12-15 11:10 am
WESSINGTON SPRINGS, South Dakota - Residents of a southeastern South Dakota town devastated by a tornado a year ago have expressed sympathy for the people of Delmont, whose town was slammed by a twister this week.
- Weather service says Lake City twister peaked at 100 mph Updated: May-11-15 7:07 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - National Weather Service crews were dispatched Monday to assess the damage caused by a tornado that tore through Lake City, uprooting trees, ripping apart the roof of a high school and leaving shreds of pink insulation strewn throughout the streets.
- Disaster declared in Texas counties hit with severe weather Updated: May-11-15 6:29 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has declared a state of disaster in Texas counties hit in recent days by severe weather that's included tornadoes, thunderstorms and heavy rains that brought flooding.
- Branstad declares emergency, will visit Calhoun County Updated: May-11-15 12:44 pm
LAKE CITY, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has declared a disaster emergency in Calhoun County and will head to the area to assess tornado damage and cleanup efforts.
- Store operated by Habitat for Humanity reopens after damage Updated: May-11-15 6:56 am
WYOMING, Michigan - A building materials store operated by Habitat for Humanity of Kent County is back open after being heavily damaged during a July tornado.
- Severe weather in Iowa prompts reports of tornadoes Updated: May-11-15 6:25 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A tornado has caused considerable damage in a central Iowa community.