- Rebuilding since Joplin tornado tops $1 billion Updated: Mar-10-14 10:43 am
- Meteorologist: Myths no protection from tornadoes Updated: Mar-10-14 10:28 am
- Bumps in rollout of cellphone alerts in Washington Updated: Mar-09-14 3:45 pm
- Researcher seeks clue to some tornadoes' paths Updated: Mar-08-14 2:49 pm
- After FEMA denial, Ill. turns to state tornado aid Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- Gifford faces tough decisions after FEMA denial Updated: Mar-05-14 12:09 pm
- Farmers Insurance told to pay Oklahoma trio $15M Updated: Mar-05-14 9:40 am
- FEMA denies Illinois appeal on storm damage help Updated: Mar-04-14 9:41 pm
- Sirens tested for first time since deadly twister Updated: Mar-04-14 1:47 pm
- Funds OK'd for tornado-damaged Springfield school Updated: Mar-03-14 5:05 pm
- Rebuilt community center shows town's resilience Updated: Mar-03-14 10:43 am
- Illinois prepares for statewide tornado drill Updated: Mar-03-14 8:13 am
- Officials: Rebuilding slow in storm-tossed city Updated: Mar-01-14 5:17 pm
- Ala. churches come back from tornado devastation Updated: Mar-01-14 2:01 pm
- Weather Service confirms 3rd tornado hit Indiana Updated: Feb-28-14 1:28 pm
- Northern Iowa students honor boy with service day Updated: Feb-25-14 2:37 pm
- Weather Service confirms multiple tornadoes Updated: Feb-22-14 3:10 pm
- Tornado hits southern Md. counties Updated: Feb-21-14 5:53 pm
- Storms toss boats, damage buildings, topple trees Updated: Feb-21-14 11:02 am
- 4 suspected tornadoes hit central Illinois Updated: Feb-21-14 8:40 am
- After short break, winter returns to central US Updated: Feb-20-14 11:43 pm
- Tornado touches down in central Illinois Updated: Feb-20-14 5:19 pm
- Tennesseans get tips for severe weather Updated: Feb-20-14 4:05 am
- Tax tips forum for Oklahoma tornado survivors set Updated: Feb-20-14 3:20 am
- Book to honor rescue dog from Joplin tornado Updated: Feb-19-14 9:25 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Costs of rebuilding and repairs since the May 2011 tornado that hit Joplin and Duquesne have topped $1 billion.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Weather experts in Kansas say people should not trust in myths to keep them safe during severe weather.
TACOMA, Washington - A system set up to send emergency alerts to thousands of cellphone users warning them of natural disasters and missing children has experienced problems during its rollout in Washington state, the News Tribune reported Sunday.
WICHITA, Kansas - Weather officials in Kansas will be watching major thunderstorms this year for a clue about wind speeds that may help indicate the path of potential tornadoes.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - After the denial of federal disaster assistance, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced the state will be making $45 million available to help local governments recover from November's deadly tornadoes.
GIFFORD, Illinois - Officials in one small Illinois town hit by a tornado last November say the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of the state's appeal for federal disaster assistance will leave them to make tough financial decisions.
WOODWARD, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma judge has ordered Farmers Insurance and a subsidiary to pay a total of $15 million to three plaintiffs who filed claims for damage to their homes caused by a deadly tornado that struck Woodward in 2012.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday said he was disappointed with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of Illinois' appeal for federal disaster assistance for local governments impacted by the Nov. 17 tornado outbreak.
CHICAGO - Children in the central Illinois community of Washington reacted calmly to a test of the tornado sirens that were sounded Tuesday for the first time since November when a deadly twister leveled whole blocks of houses and killed one person, the school superintendent said.
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Federal and Springfield officials say an agreement has been reached to fund replacement of a parochial school badly damaged by a tornado more than two years ago.
MARYSVILLE, Indiana - After a series of tornadoes stuck southern Indiana in 2012, many thought the damage was so severe that the heavily hit community of Marysville would become only a memory.
LINCOLN, Illinois - Tornado sirens across Illinois are getting ready to sound as part of a statewide emergency preparedness drill.
WASHINGTON, Indiana - More than three months after a tornado caused heavy damage in southwestern Indiana, local officials fear a neighborhood ravaged by the storm could end up as a blighted area now that rebuilding efforts appear to have stalled.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Two Alberta churches that were destroyed by the tornado that decimated that section of the city on April 27, 2011, have reopened their doors after being displaced for nearly three years.
INDIANAPOLIS - The National Weather Service has confirmed that a third tornado struck Indiana last week as a wave of severe weather swept across the state.
EAGLE GROVE, Iowa - Middle school students in the northern Iowa city of Eagle Grove spent a day doing service projects to honor a caring student who was killed in 2008 when a tornado swept over a Boy Scouts camp.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The National Weather Service says at least four tornadoes touched down in Alabama during this week's storms, including an EF-2 tornado that flung a semitrailer onto the roof of an industrial plant in the Fort Payne area.
COMPTON, Maryland - The National Weather Service says a tornado hit St. Mary's and Calvert counties in southern Maryland, knocking down trees along an 18-mile path. There were no injuries reported.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A line of severe storms caused sporadic damage in several north Alabama counties, Alabama emergency officials said Friday.
MECHANICSBURG, Illinois - The National Weather Service says four possible tornadoes touched down in central Illinois, causing minor damage.
CHICAGO - After a brief respite of sunshine, winter returned to much of the nation's midsection on Thursday, bringing a chilly mix of rain, sleet and snow, and at least one tornado.
ARENZVILLE, Illinois - Emergency officials say a tornado has touched down in central Illinois.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State officials are helping Tennesseans prepare for severe weather.
MOORE, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Insurance Department is hosting a tax tips forum this week to help survivors of last year's tornadoes.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Carolyn Mueller is both a dog lover and a storyteller.