- Massive, sloppy storm system snarls holiday travel Updated: Dec-22-13 1:34 am
- Storms kill 2 in southern US, thousands lose power Updated: Dec-22-13 1:28 am
- 2 in Miss. killed as storm system crosses state Updated: Dec-22-13 1:04 am
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes Updated: Dec-21-13 11:55 pm
- Possible tornado hits north Louisiana town Updated: Dec-21-13 9:37 pm
- High winds possible in Ala from storm system Updated: Dec-21-13 11:23 am
- Pension fix, gay marriage top 2013 Illinois news Updated: Dec-21-13 10:20 am
- Tornado-damaged billboards ordered removed Updated: Dec-21-13 4:07 am
- Consultant ups Ill. town's tornado damage estimate Updated: Dec-20-13 2:09 pm
- Sheila Simon delivers gifts to town hit by tornado Updated: Dec-20-13 1:14 pm
- Federal storm aid unlikely for Lafayette area Updated: Dec-20-13 11:45 am
- Ala facing severe weather threat over weekend Updated: Dec-20-13 7:22 am
- Quinn seeks federal aid for tornado-damaged areas Updated: Dec-19-13 10:45 pm
- Flooding, tornadoes possible in Ark. this weekend Updated: Dec-19-13 8:12 am
- Severe weather possible in South this weekend Updated: Dec-18-13 7:25 am
- Indiana family to get back dog lost in tornado Updated: Dec-17-13 3:50 pm
- Central Florida city assesses tornado damage Updated: Dec-17-13 7:23 am
- Plan for school shelters thwarted by Okla. tax cut Updated: Dec-16-13 7:14 pm
- Ind. asks for more damage reports from Nov. storm Updated: Dec-15-13 5:52 pm
- Tornado-ravaged Ill. village presses rebuilding Updated: Dec-15-13 3:32 pm
- College plans recycling program in storm's wake Updated: Dec-15-13 12:43 pm
- Some dismayed Indiana tornado aid request rejected Updated: Dec-13-13 1:22 pm
- Seattle company leaves tornado-damaged Neb. plant Updated: Dec-13-13 11:43 am
- Volunteers help Knox Co. tornado victims rebuild Updated: Dec-13-13 10:03 am
- Ala city replacing station hit by 2011 twister Updated: Dec-13-13 9:21 am
CHICAGO - Those who got a jump on their holiday travels this year apparently got it right. Those who didn't may have to wait a bit.
MONROE, Louisiana - A storm system swept across the central and southern U.S. on Saturday, bringing tornadoes and wind gusts that ripped roofs from barns and hurled trees into power lines, officials said. At least two people were killed.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A severe storm system swept across Mississippi on Saturday, dumping more than an inch of rain and blowing down trees and power lines. Two deaths were blamed on the weather.
HUGHES, Arkansas - Two apparent tornadoes touched down in Arkansas on Saturday, injuring at least five people and damaging about two dozen homes.
MONROE, Louisiana - A storm system sweeping across the central U.S. brought strong winds and even small tornadoes to northern Louisiana, where roofs were ripped from barns and uprooted trees felled power lines, local officials said late Saturday. No injuries were reported.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama may be buffeted by high winds from a storm system that could bring severe weather to the state.
CHICAGO - The Illinois General Assembly's much delayed agreement on fixing a $100 billion pension funding shortfall was the overwhelming, nearly unanimous choice among Associated Press members and staffers for the top story of in the state in 2013.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Owners of 15 billboards damaged by a Nov. 17 tornado in Kokomo are protesting a new ordinance that requires them to be removed instead of repaired.
WASHINGTON, Illinois - A consultant hired by tornado-hit Washington has calculated a higher damage estimate that could make the central Illinois town and the state eligible for federal disaster help, city officials said Thursday.
GIFFORD, Illinois - Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon has visited a central Illinois community damaged by last month's deadly tornadoes and delivered holiday gifts.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - State officials say it's unlikely that the Lafayette area will receive any federal assistance in recovering from damage caused by last month's severe storms.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Forecasters say Alabama is facing the threat of severe weather over the weekend.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn and Illinois' congressional delegation have asked the Obama administration to approve federal aid for communities hit by last month's deadly tornadoes.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Forecasters say much of Arkansas is at risk Saturday for severe weather, including tornadoes, while other areas could see flash floods from heavy rainfall.
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Storm Prediction Center says severe storms are possible this weekend in parts of the Southern Plains and Southeast.
MELLOTT, Indiana - An Indiana woman said she expects to be reunited with her dog Wednesday after he wandered 45 miles from home following a tornado last month and was adopted by a new owner.
PALM COAST, Florida - A central Florida city has declared a state of local emergency in the wake of a tornado that destroyed seven homes and damaged more than 150 others.
OKLAHOMA CITY - After a huge tornado ripped through the Oklahoma City suburbs this spring and demolished two elementary schools, killing seven children, a longtime legislator thought the time was ripe for the state to act on a well-known problem.
KOKOMO, Indiana - The Indiana Department of Homeland Security and local county emergency management agencies are renewing a call for people who sustained damage to homes or businesses to report it online as the state prepares to appeal the federal government's decision against declaring Howard County a major disaster area following November storms.
GIFFORD, Illinois - A small central Illinois village that was raked by a tornado last month that leveled a third of its homes is rebuilding, with residents undeterred by the recent cold snap or the prospect that some of affected homeowners are moving elsewhere, civic and business leaders say.
EAST PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois college discouraged by tons of debris in the tornado-damaged city of Washington is launching a program meant to recycle much of that waste otherwise bound for landfills.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Some people from central Indiana's Howard County say they don't understand how officials could have rejected giving federal aid to help their community rebuild from damage caused by last month's tornadoes.
WAYNE, Nebraska - A mattress pad company has decided not to rebuild its tornado-damaged plant in northeast Nebraska and instead will move production to North Carolina.
VINCENNES, Indiana - All J.R. and Sherry Doll want for Christmas is a home.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The city of Tuscaloosa finally is replacing a fire station that was destroyed by the killer tornado that devastated the town on April 27, 2011.