- Cold snap knocks Texas electric generators offline Updated: Mar-11-14 9:25 pm
- Texas Crop Report Updated: Mar-11-14 5:23 pm
- Storm breaks cold records in several W.Va. cities Updated: Mar-05-14 9:23 am
- Weekend cold breaks records across the Dakotas Updated: Mar-03-14 2:25 pm
- Brrr again: More cold, wind, snow for upstate NY Updated: Feb-27-14 7:10 am
- Temperatures to be 20 degrees below normal Updated: Feb-26-14 8:18 am
- Cold weather delaying start of Conn. maple season Updated: Feb-25-14 5:20 pm
- Wis. about to be hit with yet another arctic blast Updated: Feb-25-14 5:05 am
- Wheat gains on forecast for more cold weather Updated: Feb-24-14 5:23 pm
- Rains give hope to drought-plagued Hawaii ranchers Updated: Feb-16-14 12:01 pm
- Cold weather causes factory output to drop Updated: Feb-14-14 9:50 am
- Wildlife official: Fish will be able to rebound Updated: Feb-10-14 12:02 pm
- Cold weather taxes Olive Branch natural gas system Updated: Feb-10-14 5:55 am
AUSTIN, Texas - January's polar vortex knocked several important coal-fired electricity plants in Texas offline, and the Sierra Club on Tuesday said the loss of power shows the state needs more wind turbines and energy conservation programs to avoid possible rolling blackouts.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The following reports were compiled by AgriLife Extension Service for the week of March 11:
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The winter of 2014 continues to break records in West Virginia.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The latest blast of frigid Arctic air to blanket the Dakotas soon will give way to warmer Pacific air, but it will leave behind a legacy of shattered cold-weather records across the two states.
OSWEGO, New York - Forecasters say areas near the eastern end of Lake Ontario are expected to get a foot or more of snow accompanied by high winds and temperatures dipping below zero.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Low temperatures are expected to plunge to around 20 degrees below normal across much of Alabama as an arctic blast of air drops south.
HEBRON, Connecticut - The polar vortex has some Connecticut maple syrup producers vexed.
SULLIVAN, Wisconsin - Get ready for yet another arctic blast, complete with ice-cold temperatures and the possibility of life-threatening wind chills.
Wheat rose on concern that the latest blast of cold weather in the Midwest will damage this year's crop.
HONOLULU - Weeks of slow, soaking rains are helping the grass grow again on the western slopes of Maui and Hawaii islands, giving cattle ranchers hope they may at last escape a punishing drought brought on by years of below-normal rainfall.
WASHINGTON - Harsh winter weather led to a steep drop in U.S. factory output in January. Manufacturers made fewer cars and trucks, appliances, furniture and carpeting, as the recent cold spell ended five straight months of increased production
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Harry Blanchet knows what cold weather does to the fish he's studied all his adult life.
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - The extremely cold weather this winter has put people in Olive Branch on notice that the pressure capability of the natural gas system needs improvement.