- Tornadoes in the South; snow in Plains and Upper Midwest Updated: Feb-03-16 2:33 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Tornadoes touched down in Mississippi and Alabama as thunderstorms swept through the area Tuesday, while a powerful snowstorm buried parts of Colorado and Nebraska in more than a foot of snow before crawling into the Upper Midwest.
- Asians haul out sweaters to cope with sudden cold snap Updated: Jan-26-16 10:58 am
BANGKOK - After sweating through unseasonably high temperatures last week, residents of semi-tropical Thailand have had to scavenge through their closets for sweaters and scarves to keep the chill off their bones.
- Cold snap hits east Asia, blamed for more than 65 deaths Updated: Jan-25-16 8:44 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Unusually cold weather in eastern Asia has been blamed for more than 65 deaths, disrupted transportation and brought the first snow to a subtropical city in southern China in almost 50 years. Here is a look at the worst cold weather to hit the region in years:
- Dozens of deaths blamed on rare cold snap in Taiwan Updated: Jan-25-16 7:23 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan officials have blamed an unusually cold weather front for the deaths of at least 57 mostly elderly people in the greater Taipei area.
- North Korea's day of the 'Big Cold' lives up to reputation Updated: Jan-20-16 10:13 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - The date known on traditional calendars as the day of the "Big Cold" lived up to its reputation Wednesday in North Korea.
- Wintry weather causing slick roads, bridges in Panhandle Updated: Jan-17-16 3:34 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Department of Transportation says drivers in western Oklahoma should use caution while traveling through the area as wintry weather pushes through the state.
- Blizzards, high winds batter Eastern Europe, cause havoc Updated: Jan-17-16 11:57 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Blizzards battered parts of Eastern Europe on Sunday, forcing roads to close, trains and flights to be canceled and producing power outages.
- Arctic cold front expected to move into Oklahoma, Arkansas Updated: Jan-17-16 11:24 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Forecasters say an arctic cold front is expected to move into northeastern Oklahoma and northwestern Arkansas by late Sunday evening.
- Bundle up: Bitter cold settling across Wisconsin Updated: Jan-16-16 1:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - Bundle up, Wisconsin. Some of the coldest weather so far this season is settling across the state.
- INDOT warns drivers to be alert for potholes because of thaw Updated: Jan-15-16 4:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Department of Transportation is warning drivers to be on alert for potholes because of warming temperatures following the recent cold snap.
- NYC's homeless skeptical of programs intended to help them Updated: Jan-10-16 2:17 pm
NEW YORK - A surge in homelessness is bedeviling New York City, and dozens of homeless people made it clear in interviews that it will take more than outreach programs by the mayor and governor to bring them in from the cold.
- Cold front will bring rain, snow to state by late Saturday Updated: Jan-09-16 4:02 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A cold front is expected to sweep through Arkansas by late Saturday, dumping up to 3 inches of snow on higher elevations in the north and bringing flurries in western and central Arkansas.