- Summer is sizzling: Heat records fall across US West Updated: Jul-02-15 5:48 pm
From Seattle to Salt Lake City, the West is baking under record heat. Temperatures reaching the triple digits have made fire conditions extreme and sent folks looking for relief heading into the Fourth of July weekend. Unfortunately, the forecast in many areas calls for more sun and sweat.
- Current heat wave can have negative impact on crops Updated: Jul-01-15 6:59 pm
MOSCOW, Idaho - Agricultural experts say the current heat wave can have a negative impact on farmer's crops.
- Brutal heat wave in Pakistan last month killed 1,250 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:25 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's government says the brutal heat wave that hit the port city of Karachi and the country's southern province of Sind in June killed 1,250 people before subsiding.
- Benedict XVI escapes heat wave, heads to Castel Gandolfo Updated: Jun-30-15 7:41 am
VATICAN CITY - Emeritus Pope Benedict XVI is leaving the Vatican for his first sojourn since retiring. He's escaping an impending heat wave by heading to the papal summer residence at Castel Gandolfo.
- Spain, Portugal issue health alerts amid scorching temps Updated: Jun-29-15 11:26 am
LISBON, Portugal - Spain and Portugal both issued weather alerts Monday, advising residents to take extra care as temperatures soared above 40 C (104 F) in some southern areas.
- Heat wave originating in north Africa engulfs much of Spain Updated: Jun-27-15 4:14 pm
MADRID - Weather stations across Spain are warning people to take extra precautions as a heat wave engulfs much of the country, increasing the risk of wildfires.
- Another day of scorching heat in South Carolina Updated: Jun-26-15 7:09 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Another scorching day is coming for the South Carolina coast.
- Pacific Northwest braces for heat wave Updated: Jun-25-15 12:07 pm
SEATTLE - Residents in the Pacific Northwest are bracing for a heat wave expected to bring record-breaking high temperatures to parts of Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
- Rains cool Pakistan as heat wave's death toll climbs to 838 Updated: Jun-24-15 1:58 pm
KARACHI, Pakistan - A cool wind from the sea and pre-monsoon rains brought the first signs of respite to southern Pakistan on Wednesday as the death toll from a scorching heat wave climbed to 838 - a high figure even for a nation accustomed to sizzling hot summers.
- Storms leave thousands without power in New Jersey Updated: Jun-23-15 7:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Severe thunderstorms have rolled through New Jersey, knocking out power to tens of thousands of homes and businesses.
- Excessive heat advisory as Philadelphia braces for mid-90s Updated: Jun-23-15 8:04 am
PHILADELPHIA - Temperatures in Philadelphia are expected to hit the mid-90s, followed by thunderstorms this evening.
- Same old song on weather, more dangerous heat in NC Updated: Jun-23-15 6:59 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Same forecast, different day.
- Parts of several Southeastern states under heat advisories Updated: Jun-22-15 4:47 pm
NEW ORLEANS - With summer barely begun, forecasters are already issuing heat advisories for much of the Southeast.
- Early June heat wave to reduce Oregon wheat yields Updated: Jun-19-15 1:34 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Wheat yields are projected to take such a hit this summer that some Eastern Oregon growers may not even harvest their crop, a senior grain merchandiser said.
- Arizona swelters in triple-digit temps as heat wave drags on Updated: Jun-18-15 10:10 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona is in the midst of a prolonged heat wave that has produced record-high temperatures in Phoenix, prompted dozens of daily calls to the Humane Society about overheated pets, and sparked triple-digit temperatures in typically cooler mountain locations.
- Heat advisory issued as temperatures soar across Alabama Updated: Jun-17-15 8:16 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Parts of central and south Alabama will be under a heat advisory as temperatures climb into the upper 90s in southern parts of the state, with heat index values soaring to more than 100 degrees in some spots.
- Heat advisory issued for central and eastern North Carolina Updated: Jun-15-15 10:32 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Forecasters say dangerous heat is expected across much of central and eastern North Carolina.
- Heat advisory issued for counties in the Carolinas Updated: Jun-14-15 4:31 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service is issuing a heat advisory for counties up and down the Carolinas coast.
- Power restored to tens of thousands after Bay Area outages Updated: Jun-09-15 10:48 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Power has been restored to tens of thousands of people in the San Francisco Bay Area following two separate outages, one caused by a squirrel and another by heat.