- Killer dinosaur found in Utah; preceded T. rex Updated: Nov-22-13 11:31 am
- 'Montana Dueling Dinos' fail to sell at NY auction Updated: Nov-19-13 3:10 pm
- Kan. fossils removed from NY auction after outcry Updated: Nov-18-13 10:27 pm
- Half-grown T. rex fossil could answer questions Updated: Nov-17-13 12:10 pm
- Oldest fossil found: Meet your microbial mom Updated: Nov-13-13 5:37 pm
- Scientists: Oldest big cat fossil found in Tibet Updated: Nov-12-13 7:32 pm
- Chicago Field Museum's dinosaur to get cleaning Updated: Nov-11-13 6:25 am
- New dinosaur that predates T. rex found in Utah Updated: Nov-06-13 7:59 pm
NEW YORK - Scientists have discovered a killer dinosaur that roamed in what is now Utah some 100 million years ago. Experts say the discovery provides insight into the top predators in North America before T. rex showed up.
NEW YORK - Two fossilized dinosaur skeletons, dubbed the "Montana Dueling Dinosaurs" because they appear forever locked in mortal combat, failed to sell Tuesday at a New York City auction.
HAYS, Kansas - A California museum has withdrawn 12 fossils it had listed for sale in an auction scheduled for Tuesday, including seven it purchased from Kansas scientist Charles Sternberg in the 1920s.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas fossil hunter has unearthed the remains of what is believed to be a half-grown Tyrannosaurus rex from Montana that could help fill a void in paleontologists' understanding of the king of the dinosaurs.
WASHINGTON - What may be the oldest complete fossil on Earth paints a smelly but colorful picture of our microbial ancestors from nearly 3.5 billion years ago.
LOS ANGELES - Scientists have unearthed the oldest big cat fossil yet, suggesting the predator - similar to a snow leopard - evolved in Asia and spread out.
CHICAGO - The Field Museum's famous Tyrannosaurus rex dinosaur skeleton, Sue, is getting ready for the holidays.
SALT LAKE CITY - Paleontologists on Wednesday unveiled a new dinosaur discovered four years ago in southern Utah that proves giant tyrant dinosaurs like the Tyrannosaurus rex were around 10 million years earlier than previously believed.