- McFadden wins first Winter Paralympics medal Updated: Mar-12-14 12:18 pm
- From war to Paralympics, US vets compete on ice Updated: Mar-11-14 3:07 pm
- Paralympics chief: No need for rights assurances Updated: Mar-11-14 8:49 am
- From Sochi, Paralympians following Pistorius trial Updated: Mar-10-14 12:42 pm
- Plea for peace and Ukraine's independence in Sochi Updated: Mar-08-14 1:41 pm
- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Putin declares Sochi Winter Paralympics open Updated: Mar-07-14 1:40 pm
- Ukraine decides to compete in Paralympics in Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 10:00 am
- Ukraine peace sought for Paralympics in Sochi Updated: Mar-01-14 3:05 pm
- AP PHOTOS: Teen shines on Paralympic hockey team Updated: Feb-24-14 10:14 am
- Mass. local named to US Paralympic team in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 4:35 pm
- Disability access needs improvement at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-19-14 4:34 am
SOCHI, Russia - Tatyana McFadden of the United States added to her 10 Summer Paralympic medals by claiming her first of the Winter Games on Wednesday.
SOCHI, Russia - Surging across the ice as chants of "Ro-ssi-ya! Ro-ssi-ya!" from raucous Russian fans filled the venue, Joshua Sweeney felt the rush of adrenaline he used to experience as a soldier.
SOCHI, Russia - Countries bidding to host the Olympics and Paralympics should not be compelled to provide assurances about human rights standards, according to the head of the International Paralympic Committee.
SOCHI, Russia - From a court room in Pretoria to the snow and ice more than 7,000 miles away in Sochi, the Oscar Pistorius trial looms large over the Paralympic world.
SOCHI, Russia - In the fading light in the mountains above Sochi, the athletes and flags from Russia and Ukraine appeared side by side Saturday, united by success on the opening day of action at the Paralympics as the discord between their nations deepens.
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
SOCHI, Russia - With a solitary Ukrainian athlete taking part in the opening ceremony, Russian President Vladimir Putin opened the Winter Paralympics in Sochi on Friday against the backdrop of his country's military action in Crimea.
SOCHI, Russia - Ukraine will compete in the Winter Paralympics in Sochi despite Russia's military moves in Crimea.
LONDON - Leaders of the Paralympics expressed hopes Saturday for a peaceful outcome in Ukraine after Russia executed a de facto military takeover of the Crimea region as athletes arrived in nearby Sochi for next week's start of the Winter Paralympics.
NORTHLAKE, Illinois - Brody Roybal was born with no legs. But that didn't stop him from trying any number of sports at an early age.
WENHAM, Massachusetts - An alpine monoskier from Wenham, Massachusetts, is heading to Sochi for her third Paralympic appearance.
SOCHI, Russia - After $51 billion, it should be easy to get around at the Olympics - for everyone.