- French farmers protest taps into freewheeling tradition Updated: Jul-28-15 11:12 am
PARIS - Over the past week, French farmers have used tractors to block the border with Germany and chucked foreign vegetables off trucks in protest of cheap imports. French leaders did not call in the police - they gave the farmers their support.
- Ukraine's richest man warns of aid blockade in the east Updated: Jul-27-15 4:19 am
KIEV, Ukraine - The biggest supplier of aid to rebel-controlled eastern Ukraine says its mission could fold in two days' time if rebels continue to block its convoys.
- Turkey briefly blocks access to Twitter over bombing images Updated: Jul-22-15 9:38 am
ISTANBUL - Turkey briefly blocked access to Twitter on Wednesday to prevent images of Monday's deadly bombing from being broadcast and to stop Twitter users from calling for protests against the government, which they blamed for not doing enough to prevent the attack, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported.
- Israel deports Gaza flotilla activists Updated: Jun-30-15 2:56 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel has deported a group of pro-Palestinian activists, including a former Tunisian president, who tried to breach its naval blockade of the Gaza Strip.
- A year after Gaza war, Hamas entrenched as frustration grows Updated: Jun-30-15 7:38 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Emad Firi is angry. During last summer's Israel-Hamas war, a shell slammed through the roof of his house and shredded his right leg. Unable to work, Firi's son now drives his taxi but the family struggles to survive.