- Top US auto safety regulator says Chrysler to face sanctions Updated: Jul-02-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Fiat Chrysler will be punished soon for failing to follow the law in 23 recalls involving more than 11 million vehicles, the nation's top auto safety regulator said Thursday.
- Antique car meet up turns time backwards at Rogers drive-in Updated: Jul-02-15 11:12 am
ROGERS, Arkansas - More than half a dozen Model A Fords in front of the 55-year-old Susie Q drive-in drew quite a bit of attention in June.
- IndyCar CEO: Rules package was off for Fontana race Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
The CEO of IndyCar said Wednesday that the series went too far with the rules package for last weekend's race at California, where many drivers sharply criticized what they said was dangerous pack racing.
- Consider the financial implications of lengthy auto loans Updated: Jul-01-15 5:49 pm
Kevin Flores has more than six years to pay off the loan on his new Nissan Frontier pickup.
- Jaguar XJ flagship is distinctive luxury style Updated: Jul-01-15 11:34 am
An odd thing happened as Americans' taste for luxury vehicles grew in recent years: Jaguar, the venerable British marquee, struggled to gain traction.
- Journey of Hope bikers hit by truck in Show Low doing better Updated: Jun-30-15 8:02 am
LAKE HAVASU, Arizona - The six bicyclists who were struck by a truck during a charity ride in Show Low are now in stable condition.
- Maine's large metro area bucks national commuting trends Updated: Jun-26-15 10:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Workers in Maine's largest metropolitan area enjoy shorter commuting times than the national average despite the area's status as an employment hub for the state.
- Former Vermont state employee sentenced to 18 months Updated: Jun-25-15 6:46 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Vermont state worker who pleaded guilty to embezzling $207,000 has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- Last-minute Father's Day lottery ticket gift worth $1M Updated: Jun-24-15 4:17 pm
JEANNETTE, Pennsylvania - A scratch-off lottery ticket bought as a last-minute Father's Day gift has turned a truck driver into an instant millionaire.
- Officials worry over funding for Delaware County Fair Updated: Jun-24-15 3:29 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Delaware County leaders are concerned after few people stepped up to donate money to replace funding that will be lost after they canceled this year's hog wrestling event at the county fair.
- 2015 Kia Sedona provides first-class lounge seats, more room Updated: Jun-24-15 10:35 am
Kia's new, first-class lounge seats might just be the way to make a minivan more appealing.
- Senators: Safety agency must shape up to get more funding Updated: Jun-23-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Senators threatened Tuesday to withhold additional funding from the nation's top auto safety agency until it improves its ability to spot defective parts like Takata Corp.'s exploding air bags.
- The Latest: Senators question safety of replacement air bags Updated: Jun-23-15 1:01 pm
- Senators express frustration with Takata, regulators Updated: Jun-23-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - Senators expressed anger and exasperation Tuesday with both air bag maker Takata Corp. and federal auto safety regulators over a problem with defective air bag inflators that has escalated into the largest auto-safety recall in U.S. history.
- Alcorn sheriff charged with steering purchases to car dealer Updated: Jun-22-15 7:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Alcorn County Sheriff Charles Rinehart was indicted Monday on charges that he conspired with the owners of a used car dealership to falsify documents and steer business to them.
- Rosberg wins Austrian GP ahead of Mercedes teammate Hamilton Updated: Jun-21-15 11:08 am
SPEILBERG, Austria - Nico Rosberg showed his championship potential by overtaking pole sitter Lewis Hamilton on the first turn and went on to win the Austrian Grand Prix in style on Sunday.
- Reports: Federal agency fails to hold carmakers to account Updated: Jun-19-15 10:25 pm
WASHINGTON - An upcoming government audit says the nation's auto safety regulator failed repeatedly over a decade to discover the General Motors ignition switch defect that's linked to more than 110 deaths.
- Auto industry quality improves, Japanese don't keep pace Updated: Jun-17-15 6:35 pm
DETROIT - The quality of cars and trucks made by European, Korean and U.S. companies has improved so much in recent years that Japanese automakers, long the industry standard, are having trouble keeping pace.
- Mini Hardtop adds 2 doors, keeps tight handling Updated: Jun-17-15 11:08 am
The Mini Cooper Hardtop has oodles of personality, go-kart handling and now, of all things, four doors and a big, color-changing "mood ring" on the dashboard.
- Stop sticks thrown at Dallas police attacker's fleeing van Updated: Jun-16-15 6:43 pm
DALLAS - Patrol car video shows a Dallas County sheriff's deputy flinging stop sticks in front of a fleeing van after the driver shot up Dallas police headquarters.
- BBC's hit car show 'Top Gear' to return with new host Updated: Jun-16-15 4:31 pm
LONDON - The BBC says its hit automotive TV show "Top Gear" will return to the airwaves with a new host replacing scandal-tainted Jeremy Clarkson.
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval vetoes career-low 7 bills Updated: Jun-15-15 8:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval vetoed a career-low seven bills that passed the Republican-controlled Legislature, including measures aimed at breaking up a tiny Nevada town and changing rules on special license plates for classic cars.
- US factory output down in May, hurt by oil refining cuts Updated: Jun-15-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. factory output slipped in May, hurt by a decline in oil refining that overshadowed solid gains by automakers.
- Porsche wins the 24 Hours Le Mans race for record 17th time Updated: Jun-14-15 9:44 am
LE MANS, France - With German Formula One driver Nico Hulkenberg behind the wheel, Porsche won the 24 Hours Le Mans on Sunday to end Audi's five-race winning run and clinch a record 17th victory at the famous endurance race.
- Police: Maine man had twins in car during drug buy Updated: Jun-11-15 6:50 am
LAWRENCE, Massachusetts - Police have arrested a man they say drove from Maine to Massachusetts to buy heroin with his 2-year-old twins in his car.