- 2 police cruisers hit in Colorado Springs Updated: Oct-03-15 10:59 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Several Colorado Springs police officers escaped injury when a car ran into their cruisers while the officers were investigating a domestic disturbance on the side of the road.
- US auto sales show big gains, except at Volkswagen Updated: Oct-01-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - September was a blockbuster sales month for the U.S. auto industry - except at Volkswagen, where an emissions scandal forced the company to halt sales of most of its diesel-powered vehicles.
- Auto lender fined $48 million for deceiving customers Updated: Oct-01-15 1:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Los Angeles-based auto lender Westlake Services faces $48.35 million in cash relief and penalties for deceiving customers and falsely threatening criminal prosecution, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says.
- Bill OK'd to let drivers show police insurance on phone Updated: Sep-30-15 5:04 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Drivers pulled over by the police in Michigan will be able to show proof of their auto insurance on a phone or another mobile device instead of having to provide a hard copy under legislation going to Gov. Rick Snyder for his expected signature.
- Utah lawmaker eyes scrapping of car inspection law Updated: Sep-30-15 2:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state lawmaker is exploring whether Utah should eliminate its safety inspection requirements for cars, a move that would put the state in line with several others that have scrapped such programs in recent years.
- Kia's Sorento becomes more refined, even luxurious Updated: Sep-30-15 11:26 am
Buyers typically don't associate Kia with luxury, but its 2016 top-level Sorento SX-Luxury model is so robust in its looks, pleasing in its ride and stocked with features that it feels like a luxury SUV.
- US agency says Fiat Chrysler under-reported roadway deaths Updated: Sep-29-15 5:37 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler is back in hot water with U.S. auto safety regulators.
- Auto title loans turn up in violation of Michigan law Updated: Sep-29-15 5:46 am
DETROIT - Lawyers say two lenders offering loans that charge high interest rates to borrow against cars are operating in defiance of Michigan law.
- Bank settles claim it hiked loan rates for blacks, Hispanics Updated: Sep-28-15 4:29 pm
CINCINNATI - Regional banker Fifth Third Bancorp has agreed to an $18 million settlement on allegations that black and Hispanic borrowers had to pay higher auto loan rates, federal authorities said Monday.
- Open house set at planned Route 66 auto museum in Sapulpa Updated: Sep-28-15 9:22 am
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - An open house is scheduled for the planned Heart of Route 66 Auto Museum in Sapulpa.
- At 50, Ford Mustang is current and classic with new upgrades Updated: Sep-25-15 1:04 pm
At the age of 50, the Ford Mustang has accomplished the ultimate goal: To be current and ageless, and appealing to young and old alike.
- Dealers, owners feel frustrated and betrayed by VW scandal Updated: Sep-24-15 8:38 am
LOS ANGELES - Bob Rand bought his Volkswagen Passat last year for its clean emissions and high gas mileage. He liked the car so much he convinced his son and a friend to buy one, too.
- Kansas health care worker convicted of second-degree murder Updated: Sep-23-15 7:46 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Kansas health care worker who said he helped a client commit suicide was convicted Wednesday of second-degree murder in the man's death.
- Man's antique car collection to be auctioned off in Boone Updated: Sep-23-15 2:45 pm
BOONE, Iowa - The family of a central Iowa car collector is auctioning off dozens of antique vehicles he purchased over at least six decades.
- Van Gogh, Whistler shows set record at Clark Art Institute Updated: Sep-23-15 9:27 am
WILLIAMSTOWN, Massachusetts - The Clark Art Institute has something to whistle about.
- For 7 years, VW software thwarted pollution regulations Updated: Sep-21-15 7:53 pm
DETROIT - Volkswagen became the world's top-selling carmaker trumpeting the environmental friendliness, fuel efficiency and high performance of diesel-powered vehicles that met America's tough Clean Air laws.
- Police seek suspect who robbed man, crashed car into home Updated: Sep-21-15 12:33 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque police are looking for a man suspected of robbing a would-be car buyer, driving off while firing gunshots and then crashing into a home.
- Fan walks along F1 track during Singapore GP Updated: Sep-20-15 1:00 pm
SINGAPORE - The fan who wandered onto the track during Sunday's Singapore Grand Prix was later arrested by Singapore police.
- Vettel wins Singapore GP to liven up F1 title race Updated: Sep-20-15 12:01 pm
SINGAPORE - Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel overcame the shock of coming across a track intruder mid-race and won the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday, while runaway championship leader Lewis Hamilton suffered his first retirement of the season, injecting new life into the fight for the Formula One title.
- Five highlights from the Frankfurt auto show Updated: Sep-17-15 4:50 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Car sales are growing in Europe and the U.S. and automakers are responding with something for every driver class at the Frankfurt auto show.
- Acura's least expensive sedan, the ILX, gets a makeover Updated: Sep-16-15 12:28 pm
Acura's least expensive sedan, the ILX, has luxurious upgrades for 2016, including a quieter interior, a handsome LED-accented exterior and improved performance - all at a reasonable price.
- Tech disruption hangs over automakers at Frankfurt show Updated: Sep-16-15 12:11 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - A sense of impending disruption hangs over all the shiny new cars at this year's edition of the Frankfurt International Motor Show.
- Luxury automakers roll out powerful SUVs at Frankfurt show Updated: Sep-16-15 10:41 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Does anyone really need a sport-utility vehicle so fast it can hit speeds close to those seen in Formula One races? Luxury automaker Bentley is betting that some well-heeled customers will feel that they do.
- Budget increase for Harrison Co. Sheriff's Dept. denied Updated: Sep-16-15 9:45 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The Harrison County Sheriff's Department requested increase in next year's budget has been denied.
- BMW boss doing well again after auto show collapse Updated: Sep-16-15 3:29 am
BERLIN - BMW CEO Harald Krueger says he's doing fine, a day after he collapsed during a news conference at the Frankfurt auto show.