- Vermont town's famous floating bridge reopens with fanfare Updated: May-23-15 9:25 pm
BROOKFIELD, Vermont - A tiny Vermont town's famous wooden floating bridge - believed to be the only one of its kind in the country - has been rebuilt and was reopened Saturday with fanfare, including a parade with a bagpiper, high school marching band, oxen team, horses, and antique cars crossing the new span Saturday. Just not all at once.
- Tennessee restarting rebates for electric vehicles Updated: May-22-15 12:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation is restarting a rebate program for electric car buyers.
- Drivers set to ask fans how to make Formula 1 more exciting Updated: May-20-15 3:28 pm
MONACO - Formula One drivers will ask fans for their views on how to improve the sport as part of an increased effort to make racing more exciting.
- Spark electric car's price sparks a sales run Updated: May-20-15 12:07 pm
It took a price cut to generate a run on Chevrolet's 2015 Spark EV, with savvy car buyers realizing the lower price and federal electric vehicle tax credit can make for a super deal.
- Fiat Chrysler CEO: Company will adapt to strict safety rules Updated: May-19-15 11:28 pm
DETROIT - The U.S. government's highway safety agency has become more aggressive in enforcing auto safety rules and Fiat Chrysler and the industry will have to adjust, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
- Man's claim that insurer to blame for crash costs rejected Updated: May-19-15 4:17 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A lower court was right to dismiss a man's claim that his auto insurance company should pay his costs in a wrongful death case for a crash he caused because the insurer didn't push him to have more coverage, the Nebraska Court of Appeals ruled Tuesday.
- Not Your Ma's Bell: AT&T evolves beyond phones Updated: May-19-15 12:47 pm
NEW YORK - The company whose name has long been synonymous with telephones is looking for new ways to reach out and touch someone.
- New Chevy Camaro goes on diet, shrinks to become leaner Updated: May-16-15 5:40 pm
DETROIT - For almost 50 years, gearheads have swooned over the Chevrolet Camaro for its muscular looks, throaty exhaust and high-horsepower engines.
- Detroit museum considered selling Van Gogh to buy other art Updated: May-14-15 2:34 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Institute of Arts director Graham Beal says he considered selling a Van Gogh painting to raise money to buy other works for the museum.
- Florida's hurricane insurance fund strong for storm season Updated: May-13-15 6:48 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's nine-year streak of avoiding hurricanes is helping the state reach a historic milestone: for the first time ever, the state-created fund designed to help pay out claims after storms has enough cash and assets on hand to pay off everything it could owe.
- Acura MDX surpassing German SUVs in US sales Updated: May-13-15 11:29 am
More Americans are choosing Acura's MDX mid-size, luxury sport utility vehicle this year than the competing crossover SUVs from BMW, Mercedes and Audi.
- Peoria auto parts company fined $114K for safety lapses Updated: May-13-15 10:10 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A Peoria auto parts manufacturer has been fined $114,100 for federal workplace safety violations that the government says put workers at risk of amputation and other injuries.
- Police: New info shows car crossed median in fatal Va. wreck Updated: May-12-15 11:14 am
WYTHEVILLE, Virginia - Virginia State Police say new information shows a fatal three-vehicle wreck on Interstate 77 wreck began when a car crossed the median.
- 72-year-old man found dead in car outside shopping center Updated: May-11-15 6:04 am
CARY, North Carolina - A 72-year-old man has been found dead in his car outside of a Cary shopping center and police say they're treating it as a homicide.
- Race car drivers in Alaska's interior ready for season Updated: May-10-15 3:38 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - From the tiny quarter-midget racers to the mighty drag racers, Fairbanks drivers are ready for the 2015 season.
- Convention center sues carpenters, cites damage at auto show Updated: May-08-15 11:12 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia convention center officials have sued a carpenters union over alleged antics they say caused $1 million in damages at the Philadelphia Auto Show.
- New law allows for electronic proof of auto insurance Updated: May-07-15 2:46 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Police who ask drivers for proof of auto insurance in New Jersey will have to accept images on a phone, tablet or computer.
- Fort Dodge man accused of using fake check to buy 2 cars Updated: May-06-15 12:28 pm
STORM LAKE, Iowa - Authorities say a Fort Dodge man gave a Storm Lake car dealer a fake check of more than $70,000 in an attempt to buy two vehicles.
- Lexus flagship: A car or a haven? Updated: May-06-15 12:16 pm
It's misleading to call the 2015 Lexus LS 460 a car, or even a luxury sedan.
- NC lawmakers talk road-funding fix that spreads pain around Updated: May-05-15 5:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A proposal to narrow North Carolina's long-term transportation funding shortfall by relying less on gasoline taxes and more on driver's fees and taxes on car sales won mostly favorable reviews Tuesday from lawmakers and road-funding advocates.
- Googling on mobile devices surpasses PCs in US for 1st time Updated: May-05-15 1:13 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's influential search engine has hit a tipping point in technology's shift to smartphones. More search requests are now being made on mobile devices than on personal computers in the U.S. and many other parts of the world.
- Owner of nearly 100 cars reflects on hobby Updated: May-03-15 11:39 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Phil Wheeler's garage at his home has become an attraction for car enthusiasts over the years, which makes sense because he has about 40 cars in his showroom and about another 50 cars that he hasn't restored yet in another building.
- 29th annual music and craft beer fest being held in Conway Updated: May-02-15 4:34 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - Beer, bands and classic cars are on the schedule for the Rivertown Music and Craft Beer Festival being held in downtown Conway.
- Detroit mayor says he has plan to lower car insurance cost Updated: Apr-30-15 7:13 am
DETROIT - The mayor of Detroit says he'll ask state lawmakers to approve a car insurance program that would lower rates for city residents.
- Navigator is distinctive, big luxury ride Updated: Apr-29-15 12:52 pm
For a distinctive, luxury sport utility ride on a large scale, buyers need only to look to the 2015 Lincoln Navigator.