- Fort Dodge man accused of using fake check to buy 2 cars Updated: May-06-15 12:28 pm
STORM LAKE, Iowa - Authorities say a Fort Dodge man gave a Storm Lake car dealer a fake check of more than $70,000 in an attempt to buy two vehicles.
- Lexus flagship: A car or a haven? Updated: May-06-15 12:16 pm
It's misleading to call the 2015 Lexus LS 460 a car, or even a luxury sedan.
- NC lawmakers talk road-funding fix that spreads pain around Updated: May-05-15 5:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A proposal to narrow North Carolina's long-term transportation funding shortfall by relying less on gasoline taxes and more on driver's fees and taxes on car sales won mostly favorable reviews Tuesday from lawmakers and road-funding advocates.
- Googling on mobile devices surpasses PCs in US for 1st time Updated: May-05-15 1:13 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's influential search engine has hit a tipping point in technology's shift to smartphones. More search requests are now being made on mobile devices than on personal computers in the U.S. and many other parts of the world.
- Owner of nearly 100 cars reflects on hobby Updated: May-03-15 11:39 am
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Phil Wheeler's garage at his home has become an attraction for car enthusiasts over the years, which makes sense because he has about 40 cars in his showroom and about another 50 cars that he hasn't restored yet in another building.
- 29th annual music and craft beer fest being held in Conway Updated: May-02-15 4:34 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - Beer, bands and classic cars are on the schedule for the Rivertown Music and Craft Beer Festival being held in downtown Conway.
- Detroit mayor says he has plan to lower car insurance cost Updated: Apr-30-15 7:13 am
DETROIT - The mayor of Detroit says he'll ask state lawmakers to approve a car insurance program that would lower rates for city residents.
- Navigator is distinctive, big luxury ride Updated: Apr-29-15 12:52 pm
For a distinctive, luxury sport utility ride on a large scale, buyers need only to look to the 2015 Lincoln Navigator.
- EU to require cars to have automatic emergency call systems Updated: Apr-28-15 8:22 am
BRUSSELS - All new vehicles in the European Union will have to be fitted as of 2018 with a system that automatically calls the emergency services in case of an accident.
- House removes insurance penalty from headlights rule Updated: Apr-27-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts House has voted to soften the impact of a new state law that requires motorists to turn their headlights on whenever they are operating their windshield wipers.
- Former Florida foster kid appears on Rachael Ray Updated: Apr-25-15 10:32 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A former Florida foster kid and her mentor were featured on the Rachael Ray Show this week.
- NY lawmakers examine subprime auto loans Updated: Apr-23-15 6:08 pm
ALBANY, New York - More Americans are using subprime loans to buy cars - a potentially risky move for consumers that has lawmakers in New York state calling for tighter regulations and warning of potential economic fallout.
- Auto insurance bills changed to require $100 premium cut Updated: Apr-23-15 5:34 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Republican-led House will consider legislation that would cut auto insurance premiums in Michigan by $100 annually for two years and no longer let health providers charge car insurers much more to treat injured motorists than health plans are billed.
- Woman reports vehicle stolen during illegal drug transaction Updated: Apr-23-15 8:29 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A Bismarck woman whose vehicle was stolen told police it happened while she was trying to illegally buy drugs.
- Subaru goes rear-wheel drive with sporty 2015 BRZ coupe Updated: Apr-22-15 3:52 pm
Subaru's all-wheel drive passion aside, the automaker crafts a fun, rear-wheel drive, sport coupe. The 2015 Surbaru BRZ is surprisingly affordable, too, with a starting retail price of less than $26,500.
- Ford unveils new Taurus influenced by China Updated: Apr-22-15 9:34 am
SHANGHAI - With its newest Taurus, Ford is joining the race to appeal to Chinese business buyers by offering bigger, more luxurious back seats.
- Global, Chinese automakers debut new car models Updated: Apr-20-15 10:13 am
SHANGHAI - Ford showed off its new Taurus and Nissan unveiled a midsize sedan designed for China on Monday at a Shanghai Auto Show that highlighted the commercial resurgence of lower-priced Chinese auto brands.
- Shanghai auto show bans skimpily clad female models Updated: Apr-20-15 8:25 am
SHANGHAI - The Shanghai Auto Show banned female models and automakers responded with dancers and fresh-faced young women holding tablet computers.
- Bill would give restricted NC driver permits to immigrants Updated: Apr-15-15 8:25 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - People living illegally in the U.S. could obtain a driver's permit in North Carolina if they go through several legal hoops, under legislation that cleared a House committee Wednesday.
- Lexus' audacious sport coupe Updated: Apr-15-15 12:17 pm
The latest from luxury automaker Lexus is an audacious-looking sport coupe that turns heads and challenges long-held stereotypes of Lexus cars as sedate, plush rides.
- Denham Springs looks at purchasing police 'bait' car Updated: Apr-15-15 7:32 am
DENHAM SPRINGS, Louisiana - The Denham Springs City Council is in the market to buy a car - a police "bait" car.
- Mother accused of leaving toddler in hot car to buy drugs Updated: Apr-14-15 10:34 am
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Prosecutors in La Crosse County have filed charges against a woman accused of leaving her 3-year-old child in a hot car while she visited a drug house.
- US retail sales heat up in March; has big thaw arrived? Updated: Apr-14-15 9:37 am
WASHINGTON - Americans increased their spending on autos, furniture, clothing and building materials in March, lifting retail sales for the first time in four months.
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix; Rosberg unhappy Updated: Apr-12-15 10:18 am
SHANGHAI - Lewis Hamilton put Mercedes back on top with a win at the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday, but it may have come at a cost - another schism with teammate Nico Rosberg.
- Ferrari keeps pressure on Mercedes at Chinese Grand Prix Updated: Apr-12-15 8:30 am
SHANGHAI - Sebastian Vettel didn't get another win for Ferrari at the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday, but he was more than satisfied with another podium finish - his third to start the year.