- Norman leaders table proposal for armored vehicle purchase Updated: Aug-26-15 2:53 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Norman City Council has tabled a request to buy an armored vehicle for the police department after some residents said they didn't think the purchase was necessary.
- Audi A3 Cabrio provides drivers with low-priced luxury Updated: Aug-26-15 12:05 pm
Those looking for a luxury-branded convertible with a low price tag should turn toward Audi's A3 Cabriolet.
- Birmingham approves $1.9M to add 45 new police vehicles Updated: Aug-26-15 4:32 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Birmingham police are planning to add more than 45 new vehicles to the department's fleet.
- Geico agrees to $6 million settlement in policy pricing case Updated: Aug-25-15 5:44 am
LOS ANGELES - Geico has agreed to pay $6 million in a settlement with the California Department of Insurance in connection to claims that the company had discriminatory auto-insurance pricing.
- US agency probes Jeep SUV rollaway complaints Updated: Aug-24-15 6:13 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators are investigating complaints that some newer Jeep SUVs can roll away unexpectedly after drivers put them in park.
- Former FBI agent recounts decades-old shootout near Ohio Updated: Aug-24-15 9:12 am
CINCINNATI - A former FBI agent used his investigative experience to research a new book recounting the story of how an agent was killed by a car-theft ring suspect 80 years ago this month.
- Report: Mayor used federal grant to buy SUV for his own use Updated: Aug-21-15 9:20 pm
HARVEY, Illinois - A published report says the mayor of a financially struggling Chicago suburb directed a federal grant be used to buy a $51,000 SUV for his own use.
- US safety agency probes Honda Accord air bag failures Updated: Aug-21-15 11:22 am
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators are investigating reports that air bags on some older Honda Accords may not inflate in a crash.
- Woman finds 4 urns in recently purchased used car Updated: Aug-21-15 5:43 am
BONNEY LAKE, Washington - A Bonney Lake woman got more than she paid for when she purchased her car at an auction last week. She found four urns amid someone else's belongings.
- Caretaker accused of felony theft in car purchase Updated: Aug-20-15 7:28 am
GONZALES, Louisiana - Police have arrested a 23-year-old personal care attendant accused of stealing Social Security information from an 82-year-old woman that she used to purchase a BMW.
- 2015 Volkswagen Golf still nimble, picks up power and space Updated: Aug-19-15 11:52 am
The fun, nimble Volkswagen Golf GTI, Germany's original hot hatchback, has more power, new features, roomier seating and better fuel mileage for 2015. There's also sharp-looking plaid upholstery that makes the compact car look as special on the interior as it is on the road.
- Audi to unveil rival to Tesla X at Frankfurt Auto Show Updated: Aug-19-15 9:31 am
BERLIN - German carmaker Audi says it's planning to unveil an electric sport SUV concept with a range of over 310 miles (500 kilometers) - well beyond the range of rival carmaker Tesla's Model S and soon-to-launch Model X.
- Albuquerque man's Batmobile takes philanthropy on the road Updated: Aug-19-15 5:10 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Holy hot rod, Batman! Gotham's gorgeous gas-guzzler is all about giving.
- Creepy car show, block party highlight 'Scream Cruise' Updated: Aug-17-15 9:59 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - A creepy car show offered a new treat for car aficionados in the Detroit area.
- 21st Dream Cruise makes its way up Woodward Updated: Aug-15-15 5:07 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Michigan - The Woodward Dream Cruise has returned for its 21st ride.
- Apple said to show interest in automotive testing facility Updated: Aug-14-15 6:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Adding fuel to rumors that Apple is working on designs for a car, local officials say engineers for the giant tech company recently made inquiries about a former navy base that's been converted into a testing ground for self-driving cars and other cutting-edge vehicles.
- The Latest: Kerry: No change on migration rules for Cubans Updated: Aug-14-15 1:54 pm
HAVANA - The latest on ceremonies to raise the U.S. flag over the embassy in Havana after 54 years of broken diplomatic relations:
- US mortgage debt little changed even as sales, prices rise Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans are buying more homes and at higher prices, yet new data shows that mortgage debt is little changed.
- Man seen with gun at Vermont gas station taken into custody Updated: Aug-12-15 8:55 pm
SOUTH BARRE, Vermont - A man seen with a gun at a Vermont gas station in South Barre has been taken into custody by police.
- Fuel economy for Ford C-Max Energi most apparent in city Updated: Aug-12-15 11:40 am
Ford's first dedicated hybrid for North American consumers, the C-Max gasoline-electric hybrid hatchback, is turning out to be an acquired taste. Sales are declining for the second straight year, lower gas prices have led the C-Max and other hybrids to lose their luster and Consumer Reports predicts the plug-in C-Max Energi's reliability to be worse than average.
- Steady US job gains likely foretell a new era: Higher rates Updated: Aug-07-15 7:28 pm
WASHINGTON - A new era of higher rates on home and car loans, steeper borrowing costs for businesses and the government - maybe even a bit more return for savers - is about to arrive.
- Lexus GS 350 a practical, fun luxury sedan Updated: Aug-05-15 10:58 am
Luxury car buyers who are driving enthusiasts with a practical streak should be sure to look at the 2015 Lexus GS.
- Bay City company honors employee's 50th year on the job Updated: Aug-04-15 4:13 am
BAY CITY, Michigan - When the 1965 Ford F-100 pickup truck first rolled off the assembly line, 19-year-old Blaine Lederer first strolled into Northern Concrete Pipe.
- Former trader given 14 years prison for market manipulation Updated: Aug-03-15 11:40 am
LONDON - A British judge sentenced a former Citibank and UBS trader to 14 years in prison Monday after a jury found him guilty of masterminding the manipulation of a key interest rate, the London Interbank Lending Rate, or Libor.