- St. Cloud district faces school bus driver shortage Updated: Aug-01-15 6:49 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - The St. Cloud School District is facing a shortage of bus drivers with just more than a month until the first day of class.
- Work begins on University of Illinois solar farm Updated: Aug-01-15 4:04 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A long-awaited solar farm is under construction at the University of Illinois and a campus official says it should be producing power by Christmas.
- Delay in finishing new labs at UW prompts finger-pointing Updated: Jul-27-15 1:39 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Completion of a University of Wyoming facility with nearly three dozen labs for computer science, organic chemistry and other disciplines has been delayed until October, prompting officials at the Laramie campus and a contractor to trade blame.
- Fire rips through vacant Midvale school building Updated: Jul-26-15 1:46 pm
MIDVALE, Utah - A Midvale school that was already scheduled for demolition is now a loss because of a fire.
- Officials celebrate opening of Virginia Tech dairy facility Updated: Jul-26-15 9:53 am
WHITETHORNE, Virginia - The cows haven't moved into the new Kentland Farm dairy science production facility yet, but plenty of people showed up on July 17 to see the new home of Virginia Tech's milking herd.
- Experts help those who win injury settlements manage money Updated: Jul-24-15 11:44 am
PITTSBURGH - In May 2006, Claire Senita was a 14-year-old eighth-grader at Pine-Richland Middle School performing routine warmup exercises during a gymnastics program at a facility in West Deer when her life took a tragic turn.
- Committee discusses plan to address aging school buildings Updated: Jul-22-15 2:22 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - Terrebonne Parish School Board is looking at ways to update aging school buildings and has met with a demographer who may be hired to do a population study, the Courier (http://bit.ly/1CV1ZfA) reported.
- Crews razing tornado-damaged eastern Pennsylvania school Updated: Jul-22-15 8:14 am
HAMBURG, Pennsylvania - Crews are razing a tornado-damaged school in eastern Pennsylvania but hoping to salvage at least some of the items inside so it can be used later.
- 2 Arkansas universities looking to online innovations Updated: Jul-21-15 6:27 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two new online learning initiatives are hoping to recruit Arkansans who began college careers but fell short of earning a degree.
- Charter school under formal state review wants to relocate Updated: Jul-20-15 2:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - State education officials are holding a public hearing regarding the proposed relocation of a charter school whose two leaders were fired for repeatedly using school credit cards for personal use.
- MGCCC investing $6M in athletic upgrades Updated: Jul-18-15 10:50 am
PERKINSTON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is spending $6 million to upgrade athletics facilities on its Perkinston campus in Stone County.
- New director wants to move law enforcement academy forward Updated: Jul-18-15 10:30 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Judy Bradshaw prefers not to dwell on the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy's troubled past.
- Renovation of Scottsbluff High School in Nebraska begins Updated: Jul-15-15 8:58 am
SCOTTSBLUFF, Nebraska - Renovation of Scottsbluff High School in western Nebraska has begun.
- Fundraising nearly complete for $70.5 million KU building Updated: Jul-13-15 8:59 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Fundraising is nearly complete for the most expensive privately funded academic building on the University of Kansas campus.
- Muncie Community School board expected to seek busing cut Updated: Jul-10-15 5:38 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - The Muncie Community School board will likely vote next week to notify the Indiana Department of Education of its intention to cancel busing in three years, the district said Friday.
- State Board of Education adopts school bus safety policy Updated: Jul-09-15 12:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The State Board of Education has approved a new school bus safety policy after five North Carolina students were hurt by motorists passing stopped buses this school year.
- Berkeley center regains contract with W.Va. school board Updated: Jul-09-15 10:59 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - State officials are resuming an education program for youth in state custody at a privately operated facility in Berkeley County.
- Asbestos concerns lead to closure of Iowa school building Updated: Jul-09-15 6:46 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The main building at Washington High School in Cedar Rapids has been closed as officials deal with the presence of asbestos.
- Cameras catch drivers illegally passing school buses Updated: Jul-08-15 10:38 am
TACOMA, Washington - A school district in Pierce County has issued an average of 30 citations a month since it mounted cameras on school buses last winter to catch drivers illegally passing buses.
- School board member convicted of passing stopped school bus Updated: Jul-08-15 7:04 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond School Board member has been found guilty of passing a stopped school bus last month outside the Amelia Street School, which serves students with disabilities.