- Muncie residents push to keep school bus service Updated: Dec-10-13 11:09 am
- Westhope voters approve $4.3M school bond issue Updated: Dec-10-13 11:08 am
- Hoover schools reverse decision to end bus service Updated: Dec-10-13 8:26 am
- Man denies falsifying Iowa school bus records Updated: Dec-10-13 8:14 am
- Iowa mom: Son, 6, was left at wrong bus stop Updated: Dec-09-13 2:31 pm
- Public vote slated for $125M Minot bond issue Updated: Dec-09-13 8:13 am
- College sign deal to share facilities Updated: Dec-07-13 9:20 am
- Portable classrooms are multiplying in DC area Updated: Dec-07-13 9:20 am
- UConn at Avery Point focus of technology studies Updated: Dec-07-13 1:05 am
- NYC school to be named after Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-06-13 8:49 pm
- SD university sports arena projects clear hurdle Updated: Dec-05-13 11:54 am
- Bus drivers continue protest Updated: Dec-05-13 9:04 am
- Police: woman shot, Ohio school bus also hit Updated: Dec-04-13 7:32 pm
- Phil Hardin Foundation funds MSU-Meridian library Updated: Dec-04-13 4:47 pm
- Ga. police suspended after cursing at students Updated: Dec-03-13 3:29 pm
- DC private school looks to extend building lease Updated: Dec-03-13 8:04 am
- Anchorage schools see 25 percent transiency Updated: Dec-02-13 5:32 pm
- Transformer outage knocks out power at UNCA Updated: Dec-02-13 3:40 pm
- RIC looking to buy 8.5 acres for campus expansion Updated: Nov-30-13 10:25 am
- Report: Many SC charter schools lack facilities Updated: Nov-29-13 9:59 am
- Fear in Syrian capital as mortar shells rain down Updated: Nov-28-13 1:42 pm
- Videotape captures school being damaged by tornado Updated: Nov-27-13 4:45 pm
- Settlement reached in California beef recall case Updated: Nov-27-13 4:40 pm
- Historic Portland school building project approved Updated: Nov-27-13 6:10 am
- DSU gets $5 million donation for info tech center Updated: Nov-26-13 8:38 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - Several Muncie residents are asking the state Department of Education to force the city's school district to continue bus service for students despite the defeat of a proposed property tax increase to pay for its costs.
WESTHOPE, North Dakota - Voters in the northern North Dakota town of Westhope have approved a $4.3 million bond issue for a school expansion and renovation project.
HOOVER, Alabama - A school system in suburban Birmingham has reversed a decision to end regular bus service for students.
HOLSTEIN, Iowa - A March trial has been scheduled for a former transportation director of a northwest Iowa school district accused of falsifying repair records on school buses.
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - A woman says her 6-year-old son was left in the subfreezing cold at the wrong bus stop about a tenth of a mile from his West Des Moines home, and she wants an apology from those responsible.
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot voters will go to the polls to decide whether to approve a $125 million bond issue for new school construction.
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - McNeese State University and Sowela Technical Community College have signed an agreement that will make the McNeese Recreational Sports Complex and the university's intramural sports program available to Sowela students, faculty and staff.
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - Ten portable classrooms spread across the playground and grassy fields at Lucy V. Barnsley Elementary School, a sign of ever-increasing crowded schools. The Rockville campus has more students than it has capacity, so every fourth-grader spends most of the day in a trailer.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Local lawmakers who secured $15 million in the last legislative session for renovations at the University of Connecticut's Avery Point campus in Groton are now focusing on improving the math, science and engineering facilities there.
NEW YORK - Mayor Michael Bloomberg says a New York City school will be named after South African leader Nelson Mandela.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota's Board of Regents has approved a new football stadium at South Dakota State University and a new basketball/volleyball arena at the University of South Dakota, the last hurdle before legislative approval.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson Public School officials were asking parents and students to find alternate transportation Thursday as a school bus driver walkout entered a second day.
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, Ohio - Police say a woman in a car was shot and a bullet struck a nearby school bus as multiple shots were fired at a suburban Cincinnati intersection.
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Mississippi State University has dedicated the new Phil Hardin Foundation Library at its Meridian campus.
DALTON, Georgia - A pair of Dalton police officers have been suspended after a school bus surveillance camera recorded a profanity-laced speech they delivered to a group of middle school students.
WASHINGTON - A private school for children with learning disabilities is looking to extend its lease on an old public school building in the District of Columbia.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - One-fourth of the students in the Anchorage School District changes schools every year and the disruption creates ongoing problems for teachers and pupils, according to administrators.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - All activities at the University of North Carolina at Asheville have been postponed after a power outage.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island College is attempting to buy more than 8 acres that the school has been leasing from the city of Providence for a possible expansion of its life sciences building.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A new report says many public charter schools in South Carolina lack adequate facilities.
DAMASCUS, Syria - They fall randomly, often during rush hour, smashing into schools, businesses, churches and homes in the Syrian capital and leaving a trail of death and terror in their wake.
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A northern Indiana school district superintendent says video from surveillance cameras activated when a tornado struck will help the district evaluate its security procedures.
SANTA ANA, California - A California slaughterhouse, a meat-packing facility and two companies that provided loans to the operations have agreed to settlements after allegations of inhumane treatment led to a massive recall that included beef sold to the National School Lunch Program, according to the deal announced Wednesday.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Portland Planning Board has approved plans to redevelop the historic Nathan Clifford Elementary School building into market-rate housing.
MADISON, South Dakota - Two philanthropists have given Dakota State University $5 million for an information technology center that could include a facility to help students pursue careers in cyber security.