- High school students resume classes after tornado Updated: May-19-15 5:41 pm
LAKE CITY, Iowa - Students have resumed classes this week in Lake City after their high school was damaged by a tornado.
- Chesterfield schools want school bus cameras Updated: May-19-15 2:45 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Chesterfield County Public Schools wants to equip school buses with cameras that ticket drivers who pass while children are boarding and disembarking.
- Family sues Yakima school district, alleges abuse on bus Updated: May-18-15 2:37 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - The parents of an 8-year-old girl with Down syndrome are suing the Yakima School District, alleging their daughter was repeatedly molested by another student on a special needs school bus.
- W.Va. school shut by fire to permanently move, be renamed Updated: May-18-15 12:41 pm
MOUNDSVILLE, West Virginia - A grade school displaced by a massive church fire in Benwood will permanently move to Moundsville and receive a new name.
- W.Va. school board terminates contract with Berkeley center Updated: May-17-15 2:38 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The state will no longer provide education services at a Berkeley County facility for youth who are in state custody.
- Driver of truck that crashed into school identified Updated: May-17-15 2:05 pm
HUNTINGDON VALLEY, Pennsylvania - Authorities have released the name of a man who was killed when his truck crashed into a suburban Philadelphia high school building.
- Bryant University breaks ground on $75M expansion Updated: May-15-15 6:52 pm
SMITHFIELD, Rhode Island - Bryant University is celebrating a $75 million expansion.
- Discussion continues on high school for Lafayette Parish Updated: May-15-15 11:33 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Talks continue about the possibility of building a new public high school in Lafayette Parish.
- Wyoming justices side with newspaper in public meetings case Updated: May-14-15 7:22 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Supreme Court sided Thursday with The Sheridan Press in the newspaper's effort to report on planning for a multipurpose center, ruling the Sheridan school board must release the minutes of closed-door meetings in which it discussed the facility.
- Charter school parents want New York to change funding Updated: May-14-15 6:41 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Lawyers for New York state asked a judge Thursday to throw out a lawsuit claiming its education-funding formula shortchanges charter schools.
- School bus driver hospitalized after vehicle hits tree Updated: May-13-15 5:45 pm
GLASGOW, Maryland - Officials say a school bus driver was hospitalized after the vehicle crashed into a tree in Glasgow.
- Bus drivers needed to fill open routes in V-W schools Updated: May-12-15 4:04 pm
VICKSBURG, Mississippi - The Vicksburg Warren School District is looking for bus drivers to fill 11 open routes.
- UW receives $1 million grant for oil and gas research Updated: May-12-15 11:16 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - An oilfield services company is giving the University of Wyoming $1 million to support research on unconventional oil and gas reservoirs in the state.
- Special needs student hurt after kids pelt bus with rocks Updated: May-12-15 5:56 am
PHILADELPHIA - A 20-year-old special needs student is recovering after rocks and construction debris were hurled at her school bus in west Philadelphia.
- Weather service says Lake City twister peaked at 100 mph Updated: May-11-15 7:07 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - National Weather Service crews were dispatched Monday to assess the damage caused by a tornado that tore through Lake City, uprooting trees, ripping apart the roof of a high school and leaving shreds of pink insulation strewn throughout the streets.
- Police: 66 school buses are damaged in Prescott Valley Updated: May-11-15 5:58 pm
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - Authorities in Prescott Valley say 66 damaged school buses now have been repaired in what investigators believe could have been part of a senior prank.
- Pittsburgh police seek driver who pepper-sprayed school bus Updated: May-11-15 2:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police have been looking for the driver of who pepper-sprayed a school bus, causing many of the 25 students on board to cough or have watery eyes.
- Kansas seniors try to sell high school on Craigslist Updated: May-08-15 3:25 pm
ARKANSAS CITY, Kansas - The seniors at Arkansas (Ar-KAN'-suhs) City High School think the building will be unnecessary after the class of 2015 graduates.
- Ball State students to premiere rail transit documentary Updated: May-08-15 7:19 am
MUNCIE, Indiana - Students at Ball State University are ready to debut a documentary they produced about rail transportation.
- Bus driver suspended for using cellphone on parked bus Updated: May-07-15 3:38 pm
ATHENS, Alabama - A longtime Limestone County Schools bus driver has been suspended for five days without pay for using a cellphone - on a parked bus.
- Driver locks kids on school bus, lectures them on behavior Updated: May-06-15 8:37 pm
EL MIRAGE, Arizona - A school bus driver has resigned from a suburban Phoenix district a week after he locked dozens of young students on the vehicle, berated them for their behavior and drove off while angry parents pounded on the door, demanding their children be let off.
- School bus driver ticketed for stopping in rail right of way Updated: May-05-15 7:37 am
CHAPPAQUA, New York - A school bus driver was ticketed for allegedly stopping in the right of way of a railroad crossing in suburban New York.
- School bus driver accused of ignoring gun pleads not guilty Updated: May-04-15 1:01 pm
BARBOURVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky bus driver accused of not alerting school officials that two boys had guns in their backpacks has entered a not guilty plea.
- Northwest Missouri school district loses buses in fire Updated: May-04-15 8:19 am
CHILLICOTHE, Missouri - A fire at a bus barn destroyed eight buses, leaving a northwest Missouri school district scrambling to get its students to school.
- Vermillion High School students to help in building project Updated: May-03-15 10:38 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - A group of Vermillion students have been hired to help move every piece of classroom furniture from Vermillion High School into another building as workers forge ahead with an improvement project in the 50-year-old school.