- Small Nevada town embracing Marco Rubio visit Updated: Aug-30-15 1:44 pm
YERINGTON, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio will make history for a rural, west Nevada town when he visits there this week.
- Ex-Dayton mayor named to Democratic National Committee role Updated: Aug-30-15 12:14 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A former Dayton mayor and ex-legislator in Ohio will serve in a position at the Democratic National Committee's summer meeting in Minneapolis.
- Walker says wall along Canadian border worth reviewing Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 am
WASHINGTON - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is putting a new twist on the topic of securing the border, a staple among the GOP candidates running for president, by pointing north.
- Rand Paul closes Western states campaign swing in Utah Updated: Aug-29-15 8:01 pm
OREM, Utah - Rand Paul trumpeted his message of less intrusive government to supporters in Utah on Saturday, the last day of a five-state Western campaign swing.
- Biden makes surprise visit to Delaware Democrats' gathering Updated: Aug-29-15 7:19 pm
LEWES, Delaware - Vice President Joe Biden made a surprise visit to the Sussex County Democrats' Jamboree in his home state.
- Burkina Faso court rejects candidate of former ruling party Updated: Aug-29-15 3:10 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - A court in Burkina Faso on Saturday rejected the chosen presidential candidate of the former ruling party, prompting threats of a boycott of the vote in October.
- Health, election work elevated Jimmy Carter post-presidency Updated: Aug-29-15 2:08 pm
ATLANTA - To Azaratu Zakaria, Jimmy Carter's battle against the Guinea worm is represented by a scar.
- GOP Senate candidates slam Obama, "Washington Republicans" Updated: Aug-29-15 2:01 pm
TAMPA, Florida - They railed against the Obama administration's foreign policy. They scolded "Washington Republicans." And they decried the $18 trillion national debt and the dysfunction of a Congress that cannot get anything done.
- Democrats choose former House member to replace Glazier Updated: Aug-29-15 1:28 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Democratic leaders in Cumberland County have selected former North Carolina Rep. Billy Richardson to replace a resigning House member.
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic realities Updated: Aug-29-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - If there was ever a week for the Republican presidential candidates to talk tough on China, this was it. Spurred by the stock market's wild ride, they lashed out at the world's most populous nation.
- Latin music academy protests Trump's immigration proposals Updated: Aug-28-15 10:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is drawing protests from another Latino organization - this time, one based in the music industry.
- Police: Boy who died may have been in hot vehicle 3 hours Updated: Aug-28-15 7:19 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 4-year-old boy who died in a stifling hot pickup truck in a Las Vegas home driveway might have been in the vehicle for up to three hours after his grandfather returned home with him on a sunny 100-degree day, authorities said Friday.
- Dem chairwoman calls on GOP lawmaker to resign over EPA fine Updated: Aug-28-15 6:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State Democratic Party Chairwoman Mary Mancini on Friday called on Republican state Rep. Andy Holt to resign over alleged environmental violations at his northwestern Tennessee hog farm.
- After TV slaying, reporter's dad finds voice on gun control Updated: Aug-28-15 6:30 pm
COLLINSVILLE, Virginia - Andy Parker's resolve to fight for gun control formed in the hours after his daughter was shot and killed on live television. In his first interviews after the tragedy, he briefly mentioned the issue as he eulogized Alison. By Friday, he was pledging a full-scale fight for tougher gun laws on national TV.
- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- Legislator and GOP chairman file lawsuit against amendments Updated: Aug-28-15 2:10 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A group including a Pensacola state legislator and the chairman of the Alachua County Republican Party is launching a new legal challenge to two amendments passed by voters.
- Ex-chair of family advocacy group denies child abuse charges Updated: Aug-28-15 11:06 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The former chairwoman of a Laramie family advocacy group is going to trial after entering not guilty pleas to five counts of felony child abuse.
- GOP candidate Trump to offer plan to overhaul US tax code Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is promising to offer a plan within a month to overhaul the tax system, calling himself "king of the tax code."
- Utah rally Saturday for GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
OREM, Utah - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is scheduled to be in Utah on Friday and Saturday for campaign events.
- Advocacy group's CEO sees new issues with Kansas welfare law Updated: Aug-27-15 8:50 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Parts of Kansas' new welfare law appear to conflict with federal rules for state child care programs, potentially jeopardizing more than $40 million a year in federal funds, an advocacy group's leader said Thursday.
- Senate Republicans elevate new leader earlier than expected Updated: Aug-27-15 8:21 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Republicans in the state Senate have elevated a new minority leader, months ahead of schedule.
- Rubio says strength is only way to maintain peace with China Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says the United States must bolster its military, push for more free trade and hold China far more accountable on human rights.
- Former GOP lawmaker will run for treasurer as Independent Updated: Aug-27-15 7:58 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Former state Sen. Chris Telfer says she's running for state treasurer as a member of the Independent Party.
- Pro-Vitter super PAC kicks off $2M TV ad campaign Friday Updated: Aug-27-15 7:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The super PAC created to boost David Vitter's candidacy for governor is starting its hefty $2 million advertising blitz a bit unexpectedly, praising the Republican U.S. senator rather than trashing his competitors.
- Christie embarks on TV blitz to gain campaign traction Updated: Aug-27-15 7:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie embarked on a TV blitz Thursday as he works to gain traction in his 2016 Republican presidential primary campaign.