- Lobbying by renewable energy groups on rise in Massachusetts Updated: Apr-30-16 12:10 pm
BOSTON - An effort to jolt Massachusetts' reliance on solar and wind projects has surged in recent years, powered in part by an increase in lobbying by supporters of renewable energy.
- Delaware Republicans pick delegates to national convention Updated: Apr-30-16 11:43 am
DEWEY BEACH, Delaware - Delaware Republicans have overwhelmingly approved the state party's slate of delegates to the Republican National Convention.
- The Latest: Republicans meeting to consider chairman's fate Updated: Apr-30-16 11:38 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on North Carolina Republican Party activists meeting Saturday to consider a petition to remove the state party's chairman (all times local):
- Missouri Republicans to select convention delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 10:52 am
BALLWIN, Missouri - Missouri Republicans on Saturday will choose 24 of the 52 delegates to their national convention and many may not be supporters of Donald Trump even though the businessman won the state's primary back in March.
- Texas' 155 delegates could all go to Cruz at GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 9:05 am
AUSTIN, Texas - If Ted Cruz can prevail in Indiana and keep alive his slim hope of denying Donald Trump enough delegates to secure the Republican presidential nomination outright, Texas' full slate of delegates will be poised to help him become the party's White House contender.
- Future of North Carolina Republican chairman being decided Updated: Apr-30-16 4:01 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Hundreds of North Carolina Republican activists are meeting to decide whether to remove the state GOP chairman for alleged wrongdoing.
- Arizona GOP convention to feature Trump, Cruz delegate fight Updated: Apr-30-16 1:55 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Republicans are in Mesa for the state party convention, where they'll elect 55 of 58 delegates to the national GOP convention.
- The Latest: Legislature done for weekend amid budget chaos Updated: Apr-30-16 12:48 am
PHOENIX - The Latest on legislative action an Arizona budget proposal (all times local):
- Malloy says budget deal unlikely; Democrats disagree Updated: Apr-30-16 12:24 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's state budget deficit problems got a little worse on Friday night and it appeared questionable whether a budget deal can be reached before the General Assembly adjourns.
- The Latest: Malloy says budget deal unlike by adjournment Updated: Apr-29-16 11:47 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on budget deliberations between Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and legislative Democrats, who are trying to reach an agreement on how to cover a projected $960 million deficit in next fiscal year's deficit before the General Assembly adjourns Wednesday at midnight. (all times local)
- Lawmakers agree budget; Planned Parenthood funding survives Updated: Apr-29-16 8:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Legislature on Friday adjourned its 2016 session with agreement over a roughly $7.35 billion budget, following days of private meetings that ultimately stopped an attempt by GOP lawmakers to remove state funding for Planned Parenthood.
- Ex-Rendell aide pleading guilty in FBI campaign cash sting Updated: Apr-29-16 8:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A onetime chief of staff to ex-Gov. Ed Rendell agreed in a court document filed Friday to plead guilty to wire fraud for pocketing thousands of dollars in supposed campaign contributions from a fake company set up by the FBI to investigate public corruption in the state.
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- Fast talking a plus as Arkansas GOP opens delegate process Updated: Apr-29-16 7:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Republicans will begin their formal delegate selection process for this summer's national convention Saturday, and those in the running cannot be long-winded when making their case.
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.
- Democrats question withholding blood infection information Updated: Apr-29-16 5:34 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Democrats want to know why state health officials delayed telling people that a blood infection was spreading in Wisconsin.
- Maryland governor says he still won't support Trump Updated: Apr-29-16 5:27 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Friday that he still won't support Donald Trump's campaign for the White House, despite the Republican's sweeping victory in the state's primary this week when he won all of the state's 38 delegates.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.
- Lawmaker wants to give voters more time to switch parties Updated: Apr-29-16 4:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A lawmaker wants to give Rhode Islanders more time to switch political parties before voting in a primary election.
- Stutzman, Young near end of biting GOP Senate campaign Updated: Apr-29-16 2:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The farmer versus the U.S. Marine - those are the wholesome self-portraits the two candidates seeking Indiana's Republican nomination for U.S. Senate have tried their best to paint for voters ahead of Tuesday's primary election.
- Colorado's Jon Keyser makes state GOP US Senate primary Updated: Apr-29-16 1:32 pm
DENVER - Colorado Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Jon Keyser will appear on his party's primary after all, a Denver judge ruled Friday.
- Gov. Pence endorses Cruz in Indiana's GOP primary Tuesday Updated: Apr-29-16 12:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is endorsing Ted Cruz in the state's critical Republican primary.
- Kasich PAC's web ads target delegates with vision of victory Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A super PAC backing Ohio Gov. John Kasich took its case for his presidential nomination directly to delegates this week in an unusual web ad.
- Ohio Republicans meeting for reorganization, convention Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Republicans are gathering in the Columbus area for a state party organizational session and a meeting of their delegation to this summer's national convention in Cleveland.