- Missoula protects osprey nest from Canada goose Updated: Mar-08-14 2:27 pm
- Tribes eye gill netting at Flathead Lake Updated: Mar-08-14 1:16 pm
- Biologist: Vermont bats begin white nose recovery Updated: Mar-08-14 8:55 am
- Anglers out for days could bring more black bass Updated: Mar-08-14 4:53 am
- Annual Ill. eagle count spots record bird numbers Updated: Mar-08-14 4:05 am
- Woman attacked by thousands of bees in Southern CA Updated: Mar-07-14 11:15 pm
- Yellowstone: Bison slaughters done for the season Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 pm
- Man says he killed cougar to protect father Updated: Mar-07-14 8:28 pm
- Tucson bighorn deaths draws criticism of project Updated: Mar-07-14 7:56 pm
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California Updated: Mar-07-14 7:22 pm
- Brazilian player racially abused after match Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 pm
- Hawaiian monk seal gets eye removed in surgery Updated: Mar-07-14 5:37 pm
- Men plead guilty to luring, jumping on manatees Updated: Mar-07-14 3:53 pm
- Fond du Lac Band to spear walleyes in NE Minn. Updated: Mar-07-14 3:10 pm
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital Updated: Mar-07-14 2:01 pm
- Power production stopped at Rock Island Updated: Mar-07-14 1:13 pm
- Big pelicans spotted on southern Illinois lakes Updated: Mar-07-14 12:41 pm
- Police investigate discovery of pony remains Updated: Mar-07-14 12:26 pm
- Teen using bats to fight West Nile virus Updated: Mar-07-14 10:53 am
- Copperheads appear on rise as kingsnakes decline Updated: Mar-07-14 7:10 am
- Farmers urged to prep for possible aphid attack Updated: Mar-07-14 6:59 am
- Jacksonville Zoo's tiger exhibit set to open Updated: Mar-07-14 6:38 am
- DNR: 2 men to be charged with illegal bear buys Updated: Mar-07-14 4:04 am
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool Updated: Mar-07-14 3:06 am
- Man, 67, dies after bee stings in San Diego County Updated: Mar-07-14 1:31 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Workers in Missoula have made a high-profile osprey nest atop a pole next to a baseball park goose-proof in an effort to avoid the kind of drama that developed last spring.
KALISPELL, Montana - The Confederated Salish-Kootenai Tribes want to remove about 30,000 non-native lake trout from Flathead Lake this year using gill netting.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A biologist who has studied the decline in Vermont's bat populations since white nose syndrome started killing tens of thousands almost a decade ago says he thinks the worst of the epidemic is over and at least one affected species is beginning to recover.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Anglers out on salt water for up to three days could bring home their total daily limit of black bass under a rule being considered by the state.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Audubon Society says volunteers counted a record number of American bald eagles during an annual midwinter survey.
PALM DESERT, California - A 71-year-old woman is believed to have suffered about 1,000 stings in Palm Desert after being attacked by a swarm of killer bees that covered her entire body.
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone National Park ended shipments of wild bison to slaughter for the winter on Friday after almost 600 were removed in an effort to shrink the number of animals that cross into Montana during their annual winter migration.
DETROIT - A man who pleaded guilty to killing a cougar in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in December said he was defending his father, but state wildlife officials said Friday the animal posed no threat and was poached, its heart cooked and some of it eaten by the men.
State wildlife officials addressed critics of its sheep-relocation project Friday, saying the effort could still prove successful despite the deaths of more than a dozen bighorns north of Tucson.
SAN DIEGO - A California state lawmaker wants to ban SeaWorld from using killer whales in its San Diego shows.
SAO PAULO - Fans yelled racist insults at a Brazilian football player being interviewed by reporters after a match, the latest case of racism to hit the country that will host the World Cup in a few months.
HONOLULU - Veterinarians have removed the infected eye of a young, underweight Hawaiian monk seal during surgery at the Honolulu Zoo.
ORLANDO, Florida - Two men have pleaded guilty to charges related to an online video that shows a man jumping on two manatees.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Fond du Lac Band of Chippewa plans to exercise its rights under an 1854 treaty to spear walleyes on several northeastern Minnesota lakes this spring.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - American media mogul Ted Turner has been hospitalized for an undisclosed ailment in Argentina's capital.
WENATCHEE, Washington - The big drawdown of the reservoir behind Wanapum Dam has stabilized a cracked spillway there, but it's coming at the cost of lost power generation.
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Midwest weather hasn't felt much like spring the past two weeks but the big pelicans on a pair of southern Illinois lakes are nonetheless headed north after leaving winter homes on the Gulf of Mexico.
PLYMOUTH, Connecticut - Police in Plymouth are investigating the death of a pony after its dismembered remains were found in trash bags on the side of a road.
KOKOMO, Indiana - Seventeen-year-old Tyler Solis is helping the city of Kokomo protect the area bat population and curb the mosquito population at the same time.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - As kingsnakes decline in localized areas of the Southeast, the abundance of one of their common meals - the venomous copperhead - seems to be increasing.
WINNSBORO, Louisiana - LSU AgCenter scientists are warning Louisiana farmers about a new pest infiltrating sorghum crops, and urging them to be on the lookout.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A new, $9.5 million tiger exhibit is set to open Saturday at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens.
MIDLAND, Michigan - Two men from Midland have been arrested on charges of illegally buying Michigan black bears and bear parts.
FORT PIERCE, Florida - Federal officials have suspended a central Florida dolphin researcher for allegedly putting a sick dolphin in a resort community's swimming pool without permission.
ESCONDIDO, California - A San Diego County man has died after being attacked by bees.