- New salmon species being considered for Lake Oahe Updated: Apr-18-14 7:46 am
- Bloomington mayor vetoes preserve deer hunt plan Updated: Apr-18-14 7:16 am
- Horse virus cases showing up in Upper Midwest Updated: Apr-18-14 6:55 am
- Japan to hunt fewer whales in Pacific this season Updated: Apr-18-14 6:52 am
- Owner: Dog dies after pit bull attack Updated: Apr-18-14 6:52 am
- Cleveland Zoo hopes to enhance animals' habitats Updated: Apr-18-14 6:25 am
- EXCHANGE: Puppy learns to be guide dog Updated: Apr-18-14 6:16 am
- Humane Society discourages Easter rabbit adoptions Updated: Apr-18-14 5:06 am
- Tulsa Zoo to host elephant egg hunt Updated: Apr-18-14 3:29 am
- US agency to reopen public comment on mussels Updated: Apr-18-14 3:19 am
- Royal couple enjoy sheep-shearing demo Down Under Updated: Apr-17-14 11:25 pm
- Tacoma zoo's trained owl spooked, flies off Updated: Apr-17-14 8:02 pm
- Salmon released in California river restoration Updated: Apr-17-14 7:19 pm
- Conn. House: horses aren't "inherently vicious" Updated: Apr-17-14 7:17 pm
- Fish found with mercury in remote Western regions Updated: Apr-17-14 4:28 pm
- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Fish ladder working at dam Updated: Apr-17-14 2:31 pm
- St. Louis man gets 4-year term for burning dog Updated: Apr-17-14 12:59 pm
- New River bald eagle hit by train and vehicle dies Updated: Apr-17-14 12:55 pm
- Fla. woman doesn't blame bear for her attack Updated: Apr-17-14 12:55 pm
- Famous Los Angeles mountain lion exposed to poison Updated: Apr-17-14 11:37 am
- Sioux City deer population dropping, official says Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Owner pleads not guilty in Vegas puppy store fire Updated: Apr-17-14 10:49 am
- Oregon appeals court affirms dogs are property Updated: Apr-17-14 9:43 am
- Dogs found at shelter, porcupine quills in mouths Updated: Apr-17-14 8:55 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Wildlife officials are considering adding Atlantic salmon to Lake Oahe.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - The mayor of Bloomington has vetoed an ordinance that would allow sharpshooters to thin the deer heard at a city nature preserve.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - State officials in the Upper Midwest are cautioning horse owners about a virus that spreads easily among the animals and can lead to breathing problems, abortions and nervous system disorders.
TOKYO - Japan will target fewer whales when its Pacific hunt begins next week and will observe them in the Antarctic next season with the aim of resuming full-fledged commercial whaling, the fisheries minister said Friday.
YONKERS, New York - A small dog attacked by a pit bull earlier this week has died.
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Zoo hopes to enhance the habitats of some of its most popular animals including bears and tigers over the next decade.
GRAYSLAKE, Illinois - At just 5 months old, Bailey is getting an education at Grayslake Central High School.
SALT LAKE CITY - The Humane Society of Utah is discouraging people from adopting rabbits as pets for Easter.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Elephants at the Tulsa Zoo are getting a big egg hunt that is all their own.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife service says it will reopen a public comment period on a proposed critical habitat and a draft economic analysis about two mussel species found in 13 states, including Arkansas.
SYDNEY - Britain's Prince William and his wife, Kate, have enjoyed a sheep-shearing demonstration and greeted crowds of flower-bearing fans at an agricultural fair in Sydney.
TACOMA, Washington - A Tacoma zoo says a Eurasian eagle owl named Forrest that is trained to fly during performances of its outdoor theater got spooked and flew off into a nearby park.
FRESNO, California - Tens of thousands of spring-run Chinook salmon are being released into the San Joaquin River, marking a major milestone in the federal plan to restore native fish populations to the state's second-longest river.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Members of Connecticut's House of Representatives want to make it clear they don't believe horses are inherently vicious, a response to a recent state court ruling.
FRESNO, California - Federal scientists have found high amounts of mercury in sport fish caught in remote areas of national parks in the West and Alaska, according to a study released Thursday.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
BEVERLY, Washington - The modified fish ladders are working at the damaged Wanapum Dam, but wildlife officials are still catching and transporting some salmon and steelhead around the structure in trucks.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis man has been sentenced to four years in prison for burning a dog alive.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A female bald eagle that nested in the New River Gorge has died from injuries suffered last month when she was hit by a train and later by a vehicle.
LAKE MARY, Florida - A Florida woman who was attacked by a bear last weekend says she doesn't want bears to be killed by wildlife officials for doing what wild animals do.
LOS ANGELES - A mountain lion that appeared strong and healthy when it was photographed as it ruled a wilderness park in the middle of Los Angeles has been exposed to rat poison and is suffering from mange, officials said.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The number of deer in Sioux City is dropping, but it's unclear whether the city ban on feeding deer and other wildlife should be credited for the decline.
LAS VEGAS - A pet shop owner pleaded not guilty to fraud and attempted theft charges in a fire at a Las Vegas pet shop where 27 puppies and dogs were rescued by firefighters.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Court of Appeals has thrown out the conviction of a Portland-area woman found guilty of starving her dog.
WATERVILLE, Maine - Two dogs are recovering after they were left at a Maine animal shelter with their mouths full of porcupine quills.