- Students in Libya say slain teacher inspired them Updated: Dec-06-13 10:50 am
- US teacher killed in Libya planned to visit Texas Updated: Dec-05-13 5:35 pm
- Eco-friendly construction giant faces attacks Updated: Dec-05-13 3:11 pm
- Houston couple gives $3M to UA engineering college Updated: Dec-02-13 9:41 am
- Mass. fires chemist over academic credntials Updated: Nov-26-13 6:46 am
- Mass. chemist pleads guilty in drug lab scandal Updated: Nov-22-13 3:36 pm
- Swiss chemist to receive Conn Prize at U of L Updated: Nov-21-13 4:13 am
- Frederick Sanger, double Nobel winner, dies at 95 Updated: Nov-20-13 9:31 am
- Women in science still fight biases despite gains Updated: Nov-16-13 12:06 am
- EXCHANGE: 3rd graders learn from fish tank Updated: Nov-13-13 6:29 am
TRIPOLI, Libya - An American chemistry teacher shot to death while jogging in Benghazi was looking forward to his first Christmas in the United States with his wife and toddler son.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas church where a chemistry teacher killed in Benghazi had worked before moving to Libya says he planned to visit before Christmas.
PORTLAND, Oregon - An eco-friendly building rating system that has powered a green arms race across the nation now faces a challenge from policymakers and an upstart rival.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A $3 million gift from a University of Arkansas graduate will create an endowed position at the university's College of Engineering.
BOSTON - Massachusetts State Police have fired an analyst who worked at a state drug lab after questions arose about her academic credentials.
BOSTON - A former chemist at a Massachusetts drug lab who admitted faking test results in criminal cases pleaded guilty Friday and was sentenced to prison in a scandal that has jeopardized thousands of convictions.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The University of Louisville has announced the first recipient of a $50,000 prize for renewable energy.
LONDON - British biochemist Frederick Sanger, who twice won the Nobel Prize in chemistry and was a pioneer of genome sequencing, has died at the age of 95.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Caty Pilachowski's interests as a child elevated her focus to the planets and the stars, but there were real-world expectations bringing her back to Earth.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Caring for reef helps third-graders learn math, science, language arts, other things