- Heavyweight champ Klitschko on schedule for November return Updated: Oct-07-15 8:35 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Wladimir Klitschko is on schedule in his recovery from an injured left calf, and the heavyweight champion says he will be ready to defend his title belts against Tyson Fury next month.
- Late Philippine dictator's son to run for vice president Updated: Oct-05-15 11:52 pm
MANILA, Philippines - The son of late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos has announced that he will run for vice president in next year's elections in a new gauge of his family's political clout nearly three decades after they were ousted in a "people power" revolt.
- Muhammad Ali honored in his Kentucky hometown Updated: Oct-01-15 11:50 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali won another round of love and appreciation for his achievements as a fighter in and out of the ring. He even got the hardware to prove it.
- Column: Ali, Frazier and the cost of the Thrilla in Manilla Updated: Sep-30-15 3:50 pm
It was, Muhammad Ali would later say, the closest thing to death he had ever known.
- Ali, Holder, rapper Nas among 2015 DuBois Medal recipients Updated: Sep-28-15 4:22 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Boxing legend Muhammad Ali, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and rapper Nasir "Nas" Jones are among the 2015 recipients of Harvard's W.E.B. DuBois Medal.
- Wilder stops Duhaupas in 11th to defend heavyweight title Updated: Sep-27-15 12:57 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Deontay Wilder kept landing punches, and Johann Duhaupas kept standing there.
- Heavyweight Breazeale remains unbeaten on Wilder undercard Updated: Sep-26-15 10:28 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Heavyweight Dominic Breazeale withstood a strong effort from undersized Fred Kassi to post a 10-round unanimous decision Saturday night and remain undefeated.
- No. 11 Clemson outlasts Louisville 20-17 in ACC opener Updated: Sep-18-15 10:00 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Clemson players chose to focus more on the result of their performance against Louisville rather than how it looked, a wise choice considering things were sometimes hard to look at.
- Boxing great Ali gets award in his hometown of Louisville Updated: Sep-17-15 3:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Boxing great Muhammad Ali once again heard a crowd chanting his name Thursday and had a medal draped around his neck in his Kentucky hometown.
- Timothy Bradley announces Nov. 7 bout with Brandon Rios Updated: Sep-16-15 8:56 pm
LOS ANGELES - Floyd Mayweather Jr. insists he is retired. Manny Pacquiao faces a long road back from shoulder surgery.
- Pacquiao says Street View will help Philippine tourism Updated: Sep-16-15 11:45 am
MANILA, Philippines - Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao and tourism officials said Wednesday images of the Philippine capital and the country's main tourist spots on Google's Street View could help attract more visitors to the country.
- Muhammad Ali launches University of Louisville scholarship Updated: Sep-16-15 7:44 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali, along with his wife, Lonnie, has made a donation to the University of Louisville baseball team for a scholarship in the legendary boxer's name.
- Mayweather decisions Berto in last fight to remain unbeaten Updated: Sep-13-15 1:20 am
LAS VEGAS - His career winding down to its final seconds, Floyd Mayweather Jr. took a victory lap around the ring, his fist raised in triumph.