- Rising violence kills over 200 in a week in Syria's Aleppo Updated: Apr-29-16 4:10 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Syrian army and rebels unleashed deadly new attacks on each other Friday in Aleppo, with insurgents shelling a mosque during weekly prayers and government airstrikes hitting opposition neighborhoods in escalating bloodshed the U.N. decried as a "monstrous disregard for civilian lives by all parties."
- Illinois school settles separation of church and state case Updated: Apr-28-16 6:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - An Illinois public school that requires students who ride the bus to arrive early for optional religious instruction at a Roman Catholic parish has agreed to discontinue the practice in response to a legal challenge.
- The Latest: 1,000 workers hear of 'nightmare' at memorial Updated: Apr-28-16 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a Workers' Memorial Day Mass for construction workers who died in the job (all times local):
- Catholic Pole unmasked as impostor in Jewish community Updated: Apr-21-16 11:20 am
WARSAW, Poland - A Jewish leader in Poland said Thursday that her community was deceived by a Polish Catholic man who pretended to be an Orthodox Jew, wearing a beard and payots - curly sideburns in front of the ears - and leading prayers in Hebrew.
- The Latest: Syrians thank pope for bringing them to Italy Updated: Apr-16-16 2:55 pm
MYTILENE, Greece - The Latest on Pope Francis' visit to the Greek island of Lesbos (all times local):
- Franklin Graham: Christians should deepen political work Updated: Apr-13-16 6:59 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Evangelist Franklin Graham, on a 50-state prayer rally tour for more Christian involvement in politics, made clear in Mississippi Wednesday that he supports the state's incoming law to let churches and some private businesses deny services to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
- Chino Valley school board members ordered to pay legal fees Updated: Apr-04-16 10:20 am
CHINO HILLS, California - Two months after members of a Southern California school district board were ordered to halt prayers and religious proselytizing at meetings, the same federal judge has ordered them to pay the legal fees of the lawsuit's winning side.
- Fans can leave prayers for Tigers in wall near ballpark Updated: Apr-02-16 1:13 pm
DETROIT - Fans flocking to Detroit's Comerica Park for the 2016 baseball season can leave written pleas for their favorite team's success - or for other reasons - in a prayer wall next door to the stadium.
- Female activists stopped from entering temple in west India Updated: Apr-02-16 8:04 am
NEW DELHI - Around 25 female activists were prevented Saturday from entering a temple in western India traditionally open only to men, a day after a Mumbai court ruled that women have a fundamental right to enter and pray inside temples.