- Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in churches Updated: Jul-02-15 3:22 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Episcopalians voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples, solidifying the church's embrace of gay rights that began more than a decade ago with the pioneering election of the first openly gay bishop.
- Pope pauses in silent prayer before Shroud of Turin Updated: Jun-21-15 2:47 pm
TURIN, Italy - Pope Francis paused in silent prayer before the Shroud of Turin Sunday, becoming the latest of hundreds of thousands of people who have come this year to Turin's cathedral to view the burial linen some believe covered the body of Jesus after crucifixion.
- Notre Dame president sends letter to South Carolina church Updated: Jun-21-15 11:58 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The president of the University of Notre Dame has written a letter to the members of a historic black church in South Carolina where nine people were fatally shot last week praising the victims' family members for their words of forgiveness.
- List of church-related events in Charleston on Sunday Updated: Jun-21-15 7:58 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - On the first Sunday since the fatal shooting of nine people at a Charleston church, many other congregations in the city will hold memorials and other events as a show of support. And Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, the site of the shooting, will open to the public for the first time since its parishioners were killed Wednesday night.
- Denver church holds vigil for South Carolina victims Updated: Jun-19-15 12:11 am
DENVER - A Denver church held a vigil Thursday night to pray for victims and discuss safety issues in response to the shooting at a South Carolina African Methodist Episcopal church that left nine people dead.
- Sharpton wants national prayer day after SC church shooting Updated: Jun-18-15 12:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Rev. Al Sharpton says his organization is coordinating a national day of prayer after Wednesday night's deadly shooting at a South Carolina church.
- Indiana Black Expo president prays for Charleston victims Updated: Jun-18-15 12:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Black Expo President Tanya Bell says the organizations thoughts and prayers are with the families and victims of a deadly shooting at a South Carolina church.
- Israel church set ablaze in possible Jewish extremist attack Updated: Jun-18-15 11:23 am
TABGHA, Israel - A fire ripped through one of the most famous Catholic churches in the Holy Land on Thursday, damaging the roof and burning prayer books in what authorities believe is an attack by Jewish extremists.
- Muslims worldwide to mark the start of Ramadan on Thursday Updated: Jun-17-15 6:06 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Muslims around the world will mark the start of Ramadan on Thursday, a month of intense prayer, dawn-to-dusk fasting and nightly feasts.
- Q&A: What is Ramadan and why do Muslims fast all day? Updated: Jun-17-15 11:44 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Millions of Muslims around the world will mark the start of Ramadan on Thursday, a month of intense prayer, dawn-to-dusk fasting and nightly feasts. Here's a look at some questions and answers about Islam's holiest month:
- French app hopes to link Muslim faithful with prayer sites Updated: Jun-14-15 7:43 am
MARSEILLE, France - They simply wanted a place to pray, as required five times a day for faithful Muslims. But in France, that's not necessarily simple.
- Toledo football coach will no longer lead team prayers Updated: Jun-12-15 4:56 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Toledo's football coach says he'll no longer lead pregame prayers with his team after the university received a complaint from an anti-religion group.
- AP Interview: Top imam sets new course after leaving mosque Updated: Jun-09-15 5:15 pm
DEARBORN HEIGHTS, Michigan - One of the nation's top Shiite Muslim leaders says a "clash of ideas" caused his departure from one of North America's largest mosques, and he's forging ahead with a new congregation and plans for a mosque, media channels and other projects to reach those inside and outside of his faith.