- The Latest: Pope ventures out again to greet faithful Updated: Feb-13-16 11:27 pm
MEXICO CITY - The latest on Pope Francis' visit to Mexico (all times local):
- Columbine shooter's mother says she thinks of victims daily Updated: Feb-13-16 8:36 pm
DENVER - The mother of Columbine High School shooter Dylan Klebold says she didn't know anything was wrong with her son before the 1999 attack, and she prayed for his death when she heard he was involved and that the rampage might still be underway.
- The Latest: Pope briefly emerges to speak with well-wishers Updated: Feb-12-16 11:21 pm
HAVANA - The latest on Pope Francis's historic meeting in Cuba with Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill and his subsequent trip to Mexico (all times local):
- Russian Orthodox Church allowed to return debt in prayers Updated: Feb-12-16 7:12 am
MOSCOW - A Russian regional court has ruled that an Orthodox Church diocese can repay part of an outstanding debt in prayers rather than money.
- 5 Things to Know about the pope's trip to Mexico Updated: Feb-11-16 11:31 am
VATICAN CITY - History's first Latin American pope travels to Mexico on Friday for a weeklong tour of some of the most violent, poverty-stricken and peripheral places in the Americas. He'll be bringing a message of hope and solidarity to victims of drug violence, trafficking and discrimination - a message the Vatican hopes will also resonate north of the border.
- Lawmaker offers secular prayer on House floor Updated: Feb-08-16 7:44 pm
PHOENIX - A Democratic lawmaker has offered a secular prayer on the House floor after Republican leadership turned down his request to offer a daily prayer during opening ceremonies.
- Chinese visit temples, fairs to ring in Year of the Monkey Updated: Feb-08-16 11:20 am
BEIJING - Chinese and others around Asia flocked to temples and fairs to pray for good health and fortune on Monday, the first day of the Lunar New Year.
- Council members want prayer issue to go to Phoenix voters Updated: Feb-04-16 2:42 pm
PHOENIX - Several Phoenix City Council members want voters to decide whether to replace a longstanding tradition of prayer before council meetings with a moment of silent prayer.
- Prayer breakfast: Obama says faith is 'great cure' for fear Updated: Feb-04-16 11:51 am
WASHINGTON - Delivering his last annual sermon to Washington's elite, President Barack Obama on Thursday warned of the corrosive impact of fear in public life and urged a bipartisan group of powerbrokers to abide by their faith "even when no one is watching."
- Phoenix council subs opening prayer for moment of silence Updated: Feb-03-16 11:28 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix City Council voted Wednesday to replace a longstanding tradition of prayer before meetings with a moment of silence prayer, preventing an address by a group with "Satan" in its name and averting a lawsuit over constitutional rights.
- Phoenix council to consider change in wake of prayer debate Updated: Feb-01-16 7:18 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix City Council is scheduled to consider a proposal that would change the way it schedules groups requesting to lead the opening prayer.
- What we know about Israel's decision on Western Wall prayers Updated: Feb-01-16 3:17 pm
The decision by Israel's government to allow non-Orthodox Jewish prayer at Jerusalem's Western Wall is being seen as a major breakthrough for the country's long-marginalized liberal believers. Here's what we know about the issue:
- New prayer site highlights divide between Israel, US Jews Updated: Feb-01-16 2:57 pm
JERUSALEM - The Israeli government's decision to allow non-Orthodox Jewish prayer at Jerusalem's Western Wall is a major breakthrough for the country's long-marginalized liberal streams and their powerful supporters in the United States.
- Court weighs practice of Christian prayers at meetings Updated: Jan-27-16 3:09 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court wrestled on Wednesday with whether local government leaders in North Carolina are violating the Constitution by holding exclusively Christian prayers at their meetings - the first time a court at that level has addressed the issue since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in a town government's favor in a similar case in 2014.
- Iowa church hosts prayer sessions ahead of caucuses Updated: Jan-27-16 12:22 pm
SHELDON, Iowa - An northwest Iowa church is opening its doors each night this week so people can gather and pray for the upcoming caucuses and the nation.
- Court to weigh practice of Christian prayers at meetings Updated: Jan-27-16 3:15 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal appeals court is poised to examine whether county commissioners in North Carolina should be allowed to open their meetings with Christian prayers.
- Pope prays for victims of attacks in Burkina Faso, Indonesia Updated: Jan-17-16 6:51 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis is praying for the victims of attacks by extremists in Burkina Faso and Indonesia.
- Club at Cumming school combines crafting with service Updated: Jan-16-16 9:01 am
CUMMING, Georgia - One student's empathy for the November terror attacks in Paris and Beirut sparked a service and prayer project that ended up including almost the entire student body at a south Forsyth private Catholic school.