- Spokesman says prayer at public school event was a mistake Updated: Nov-25-15 10:31 am
SABILLASVILLE, Maryland - A Frederick County Public Schools spokesman says a prayer said by a local Methodist minister at an elementary school assembly was a mistake.
- Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State Updated: Nov-25-15 6:15 am
KOMSOMOLSKOYE, Russia - Rashid Magomedov had had enough, his father said. The devout Muslim was detained several times by Russian security police, spent two months in jail on charges that later were dismissed, and complained that police repeatedly planted weapons at his home as a pretext to arrest him.
- Group wary of new mosque and any refugees in Gillette Updated: Nov-23-15 7:29 pm
GILLETTE, Wyoming - In the masjid, the room is quiet, a pair of ticking of clocks the only sound. Then, perhaps in protest, a truck rumbles loudly by, the driver revving his engine.
- Church of England fighting ban of 'Lord's Prayer' film spot Updated: Nov-22-15 12:20 pm
LONDON - The Church of England is threatening legal action over the rejection of a one-minute film featuring the Lord's Prayer that it wanted to run before showings of the new Star Wars film that opens shortly before Christmas.
- Law firm wants school association to suspend prayer ban Updated: Nov-07-15 2:01 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A non-profit law firm has asked the North Dakota State High School Activities Association to suspend its ban on prayer during a football playoff game at Fargo Shanley High School.
- Wisconsin convent says prayer has gone on nonstop since 1878 Updated: Nov-05-15 7:25 am
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Flooding, snowstorms, a flu outbreak, even a fire - any of those might have slowed a group of Wisconsin nuns who say none of it has kept their order from praying nonstop for hundreds of thousands of people over the last 137 years.
- Praying coach's suspension opens split on religion in school Updated: Oct-30-15 2:35 am
SEATTLE - A football field in Washington state has become more than a battleground for athletes as the suspension of an assistant coach for praying at midfield after games divided people around the country over the religious rights of school employees.
- The Latest: Praying coach, Satanists attend game Updated: Oct-30-15 2:03 am
BREMERTON, Washington - The latest on a Washington state high school football coach put on paid leave over on-field prayers (all times local):
- Praying football coach on paid leave attends game, prays Updated: Oct-30-15 1:47 am
BREMERTON, Washington - A Washington state high school football coach placed on leave because he refused to stop praying on the field attended his team's game and prayed in front of the bleachers.
- Faith leaders, police to hold prayer vigil on violence Updated: Oct-29-15 10:25 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Religious and law enforcement leaders are planning a prayer vigil about stopping violence between police and the community.
- Jewish activists step up activities at sensitive holy site Updated: Oct-28-15 1:26 pm
JERUSALEM - A new Israeli proclamation to uphold a ban on Jewish prayer at Jerusalem's most sensitive holy site should have dealt a sobering blow to the die-hard activists who have spent years fighting for the right to worship at the spot, which is sacred to Muslims as well as Jews. Instead, it has only emboldened them.