- New calls for Jewish prayer at Jerusalem holy site Updated: Dec-17-13 1:11 pm
- Prayers, support pour in for wounded Colo. student Updated: Dec-16-13 6:47 pm
- Seizure of nuns stokes Syrian Christian fears Updated: Dec-08-13 12:32 pm
- Judge refuses to block Greenville school prayers Updated: Dec-04-13 9:25 am
- Pope prays for 12 nuns abducted in Syria by rebels Updated: Dec-04-13 6:41 am
- Group accuses Kan. school of free speech violation Updated: Dec-02-13 6:19 pm
- Atheist group, Rankin schools settle prayer suit Updated: Nov-26-13 12:45 pm
- Philly's LDS site: No smoking, swearing, caffeine Updated: Nov-25-13 9:47 am
- Group sues over mid-Mo. school prayer sessions Updated: Nov-21-13 1:24 pm
JERUSALEM - For decades, the religious Jews who bucked a rabbinic ban and visited a contested holy site in Jerusalem where the ancient Jewish temple once stood were seen by many as a fanatic fringe.
CENTENNIAL, Colorado - Support and concern for a 17-year-old girl critically wounded by a fellow student at a suburban Denver high school poured in Monday, both online and outside the school.
DAMASCUS - Syrian Christians offered prayers Sunday for a group of more than a dozen nuns and orphanage workers held by rebels for nearly a week, fueling fears in the minority community that they are being targeted by extremists among the fighters seeking to oust President Bashar Assad.
ANDERSON, South Carolina - A federal judge has ruled that Greenville County Schools can continue to allow student-led prayer and hold school events in places of worship while a lawsuit over the issues continues.
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis called Wednesday for prayers for 12 Orthodox nuns who were taken by force from their convent in Syria by opposition fighters. Religious officials in the region have said the women were being held against their will, but a Syrian opposition activist said they were merely taken away for their own safety.
BONNER SPRINGS, Kansas - An Arizona group has filed a federal lawsuit accusing a suburban Kansas City middle school of violating a student's First Amendment rights by prohibiting the student from handing out fliers promoting a prayer event.
JACKSON, Mississippi - An atheist group and the Rankin County School District have settled a lawsuit over allegations that high school students were forced to attend religion-tinged on-campus programs.
PHILADELPHIA - It's been two years since ground was broken in Center City on a massive Mormon temple and visitors' center, and it might just be the most unique construction site the city's ever known.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A lawsuit filed by a secular organization seeks to prevent teacher-sponsored school prayer sessions at a mid-Missouri high school.