- French court convicts Salafi for disrupting mosque prayers Updated: May-27-15 9:52 am
PARIS - A mosque won an unusual court battle on Wednesday against an ultraconservative Salafist member of the congregation regarded as disruptive and, in an apparent first for Muslims, used France's 1905 law guaranteeing secularism to argue its case.
- Gov. Haley's upcoming appearance at prayer rally questioned Updated: May-23-15 5:38 pm
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has come under criticism for her plan to headline a massive Christian-themed prayer rally next month.
- Scottsville woman with cancer believes prayer saved her life Updated: May-16-15 2:36 pm
SCOTTSVILLE, Kentucky - Diane Johnson believes prayer healed her from stage IV throat cancer.
- Nun who kissed Elvis helps answer abbey's prayers Updated: May-16-15 11:46 am
- The Latest: Mississippi officers had a 'humble spirit' Updated: May-10-15 6:31 pm
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - 6:15 p.m.
- Warren to host National Day of Prayer program at City Hall Updated: May-07-15 5:41 am
WARREN, Michigan - The Detroit suburb of Warren is holding a National Day of Prayer at City Hall.
- Muted celebrations of Buddha's birthday in Nepal Updated: May-04-15 10:10 am
BIDUR, Nepal - Celebrations of Buddha's birthday in Nepal were muted on Monday, as the faithful turned their prayers to loved ones lost in the country's massive earthquake and worries that the tragedy might be the start of a much larger reckoning.
- Religious leaders plan prayers during Bikefest Updated: May-04-15 9:29 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Religious leaders on the Grand Strand will pray for the safety of those attending the Atlantic Beach Bikefest this month after violence marred the event last year.
- Nepal's devout see divine anger in quake's devastation Updated: May-02-15 3:17 am
PUJARI, Nepal - Some blame the corrupt politicians for bringing devastation to this Himalayan nation. Others fault Western tourists with tight T-shirts and loose morals. But among many of Nepal's most devoutly religious, the chaos and destruction wrought a week ago by a massive earthquake makes one thing clear: The gods are angry.