- Dalai Lama opens Senate session with prayer Updated: Mar-06-14 11:34 am
- Questions over "Jesus" prayer at Ohio city council Updated: Mar-06-14 6:20 am
- Israeli police enter holy site to disperse clash Updated: Feb-25-14 8:11 pm
- Iranian teacher builds robot to teach prayer Updated: Feb-25-14 1:42 pm
- Muslims seek refuge in C. African Republic church Updated: Feb-24-14 1:50 pm
- Broncos tight end speaking at Prayer Breakfast Updated: Feb-24-14 5:08 am
- Bills seek 10 Commandments, prayers in schools Updated: Feb-23-14 10:41 am
- Snowboarder narrowly escapes Powell-area avalanche Updated: Feb-13-14 12:41 pm
- Bill seeks to let Alabama teacher read prayers Updated: Feb-12-14 6:27 pm
- Obama: Religious freedom a US diplomatic priority Updated: Feb-06-14 10:59 am
WASHINGTON - And on Thursday, the Dalai Lama prayed in the U.S. Senate.
CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio - A chaplain's prayer invoking the name of Jesus to open council meetings in a northeast Ohio city is stirring debate over separation of church and state.
JERUSALEM - Israeli police stormed a sensitive Jerusalem holy site Tuesday to disperse a violent protest there, hours before the Israeli parliament debated a nationalist lawmaker's motion to extend control over it.
TEHRAN - An Iranian schoolteacher has innovated an amusing way of encouraging young children to say their daily prayers - robotics.
CARNOT, Central African Republic - The Christian militiamen know hundreds of Muslims are hiding here on the grounds of the Catholic church and now they're giving them a final ultimatum: Leave Central African Republic within a week or face death at the hands of machete-wielding youths.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers are proposing a multitude of school prayer and religious expression bills this session. Legislators say the bills are an effort to push efforts to squash all vestiges of religion from the public square. Opponents called the bills election-year pandering and said the proposals are either unnecessary or unconstitutional.
POWELL, Wyoming - Thoughts of an avalanche didn't even cross their minds when two Powell brothers decided to snowboard off Polecat Bench in the late afternoon on Saturday.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama lawmaker is seeking to let public school teachers begin each day by reading opening prayers that were given in Congress.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama told a non-denominational gathering of political leaders Thursday that freedom of religion across the world is important to national security and is a central tenet of U.S. diplomacy.