- Former Gibson County sheriff indicted on 113 charges Updated: Dec-01-15 1:11 pm
TRENTON, Tennessee - Former Gibson County Sheriff Chuck Arnold and 11 others have been indicted on theft, official misconduct and other charges following an investigation.
- Man accused of shooting burglary victim during argument Updated: Dec-01-15 12:58 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa police say they are searching for a 20-year-old man accused of shooting someone in the wrist during a confrontation over a burglary.
- Ohio high court overturns death sentence in beating death Updated: Dec-01-15 12:49 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A condemned killer's troubled childhood, which included learning the drug trade from his mother, outweigh the brutal nature of his crime, a divided Ohio Supreme Court ruled Tuesday in overturning the man's death sentence.
- Delaware State Police: armed man robs Stanton gas station Updated: Dec-01-15 12:24 pm
STANTON, Delaware - The Delaware State Police says it's investigating the armed robbery of a gas station in Stanton.
- Tool theft delays construction of Habitat for Humanity house Updated: Dec-01-15 11:57 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Construction on a Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity house for a family in need has been hampered by the theft of about $1,200 worth of tools from the job site.
- Former lottery worker sentenced for stealing instant tickets Updated: Dec-01-15 11:07 am
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - A former Ohio Lottery Commission employee has been sentenced to probation for stealing $115,000 in instant lottery tickets and cashing in winners.
- Clerk shot during robbery of 7-Eleven outside San Francisco Updated: Dec-01-15 10:45 am
ANTIOCH, California - Police are searching for a gunman after a store clerk was shot during a robbery at a 7-Eleven in a San Francisco Bay Area suburb.
- Officers pool money for shoes for kids in shoplifting case Updated: Dec-01-15 9:38 am
LUDINGTON, Michigan - Members of a western Michigan sheriff's department pooled their money to buy shoes for children caught up in a shoplifting case.
- Tampa fire captain to plead guilty to theft from charity Updated: Dec-01-15 9:28 am
TAMPA, Florida - A Tampa fire captain has agreed to plead guilty to federal charges for embezzling more than $187,000 from a children's charity that was founded by his father.
- Oklahoma State investigating report of on-campus robbery Updated: Dec-01-15 8:27 am
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State University is warning students of an armed robbery that was reported on campus.
- Abortionist Gosnell's son sentenced for 2014 burglary Updated: Dec-01-15 8:17 am
PHILADELPHIA - The son of a notorious Philadelphia abortion provider has been sentenced in a burglary that resulted in the younger man being shot last year.
- Police: Providence man stole car, led officers on chase Updated: Dec-01-15 8:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Police have arrested a 20-year-old Providence man they say led state and Cranston police on a chase in a stolen car that eventually crashed into a tree and burst into flames.
- Police: Man pours lighter fluid on gas station booth Updated: Dec-01-15 7:57 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police say a man poured lighter fluid on a secured employee booth at a Manchester gas station, threatening a worker that he would ignite it if she failed to give him cash.
- Jury selection to begin in aspiring teacher's Philly slaying Updated: Dec-01-15 7:48 am
PHILADELPHIA - Jury selection was set to begin for Philadelphia man charged with killing an aspiring teacher robbed of his iPod more than seven years ago.
- Bismarck waitress accused of stealing purse, credit cards Updated: Dec-01-15 7:17 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A waitress at Sidelines Sports Bar in Bismarck is accused of stealing a customer's purse and using credit cards inside for a $1,000 shopping spree.
- Teen suspected in Tuscaloosa rape, robbery turns self in Updated: Dec-01-15 6:49 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A 17-year-old suspect who police say abducted a young woman from outside a Tuscaloosa shopping mall before robbing and raping her has surrendered to authorities.
- Priest who stole money faces possible prison sentence Updated: Dec-01-15 5:37 am
DETROIT - Federal prosecutors are seeking a 37-month prison sentence for a Detroit-area Catholic priest who embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Guilty plea in home invasion death of comic book collector Updated: Dec-01-15 3:01 am
BUFFALO, New York - A former carnival worker has pleaded guilty to participating in a home invasion burglary that's blamed for the death of a comic book collector.
- Aurora police kill man who attacked officer, stole cruiser Updated: Nov-30-15 10:58 pm
AURORA, Colorado - Police shot and killed a man they say attacked an officer with a sharp object and led authorities on a chase during an early morning snowstorm in Aurora.
- Peoria police search for stolen bike of special-needs teen Updated: Nov-30-15 8:16 pm
PEORIA, Arizona - Police in Peoria are trying to locate an expensive tricycle that was stolen from the home of a special-needs teenager.
- 2nd arrest linked to theft of weapons from armory Updated: Nov-30-15 7:31 pm
BOSTON - A second arrest has been made in connection with the theft of weapons from a U.S. Army Reserve Center in Worcester.
- Hundreds pay respects to slain California police officer Updated: Nov-30-15 5:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Law enforcement officers from across the nation wiped away tears and saluted a flag-draped coffin Monday at the funeral for a Southern California police officer who was shot and killed outside his department's headquarters.
- Grinch steals Christmas trees meant for school fundraiser Updated: Nov-30-15 5:16 pm
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Waterbury Catholic school official says a thief stole nearly a dozen Christmas trees intended for a school fundraiser over the weekend.
- Police search for alleged kidnapper who robbed elderly woman Updated: Nov-30-15 5:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities are releasing images of a woman who they say kidnapped and robbed an elderly woman.
- Gastonia woman gets prison sentence on fraud charges Updated: Nov-30-15 5:03 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say a Gastonia woman has been sentenced to more than three years in prison for stealing nearly $600,000 from a Charlotte-based company that builds and repairs tennis courts and running tracks.