- Modern theft of vintage gun revives 1927 Sultan murder tale Updated: Feb-06-16 2:05 am
SULTAN, Washington - It was dark when the lone figure heaved a large rock through the glass front door of Sultan's Visitor Information Center.
- Police believe 6 found dead in Chicago home were targeted Updated: Feb-05-16 11:05 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago police said late Friday they believe six family members found dead in their southwest side home were killed in a "targeted incident," though they're still trying to determine a possible motive.
- Latest: Chicago police believe 6 found dead were targeted Updated: Feb-05-16 10:21 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on six people found dead in a house on Chicago's South Side (all times local):
- Couple wanted in crime spree led police on chase; 1 killed Updated: Feb-05-16 9:12 pm
MILTON, Florida - A weeklong search for a Missouri couple wanted in a series of robberies and abductions across the South ended with one suspect dead and the other wounded Friday, after authorities say they chased the pair across the highway and through a rural neighborhood and exchanged gunfire with them in Florida's Panhandle.
- California man convicted of robbing Craigslist customers Updated: Feb-05-16 8:43 pm
OAKLAND, California - A Northern California man has been convicted of participating in an elaborate jewelry robbery ring that used online ad service Craigslist to lure victims, prosecutors announced Friday.
- 2 charged with murder of bystander after robbery in Norman Updated: Feb-05-16 4:53 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - A 17-year-old and a 19-year-old have been charged with first-degree murder after police say they attempted to retaliate against people who stole marijuana from them.
- Suspect arrested in dragging of Lincoln police officer Updated: Feb-05-16 3:40 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A man has been arrested in the dragging of a Lincoln police officer.
- Man charged in church attack plot pleads guilty Updated: Feb-05-16 3:22 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia man charged with plotting to shoot up or bomb synagogues and black churches has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and firearms charges.
- Officials: Burglar takes chocolate from New Mexico school Updated: Feb-05-16 2:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Authorities say a thief broke into an Albuquerque elementary school and stole more than a dozen boxes of Student Council chocolate.
- 4 life sentences for man in Indianapolis quadruple killing Updated: Feb-05-16 1:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A man pleaded guilty Friday in four drug-related killings after agreeing to a plea deal that will spare him the death penalty in exchange for four consecutive life sentences without parole.
- Ex-prosecutor in Texas must repay $187K, head to jail Monday Updated: Feb-05-16 1:20 pm
FRANKLIN, Texas - A former Central Texas prosecutor accused of stealing from the estate of a woman who died in 2004 must repay nearly $187,000 and serve 30 days in jail.
- A timeline of crimes authorities blamed on Missouri couple Updated: Feb-05-16 12:46 pm
Law enforcement officers have linked Blake Fitzgerald and Brittany Nicole Harper to a spree of abductions and robberies in Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. A timeline of the crimes, from interviews with law enforcement by The Associated Press and its member news organizations and statements by local police and the U.S. Marshals Service:
- The Latest: Missouri suspects led police on chase Updated: Feb-05-16 11:46 am
MILTON, Florida - The Latest on Missouri couple suspected in a multistate crime spree. All times local:
- Police: Woman in custody after car chase in Burlington Updated: Feb-05-16 11:19 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Authorities say they took a woman into custody in a stolen vehicle after a series of hit-and-run crashes and a car chase in Burlington.
- Township supervisor faces charge related to real estate deal Updated: Feb-05-16 10:54 am
WYOMING, Michigan - A township supervisor in western Michigan has been charged with stealing more than $20,000 in a real estate case.
- Police: Facebook helped track down snake thief Updated: Feb-05-16 8:28 am
FESTUS, Missouri - A St. Louis-area man is accused of stealing a Brazilian rainbow boa constrictor from a pet store, then losing it inside a Lowe's home improvement store.
- Hundreds of gallons of gas stolen from FAA radar tower Updated: Feb-05-16 6:54 am
HARLAN, Kentucky - Authorities are investigating the theft of thousands of dollars of diesel fuel, including some believed to have been stolen from a Federal Aviation Administration radar tower in eastern Kentucky.
- Police: Man with knife shot by officers in Wyandotte County Updated: Feb-05-16 5:36 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Wyandotte County authorities say a suspect in a robbery with a large knife has been shot by police, resulting in injuries police described as life-threatening.
- Gulfport man who hid stolen guns gets prison, fine Updated: Feb-05-16 5:31 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 54-year-old Gulfport man who took some of the weapons stolen from a Saucier firearms dealer to a drop-off spot has been sentenced to prison for 21 months and fined $1,200.
- Suspected shoplifters fire BB gun at security guards Updated: Feb-04-16 8:49 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A fourth juvenile has been arrested in shoplifting incident that left two Anchorage security guards injured by a BB gun.
- Suspect caught in DC after accessing Twitter during break-in Updated: Feb-04-16 6:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington police have tracked down a man suspected of burglarizing businesses across the city after he logged into Twitter from one of his crime scenes.
- Man knocked down, robbed in Dover mobile home park Updated: Feb-04-16 5:02 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Dover Police are looking for three men who robbed another man at gunpoint.
- Man sentenced in Wal-Mart check scam targeting hundreds Updated: Feb-04-16 4:50 pm
PITTSBURGH - A man who cashed $300,000 worth of counterfeit checks using personal information stolen by peeking over the shoulders of hundreds of Wal-Mart customers was sentenced to prison Thursday.
- Exonerated Gary man readjusts to life outside of prison Updated: Feb-04-16 2:55 pm
GARY, Indiana - A 47-year-old Gary man is readjusting to life outside of prison after he spent nearly 24 years behind bars for robbery and murder convictions that were overturned on appeal.
- Court hearing reset in Las Vegas Strip fight-night slaying Updated: Feb-04-16 2:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - A preliminary hearing was reset to April 6 for a 23-year-old Nevada state prison inmate facing murder charges in a fight-night slaying last May on the Las Vegas Strip.