- Police seek man who robbed Las Vegas cab driver in May Updated: Jul-07-15 10:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police are seeking a man who robbed a Las Vegas cab driver on May 8.
- Land Management official sentenced in workplace fraud case Updated: Jul-07-15 10:47 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A federal judge sentenced a senior official in the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to six months in prison on Tuesday after he was convicted of covering up for a subordinate who kept drawing government pay after leaving the agency for a job in Montana.
- Man gets 15 years for role in shooting that paralyzed victim Updated: Jul-07-15 8:55 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Hamden man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for his role in a 2010 robbery shooting that left a man paralyzed.
- Former Labette County bank clerk pleads guilty to stealing Updated: Jul-07-15 3:29 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A former bank clerk in Labette County has pleaded guilty to a stealing from several accounts at the bank.
- Man who led ATM scheme that stole $5M sentenced to 10 years Updated: Jul-07-15 3:10 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Romanian native who led a scheme that used card-reading devices to lift bank information from ATMs and steal millions of dollars was sentenced to 10 years in prison Tuesday.
- Iowa prison removes inmates from unit where prisoner escaped Updated: Jul-07-15 2:44 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Prisoners have been removed from a lockdown unit where an Iowa inmate managed to escape his cell despite strict security protocols, a prison spokeswoman said Tuesday.
- 200 detonators, explosives stolen from French military site Updated: Jul-07-15 1:44 pm
PARIS - At least one thief sneaked into a French military munitions compound and made off with a stash of detonators, grenades and explosives, officials said Tuesday, stoking security concerns in a country reeling from recent attacks by extremists.
- Sheriff: Escaped Iowa inmate stole car that had keys inside Updated: Jul-07-15 11:44 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - After escaping from an Iowa prison, an inmate walked along railroad tracks for miles before stealing an unlocked car that had its keys inside.
- Man gets county jail for failing to deliver grave monuments Updated: Jul-07-15 11:29 am
PITTSBURGH - The former owner of a suburban Pittsburgh tombstone company will spend nearly 1 to 2 years in the county jail for failing to deliver more than $98,000 worth of grave monuments to 51 grieving families.
- Police seek help after nut theft, post mug shot of squirrel Updated: Jul-07-15 11:20 am
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police in suburban Detroit are having a little fun while asking for help from the public in figuring out who swiped roughly 28,000 pounds of packaged nuts.
- 2 teens charged with robbing 82-year-old shoe repairman Updated: Jul-07-15 10:29 am
NEW KENSINGTON, Pennsylvania - Two teens have been charged with robbing an 82-year-old cobbler who has decided to retire as a result from the western Pennsylvania business he started in 1949.
- Arizona woman gets probation for stealing from Aspen stores Updated: Jul-07-15 8:38 am
ASPEN, Colorado - An Arizona woman is spending a year on probation for stealing $3,000 in clothes and shoes from downtown Aspen shops.
- Man gets 4 to 10 years in bank robbery Updated: Jul-07-15 8:13 am
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - A man has been sentenced to four to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to assault, robbery and grand larceny in connection with a bank robbery last year.
- 3 Louisiana residents face several hundred theft charges Updated: Jul-07-15 7:22 am
MORGAN CITY, Louisiana - St. Mary Parish prosecutors have charged three south Louisiana residents with hundreds of counts of theft, racketeering and money laundering that allegedly netted them $1 million to $2 million in cash over 14 years.
- NYPD: 2 use pepper spray in robbery attempt in Brooklyn Updated: Jul-07-15 6:16 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD is looking for a pair of suspects who pepper-sprayed a Brooklyn resident after knocking on his apartment door and attempting to rob him.
- Man admits to stealing car, fleeing cops before he was shot Updated: Jul-07-15 4:43 am
KINGSTON, New York - An upstate New York man who was shot by an Ulster County sheriff's deputy following a high-speed chase last year has admitted to stealing a car.
- Ex-worker accused of stealing from Va. health practice Updated: Jul-07-15 3:13 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former billing specialist for a women's health practice in Virginia has been charged with stealing more than $800,000 from the business.
- Upstate New York man found guilty of stealing house Updated: Jul-07-15 3:09 am
ALBANY, New York - A 44-year-old upstate New York man has been found guilty of stealing a home.
- Police: No suspect in disguised man's $75,000 Wal-Mart theft Updated: Jul-06-15 8:49 pm
BRISTOW, Oklahoma - Investigators were working Monday to identify a man who took more than $75,000 from an Oklahoma Wal-Mart after disguising himself as an armored truck driver.
- Oklahoma City officer fatally shoots armed robbery suspect Updated: Jul-06-15 7:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma City police say an officer has fatally shot a man who threatened him with a handgun.
- Former Harrison County prosecutor sentenced for stealing Updated: Jul-06-15 5:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A lawyer elected last year as a northwest Missouri county prosecutor faces more than three years in prison for stealing about $540,000 from an elderly client.
- Man arrested in sexual assault of 73-year-old woman Updated: Jul-06-15 5:20 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Bloomington police say an arrest has been made in connection with the sexual assault of a 73-year-old woman during a home invasion last month.
- 4 sentenced in home invasion that led to death of girl, 10 Updated: Jul-06-15 5:05 pm
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Four men charged in a home invasion robbery attempt that led to the shooting death of a 10-year-old girl in western Pennsylvania last year have been sentenced to prison.
- 2 men charged with killing NYC escort at Massachusetts hotel Updated: Jul-06-15 5:02 pm
WOBURN, Massachusetts - Two Massachusetts men pleaded not guilty Monday in the shooting death of a female escort from New York City who prosecutors say was killed during a robbery attempt.
- Teens arrested in theft of restaurant's sweet tea dispenser Updated: Jul-06-15 4:53 pm
CUMMING, Georgia - Forsyth County sheriff's officials say two teens have been arrested after stealing a restaurant's sweet tea dispenser and posting video of the theft to social media.