- Family of late black golf great accused of $1 million theft Updated: Jul-28-15 5:22 pm
CLEVELAND - Authorities say the son and ex-daughter-in-law of late black golfing pioneer Charlie Sifford have been indicted on charges related to the theft of more than $1 million from him.
- Police: Man answering Craigslist ad shot seller, stole car Updated: Jul-28-15 4:02 pm
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A south-central Idaho man responding to a Craigslist ad offering a car for sale shot and killed one man and wounded another with an assault weapon before stealing the car, authorities said.
- Fugitive's role in horror film leads to his arrest Updated: Jul-28-15 3:34 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A fugitive has been arrested after federal agents saw his photo in a Washington state newspaper that ran a story about a low-budget horror movie.
- Duke police search for suspects in robbery near campus Updated: Jul-28-15 3:13 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke University police are distributing sketches of two men they're seeking in connection with a robbery near the campus and who have been linked to two similar incidents in Chapel Hill and on the UNC campus.
- Cops: 2-state chase began over warrant for stolen underwear Updated: Jul-28-15 2:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a man who led officers on a wild two-hour chase spanning two states had been facing charges of stealing $21 worth of underwear from a supermarket.
- Ohio ex-lawmaker considering options after theft conviction Updated: Jul-28-15 1:52 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A former northern Ohio lawmaker who was convicted of theft and consequently removed from office immediately says he's disappointed in the verdict and will consider his legal options.
- 3 accused of bid to steal trailer loaded with toilet paper Updated: Jul-28-15 12:43 pm
SIKESTON, Missouri - Authorities say three Memphis men are accused of trying to steal a semi trailer loaded with toilet paper valued at $70,000.
- Police: pastor shoots burglary suspect at church in Baytown Updated: Jul-28-15 12:40 pm
BAYTOWN, Texas - Police say a pastor sleeping in his office at a Houston-area church awoke to confront a burglary suspect and then shot the man.
- Longtime Oklahoma rancher found shot to death in his home Updated: Jul-28-15 9:34 am
KEYS, Oklahoma - Cherokee County authorities say a longtime rancher has been found shot to death at his home in Keys.
- TBI: Former Crockett County school official indicted Updated: Jul-28-15 7:35 am
JACKSON, Tennessee - The former technology director of Crockett County Schools has been indicted on charges including theft and official misconduct within the school system.
- Man fined for failing to report theft of 46 firearms Updated: Jul-28-15 7:31 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A South Mississippi man has been fined $2,500 for failing to report to police that friends and relatives were involved in the theft and sale of 46 firearms stolen from a gun dealer's home.
- Man charged in 6-month shoplifting spree on Long Island Updated: Jul-28-15 7:07 am
MINEOLA, New York - A man has been charged in connection with a six-month shoplifting spree that targeted Long Island drug stores and supermarkets.
- Man pleads guilty to killing Colonial Heights couple in 2011 Updated: Jul-28-15 6:47 am
COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Virginia - A November sentencing is set for a man who pleaded guilty to killing a Colonial Heights couple in 2011.
- Union raffling gun to benefit officer who shot unarmed man Updated: Jul-28-15 6:26 am
CLEVELAND - Cleveland's police union is raffling off a pistol and other items to benefit an officer who has been on restricted duty since he fatally shot an unarmed burglary suspect in March.
- Suspect in Mississippi bank robbery arrested in Texas Updated: Jul-28-15 5:34 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Mississippi authorities say a suspect in the robbery Saturday of Hancock Bank has been picked up in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Police: Teen took mother's car on joyride, crashed 3 times Updated: Jul-28-15 4:46 am
TORRINGTON, Connecticut - Police say a teen was arrested after he stole his mother's SUV, took it for a joyride and crashed it three times in Connecticut.
- Ex-Va. postal carrier pleads guilty to mail theft Updated: Jul-28-15 3:08 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former postal carrier in Virginia Beach has pleaded guilty to stealing mail.
- Ex-LAPD detective held without bail on bank robbery charges Updated: Jul-27-15 7:37 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A retired Los Angeles police detective suspected of robbing five banks has been ordered held without bail.
- Alleged accomplice in Albuquerque motel shooting indicted Updated: Jul-27-15 6:46 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man suspected of being an accomplice to the would-be robber who was shot and killed by a former CNN staffer at an Albuquerque motel has been indicted.
- Ohio lawmaker convicted of theft, immediately out of office Updated: Jul-27-15 5:08 pm
PORT CLINTON, Ohio - A northern Ohio lawmaker accused of stealing antiques and other items from a home while doing work as an auctioneer has been convicted on a felony theft charge and immediately removed from office under state law.
- Detroit police arrest 2 in gang rape of woman, robbery Updated: Jul-27-15 4:35 pm
DETROIT - Two teens are being held in one of two gang rapes that occurred within hours of one another on Detroit's west side.
- Police: Gas station worker dragged, run over during robbery Updated: Jul-27-15 3:46 pm
CLIFTON, New Jersey - Authorities say two would-be robbers dragged a gas station attendant and pinned him under their getaway car.
- Man gets jail term for armed robbery at electronics store Updated: Jul-27-15 3:38 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New York City man is headed to prison for his role in an armed robbery at a New Jersey electronics store in which five victims were tied up.
- Keystone Markers fall victim to time, theft, or accidents Updated: Jul-27-15 2:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - The answer to the question, "What's in a name?" sometimes can be found forged in metal along area roads.
- Hearing held for 4 charged in gun store owner death Updated: Jul-27-15 1:13 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - One of four men suspected in the killing of a suburban Kansas City gun store owner during a botched robbery attempt indicated Monday that he would plead guilty.