- Police arrest 18-year-olds in shooting death in Vegas home Updated: Sep-02-15 8:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say they have arrested three 18-year-old men in connection with the shooting death of a man found Monday night in his northwest Las Vegas valley home.
- Man charged in connection with OJ Simpson Heisman theft Updated: Sep-02-15 7:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - A man arrested in connection with the theft of a copy of O.J. Simpson's Heisman Trophy more than 20 years ago from the University of Southern California pleaded not guilty Wednesday to receiving stolen property.
- Man accused in North Carolina crime spree arrested in NYC Updated: Sep-02-15 7:33 pm
NEW YORK - A man who police say killed a pawn shop owner and raped a teenage girl during a "one-man crime spree" in North Carolina has been arrested in New York City after officers found him with the two loaded guns in a stolen car they tracked across two boroughs, Police Commissioner William Bratton said Wednesday.
- FBI: Defendant in California kidnapping blamed vaccine Updated: Sep-02-15 6:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The man charged in a California kidnapping that police initially dismissed as a hoax said he acted alone, and that mental illness and a side effect from a vaccine contributed to his behavior, the FBI said in a court filing.
- Man charged with robbing same restaurant twice in 5 weeks Updated: Sep-02-15 6:44 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police have arrested a man they say robbed the same Wilmington restaurant twice in five weeks.
- Assistant convicted of stealing millions from ex-NBA star Updated: Sep-02-15 6:27 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A federal jury has convicted a former personal assistant of Gilbert Arenas of stealing more than $2 million from the former NBA basketball player.
- Caregiver accused of stealing $88,500-plus from dying man Updated: Sep-02-15 6:19 pm
MEDIA, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors have charged a Philadelphia-area woman with stealing more than $88,500 from a terminally ill man after being hired to care for him.
- Woman gets life sentence for fatal robbery Updated: Sep-02-15 6:18 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - A Pensacola woman has been sentenced to life in prison for a robbery that left a convenience store owner dead.
- Feds confirm probe of $15M theft from Matthews International Updated: Sep-02-15 3:10 pm
PITTSBURGH - Federal prosecutors in Pittsburgh have confirmed they're investigating roughly $14.8 million stolen from a city firm that makes memorials, cremation urns and other burial products.
- AP Interview: Rescuer says world must protect antiquities Updated: Sep-02-15 2:59 pm
JERUSALEM - A reserve colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps who led an international hunt for looted antiquities from Iraq a decade ago said Wednesday that the West needs to deploy forces to protect Mideast archaeological sites from extremists like the Islamic State group.
- Woman chases robber who stole her purse Updated: Sep-02-15 2:44 pm
CLAYMONT, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a 69-year-old woman chased a man who had stolen her purse in Claymont.
- Former pioneer museum director found guilty of theft Updated: Sep-02-15 1:10 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - A jury has found a former Fremont County Pioneer Museum director guilty of stealing from the institution she oversaw.
- Police chief: Robber's gun disabled by 'the grace of God' Updated: Sep-02-15 12:39 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Bluefield Police Chief Dennis Dillow says he disabled a banker robber's rifle during a gunfight by "the grace of God."
- iPhone stops bullet during armed robbery near Fresno State Updated: Sep-02-15 12:31 pm
FRESNO, California - An iPhone in the pocket of a Central California college student blocked a bullet during an armed robbery near Fresno State.
- Tired of thefts, man buys gun and shoots burglar hours later Updated: Sep-02-15 12:29 pm
ROCKLAND, Maine - After five burglaries in six years, a retired Maine lobsterman bought a gun to defend himself and ended up shooting an intruder hours later.
- Man uses Katana sword to stop teen burglar in home Updated: Sep-02-15 12:04 pm
SAN TAN VALLEY, Arizona - Authorities say a homeowner used a sword to fend off two teens that had broken into his San Tan Valley home.
- Computer tracking feature leads Gary police to stolen truck Updated: Sep-02-15 11:14 am
GARY, Indiana - Police say they were able to track down a northwest Indiana woman suspected of stealing a pickup truck after the owner activated a tracking feature on a laptop inside of the vehicle.
- Man charged in slaying pleads not guilty, held without bail Updated: Sep-02-15 11:14 am
NEW BEDFORD, Massachusetts - A New Bedford man has been held without bail after pleading not guilty to a fatal shooting in the city last month.
- Bishop's ex-assistant charged with Lutheran synod thefts Updated: Sep-02-15 11:01 am
FRANKLIN, Pennsylvania - A former bishop's assistant has been charged with stealing more than $100,000 from the northwestern Pennsylvania synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- Burglars bars trapped woman, 2 kids killed in Tampa fire Updated: Sep-02-15 9:44 am
TAMPA, Florida - Authorities say an overloaded power strip likely caused a fire that killed a 61-year-old Tampa woman and two of her grandchildren.
- Police: PA woman created fundraising page and kept money Updated: Sep-02-15 6:53 am
EAST NORRITON, Pennsylvania - Police have accused a suburban Philadelphia woman of creating an online fundraising page for a friend's husband with pancreatic cancer and keeping the money herself.
- Mitchell police investigating reported robbery of store Updated: Sep-02-15 6:50 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Mitchell police are searching for a woman who reportedly robbed a gas station and liquor store of more than $500 in cash.
- Jury finds Binghamton man guilty in 2013 robbery, murder Updated: Sep-02-15 5:59 am
BINGHAMTON, New York - A 42-year-old man has been convicted in the June 2013 robbery and murder of an alleged Binghamton drug dealer.
- Police: 4 teens arrested after chase in stolen pickup Updated: Sep-02-15 5:59 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police have arrested four teenage boys after a pickup was stolen and authorities were led on a chase.
- Hair on windowsill leads to arrest of burglary suspect Updated: Sep-02-15 5:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Two stray hairs left on the exterior window ledge of a Portland home have led to the arrest of a man in connection to a burglary in June 2014.