- Device to protect honeybee hives Updated: Nov-30-13 12:05 pm
- USU researchers find new spider species in Utah Updated: Nov-27-13 3:20 pm
- Conservancy buys Lake Mich. bird stopover island Updated: Nov-27-13 12:59 pm
- NH scientists ask citizen help to ID deadly beetle Updated: Nov-27-13 4:34 am
- Crickets and worms on bug museum Thanksgiving menu Updated: Nov-27-13 3:46 am
- 'Sound of Music' airtime nears! Anybody nervous? Updated: Nov-26-13 11:04 am
- Mich. family finds black widow spider in grape bag Updated: Nov-26-13 8:31 am
- ND wants more time to comment on butterflies Updated: Nov-24-13 1:02 pm
- Oregon restricts pesticides in bee die-offs Updated: Nov-22-13 9:43 am
- UNL expert to discuss climate change and insects Updated: Nov-18-13 5:05 am
- Day cares could face fines if pest forms not filed Updated: Nov-16-13 4:06 am
- Registered beekeepers on the rise in Illinois Updated: Nov-13-13 6:34 am
- Tree quarantine set in Boulder to stop beetle Updated: Nov-12-13 11:11 pm
- Feds to discuss rescue for endangered butterflies Updated: Nov-11-13 4:07 am
- Insect pest at Flight 93 site linked to climate Updated: Nov-10-13 9:37 am
- UI, MSU to research using dead trees as biofuels Updated: Nov-09-13 4:17 pm
- Black widow found in grapes at Wauwatosa Aldi Updated: Nov-09-13 2:53 pm
- Q&A: More lenient lice policies bug some parents Updated: Nov-08-13 5:57 pm
- Mead appoints panel to examine Wyo. forest health Updated: Nov-06-13 7:38 pm
- Flight 93 national park battling invasive pest Updated: Nov-06-13 1:14 pm
- Fishermen say Medford sewage hurts Rogue catch Updated: Nov-04-13 5:24 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - There is worldwide concern about the decline in populations of honeybees that not only provide honey but pollination for many crops. Insects are responsible for pollinating about a third of the world's crops, and honeybees do about 80 percent of that.
LOGAN, Utah - Two Utah State University alumni are credited with discovering a new species of spider that is apparently unique to Cache County.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The Nature Conservancy said Wednesday it has bought most of an uninhabited Lake Michigan island that provides crucial stopover habitat for migratory birds, assuring it will remain permanently undeveloped and protected.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - Scientists in the northeast are asking hikers, hunters and others to watch for telltale signs of a beetle that has killed millions of ash trees.
NEW ORLEANS - A unique - or rather "eww-nique" - Thanksgiving feast is being served up in the Audubon Insectarium's "Bug Appetit" kitchen in New Orleans.
NEW YORK - How do you solve a problem like preparing a classic Broadway musical for live TV?
CHATHAM, Michigan - A Michigan family found a black widow spider inside a bag of grapes bought at a Wal-Mart store.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota officials want a 30-day extension to comment on a proposal to list two Upper Midwest butterfly species as threatened and endangered.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Agriculture is restricting the use of two pesticides implicated in bee die-offs this summer in Wilsonville and Hillsboro.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A professor in the University of Nebraska-Lincoln School of Natural Resources will discuss climate change an insects during a lecture in Lincoln.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois health officials say more than 200 day care centers and schools could face fines for failing to comply with pest management regulations.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The number of registered beekeepers in Illinois is on the rise.
BOULDER, Colorado - Officials battling the spread of a destructive beetle in Boulder County have quarantined firewood and ash.
HOLLY, Michigan - Federal officials are hosting a public meeting in Oakland County this week to discuss placing two butterfly species on the endangered list.
PITTSBURGH - The grove of hemlock trees around where United Flight 93 crashed on Sept. 11 is being attacked by an insect that wasn't there 20 years ago, and some scientists say it's an example of how climate change combines with other factors to cause environmental damage.
MOSCOW, Idaho - Researchers at the University of Idaho and universities in Montana are teaming up to study ways to turn trees killed in recent years by beetles into a viable renewable energy source.
MILWAUKEE - Aldi Supermarkets has pulled all grapes from its Milwaukee area stores after a shopper found a venomous black widow spider in one container.
WASHINGTON - Some schools are letting kids with live lice in their hair back in the classroom, a less restrictive policy that has parents scratching their heads.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead has named a diverse panel representing the timber products industry, government and environmentalists to examine how to improve the health of Wyoming's forests and report back with recommendations by next fall.
SHANKSVILLE, Pennsylvania - An invasive insect is attacking the hemlock grove where United Flight 93 crashed on Sept. 11, 2001, but officials hope a treatment plan will save the trees.
WHITE CITY, Oregon - John MacDiarmid paws through mats of aquatic plants to pick a slimy rock out of the Rogue River, knowing he won't find a stonefly nymph or other underwater insect beneath it.