- Dalai Lama visits Minnesota Updated: Mar-02-14 5:36 pm
- Ignoring China's protest, Obama hosts Dalai Lama Updated: Feb-21-14 10:37 pm
- White House bars media from Dalai Lama meeting Updated: Feb-21-14 7:55 pm
- Dalai Lama appears at right-wing US think tank Updated: Feb-20-14 8:05 pm
- Cambodia recovers stolen Buddhist relics Updated: Feb-07-14 3:55 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Dalai Lama has observed Tibetan New Year celebrations outside India for the first time since going into exile more than 50 years ago.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama granted an audience to Tibet's Dalai Lama on Friday over the strong objections from China that the U.S. was meddling it its affairs. The White House took pains to ensure the meeting was not portrayed as a conference of two heads of state.
WASHINGTON - The White House defended its decision Friday to bar reporters and photojournalists from a meeting between President Barack Obama and the Dalai Lama, while acknowledging the news media's legitimate interest in covering the two leaders' encounter.
WASHINGTON - Smiling and in saffron robes, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Thursday brought a message of compassion and care for humanity to the free market mavens of a right-leaning Washington think tank.
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodian police have recovered a precious golden urn stolen last year that contains what are considered to be remnants of Buddha's body, an official said Friday.