- Q&A on origins of Rohingya conflict and why it persists Updated: May-22-15 5:50 am
YANGON, Myanmar - Many of the thousands of migrants abandoned at sea in Southeast Asia this month are Rohingya Muslims who fled their home country of Myanmar. Here are facts about the history and persecution of the ethnic and religious minority:
- China denying passports to restrict critics, minorities Updated: May-20-15 4:50 am
BEIJING - Hand your passport to police or it will be canceled, read the notice to all 4.4 million residents of far-northwestern China's Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture.
- India's Modi meets Xi on China visit amid warming ties Updated: May-14-15 7:04 am
XI'AN, China - President Xi Jinping praised China's warming ties with India during a meeting Thursday between the leaders of Asia's rising powers and rivals, which included a rare touch of personal diplomacy for a Chinese leader.
- China, India have many rivalries, some areas of cooperation Updated: May-14-15 2:25 am
BEIJING - India's prime minister is visiting China this week to build friendship between the two Asian giants despite a long history of disputes and rivalries, along with some areas of cooperation, especially in the economic sphere.
- Muted celebrations of Buddha's birthday in Nepal Updated: May-04-15 10:10 am
BIDUR, Nepal - Celebrations of Buddha's birthday in Nepal were muted on Monday, as the faithful turned their prayers to loved ones lost in the country's massive earthquake and worries that the tragedy might be the start of a much larger reckoning.
- Damaged by deadly quake, fate of Nepal heritage unsure Updated: May-03-15 12:14 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Perched on a hilltop, the blue-rimmed eyes of Kathmandu's gold-spired Swayambhunath stupa have long stared silently across this sprawling city nestled in the Himalayan foothills.