- Neb. lawmakers to act on some income tax measures Updated: Mar-09-14 6:15 am
- Police probe vandalism at senior center garden Updated: Mar-08-14 3:56 pm
- Quilters take on a special cause Updated: Mar-08-14 12:04 pm
- Woman convicted of stealing grandmother's money Updated: Mar-07-14 7:55 pm
- Woman doubted man was threat before Ga. shooting Updated: Mar-07-14 7:47 pm
- Drug firms settle with Montana for $5.9M Updated: Mar-06-14 7:08 pm
- Neb. lawmakers vote to expand homestead exemption Updated: Mar-06-14 12:40 pm
- 1 dead in Gardner apartment fire Updated: Mar-05-14 8:17 am
- 7 Ohioans charged with scamming elderly residents Updated: Mar-04-14 7:11 pm
- Philadelphia mayor strikes deal to sell utility Updated: Mar-03-14 2:43 pm
- Big or small, spending-cut efforts hit roadblocks Updated: Mar-03-14 3:54 am
- Analysis: Jindal uses trust funds to patch budget Updated: Mar-02-14 5:25 pm
- 2 NY men, 72, charged with stealing copper wire Updated: Feb-27-14 9:10 am
- Praeger urges defeat of health care compact bill Updated: Feb-26-14 4:25 pm
- New inmate work program helps feed community Updated: Feb-26-14 4:47 am
- Bar association releases handbook for seniors Updated: Feb-26-14 3:34 am
- SD House rejects $1 fishing license for elderly Updated: Feb-25-14 9:26 pm
- Neb. bill would try to increase elderly at home Updated: Feb-25-14 7:05 pm
- 60 evacuated from Hoquiam senior housing building Updated: Feb-25-14 11:11 am
- Ala. bill would let seniors opt out of jury duty Updated: Feb-23-14 3:02 pm
- Air quality advisory for North Pole this weekend Updated: Feb-22-14 4:34 pm
- Pawtucket need volunteer snow helpers for seniors Updated: Feb-22-14 2:10 pm
- Early House race tests Obamacare as election issue Updated: Feb-22-14 10:17 am
- Fire kills 2 elderly people in Philadelphia Updated: Feb-22-14 9:46 am
- Cuts may be in store for Medicare Advantage plans Updated: Feb-21-14 6:56 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers are poised to act this session on income tax cuts for seniors and veterans.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Police in Birmingham are investigating vandalism at a vegetable garden tended by older adults.
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - "He's Sew Fine" by the Chiffons?
STILLWATER, Minnesota - A Minnesota woman has been convicted of bilking her grandmother out of more than $150,000 after allegedly taking the 73-year-old woman's checkbook from her purse.
ATLANTA - The girlfriend of the man who mistakenly shot and killed a disoriented Alzheimer's patient in North Georgia warned her boyfriend that the stranger appeared to be an old man and did not perceive him as a threat, the woman told investigators.
HELENA, Montana - Subsidiaries of Johnson & Johnson have agreed to pay $5.9 million to settle a lawsuit with Montana over how an anti-psychotic drug was marketed, state Attorney General Tim Fox said Thursday.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposed expansion of Nebraska's homestead exemption program has won first-round approval from lawmakers.
GARDNER, Massachusetts - Officials have confirmed that one person died in an overnight fire at a Gardner apartment complex for the elderly and disabled.
CIRCLEVILLE, Ohio - Attorney General Mike DeWine says seven Ohioans are charged in a scam that targeted senior citizens and allegedly involved someone impersonating DeWine.
PHILADELPHIA - The city's distressed pension fund would get an injection of $424 million under a proposal for UIL Holdings Corp. to buy the city-owned gas utility for $1.86 billion, the mayor announced Monday.
WASHINGTON - The budget gurus in Congress have failed for years to find a grand bargain to reduce the government's long-term debt, so this year they decided to go small. Just 1 percentage point would be shaved from the annual cost-of-living increase in military pensions for veterans under age 62.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - In his struggles to patch together the state's operating budget, Gov. Bobby Jindal has raided funds that weren't necessarily planned for budget-balancing.
BATAVIA, New York - State police say they've charged two 72-year-old men with stealing copper cable from three western New York towns during thefts that began in 2011.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger says a state House bill aimed at allowing Kansas to opt out of the federal health care overhaul could jeopardize Medicare funding for seniors.
GULFPORT, Mississippi - The smell of hamburgers sizzling on a flat top wafted through the air recently at the Isiah Fredericks Senior Center as a room full of people sat down to lunch.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Bar Association has released a handbook to help the state's senior citizens better understand things like federal and state benefits and new health care laws.
PIERRE, South Dakota - Amid laughter and good-natured jokes, lawmakers narrowly rejected a plan Tuesday that would have provided $1 fishing licenses to people over 85 years old.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers considered a bill Tuesday that calls for using state and federal money to improve programs designed to help elderly people keep living in their homes rather than move to care centers.
HOQUIAM, Washington - More than 60 residents have been evacuated from a low-income senior housing apartment building in Hoquiam because of hazardous levels of bacteria.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state lawmaker has proposed legislation to allow people older than 70 to withdraw from jury pools.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Fairbanks North Star Borough warns that the air quality in North Pole this weekend is expected to be unhealthy for sensitive groups.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Pawtucket officials are asking more youths to volunteer to shovel out seniors during this stormy winter.
CLEARWATER, Florida - The candidates are Alex Sink, Democrat, and David Jolly, Republican, but Obamacare is on the ballot in a big way in a competitive House race in Florida that offers a preview of the nationwide campaign for Congress this fall.
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities in Philadelphia say a space heater may have caused a house fire that killed two elderly people.
WASHINGTON - Cuts are on the table next year for Medicare Advantage plans, the Obama administration said Friday. The politically dicey move affecting a private insurance alternative highly popular with seniors immediately touched off an election-year fight.