- Israel tells Jordan it is acting responsibly at major shrine Updated: Apr-25-16 1:07 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan has urged Israel to keep Israeli "settlers" from a Muslim-run shrine that also ranks as Judaism's holiest site.
- Jewish women pray at Jerusalem holy site, angering rabbi Updated: Apr-24-16 8:36 am
JERUSALEM - A liberal women's group held a special Passover prayer service on Sunday at a Jerusalem holy site, drawing criticism from the site's ultra-Orthodox rabbi, who called it a "provocation."
- Rabbi sues Manischewitz, saying it let kosher standards slip Updated: Apr-21-16 6:20 pm
NEW YORK - A rabbi is accusing kosher foods giant Manischewitz of pushing him out as their longtime inspector of holiday matzos after he complained that the company wasn't sticking to strict Jewish religious practices.
- Catholic Pole unmasked as impostor in Jewish community Updated: Apr-21-16 11:20 am
WARSAW, Poland - A Jewish leader in Poland said Thursday that her community was deceived by a Polish Catholic man who pretended to be an Orthodox Jew, wearing a beard and payots - curly sideburns in front of the ears - and leading prayers in Hebrew.
- Jewish family makes claims to prized Passover manuscript Updated: Apr-21-16 9:28 am
JERUSALEM - The grandchildren of one of the earliest Jewish victims of the Nazis are laying claim to a jewel of Israel's top museum: the world's oldest illustrated Passover manuscript.
- Florida official, 42, gets belated bar mitzvah in Jerusalem Updated: Apr-20-16 5:54 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - It took 29 years, but Florida Lt. Gov. Carlos Lopez-Cantera finally had a bar mitzvah.
- Passover vacation niche grows to dozens of destinations Updated: Apr-19-16 7:55 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Most Jews around the world say the traditional "Next year in Jerusalem" at the end of the annual Passover Seder feast. Last year, St. Louis native David Benkof said to himself, "Next year in Disney World."
- Yemeni rebels hold Jew over smuggling out old Torah scroll Updated: Apr-19-16 8:55 am
SANAA, Yemen - Yemeni security officials say a member of the country's Jewish minority has been detained over allegations he helped smuggle an 800-year-old scroll to Israel.
- Jerusalem gay pride parade attacker convicted of murder Updated: Apr-19-16 8:06 am
JERUSALEM - A Jerusalem court on Tuesday convicted an ultra-Orthodox Israeli Jew of murder for fatally stabbing a teenage girl at a gay pride parade last year.
- Hungary buries remains of Holocaust victims found in Danube Updated: Apr-15-16 12:59 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Human remains found in 2011, including many believed to be of Jews shot on the banks of the Danube River near the end of World War II, were buried Friday in a Jewish cemetery in Budapest.
- Gay, lesbian business group withdraws invite to Gov. Baker Updated: Apr-08-16 4:13 pm
BOSTON - A gay business group has withdrawn an invitation to Republican Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, citing his decision to speak at a weekend event featuring conservative leaders and a Texas minister who has said God sent Adolf Hitler for the Jews.
- Feds query police as part of probe into free trips, meals Updated: Apr-06-16 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Federal investigators have questioned nearly two dozen police officials as part of a probe into whether officers took free trips, meals and other perks from members of Brooklyn's Orthodox Jewish communities, two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the case said Wednesday.
- Fire destroys synagogue in Hudson Valley Hasidic community Updated: Mar-31-16 4:48 pm
KIRYAS JOEL, New York - Fire has destroyed a building that housed a synagogue and two families in a Hasidic community in the Hudson Valley.