- West Valley police reviewing all criminal cases Updated: Dec-11-13 4:59 pm
- Arizona detective resigns over resident status Updated: Dec-11-13 3:52 pm
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city Updated: Dec-11-13 3:52 pm
- Wounded Indianapolis officer sues over gun sale Updated: Dec-11-13 2:26 pm
- Court: Kan. death sentence shouldn't be thrown out Updated: Dec-11-13 2:02 pm
- Sheriff: Deputy who shot teen followed procedure Updated: Dec-11-13 1:08 pm
- Wilmington officer cleared in police dog biting Updated: Dec-11-13 12:41 pm
- Sheriff Byrd to submit resignation Updated: Dec-11-13 11:56 am
- China Grove disbands 3-person police department Updated: Dec-11-13 9:04 am
- Flag honor set for fallen NM sheriff's sergeant Updated: Dec-11-13 8:56 am
- Gulf nations to create joint military command Updated: Dec-11-13 8:32 am
- Officers shoot suspect at Manhattan hotel Updated: Dec-11-13 7:41 am
- Cleveland police shoot burglary suspect Updated: Dec-11-13 6:10 am
- Protests over return of deputy who shot teen Updated: Dec-11-13 1:02 am
- Trooper-death suspect wife sentenced as accessory Updated: Dec-10-13 9:11 pm
- Los Angeles to settle officers' lawsuits for $6M Updated: Dec-10-13 8:37 pm
- New Albuquerque police shooting the 5th in 6 weeks Updated: Dec-10-13 6:31 pm
- Police standards council decertifies 9 Updated: Dec-10-13 4:47 pm
- Ala. deputy sheriff helps in watery rescue effort Updated: Dec-10-13 4:46 pm
- Burlington Police ID man killed in Vt. crash Updated: Dec-10-13 3:49 pm
- No charges in NY police shooting of disturbed man Updated: Dec-10-13 3:04 pm
- Officers: Naked Utah man bit police dog Updated: Dec-10-13 2:34 pm
- 8, including 5 policemen, killed in Kenya attack Updated: Dec-10-13 11:48 am
- Former NC sheriff's officer faces 122 charges Updated: Dec-10-13 8:46 am
- KC police shoot man who drove toward them Updated: Dec-10-13 7:20 am
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - West Valley City's new police chief has ordered a review of all of the troubled department's criminal cases in the past year to head off any more problems with officers or procedures.
PHOENIX - A detective for Arizona's state police force has resigned following the discovery that she was living in the country illegally after being brought to the U.S. from Mexico by her family at a young age, the agency said Wednesday.
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - The police chief in Miami Gardens has resigned amid allegations that officers routinely harassed and intimidated people at a local convenience store.
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis police officer's lawsuit against the original seller of a handgun later used to wound him might have to overcome a state law that gives gun sellers significant immunity.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that a lower court in Kansas should not have overturned the conviction and death sentence of a man who said he was high on methamphetamine when he killed a local sheriff.
SANTA ROSA, California - Sheriff's officials in Northern California say their preliminary review shows a deputy who shot and killed a 13-year-old boy did not violate department procedure governing the use of deadly force.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A Wilmington police officer has been cleared after he was questioned about using excessive force when a police dog bit a suspect.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - The defense attorney for Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd, who pleaded guilty Tuesday to a federal felony charge, said the four-term sheriff will resign Wednesday.
CHINA GROVE, Texas - Leaders of a South Texas city have disbanded the three-person police department amid complaints of officers not doing their jobs.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez is ordering that flags be flown at half-staff on Thursday to honor a Sandoval County sheriff's sergeant who died after being struck by a vehicle during a snow storm.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia and its Gulf Arab neighbors wrapped up a summit meeting in Kuwait on Wednesday by agreeing to establish a joint military command, paving the way for tighter security coordination even as their regional rival Iran pursues outreach efforts in the wake of its interim nuclear deal.
MANHATTAN, Kansas - The Kansas Bureau of Investigation is investigating after Riley County police shot and wounded a man outside a Manhattan hotel.
CLEVELAND - Police in Cleveland say an officer shot a burglary suspect who they say pointed a gun at him during an attempted arrest.
SANTA ROSA, California - Dozens of angry protesters flooded the City Council chambers of a Northern California town Tuesday to protest the return to duty of a sheriff's deputy who shot and killed a 13-year-old boy in October.
LUDINGTON, Michigan - The pregnant wife of a man charged with fatally shooting a Michigan state trooper during a traffic stop has been sentenced to two to five years in prison for helping him escape.
LOS ANGELES - The City Council agreed to pay $5.9 million to settle lawsuits by 11 police officers that claimed they were punished for failing to meet or objecting to traffic ticket quotas, the police chief said Tuesday.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Following months without an officer-involved shooting, Albuquerque police has seen five officer-involved shootings in the last six weeks as the department continues to face a federal investigation over allegations of excessive force.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Six former police officers and three former Corrections Department employees have formally lost certification as law enforcement officers.
LACEY'S SPRING, Alabama - A north Alabama chief deputy sheriff says he ignored his fear of deep water when he waded through a flooded field to help a woman who was trapped in her SUV.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Burlington police have identified the man who died after the vehicle he was driving collided with a school bus on a major commuting roadway.
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A grand jury in New York has voted not to indict a police officer who shot and killed an emotionally disturbed man, prosecutors said Tuesday.
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - A Utah man accused of running naked and biting a police K-9 is facing multiple charges.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A government official says unknown gunmen killed eight people, including five policemen, in an ambush in eastern Kenya.
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - A former New Hanover County sheriff's lieutenant faces 122 charges following his indictment by the county grand jury.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police shot and wounded a man who officer said sped toward them in his car.