- Trooper suffers non-life-threatening injuries in crash Updated: Jul-30-15 12:19 pm
RICHMOND, Maine - Police say a Maine state trooper was injured in a dramatic crash in which his cruiser was rear-ended by a tractor trailer on Interstate 295 in Richmond.
- Sheriff: Undercover deputy shoots man who attacked him Updated: Jul-30-15 11:34 am
LAKE WORTH, Florida - The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says an undercover deputy shot and wounded a man early Thursday in Lake Worth.
- King County sheriff's deputy to be fired for sleeping on job Updated: Jul-30-15 8:05 am
SEATTLE - King County Sheriff John Urquhart is firing a deputy caught sleeping on the job.
- Man wanted in Lafayette murder killed in police shootout Updated: Jul-30-15 7:58 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police say a 37-year-old Morgan City man wanted in a shooting death in Lafayette died in a shootout with police.
- Powerful blast rocks Macedonian police station, no injuries Updated: Jul-30-15 6:43 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonian authorities say an device has exploded outside a police station in the capital Skopje, breaking windows and damaging cars but causing no injuries.
- Family of man fatally shot by Haverhill cops hires attorney Updated: Jul-30-15 6:31 am
HAVERHILL, New Hampshire - The family of a New Hampshire man who was fatally shot by two Haverhill officers earlier this month has hired an attorney who plans to investigate the incident.
- Michigan City officer accused of misconduct, drug possession Updated: Jul-30-15 6:28 am
MICHIGAN CITY, Indiana - A police officer in Michigan City in northern Indiana has been charged with official misconduct and drug possession.
- Metro Savannah police: Son killed mother, then took own life Updated: Jul-30-15 6:20 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Police in Savannah say they've determined that the deaths of a mother and her adult son were a murder-suicide.
- Gunman in I-90 police shootout accepts plea deal Updated: Jul-30-15 5:06 am
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - An Arizona man accused of shooting at northern Idaho police officers on Interstate 90 last year has accepted a pretrial settlement.
- Frederick's new police chief taking command Updated: Jul-30-15 2:19 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - The new chief of the Frederick Police Department is taking command.
- Southern California man to stand trial in police killing Updated: Jul-30-15 12:38 am
LOS ANGELES - A suspected motorcycle gang member charged with killing a Pomona policeman has been ordered to stand trial.
- US court says drug-sniffing dog fails the smell test Updated: Jul-29-15 8:58 pm
CHICAGO - Lex the police dog from central Illinois is far from top dog in drug-sniffing skills.
- Prosecutors re-indict former North Chicago chief Updated: Jul-29-15 7:31 pm
NORTH CHIC AGO, Illinois - Lake County prosecutors have reinstated criminal against a former North Chicago police chief that were dismissed by a judge earlier this month.
- Alabama sheriff's office probes student-teacher relationship Updated: Jul-29-15 6:49 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tuscaloosa County sheriff's officials say they're investigating allegations of an inappropriate student-teacher relationship.
- Ex-Philadelphia drug squad officer sentenced to 3½ years Updated: Jul-29-15 6:31 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police officer who pleaded guilty to federal corruption charges and also accused other officers of misconduct has been sentenced to 3½ years in prison.
- 4 NYC officers cleared in fatal shooting of armed suspect Updated: Jul-29-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors in Manhattan have found that four New York City police officers who fatally shot an armed robbery suspect last year did so lawfully.
- Pryor officials investigate fatal self-inflicted gunshot Updated: Jul-29-15 5:19 pm
PRYOR, Oklahoma - Investigators in Pryor are investigating the death of a man who they say shot himself in the head steps away from the lobby of the police department.
- Alternate jurors chosen for police officer's trial Updated: Jul-29-15 5:11 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Four alternate jurors have been selected for the voluntary manslaughter trial of a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer accused in the 2013 shooting death of an unarmed black man.
- Traffic advisory sign briefly changed to anti-police message Updated: Jul-29-15 3:15 pm
BALTIMORE - Public works officials say someone changed a message on a contractor's portable traffic advisory sign in west Baltimore to a profane anti-police quote.
- Ex-Buckeye police chief challenging Arpaio next year Updated: Jul-29-15 3:07 pm
PHOENIX - Former Buckeye Police Chief Dan Saban is challenging six-term incumbent Joe Arpaio in next year's race for Maricopa County sheriff.
- Family of Ohio man killed in police shooting has questions Updated: Jul-29-15 2:07 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Relatives of a man killed in a shooting by Ohio deputies responding to a crash are questioning why officers didn't turn on their vehicle's overhead lights and thereby prompt a dash camera to start recording.
- Greenville's police chief steps down Friday Updated: Jul-29-15 2:06 pm
GREENVILLE, Mississippi - Greenville Police Chief Freddie Cannon has resigned effective Friday.
- Former Nebraska police chief fined for falsifying documents Updated: Jul-29-15 12:59 pm
GERING, Nebraska - The former police chief in the Panhandle town of Minatare has been fined $2,000 for submitting false documents to the city and the state Law Enforcement Training Academy.
- Norcross Police: Man killed sister before taking own life Updated: Jul-29-15 12:50 pm
NORCROSS, Georgia - Investigators believe a man stabbed his sister to death in a Norcross home before taking his own life, killings that went undiscovered for nearly two months, police said Wednesday.
- Ohio board working on statewide deadly force standards Updated: Jul-29-15 12:31 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's public safety director says incidents such as the fatal shooting of an unarmed motorist by a University of Cincinnati police officer underscores the need for strong relationships between police departments and the communities they serve.