- The Latest: Filing: Man called friend about protest shooting Updated: Nov-25-15 10:01 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local):
- Protesters to target Chicago shopping area on Black Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 9:30 pm
CHICAGO - Small groups of demonstrators gathered again Wednesday to protest the death of a black teen shot by a white police officer, and they urged supporters to join them in trying to shut down Chicago's famous Michigan Avenue shopping district during the Black Friday shopping bonanza.
- Coroner IDs man shot to death by Denver SWAT officers Updated: Nov-25-15 9:21 pm
DENVER - Authorities have released the name of a man who was shot to death by Denver SWAT officers during a standoff that lasted 5 ½ hours.
- Mexico rights body: Police used excessive force in 6 deaths Updated: Nov-25-15 7:50 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's governmental human rights commission said Wednesday that excessive use of force by federal police resulted in six civilian deaths in a confrontation last January, including a person who was shot dead while lying wounded on the ground and posing no threat.
- Shooting by officer in West Virginia investigated Updated: Nov-25-15 5:12 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia police officer who was following a car with a headlight out shot the driver Wednesday after the man attempted to hit the officer with his vehicle, authorities said.
- Sparta police chief on leave after dog shot Updated: Nov-25-15 4:55 pm
SPARTA, Missouri - A southwest Missouri police chief has been placed on leave after killing a pit bull.
- Springfield police chief bemoans body-cam 'burden' Updated: Nov-25-15 4:55 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Springfield's police chief says a state law requiring officers to wear body cameras is too burdensome to local squads.
- News Guide: Protests of Chicago teen's shooting continue Updated: Nov-25-15 4:08 pm
CHICAGO - Protest groups returned to the streets of Chicago on Wednesday, one day after the city released a squad-car video showing a white police officer fatally shoot a black teenager.
- Forsyth County sheriff's deputies to receive body cameras Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Deputies with the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office will soon be wearing and using body cameras.
- Georgia sheriff revels in 'politically incorrect' sign Updated: Nov-25-15 3:35 pm
HAMILTON, Georgia - If you don't like a Georgia sheriff's political incorrectness, you can leave his county.
- Police: Man dies in shootout with officers in New Jersey Updated: Nov-25-15 3:27 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Authorities have identified a man killed by police when he allegedly exchanged gunfire with two officers responding to a domestic disturbance report at a southern New Jersey home.
- Lawyer says police shooting suspect mistreated in prison Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A man accused of fatally shooting an Albuquerque police officer is being mistreated in prison, according to his attorney.
- Police: Man threatened students learning to parallel park Updated: Nov-25-15 2:20 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Police in New Hampshire say a man with a gun threatened a driver's education instructor and three students as one was attempting to parallel park near his car.
- Dona Ana County commissioners will not censure sheriff Updated: Nov-25-15 12:53 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Dona Ana County commissioners will not pursue a censure of County Sheriff Enrique "Kiki" Vigil, based on findings of a personnel investigator.
- Georgia sheriff revels in 'politically incorrect' sign Updated: Nov-25-15 11:25 am
HAMILTON, Georgia - The Harris County sheriff has posted a sign outside his department that says his county is politically incorrect, and anyone who has a problem with that can leave.
- Police probe killing after man found dead inside home Updated: Nov-25-15 11:02 am
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Police are investigating the killing of a man whose body was found inside a home in the Lawrenceville area outside Atlanta.
- KBI investigating police department in Halstead Updated: Nov-25-15 10:41 am
HALSTEAD, Kansas - Authorities say the Kansas Bureau of Investigation is investigating a matter involving a south-central Kansas police department.
- Attorney argues attempted murder charge is too harsh Updated: Nov-25-15 8:19 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The attorney for a Missouri man accused of pointing a loaded rifle at a sheriff's deputy during an October car chase in northern North Dakota says an attempted murder charge against his client doesn't fit.
- Trial postponed for ex-cop in 2013 Virginia on-duty shooting Updated: Nov-25-15 7:54 am
FAIRFAX, Virginia - A trial has been postponed in Virginia for a former Fairfax County police officer charged with murder in the 2013 shooting death of an unarmed Springfield man.
- 6 Denver deputies on restricted duty after jail inmate dies Updated: Nov-24-15 10:30 pm
DENVER - Six Denver sheriff's deputies were placed on restricted duty while authorities investigate an incident at the downtown jail involving an inmate who later died, the latest problem for a troubled agency trying to reform after a series of misconduct and excessive-force allegations.
- Providence's dancing cop says he was fired over protest Updated: Nov-24-15 9:54 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence's famous dancing cop said he was fired Tuesday from directing holiday traffic for organizing a protest last month against a Dunkin' Donuts worker who wrote "#blacklivesmatter" on another police officer's coffee cup in Rhode Island.
- Man who shot at police in 3 Washington cities gets 71 years Updated: Nov-24-15 8:51 pm
EVERETT, Washington - A man who shot at police in three Washington cities last year, wounding one officer, has been sentenced to 71 years in prison.
- Phoenix police: Woman on bike killed in hit-and-run accident Updated: Nov-24-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Police in Phoenix have released the name of a woman who was killed in a hit-and-run accident.
- Police: Augusta credit union robbed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Police are looking for a man who robbed a credit union in Augusta.
- Pennsylvania police chief apologizes for emailed racial slur Updated: Nov-24-15 4:42 pm
FARRELL, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania police chief is apologizing for using a racial slur in a fundraising email.