- Orange County DA says officers justified in fatal shooting Updated: Sep-02-15 9:07 am
ANAHEIM, California - Three Anaheim police officers have been cleared of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of a woman who confronted them with two knives outside her apartment.
- The Latest on Gray hearing: Small protest outside courthouse Updated: Sep-02-15 8:49 am
BALTIMORE - The latest on the first court hearing for six Baltimore police officers who are criminally charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man who died a week after suffering a critical spine injury in custody (all times local).
- Lipsticks strip club owner, ex-police chief enter pleas Updated: Sep-02-15 8:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The owner of the former strip club Lipsticks and an ex-police chief charged with malfeasance have pleaded not guilty to various charges, including 20 counts of principal to obscenity.
- Rapides deputy resigns after inmate claims he was hit Updated: Sep-02-15 6:41 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - An unidentified Rapides Parish Sheriff's deputy has resigned after an inmate filed a complaint, alleging that the deputy hit him while he was handcuffed.
- AG won't take over probe into NYPD shooting of bystander Updated: Sep-02-15 6:16 am
MOUNT VERNON, New York - New York's attorney general will not take over the probe into the death of a Mount Vernon bystander accidentally shot by an NYPD officer during an undercover gun and drug sting.
- Possible attempt to kill Elko police officer probed Updated: Sep-02-15 6:14 am
ELKO, Nevada - Elko police say they're investigating the possible attempted murder of an officer after a patrol car was hit by apparent gunfire over the weekend.
- Plea ends former police chief's case in death of black man Updated: Sep-02-15 5:37 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The family of an unarmed black man shot to death by a white former police chief of a small South Carolina town reluctantly accepted a plea deal on a lesser charge that will give him a year of home detention, but no prison time.
- Medford police, fire station project $6 million over budget Updated: Sep-02-15 5:24 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medford is considering borrowing funds or delaying or scaling back new police and fire stations because the project is about $6 million over budget.
- Parents of man who died at party in Grants sue city police Updated: Sep-02-15 5:05 am
GRANTS, New Mexico - The parents of a man who was fatally beaten at a 2012 house party in Grants have filed a lawsuit against the city's police department.
- Family of Wichita man killed by police demand federal probe Updated: Sep-02-15 5:05 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The family of a 23-year-old Wichita man who was fatally shot by police is demanding $10 million in damages.
- Former Baltimore police commissioner to sit on panel Updated: Sep-02-15 2:22 am
EMMITSBURG, Maryland - On the day of the first court hearing for six Baltimore police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, the city's former police commissioner will sit on a panel examining racial unrest in the city.
- Prosecutor: 2nd video emerges of deadly shooting by deputies Updated: Sep-01-15 11:45 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A second video has emerged that gives authorities a "very clear view" of a confrontation between deputies and a Texas man who had his hands raised before he was shot and killed, a prosecutor said Tuesday.
- Loveland police fatally shoot man at pizza restaurant Updated: Sep-01-15 11:31 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - Authorities say a Loveland police officer has shot and killed a man who reportedly had a knife and threatened a customer at a pizza restaurant.
- Vancouver police dog stabbed by man wanted on warrants Updated: Sep-01-15 11:21 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Police in Vancouver, Washington, say a police dog was in critical condition Tuesday evening after being stabbed by a suspect.
- 2 killed in police-involved shooting; school put on lockdown Updated: Sep-01-15 10:26 pm
TWINSBURG, Ohio - Two people have been killed and one person wounded in a police-involved shooting in northeast Ohio that forced a nearby college to go into lockdown.
- Palm Springs to pay nearly $2.6 million over Marine shooting Updated: Sep-01-15 10:19 pm
PALM SPRINGS, California - The city will pay nearly $2.6 million to settle a federal lawsuit over the police shooting death of a drunken Marine at a parking garage, it was announced Tuesday.
- Klamath sheriff asks court to force deputies back to work Updated: Sep-01-15 8:11 pm
KLAMATH FALLS, Oregon - Klamath County Sheriff Frank Skrah is asking a court to force seven deputies who are on non-disciplinary leave back to work.
- Assault charges for 3 deputies in horse-chase beating Updated: Sep-01-15 7:52 pm
SAN BERNARDINO, California - Three sheriff's deputies involved in the televised beating of a man after he tried to escape on horseback have been charged with felony assault.
- The Latest: Ex-chief who killed man won't work as cop again Updated: Sep-01-15 6:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on a white former police chief who pleaded guilty to misconduct in office in the shooting death of an unarmed black man (all times local):
- Police: Officers kill robbery suspect in gunfire exchange Updated: Sep-01-15 6:26 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Police say a bank robbery suspect has died in an exchange of gunfire with Bluefield officers.
- The Latest: Names released in Atlanta police shootings Updated: Sep-01-15 5:35 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on police in Atlanta who went to the wrong house while responding to a call, shot the man living there, killed his dog and, officials say, likely shot one of their fellow officers (all times local):
- Off-duty Norfolk police dog bites 3; handler placed on leave Updated: Sep-01-15 4:54 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk police dog bit three people after escaping from his off-duty handler's back yard.
- Man shot by deputy at WWE center remains in hospital Updated: Sep-01-15 4:50 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A man shot by a sheriff's deputy while stalking a female wrestler outside a World Wrestling Entertainment training facility in central Florida remains hospitalized, authorities said Tuesday.
- Man mistaken for hat-wearing bank robber seeks $3.3 million Updated: Sep-01-15 4:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Rodolfo Valladares wore the wrong hat to the wrong Miami bank while trying to cash a $100 check in a case of mistaken identity that's led to a court battle over $3.3 million.
- Trucker sentenced in crash that killed NY state trooper Updated: Sep-01-15 4:12 pm
FONDA, New York - A Canadian truck driver who fatally injured a state trooper who had pulled over another driver on the Thruway has been sentenced to 3½ years in state prison.