- Prosecutor offers deal to white Cleveland police supervisors Updated: Jul-01-15 7:02 pm
CLEVELAND - A prosecutor has offered to drop charges against five white Cleveland police supervisors accused of failing to stop a high-speed car chase that ended in a 137-shot barrage of police gunfire and the deaths of two unarmed black people if they admit they endangered the public and other conditions.
- Flora police officer charged in molestation case Updated: Jul-01-15 6:38 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A police officer from the central Mississippi town of Flora is charged in a child molestation case.
- Witness: Man killed by police seemed to be putting down rock Updated: Jul-01-15 6:34 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A witness said a Mexican immigrant appeared to be trying to put down a rock when three police officers shot him to death in February in Washington state, according to investigative documents released Wednesday.
- Man fatally shot after traffic stop in McMinnville Updated: Jul-01-15 2:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Authorities say a man has died in an officer-involved shooting in McMinnville, Oregon.
- Police: Motorhome driver killed in crash at NY racetrack Updated: Jul-01-15 10:07 am
NEW LEBANON, New York - State police say the driver of a motorhome has been killed in a crash during an upstate New York racetrack's annual "Eve of Destruction" event.
- Grand jury: No charges for Indianapolis officers in shooting Updated: Jul-01-15 8:12 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A grand jury has decided not to charge two Indianapolis police officers in the fatal shooting of a 36-year-old man following a traffic stop.
- County denied new hearing over decision in profiling case Updated: Jul-01-15 5:06 am
PHOENIX - A federal appeals court has denied Maricopa County's request for another hearing over its decision to make the county a party in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's racial profiling case.
- Tulsa judge says grand jury can review sheriff's operations Updated: Jun-30-15 7:01 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A grand jury should review operations at an Oklahoma sheriff's office that sent onto the streets a 73-year-old reserve deputy who shot and killed an unarmed and restrained suspect, a judge ruled Tuesday.
- Police: 2 killed in collision in Botetourt County Updated: Jun-30-15 6:50 pm
SALEM, Virginia - Virginia State Police say two Clifton Forge men have died in a two-car collision in Botetourt County.
- Federal report faults police actions during Ferguson unrest Updated: Jun-30-15 6:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Police antagonized crowds who gathered to protest in Ferguson after Michael Brown's death last summer, violated free-speech rights and made it difficult to hold officers accountable, according to a Justice Department draft report that found across-the-board flaws in law enforcement's response.
- Police: Crash kills 2, injures 2 in central New York Updated: Jun-30-15 4:52 pm
GEDDES, New York - Authorities say two people are dead and two others are hospitalized after a single-car crash in central New York.
- Review board recommends firing of Chicago police officer Updated: Jun-30-15 4:51 pm
CHICAGO - For the first time in the nearly eight years since it was formed, the Chicago agency that investigates police misconduct has recommended that an officer be fired.
- Lawton police ID boy killed in dog attack Updated: Jun-30-15 4:41 pm
LAWTON, Oklahoma - Lawton authorities have identified a 3-year-old boy who died after being attacked by a dog over the weekend.
- Smyrna police to begin wearing body cameras Updated: Jun-30-15 4:27 pm
SMYRNA, Georgia - A metro Atlanta police department is outfitting officers with body cameras months after a fatal officer-involved shooting.
- Woman sues, says police forced her to remove scarf Updated: Jun-30-15 3:24 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - A Muslim woman is suing a Michigan police department, saying her rights were violated when she was ordered to remove a headscarf for a mugshot after her arrest.
- Governor: Ex-Des Moines chief to lead Iowa police academy Updated: Jun-30-15 12:16 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad is appointing former Des Moines police chief Judy Bradshaw as the new director of the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
- Mother of boy killed by police hires 3rd set of attorneys Updated: Jun-30-15 11:17 am
CLEVELAND - The mother of a boy who was fatally shot by a Cleveland police officer while holding a pellet gun has hired her third set of lawyers to represent her and her family in a federal lawsuit against the city of Cleveland and two patrolmen.
- Former Woodbury Police chief pleads guilty Updated: Jun-30-15 9:30 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The U.S. Attorney in Nashville says former Woodbury Police Chief Kevin Mooneyham has pleaded guilty to a federal theft charge.
- New police chief approved in Hattiesburg Updated: Jun-30-15 8:59 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Hattiesburg City Council has approved the mayor's choice for police chief.
- Top Philippine police chief ordered dismissed over contract Updated: Jun-30-15 7:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines' anti-graft prosecutor on Tuesday ordered the national police chief and 10 other officers dismissed from the service for approving a contract to deliver gun licenses with a courier company that had no track record.
- Fatal shooting by police outside Portland supermarket Updated: Jun-29-15 8:14 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland say a man in a grocery store parking lot brandished what appeared to be a gun and officers shot him to death. It turned out he had a starter's pistol.
- Man hospitalized after being shot by police at Aurora bar Updated: Jun-29-15 6:09 pm
AURORA, Colorado - A man who was shot by police at a bar in Aurora is hospitalized in serious condition.
- Sheriff's office seeks tips in fatal hit-and-run case Updated: Jun-29-15 5:41 pm
EL DORADO, Arkansas - The Union County Sheriff's Office hopes to find the driver responsible for fatally hitting a pedestrian in 2011 and then leaving the scene.
- 2 former officers plead not guilty in holding-cell beating Updated: Jun-29-15 5:32 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Two former Las Cruces police officers charged with aggravated battery in the beating of a man in a holding cell have pleaded not guilty.
- Police: 1 killed, 1 injured in home invasion Updated: Jun-29-15 4:10 pm
ELKTON, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating a home invasion in western Kentucky in which a 79-year-old Mennonite man was killed and his wife injured.