- Doc: Pa. trooper's pregnant wife died of gunshot Updated: Mar-10-14 10:34 pm
- Police: Man shot by officers was homicide suspect Updated: Mar-10-14 9:41 pm
- Thousands attend funeral of Phoenix police officer Updated: Mar-10-14 9:26 pm
- Officer sues over Whitney Houston fallout Updated: Mar-10-14 9:17 pm
- Columbia councilman wants sheriff to run police Updated: Mar-10-14 4:17 pm
- Timber county sheriff's gap filled by state police Updated: Mar-10-14 3:36 pm
- FBI IDs Blackfeet Reservation shooting victim Updated: Mar-10-14 1:40 pm
- Correction: Dillinger Gun story Updated: Mar-10-14 1:24 pm
- Albuquerque police shooting civil trial begins Updated: Mar-10-14 12:56 pm
- 92-year-old minister sues over police treatment Updated: Mar-10-14 11:40 am
- Prescott Valley officer wounds man at residence Updated: Mar-10-14 10:19 am
- Sheriff injured in Marshall County wreck Updated: Mar-10-14 9:25 am
- Vt. town police chief worried after defund vote Updated: Mar-10-14 7:38 am
- Services set for former Carbondale police chief Updated: Mar-10-14 4:08 am
- N. Idaho sheriff's office drops Boy Scouts charter Updated: Mar-09-14 5:10 pm
- Barbour County Dems select 3 sheriff candidates Updated: Mar-09-14 2:52 pm
- Police say man killed when car hits utility pole Updated: Mar-09-14 1:05 pm
- Cops: man with pellet gun shot by Hingham officer Updated: Mar-09-14 12:28 pm
- Lincoln police pleased with two-officer teams Updated: Mar-09-14 12:08 pm
- State oversight may tame California pot shops Updated: Mar-09-14 11:47 am
- Alexander City man fatally shot by police Updated: Mar-09-14 11:25 am
- Critics: Sheriff needs at least $10M more a year Updated: Mar-08-14 8:41 pm
- Salt Lake City deputy chief accused of harassment Updated: Mar-08-14 7:05 pm
- Ex-police detectives convicted in corruption case Updated: Mar-08-14 2:43 pm
- Scranton's downtown mall headed to sheriff's sale Updated: Mar-08-14 2:41 pm
NORRISTOWN, Pennsylvania - The Montgomery County coroner has released the results of an autopsy on the pregnant wife of a Pennsylvania state trooper.
PHOENIX - A man killed in a shootout with Arizona Department of Public Safety officers and a security guard on a Tempe freeway Monday has been identified as an ex-convict out of Colorado, authorities said.
PHOENIX - Thousands of mourners packed a Peoria church for the funeral of a Phoenix police officer killed in a shootout with a wanted suspect last week.
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A Beverly Hills police sergeant is suing the city, claiming he faced retaliation after reporting that a detective made inappropriate remarks about Whitney Houston's body at her death scene.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Columbia city councilman is resurrecting a proposal that Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott run the city's police department.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Oregon state troopers are filling the law enforcement gap in rural Josephine County since voters refused to raise taxes to pay for sheriff's patrols.
HELENA, Montana - The FBI has released the name of a 19-year-old man who was shot and killed by a tribal police officer on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation last week.
AUBURN, Indiana - In a story March 6 about the return of a gun stolen by John Dillinger's gang, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Tucson, Arizona, police recovered the .45-caliber weapon in January 1934 after a bloody shootout with Dillinger's gang. The weapon was discovered when firefighters retrieved luggage from a burning hotel where gang members were staying.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A civil trial over the fatal Albuquerque police shooting of a 27-year-old man with schizophrenia began Monday in a case that drew added scrutiny to the department's high number of officer-involved shootings.
SALISBURY, North Carolina - A 92-year-old minister is suing the city of Salisbury, saying unreasonable force was used when a police officer tackled him and broke two bones.
PRESCOTT, Arizona - Prescott Valley police say an officer shot and wounded a man while responding to a residence where a caller had reported hearing shots fired..
BYHALIA, Mississippi - Sheriff's deputies in Marshall County are investigating a wreck that injured Sheriff Kenny Dickerson.
VERNON, Vermont - The police chief of the Vermont town of Vernon says she's worried for the town's safety after voters approved a measure that would strip the department's funding.
CARBONDALE, Illinois - Services are set for the former longtime police chief in the southern Illinois city of Carbondale.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A charter the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office in northern Idaho had with Boy Scout troop 911 has expired following the Boy Scouts of America opening its ranks to gay scouts.
PHILIPPI, West Virginia - The Barbour County Democratic Executive Committee has selected three candidates to replace former Sheriff John Hawkins, who resigned after pleading guilty to a fraud charge.
MARKLEYSBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man was killed when his car struck a utility pole.
HINGHAM, Massachusetts - A prosecutor says a Hingham police officer shot a man who pointed what looked like a real handgun at him, but the weapon turned out to be a pellet gun.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Chad Staley flips a U-turn on 21st Street to check out the license plate on a pickup when something else catches his eye: A red Acura Legend blows a stop sign right in front of him.
SAN FRANCISCO - Law and order may soon be coming to the Wild West of weed.
ALEXANDER CITY, Alabama - Alexander City Police and the Alabama Bureau of Investigation are probing a fatal police-involved shooting.
NEW ORLEANS - Orleans Parish Prison is still dangerously understaffed and the sheriff's office needs at least $10 million more to meet requirements of a court settlement, inmates and the U.S. Justice Department say in court papers.
SALT LAKE CITY - Salt Lake City Police Chief Chris Burbank has confirmed that a deputy chief has been on paid administrative leave since November for allegedly violating the city's harassment policy.
DETROIT - Two former Romulus police detectives have been convicted in a scheme to pay for prostitutes and marijuana with money seized from drug dealers.
SCRANTON, Pennsylvania - Scranton's troubled downtown shopping mall could be sold at sheriff's sale within three months.