- DA: Ashland police officer justified in shooting Updated: Dec-13-13 6:41 am
- Ohio police say fire kills 2 children Updated: Dec-13-13 5:47 am
- Man fatally wounded in Connecticut police shooting Updated: Dec-13-13 5:29 am
- Ga. police department given public safety grant Updated: Dec-13-13 4:47 am
- NH community police chief honored for leadership Updated: Dec-13-13 4:08 am
- RI State Police academy to graduate 36 troopers Updated: Dec-13-13 2:08 am
- Ex-Ala. sheriff's official, jailer face indictment Updated: Dec-12-13 8:11 pm
- Ohio police chief's wife jail for shoplifting Updated: Dec-12-13 8:07 pm
- Maine trooper shoots, kills Hollis man in standoff Updated: Dec-12-13 6:58 pm
- Lawsuit: Deputy forced man to kneel on hot asphalt Updated: Dec-12-13 6:21 pm
- Police ID victims in B-W Parkway crash Updated: Dec-12-13 5:16 pm
- Suburban NY police commissioner forced out Updated: Dec-12-13 5:16 pm
- Fallen NM sheriff's sergeant honored at memorial Updated: Dec-12-13 4:40 pm
- Ex-Riverside County deputy guilty in bar killing Updated: Dec-12-13 3:21 pm
- Cops: Pa. worker took bribes for driver's licenses Updated: Dec-12-13 2:29 pm
- Ex-police chief in Pa. charged with child porn Updated: Dec-12-13 2:29 pm
- UAA study of Anchorage police shootings released Updated: Dec-12-13 1:20 pm
- Former Plainfield cop convicted of misconduct Updated: Dec-12-13 1:16 pm
- Columbus police kill shooting suspect Updated: Dec-12-13 11:55 am
- Byrd pleads guilty, resigns as Jackson Co. sheriff Updated: Dec-12-13 11:47 am
- Grand Traverse sheriff closes lobby at night Updated: Dec-12-13 11:37 am
- Coroner: Investigation of chief's death continues Updated: Dec-12-13 10:41 am
- Illinois village's firing of officers upheld Updated: Dec-12-13 10:19 am
- Arpaio's office schedules community meetings Updated: Dec-12-13 7:46 am
- SD man shot by police pleads guilty, mentally ill Updated: Dec-12-13 7:16 am
WOBURN, Massachusetts - An investigation by the Middlesex district attorney's office has determined that an Ashland police officer was justified when he shot and killed a man in July.
CLEVELAND - Police in Cleveland say a man forced his way into an apartment and set a fire that killed two children who were asleep in a bedroom.
FARMINGTON, Connecticut - Connecticut police say a man was fatally wounded in a Farmington police shooting after officers arrived in response to a domestic disturbance.
ATLANTA - Atlanta police say the department has been given a grant of nearly $60,000 to enforce DUI laws and bolster other public safety initiatives.
RINDGE, New Hampshire - The police chief in Rindge, New Hampshire, has been named the community's business leader of the year for his educational efforts.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Thirty-six new state troopers will be receiving their diplomas as they graduate from the Rhode Island State Police Training Academy.
VANCE, Alabama - Bibb County District Attorney's officials say an ex-sheriff's office supervisor and a former jail warden have been indicted by a grand jury on charges ranging from custodial sexual misconduct to tampering with evidence.
AVON LAKE, Ohio - The wife of a police chief in northeast Ohio is serving a 10-day jail sentence for shoplifting.
HOLLIS, Maine - Maine State Police say a Hollis man has been shot and killed in an armed confrontation with police.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man suffered severe burns to his knees and buttocks after a Bernalillo County sheriff's deputy forced him to kneel and sit on hot asphalt for nearly half an hour, according to a federal civil rights lawsuit.
CHEVERLY, Maryland - U.S. Park Police have identified the people killed in a two-vehicle crash on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway.
MINEOLA, New York - A suburban New York police commissioner has resigned following an investigation by the district attorney's office that found he had interfered in an election year dispute.
RIO RANCHO, New Mexico - Family, friends and law enforcement officers from across the state gathered Thursday to honor a Sandoval County sheriff's sergeant who died after being struck by a vehicle during a snow storm.
MURRIETA, California - A former Riverside County sheriff's deputy has been convicted of second-degree murder in the off-duty shooting of man in a Murrieta bar.
PITTSBURGH - A former state driver's license examiner has been charged with taking bribes from immigrants, mostly from the Asian country of Bhutan, who were given licenses without having to pass driving tests.
BEDMINSTER, Pennsylvania - A former police chief in eastern Pennsylvania is charged with viewing and distributing online child pornography.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The findings from a study of Anchorage police shootings over a 20-year-period have been publicly released.
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - Jurors have found a former Plainfield police sergeant guilty of falsely accusing a woman of crimes and threatening her with jail unless she performed a sexual act.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police in Columbus say they confronted and fatally shot a man who was wanted for shooting his girlfriend hours before.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd has pleaded guilty to a state felony and has resigned.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - For years, the Grand Traverse County Sheriff's Department's lobby informally served as the "last resort" for a small number of street homeless people too belligerent and drunk to stay at church shelters.
HUNTSVILLE, Missouri - An investigation into the death of a central Missouri police chief's at his home last month has not been completed, Randolph County Coroner Gerald Luntsford said.
FREEBURG, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois village was within its rights to fire two police officers who vandalized department property and pulled pranks on their colleagues, a state arbitrator ruled.
PHOENIX - The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office will hold a series of community meetings on Dec. 21 in connection with a court case in which the agency was found to have systematically racially profiled Latinos during its patrols.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A man accused of threatening Rapid City police officers with a butcher knife has pleaded guilty but mentally ill to two counts of aggravated assault on a law officer.