- Los Angeles officer killed in crash with big rig Updated: Mar-07-14 9:13 pm
- Los Alamos lab deputy director resigns Updated: Mar-07-14 7:32 pm
- Sheriff probing man's death at Nye County dairy Updated: Mar-07-14 7:19 pm
- Officer responding to 911 call charged with rape Updated: Mar-07-14 6:31 pm
- Ravalli County deputy kills man Updated: Mar-07-14 5:49 pm
- Mixed verdict in Pennsylvania deputy's slaying Updated: Mar-07-14 4:12 pm
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death Updated: Mar-07-14 3:56 pm
- Man guilty of trying to kill firefighters, police Updated: Mar-07-14 3:40 pm
- Guilty plea for breaking Ferndale police windows Updated: Mar-07-14 12:58 pm
- Santa Fe police chief announces retirement Updated: Mar-07-14 11:35 am
- Pa. man settles lawsuit against Md. State Police Updated: Mar-07-14 11:14 am
- Robber shot by Ohio police gets 11 years in prison Updated: Mar-07-14 7:40 am
- Byrd's sentencing on state charges delayed Updated: Mar-07-14 6:17 am
- Wymore police chief quits for county job Updated: Mar-07-14 5:04 am
- Tulsa police set to honor outstanding officers Updated: Mar-07-14 3:22 am
- Officers in S. Ore. shoot, wound 2 suspects Updated: Mar-07-14 2:20 am
- Detective's ex-wife charged with identity theft Updated: Mar-07-14 12:49 am
- Ex-West Texas constable sentenced for drug scheme Updated: Mar-06-14 10:25 pm
- Indianapolis man fatally shot by police in raid Updated: Mar-06-14 10:13 pm
- OC officers get $3.5M in discrimination case Updated: Mar-06-14 10:01 pm
- Sheriff seeks to charge Hernandez in jail fight Updated: Mar-06-14 8:07 pm
- Cleveland police chief announces new chase policy Updated: Mar-06-14 7:49 pm
- Man accused in fatal crash barred from driving Updated: Mar-06-14 7:15 pm
- Little Silver cop sentenced for misconduct Updated: Mar-06-14 6:48 pm
- Gun stolen by Dillinger gang returned to Indiana Updated: Mar-06-14 5:49 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A veteran Los Angeles police officer was killed and his rookie partner was critically injured Friday when their patrol car collided with a big rig on a residential street. The truck driver also was injured.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Los Alamos National Laboratory Deputy Director Beth Sellers says she is resigning because of potential conflict of interest issues involving a family member's lab consulting work.
LAS VEGAS - Nye County sheriff's officials are investigating the death of a 25-year-old man at a dairy in rural Amargosa Valley.
DETROIT - A Detroit police officer is accused of raping a woman who had called 911 to report being assaulted by her boyfriend.
HAMILTON, Montana - A Ravalli County sheriff's deputy shot and killed a man at a residence southeast of Hamilton after the man, apparently distraught over problems he was having with his girlfriend, pointed a weapon at the officer, the state Department of Justice said.
EASTON, Pennsylvania - A man was convicted Friday of conspiracy to help a felon get an AK-47 used to kill a Berks County sheriff's deputy, but the jury acquitted him of actually providing the weapon.
BAKERSFIELD, California - A jury has deadlocked over allegations in a lawsuit that a California deputy sheriff used excessive force when he shot and killed a former NFL player.
OLATHE, Kansas - A northeast Kansas man has been found guilty of setting a house fire and trying to kill emergency personnel who pulled him from the burning building.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man who broke into the Ferndale police station in December and broke windows while officers were away pleaded guilty to burglary and malicious mischief.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Santa Fe's police chief is retiring after three years in the job.
BEL AIR, Maryland - A Pennsylvania man has agreed to a $10,000 settlement of his lawsuit accusing Maryland State Police officers of roughing him up after he raced past a traffic stop on his motorcycle.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man who was shot by a police officer after trying to rob a central Ohio bank customer last year has been sentenced to 11 years in prison.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - The sentencing for former Jackson County Sheriff Mike Byrd on one state charge has been moved to avoid a conflict with his sentencing on one federal charge, according to court documents.
WYMORE, Nebraska - The Wymore police chief is resigning to take a new job with Gage County.
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Tulsa Police Department is set to honor some of the best officers of 2013 this weekend.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Law enforcement officers in this southern Oregon city shot and wounded two people in a pickup truck Thursday after the truck drove straight at officers who had been following it, ramming an occupied police SUV, a police spokesman said.
TACOMA, Washington - Pierce County prosecutors have charged the ex-wife of a retired Tacoma, Washington, police detective with multiple counts of identity theft, forgery and theft.
EL PASO, Texas - A former West Texas constable and police officer has received a two-year prison term after pleading guilty to a drug conspiracy charge.
INDIANAPOLIS - A man who was shot and killed by police after allegedly wounding four SWAT officers watched them approach the suspected drug house on surveillance cameras, Indianapolis' public safety director said.
SANTA ANA, California - A federal jury on Thursday awarded more than $3.5 million to three Westminster police officers who said they were denied promotions because they are Latino.
DARTMOUTH, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts sheriff is seeking a criminal complaint against former NFL star Aaron Hernandez after a recent jail scuffle with another inmate.
CLEVELAND - Cleveland's police department will limit when and how long squad cars can chase suspects in new guidelines released Thursday, more than a year after a chase involving more than 100 officers ended in the deaths of two people.
GOLDEN, Colorado - A man accused in a traffic collision that killed a sheriff's deputy has been barred from driving while he is free on bond.
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - A police officer in Little Silver has been sentenced to five years in prison after his conviction on official misconduct and assault charges in the beating of a man.
AUBURN, Indiana - A Thompson submachine gun that John Dillinger's gang stole from a northeastern Indiana police station more than 80 years ago has been returned, finally, and will go on display.