- Prosecutors charge man shot by Kalispell police Updated: Feb-08-16 10:31 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - A man who was shot by Kalispell police has been charged with felony assault on a peace officer.
- Pima County Sheriff's Office investigating suspicious death Updated: Feb-08-16 8:34 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Pima County sheriff's homicide detectives say they're investigating a suspicious death.
- Woman gets jail for group attack on gay Philadelphia couple Updated: Feb-08-16 8:21 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A suburban police chief's daughter began serving five to 10 months in jail on Monday for a group attack on a gay couple that prompted Philadelphia to add sexual orientation to its hate crime laws.
- Attorney General to visit 6 cities to highlight police work Updated: Feb-08-16 8:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Attorney General Loretta Lynch plans to visit six cities in the coming months to highlight police departments she sees as role models for law enforcement.
- Beyonce's Super Bowl show bringing both praise and criticism Updated: Feb-08-16 7:46 pm
A day after the Super Bowl, people are still parsing over each frame from Beyonce's halftime performance, trying to glean the messages, both subtle and overt, that made for a stunning display of unapologetic blackness and political activism during one of the most-watched events of the year.
- Manziel's ex-girlfriend says she lost some hearing in attack Updated: Feb-08-16 7:31 pm
DALLAS - Johnny Manziel's ex-girlfriend said in an affidavit the Cleveland Browns quarterback hit her so hard during a late-night confrontation she lost hearing in one ear.
- Police: Off-duty Memphis officer shoots intruder at home Updated: Feb-08-16 7:31 pm
SOUTHAVEN, Mississippi - Police in Memphis, Tennessee, say one of their off-duty officers has shot a person at a home in the nearby Mississippi city of Southaven.
- Former Flora Police chief sentenced in molestation case Updated: Feb-08-16 6:03 pm
CANTON, Mississippi - A former police chief in Flora has been sentenced for sex crimes against children.
- DOJ agreement could cost Ferguson $3.7 million in first year Updated: Feb-08-16 4:57 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - Ferguson's cost of implementing reforms spelled out in a consent agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice could approach $4 million in the first year alone, according to new estimates that further raise questions about whether the community can afford it.
- Drew Peterson murder-for-hire trial again postponed Updated: Feb-08-16 4:37 pm
CHESTER, Illinois - The southern Illinois murder-for-hire trial of former suburban Chicago police officer Drew Peterson has again been postponed.
- Mayor Tom Barrett confident despite homicides, police review Updated: Feb-08-16 2:36 pm
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett struck a confident tone during his State of the City address Monday morning, despite a spike in homicides and a federal review of the city's police department.
- Chicago teen's death shines light on police code of silence Updated: Feb-08-16 2:30 pm
CHICAGO - For more than a year after an officer shot and killed a black teen named Laquan McDonald, the Chicago Police Department had video footage that raised serious doubts about whether other officers at the scene tried in their reports to cover up what prosecutors now contend was murder.
- 1 killed, 1 wounded in police-involved shooting Updated: Feb-08-16 2:04 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a police-involved shooting following a pursuit near Philadelphia ended with one person killed and another injured.
- Correction: Arson Fire Death story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:41 pm
SEDALIA, Missouri - In a story Feb. 4 about an arson fire in Sedalia, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Springfield Police Department helped to determine that the fire was intentionally set. It was the Sedalia Police Department, not the Springfield Police Department.
- Syracuse police investigate fatal shooting of 19-year-old Updated: Feb-08-16 1:38 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Police in Syracuse say they're investigating the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man on the city's north side.
- Report: Police program helped man who prostituted teen Updated: Feb-08-16 1:13 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - A newspaper report says a man who's serving 15 years in prison for running an underage prostitution operation did so out of an apartment obtained with the help of the Peoria Police Department.
- Attorneys to prepare jury questions in Tulsa shooting case Updated: Feb-08-16 11:46 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - A judge has ordered attorneys to prepare questions for prospective jurors who will hear the case against a former reserve sheriff's deputy charged with fatally shooting an unarmed man.
- Minnesota Sex Offender Program to provisionally free 4th man Updated: Feb-08-16 10:47 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The St. Paul Police Department will hold a public meeting Wednesday on the upcoming release of a man from the Minnesota Sex Offender Program.
- Rural police chiefs see uptick of mentally ill on streets Updated: Feb-08-16 10:42 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - At one time the nation's most severely mentally ill were locked up in mental hospitals, often against their will. Now they wander our streets.
- Michigan State University police unit focuses on inclusion Updated: Feb-08-16 10:13 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan State University Police Department has formed an Inclusion and Anti-Bias Unit as part of an effort to improve its community relationships.
- Independence police officer shoots, kills man after chase Updated: Feb-08-16 7:59 am
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Authorities have identified a man who was shot and killed by Independence police after a chase.
- 16-year-old shot, killed by police in Los Angeles Updated: Feb-08-16 5:17 am
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say Los Angeles police have fatally shot a teenager who was armed with a gun during a confrontation.
- Colorado Springs police work to finalize body camera policy Updated: Feb-08-16 1:56 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Colorado Springs Police Department is moving forward with plans to outfit all its officers with body cameras.
- Woman bitten by St. Paul police dog sues city Updated: Feb-07-16 5:58 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A woman is suing the city of St. Paul after she was bitten by a police dog more than two years ago.
- State police investigate nonfatal shooting by deputy sheriff Updated: Feb-07-16 5:29 pm
WINCHESTER, Virginia - Virginia State Police say they are investigating a nonfatal shooting by a Frederick County deputy sheriff.