- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting wife Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 pm
- Indianapolis police officer kills ex-wife, self Updated: Apr-17-14 10:16 pm
- Former SC sheriff found guilty in corruption trial Updated: Apr-17-14 8:16 pm
- Judge: MCSO staff to get corrected on Arpaio case Updated: Apr-17-14 7:40 pm
- Oregon sheriffs oppose driver-license measure Updated: Apr-17-14 7:16 pm
- Man shot to death by St. Charles police officer Updated: Apr-17-14 5:55 pm
- Prosecutors win appeal in 1989 son killing case Updated: Apr-17-14 4:13 pm
- APNewsBreak: Embattled academy official to retire Updated: Apr-17-14 3:49 pm
- Howard County police chief announces retirement Updated: Apr-17-14 3:31 pm
- Funding pact reached in Orleans jail reform battle Updated: Apr-17-14 3:28 pm
- Sheriff: Missing M16 rifle was in deputy's safe Updated: Apr-17-14 2:19 pm
- Taliban kill 4 Afghan policemen south of Kabul Updated: Apr-17-14 12:48 pm
- Brusly police chief pleads guilty to malfeasance Updated: Apr-17-14 12:28 pm
- Martinsburg shooting plaintiffs to get reports Updated: Apr-17-14 12:19 pm
- MBI investigates domestic shootout in Nettleton Updated: Apr-17-14 12:18 pm
- Deputies: Man kills wife, son; car found on bridge Updated: Apr-17-14 12:18 pm
- Man alleges excessive force by Roseville police Updated: Apr-17-14 11:16 am
- Stepson charged in death of Union County man Updated: Apr-17-14 11:10 am
- Ex-State Police chief denies sex charges Updated: Apr-17-14 5:55 am
- Cass County sheriff's office warns of phone scam Updated: Apr-17-14 5:28 am
- Graduation held for newly trained police dogs Updated: Apr-17-14 3:07 am
- Conn. state police troops to take routine calls Updated: Apr-16-14 7:06 pm
- 4 men seeking job as Council Bluffs police chief Updated: Apr-16-14 5:35 pm
- Sheriff seeks photos, video from Isla Vista bash Updated: Apr-16-14 4:58 pm
- St. Louis County cop shoots Fenton robbery suspect Updated: Apr-16-14 2:30 pm
DENVER - A Denver man accused of killing his wife while she was on the phone with a 911 dispatcher ate marijuana-infused candy before the attack, according to search warrants released Thursday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Authorities say an Indianapolis police officer shot and killed his estranged wife, also an officer, and then turned the gun on himself.
CHESTERFIELD, South Carolina - The former sheriff of Chesterfield County has been found guilty after prosecutors accused him of giving away guns from his department without filing proper paperwork and allowing untrained people to act as deputies.
PHOENIX - A federal judge ordered Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio to immediately issue a statement correcting mischaracterizations his staff made about court findings in a racial-profiling case, according to court documents filed Thursday.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A group of Oregon sheriffs is opposing a move to grant driving privileges for people who can't prove they're legally in the United States.
ST. CHARLES, Missouri - A 52-year-old man is dead after he was shot by police in St. Charles.
PHOENIX - A retired detective who refused to take the stand again, asserting his right against self-incrimination, will be forced to testify at the retrial of an Arizona mother charged with having her son killed in 1989, the state Court of Appeals ruled Thursday.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - The assistant director of the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy announced Thursday he will retire after enduring months of criticism for making inappropriate sexual and threatening remarks to female cadets and colleagues.
ELLICOTT CITY, Maryland - Howard County Police Chief William McMahon is retiring, after eight years in the post and 30 years in law enforcement.
NEW ORLEANS - Lawyers for the city of New Orleans and the local sheriff have reached agreement, for now, on how to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to reform the city's violent jail.
SALT LAKE CITY - A northern Utah sheriff's office says they've determined that an M16 rifle missing for years was in the safe of a deputy who forgot he had it.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Taliban militants stopped a car carrying several Afghan police officers on the road to Kabul and killed at least four of them, authorities said Thursday.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Brusly Police Chief Jamie Whaley has pleaded guilty to one count of malfeasance and was sentenced to 18 months of probation.
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - The family of a Virginia man shot and killed by Martinsburg police officers has won a legal fight to obtain autopsy and state police reports from the incident.
NETTLETON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is investigating a verbal argument inside a vehicle that ended with three people dead, two of them brothers, in the center of Nettleton.
GONZALES, Louisiana - Ascension Parish deputies say they are searching for a man who may have jumped off a Mississippi River bridge after shooting and killing his estranged wife and 12-year-old son.
ROSEVILLE, Minnesota - A Minneapolis man is suing Roseville police saying officers used excessive force during his arrest even though he was complying with their orders.
UNION, South Carolina - A man has been charged with murder after his stepfather's body was found in a densely wooded area behind the Union County home they shared.
PORTLAND, Maine - A former Maine State Police chief has pleaded not guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted a 4-year-old relative.
FARGO, North Dakota - The Cass County Sheriff's Office says someone is impersonating a local law enforcement employee and demanding money over the phone.
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Newly trained police dogs are formally being sent on the job with a graduation in West Palm Beach.
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police began field testing a new dispatch system Wednesday that restores some functions to local barracks, partially undoing the consolidation efforts that began two years ago.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Four men are vying to become the next police chief in Council Bluffs.
SANTA BARBARA, California - Authorities are seeking photos and video of a melee that erupted during an annual street party in the Isla Vista area near Santa Barbara earlier this month.
FENTON, Missouri - A St. Louis County police officer has shot a robbery suspect at a Fenton check-cashing store.