- Lawyer: Teen shot from behind by police and car was stopped Updated: Jul-31-15 10:28 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The lawyer for the family of a 19-year-old man shot and killed by a Seneca police officer says the teen was shot in the back and his car was not moving.
- New Jersey sheriff's officer rescues child from hot minivan Updated: Jul-31-15 9:32 am
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - A New Jersey officer smashed the window of a hot minivan to rescue a child who was sweating profusely.
- Police: Woman killed in crash follow fight at restaurant Updated: Jul-31-15 8:43 am
ST. MARTIN, Mississippi - A woman died and her son was injured after their vehicle ran off a Jackson County road during a police pursuit.
- Police: 1 killed, 1 injured in head-on car crash on highway Updated: Jul-31-15 8:10 am
RICHMOND, Vermont - Authorities say one person has died in a head-on car crash on Interstate 89 in Vermont.
- Parents file lawsuit over Iowa man's stun gun death Updated: Jul-31-15 7:53 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The parents of a man who died after being shot with stun guns by Worth County deputies have filed a lawsuit.
- Police: Officer fatally shoots armed man in Fort Worth Updated: Jul-31-15 6:59 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - Authorities say a man has been fatally shot by a police officer in downtown Fort Worth.
- Judge says experts can testify in Charlotte officer's trial Updated: Jul-31-15 6:46 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A judge in Charlotte has ruled that experts will be allowed to testify in the trial of a white police officer accused of shooting and killing an unarmed black man nearly two years ago.
- Police: Man killed by own vehicle in campground accident Updated: Jul-31-15 6:43 am
WAVERLY, New York - State police say a 42-year-old central New York man has died in an accident at a campground in the Adirondacks.
- Hattiesburg's new chief to be sworn in Monday Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A new police chief will be sworn in Monday at Jackie Dole Sherrill Community Center in downtown Hattiesburg.
- Attorneys due in court Friday in Arpaio's profiling case Updated: Jul-31-15 6:14 am
PHOENIX - Attorneys in Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's racial profiling case are due in court Friday to do spadework for upcoming contempt-of-court hearings against the lawman for his acknowledged violation of a judge's orders.
- WWII veteran leaves $235,000 to Post Falls police Updated: Jul-31-15 5:07 am
SPOKANE, Washington - The Post Falls Police Department can afford some dog treats after a World War II veteran left more than $235,000 to the department's animal safety division.
- Police: Woman killed in motorcycle crash didn't wear helmet Updated: Jul-31-15 5:06 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Police say a Maine woman who was killed in a motorcycle crash last week in Westbrook was not wearing a helmet.
- Man's past center of Albuquerque fatal police shooting case Updated: Jul-31-15 5:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The criminal past of a homeless camper shot and killed by Albuquerque police is the center of a hearing involving a former officer and current officer facing murder charges.
- Chester police move out after rift with sheriff's office Updated: Jul-31-15 4:34 am
CHESTER, South Carolina - The Chester Police Department has moved out of the law enforcement building it had shared with the Chester County Sheriff's Office after a rift between the two agencies over office space.
- State police commander, 3 others killed in southern Mexico Updated: Jul-30-15 9:31 pm
ACAPULCO, Mexico - Men armed with rifles killed a police commander Thursday in the capital of the restive southern Mexico state of Guerrero, and officers pursuing the suspected attackers killed three people about two hours later, authorities said.
- Grand jury to review Clayton County sheriff shooting case Updated: Jul-30-15 8:25 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Gwinnett County prosecutors say the case of an off-duty sheriff shooting a real estate agent at a metro Atlanta model home will be reviewed by a grand jury.
- Ex-tribal police chief pleads guilty to stealing from tribe Updated: Jul-30-15 8:01 pm
SEATTLE - The former police chief of the Swinomish Police Department has pleaded guilty to stealing nearly $34,000 from the tribe in northwest Washington.
- Man on trial in killing of Chicago police officer testifies Updated: Jul-30-15 6:28 pm
CHICAGO - A man on trial in the shooting death of Chicago police Officer Thor Soderberg took the witness stand and said he's proud he killed the officer.
- DC mayor, police chief discuss increase in crime Updated: Jul-30-15 6:11 pm
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser and Police Chief Cathy Lanier say they are confronting a spike in violent crime.
- Attorney: Police shot man in head; family to file lawsuit Updated: Jul-30-15 5:17 pm
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The attorney for the family of a 23-year-old man killed by police in Virginia said Thursday that the medical examiner's report indicates he was shot in the back of the head.
- New Mexico State Police: 2 killed in crash of small plane Updated: Jul-30-15 3:58 pm
TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES, New Mexico - Authorities say two men from New Mexico and Utah were killed when a single-engine plane crashed in the vicinity of the airport in Truth or Consequences.
- Trooper suffers non-life-threatening injuries in crash Updated: Jul-30-15 2:38 pm
RICHMOND, Maine - Police say a Maine state trooper was injured in a dramatic crash in which his cruiser was rear-ended by a tractor trailer on Interstate 295 in Richmond.
- Review: NYPD body camera program should record more stops Updated: Jul-30-15 2:19 pm
NEW YORK - A body camera pilot program at the nation's largest police department raised a wide range of questions about how to best monitor police and community interactions, according to a report released Thursday.
- Armed man shot, killed by police Updated: Jul-30-15 1:11 pm
LOGAN, Utah - A Logan man has died after an hourslong standoff with police ended in an alleged shootout.
- Sheriff: Undercover deputy shoots man who attacked him Updated: Jul-30-15 11:34 am
LAKE WORTH, Florida - The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says an undercover deputy shot and wounded a man early Thursday in Lake Worth.