- Wanted by the US, Roman Polanski gets film award in Poland Updated: May-02-15 4:18 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Filmmaker Roman Polanski has received a film award and pressed his palms into plaster for the hall of independent cinema stars in Krakow- the same Polish city where a court is weighing a U.S. request for his extradition.
- Austria turns down US extradition request for Ukrainian Updated: Apr-30-15 6:20 pm
VIENNA - An Austrian court on Thursday ruled against a U.S. extradition request for a Ukrainian oligarch suspected of paying millions of dollars in bribes to Indian officials, saying the U.S. move was at least partially politically motivated and not supported by sufficient evidence.
- Guatemala extradites alleged drug kingpin to United States Updated: Apr-30-15 4:28 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - An alleged narco-kingpin wanted in New York for his purported role in an international drug trafficking conspiracy was extradited to the United States on Thursday, Guatemalan authorities said.
- Indiana man won't waive extradition in Madison slaying Updated: Apr-29-15 4:32 pm
MADISON, Indiana - An Indiana man accused of killing a teenager has declined to waive extradition from Kentucky.
- Swedish top court allows Assange to appeal detention order Updated: Apr-28-15 1:40 pm
HELSINKI - Sweden's highest court decided Tuesday to allow Julian Assange to appeal a detention order against the WikiLeaks founder over allegations of sex crimes.
- California man awaits extradition to Arizona in a sex case Updated: Apr-28-15 6:20 am
PEORIA, Arizona - A man has been arrested in California and is awaiting extradition to Arizona for allegedly having sex with an underage girl.
- Canadian court to extradite 2 to New Hampshire in '88 deaths Updated: Apr-24-15 2:56 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - The Supreme Court of Canada has ordered the extradition of two men to New Hampshire to face murder charges in the deaths of two women nearly 27 years ago.
- Spain: Court rejects extradition to US of ex-JPMorgan trader Updated: Apr-23-15 9:53 am
MADRID - Spain's National Court has rejected the extradition to the United States of a former JPMorgan Chase & Co. trader wanted for allegedly falsifying bank records, but said the U.S. can take legal action against him in Spain.
- UK trader accused in 'flash crash' contests US extradition Updated: Apr-22-15 1:46 pm
LONDON - A judge in Britain has granted U.K. trader conditional bail while he contests extradition to the United States to face charges of being a key figure in bringing about the 2010 "flash crash" - when the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 600 points in five minutes.
- Mom accused of leaving son in Pa. woods waives extradition Updated: Apr-21-15 2:11 pm
ROCKVILLE, Maryland - A Philadelphia woman accused of dumping her quadriplegic son in the woods so she could visit her boyfriend in Maryland will be going back to her home state.
- Suspect in Arkansas killing fights extradition Updated: Apr-21-15 12:13 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The attorney for a Delaware man accused in a 1967 Arkansas killing says his client is being held illegally as he fights extradition.
- Mom of abandoned quadriplegic man faces extradition hearing Updated: Apr-20-15 5:43 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia woman accused of dumping her quadriplegic son in the woods so she could visit her boyfriend in Maryland has been released from a hospital and is facing extradition.
- Man who fled after fatal hit-and-run extradited to Chicago Updated: Apr-18-15 4:07 pm
CHICAGO - A man who fled the U.S. following a fatal 2009 hit-and-run has appeared in court in Chicago after being extradited from Mexico.
- Man indicted in US for drug deal elected senator in Nigeria Updated: Apr-16-15 6:19 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - A man indicted in the United States for allegedly smuggling heroin, in a case that was the basis for the TV hit "Orange Is The New Black," has been elected a senator in Nigeria.
- US: Spain, Cuba in talks for extradition of 2 ETA members Updated: Apr-16-15 7:23 am
MADRID - A U.S. State Department official says Spain and Cuba are in extradition discussions about two members of the Basque armed separatist group and wanted by Spain since 2010.
- Del. man fights extradition to face Arkansas murder charge Updated: Apr-14-15 7:14 pm
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - Out on probation after serving a three-year stint for attempted bank robbery, James Leon Clay of Georgetown was scheduled to appear at a court-ordered status conference in December to determine whether he was complying with the terms of his release, including treatment under a mental health court program.
- Jewelry store worker left bound at cemetery; 1 in custody Updated: Apr-13-15 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A jewelry store worker abducted in a parking garage by men seeking a code to the store safe was repeatedly zapped with a stun gun, bound and left at a cemetery, according to court papers.
- Delaware man to be extradited to face Arkansas murder charge Updated: Apr-11-15 1:46 pm
NEWPORT, Arkansas - A Delaware man who was charged last month in Arkansas with the 1967 shooting death of a man at Newport will be extradited to Arkansas.
- Teen accused of killing parents waives extradition Updated: Apr-10-15 1:36 pm
TOWN OF PIEHL, Wisconsin - A 17-year-old northern Wisconsin girl accused of killing her mother and stepfather will soon be extradited from Indiana.
- Extradition sought for ex-Salvadoran colonel over slayings Updated: Apr-08-15 1:27 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Federal authorities are seeking to extradite a former Salvadoran colonel to Spain on charges related to the 1989 slayings of five Jesuit priests during El Salvador's civil war.