- Mexico closes health center for supposed diabetes 'vaccine' Updated: Nov-26-15 10:06 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican regulatory authorities closed a health center that was touting a supposed diabetes "vaccine" and warned consumers that there is no vaccine for the condition.
- FDA approves booster-enhanced flu vaccine for seniors Updated: Nov-25-15 3:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved a first-of-a-kind flu vaccine that contains a booster to help protect seniors vulnerable to the virus.
- Health officials pleased with state's HPV vaccination rate Updated: Nov-20-15 12:32 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Health Department officials say nearly three-quarters of all Rhode Island seventh grade students received the state-mandated HPV vaccine by the beginning of this school year.
- Flu spray in short supply at Minnesota hospitals, clinics Updated: Nov-19-15 2:33 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Health officials say the nasal spray that fights the flu is in short supply at Minnesota hospitals and clinics.
- Wichita schools to send home students without proper shots Updated: Nov-09-15 3:42 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita students who aren't up to date on required immunizations will be excluded from school next week.
- 2 flu-related deaths reported in California this week Updated: Nov-07-15 9:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - State health officials have announced the first two flu-related deaths in California for the current flu season.
- University of Iowa to provide free mumps vaccine to students Updated: Nov-07-15 5:28 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - University of Iowa health specialists will be providing students with a third dose of the vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella for free in an effort to stem a mumps outbreak on campus.
- Indiana changes HPV vaccine notice after criticism Updated: Nov-06-15 1:26 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana health officials have made changes to an effort to boost the number of children vaccinated for the HPV virus after complaints from social conservatives drew the attention of Republican Gov. Mike Pence.
- Pennsylvania to seek stronger child immunization regulations Updated: Nov-05-15 11:52 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania departments of Health and Education say they'll seek changes to immunization regulations for school children that they say will better protect students from illness.
- Glaxo plans up to 20 new drug applications in near term Updated: Nov-03-15 4:37 pm
GlaxoSmithKline could seek regulatory approval for up to 20 new medicines before 2020 and some could hit the market by then, enabling it to boost revenue rather than just compensate for declining sales of its older drugs.