- Pelicans lose Davis to injury, Clippers win 111-90 Updated: Nov-28-15 2:09 am
LOS ANGELES - Doc Rivers rested all of his starters throughout the fourth quarter against New Orleans on Friday night, a rarity for the Clippers coach this season.
- Police: Puig gets swollen eye during encounter with bouncer Updated: Nov-27-15 11:50 pm
MIAMI - Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig sustained a swollen eye and facial bruises during a fight with a bouncer.
- Gerald Green scores 25, leads Heat to 97-78 rout of Knicks Updated: Nov-27-15 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - With the force of "The Hurricane," the Miami Heat once again blew away the Knicks.
- Payton's double-double powers Magic to 114-90 win over Bucks Updated: Nov-27-15 11:17 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Elfrid Payton has been inconsistent this season for the Orlando Magic.
- Hawaii hires Nevada offensive coordinator Rolovich as coach Updated: Nov-27-15 10:25 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii has hired Nevada offensive coordinator Nick Rolovich as its head football coach.
- Blue Jays bring back free-agent lefty Happ for $36M, 3 years Updated: Nov-27-15 10:11 pm
TORONTO - J.A. Happ is headed back to the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Amerson pushing for starting cornerback job with Raiders Updated: Nov-27-15 6:16 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Two months after wondering whether he still had a future in the NFL, cornerback David Amerson is inching closer to a starting job with the Oakland Raiders.
- Titans to start undrafted free agent at guard vs. Raiders Updated: Nov-27-15 2:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has switched up its offensive line again.
- Falcons' Freeman ruled out against Vikings with concussion Updated: Nov-27-15 2:39 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Running back Devonta Freeman, recovering from a concussion, will not play Sunday in the Atlanta Falcons' game against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Bucks' Jason Kidd suspended a game for conduct toward ref Updated: Nov-27-15 1:23 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA has suspended Milwaukee Bucks coach Jason Kidd for one game without pay for his aggressive conduct toward a referee.
- Column: Things we're NOT thankful for in the world of sports Updated: Nov-27-15 1:07 pm
Another Thanksgiving in the books.
- Duke, Wake Forest look to end losing streaks in finale Updated: Nov-27-15 12:31 pm
It's been more than a month since Duke last won - and even longer for Wake Forest.
- Scott Shafer's last game at Syracuse comes against BC Updated: Nov-27-15 12:28 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Like Greg Robinson seven years ago, Syracuse coach Scott Shafer enters the final game of the regular season knowing it's his last as head man of the Orange.
- Topeka promoters seek new audience Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The brief encounter happened some 20 years ago, but it remains fresh in Larry Farmer's mind today.
- Saints place cornerback Lewis on injured reserve, add Owens Updated: Nov-26-15 8:20 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints have placed cornerback Keenan Lewis on injured reserve, ending his season.
- Stafford throws 5 TD passes, Lions beat Eagles 45-14 Updated: Nov-26-15 5:51 pm
DETROIT - Matthew Stafford dropped back and perfectly lofted the ball where only Calvin Johnson could catch it.
- Patriots sign McDonald, place Dobson on injured reserve Updated: Nov-26-15 5:14 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots signed defensive back Dewey McDonald to the 53-man roster Thursday and placed wide receiver Aaron Dobson on injured reserve.
- Cardinals place OLB Woodley on IR, sign DT Bryant Updated: Nov-26-15 4:53 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have placed outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley on season-ending injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle and signed longtime Seahawks defensive tackle Red Bryant.
- Sebastian Coe gives up role with Nike amid scrutiny Updated: Nov-26-15 3:51 pm
MONACO - Although new to his job, Sebastian Coe has already learned that some battles are simply not worth fighting when you're trying to lead a major sport out of crisis.
- South Carolina's Shawn Elliott struggles with interim role Updated: Nov-26-15 11:46 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Interim South Carolina coach Shawn Elliott wanted his six-game tryout to end Saturday like the head coach on the other sideline - fans chanting his name and an athletic director eager to give him the job full-time.
- Suns sign free-agent guard Bryce Cotton Updated: Nov-25-15 8:52 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns signed free-agent guard Bryce Cotton on Wednesday before their home game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Redskins could play twice in London next season Updated: Nov-25-15 8:00 pm
LONDON - The Washington Redskins could become the first NFL team to play two games in London in one season - in consecutive weeks, no less.
- Rams WR Bailey has surgery after being shot in Florida Updated: Nov-25-15 7:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - Many St. Louis Rams players woke to the news that Stedman Bailey had been shot in the head.
- Broncos bring in Christian Ponder to add depth at QB Updated: Nov-25-15 7:21 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Forget Brady vs. Manning XVII, which won't happen this weekend and maybe ever.
- Canadiens sign general manager Marc Bergevin to extension Updated: Nov-25-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - The Montreal Canadiens have rewarded general manager and executive vice president Marc Bergevin for turning around the team and leading it to the playoffs the past three seasons.