- Illinois commended for local renewable energy buys Updated: Mar-07-14 4:14 pm
- Chevron pizza 'scandal' isn't one in small town Updated: Mar-07-14 11:06 am
- Canada regulator approves reversing pipeline flow Updated: Mar-06-14 6:22 pm
- House passes bill to block Obama climate plan Updated: Mar-06-14 6:12 pm
- Record fine proposed for coal mining operations Updated: Mar-06-14 1:27 am
- Maine panel eyes bill to remove wind-power goals Updated: Mar-05-14 8:10 pm
- Advocates against cut to energy-efficiency program Updated: Mar-05-14 6:41 pm
- Environmental group sues Ameren over coal plants Updated: Mar-05-14 3:18 pm
- State: Columbia River oil terminal violated permit Updated: Mar-04-14 6:16 pm
- Economic battle over Ukraine heats up Updated: Mar-04-14 1:34 pm
- Steamboat City Council considers solar garden Updated: Mar-04-14 9:56 am
- ND panel pulls private land from drilling rule Updated: Mar-03-14 7:07 pm
- Washington cities eye moves involving oil trains Updated: Mar-03-14 3:07 pm
- Philadelphia mayor strikes deal to sell utility Updated: Mar-03-14 2:43 pm
- Obama admin drives ahead with new cleaner gas rule Updated: Mar-03-14 1:51 pm
- Vt. loves renewable energy, except when it arrives Updated: Mar-02-14 2:34 pm
- Natural gas to power garbage trucks Updated: Mar-02-14 12:37 pm
- EPA head visits North Dakota at senator's request Updated: Feb-28-14 9:07 pm
- Sea otters declared recovered following 1989 spill Updated: Feb-28-14 6:26 pm
- Coal crunch gives impetus to India's solar switch Updated: Feb-28-14 11:07 am
- As NC debates, other states empty coal ash dumps Updated: Feb-28-14 10:52 am
- Judge upholds vote that OK'd county fracking ban Updated: Feb-27-14 10:57 pm
- Wyoming top in CO2 per person amid new regulations Updated: Feb-27-14 6:29 pm
- Pollution panel weighing new rules for coal ash Updated: Feb-27-14 1:40 pm
- CUB urges energy conservation as gas costs rise Updated: Feb-27-14 10:01 am
CHICAGO - Illinois has more cities providing 100 percent renewable energy than any other state, which has reduced pollution by the equivalent of removing a million cars from the road over the past few years, according to a report released Friday by national and state environmental groups.
BOBTOWN, Pennsylvania - Critics are raging after an energy giant offered pizza coupons to a community near a natural gas well that exploded last month, killing a worker.
TORONTO - Canada's National Energy Board approved Thursday a plan by Enbridge to reverse the flow of a pipeline that would allow for Western Canadian oil to be transported to Eastern Canada.
WASHINGTON - Aiming at the heart of President Barack Obama's strategy for fighting climate change, the Republican-controlled House voted Thursday to block the administration's plan to limit carbon pollution from new power plants.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is proposing a record fine for thousands of water pollution violations by coal mine operators in five Appalachian states.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Gov. Paul LePage's proposal to scrap Maine's wind-power production goals sparked a debate Wednesday between the Republican governor's administration and renewable energy advocates who say doing so will threaten the industry's future in the state.
INDIANAPOLIS - Energy efficiency businesses and advocates are rallying against a bill that would kill a statewide program aimed at reducing energy use by Indiana homeowners and businesses.
ST. LOUIS - A national environmental group has made good on its promise to sue a St. Louis-based utility over what it calls thousands of violations of federal clean air laws.
CLATSKANIE, Oregon - A Columbia River industrial plant converted from making ethanol to shipping volatile North Dakota crude oil has been operating improperly by moving six times the volume its permit allowed, Oregon regulators say.
KIEV, Ukraine - The battle over Ukraine's future is also economic: on Tuesday, Russia cranked up the pressure by saying it would end discounts on its natural gas supplies, while the U.S. and European Union offered quick-fix aid to the beleaguered government.
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colorado - The Steamboat Springs City Council is considering buying into a new solar garden planned for Craig.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The public will not be allowed to comment on oil wells planned on private land in North Dakota under a plan approved by state regulators Monday that's designed to lessen the impacts of exploding energy development in certain western parts of the state.
SEATTLE - Concerned about fire and other safety issues, cities in Washington state are eyeing increased oversight of oil trains that rumble through communities.
PHILADELPHIA - The city's distressed pension fund would get an injection of $424 million under a proposal for UIL Holdings Corp. to buy the city-owned gas utility for $1.86 billion, the mayor announced Monday.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is driving ahead with a dramatic reduction in sulfur in gasoline and tailpipe emissions, declaring that cleaner air will save thousands of lives per year at little cost to consumers.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Getting energy from the sun, wind and forests fits with Vermont's sense of itself as clean, green and independent. But when it comes time to build and live with the projects that make it possible, things can get complicated.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Natural gas-powered garbage trucks that are expected to emit less pollution will be rolled out in Baton Rouge, an area that has struggled to meet federal ozone pollution standards.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The head of the Environmental Protection Agency faced tough crowds Friday during stops in North Dakota, where coal and ethanol continue to be a big part of the oil-rich state's energy mix.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A federal study of Prince William Sound sea otters affected by crude oil spilled from the Exxon Valdez has concluded that the marine mammals have returned to pre-spill numbers a quarter century after the disaster.
NEW DELHI - For six years in a row, India's monopoly coal producer has missed its production targets, leading to chronic electricity shortages and sending power producers scrambling for pricier imports. But what looks like a looming crisis could turn out to be an almost accidental energy overhaul.
MONCKS CORNER, South Carolina - Inside pits containing 1.7 million tons of coal ash at the Jefferies Generating Station, the hydraulic arm of a big orange excavator scooped up the toxic gray sludge and dropped it into the back of a dump truck.
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - A judge on Thursday upheld the results of a bitterly disputed election in the city and county of Broomfield that narrowly approved a five-year ban on fracking.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Turns out the worst state for carbon dioxide emissions per person isn't smoggy California or bustling New York, but a place famous for its big, clear skies: Wyoming.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An Illinois pollution panel is gathering public input on proposed rules that would require stricter monitoring of groundwater near coal-ash ponds throughout the state.
CHICAGO - The Citizens Utility Board is urging consumers to conserve energy and participate in efficiency programs offered by utilities as the cost of natural gas increases.