- Officials gather in ND to discuss new EPA rules Updated: Apr-16-14 4:06 pm
- Southern agrees to coal research with Chinese firm Updated: Apr-15-14 5:46 pm
- Senators back state management of carbon emissions Updated: Apr-15-14 4:28 pm
- Court upholds EPA emission standards Updated: Apr-15-14 4:08 pm
- Manchin urges mines to speak out about coal Updated: Apr-15-14 3:46 pm
- Top Democratic lawmaker backs off 'carbon tax' Updated: Apr-14-14 7:49 pm
- Cleanup set to begin at site of Pa. derailment Updated: Apr-14-14 7:07 pm
- Conn. fracking waste moratorium bill progresses Updated: Apr-14-14 5:59 pm
- FutureGen signs deal with construction unions Updated: Apr-14-14 4:40 pm
- Couple gets $1.3M in wind turbine settlement Updated: Apr-14-14 1:37 pm
- Branstad awards funds to 2 renewable fuel sites Updated: Apr-14-14 1:03 pm
- Deal signs law extended tax-free shopping holidays Updated: Apr-14-14 12:46 pm
- Energy efficiency projects coming to 10 schools Updated: Apr-14-14 4:07 am
- Tribe banks on syrup for sweet relief from poverty Updated: Apr-13-14 9:29 pm
- Cost of fighting warming 'modest,' says UN panel Updated: Apr-13-14 5:46 pm
- California to see surge in oil brought in by rail Updated: Apr-13-14 4:10 pm
- Kansas wind energy faces obstacles despite gains Updated: Apr-13-14 2:22 pm
- Energy Department seeks methane hydrate proposals Updated: Apr-13-14 12:14 pm
- Heitkamp finds identity as Obama energy critic Updated: Apr-13-14 10:29 am
- Group: Install air monitors to study frack sand Updated: Apr-12-14 6:55 pm
- NPS seeks comment on Lamar Ranch proposal Updated: Apr-12-14 4:07 pm
- Report gives Honolulu high ranking for solar Updated: Apr-12-14 12:04 pm
- Ohio geologists link small quakes to fracking Updated: Apr-11-14 7:38 pm
- UN panel shows who's responsible for CO2 emissions Updated: Apr-11-14 10:22 am
- 4 Tennessee groups win Energy Star awards Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota Gov. Jack Dalrymple on Wednesday signaled a potential legal challenge to proposed federal rules aimed at cutting carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants and oil refineries.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Southern Co. says it has signed a deal with a state-owned Chinese coal and energy company to work together to develop coal technologies, based in part on the coal gasification and carbon capture technology that Southern subsidiary Mississippi Power Co. is deploying at the $5 billion Kemper County power plant.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana could have its own, less stringent plan for implementing the Environmental Protection Agency's limits on carbon dioxide emissions, under a proposal that got the approval Tuesday of the Senate Environmental Quality Committee.
WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld the Environmental Protection Agency's first emission standards for mercury and other hazardous air pollutants from coal- and oil-fired power plants.
DENVER - The Democratic senator leading the battle against the White House's strategy to fight climate change urged the mining industry on Tuesday to speak out about coal's role in providing affordable, reliable electricity to the country to help combat strict new emissions rules for coal-fired power plants.
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Senate leader on Monday backed off an unpopular proposal for a so-called carbon tax on consumer fuels and instead wants to dedicate billions of dollars generated by California's greenhouse gas reduction law to affordable housing, mass transit and high-speed rail.
MOUNT BETHEL, Pennsylvania - Cleanup is scheduled to begin Tuesday at the site of a train derailment in northeastern Pennsylvania.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that would ban the storage or disposal of waste from fracking in Connecticut is moving through the General Assembly.
JACKSONVILLE, Illinois - The coal-industry group working with the Department of Energy to build the FutureGen clean-coal project says it has signed deals with 17 unions ahead of construction.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A Vermont couple whose Northeast Kingdom farm became a focal point in the fight against construction of a 21-turbine industrial wind project on Lowell Mountain said Monday that they were selling their 540-acre farm to Green Mountain Power for $1.3 million.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad has awarded grants to two fueling sites in an effort to expand access higher blends of ethanol and biodiesel.
ATLANTA - Georgians can count on at least two more years of tax-free shopping holidays for school items and energy-efficient appliances.
DETROIT - The Detroit Public Schools will spend $150,000 in energy tax credits to plan and design energy efficiency projects in 10 buildings.
PRENTISS TOWNSHIP, Maine - The members of the Passamaquoddy tribe have looked under their feet for a bottled water plant and have turned to the sky for a wind farm. But it's the forest that will be the first to deliver as the impoverished tribe seeks to become one of the biggest maple syrup operations in Maine.
BERLIN - The cost of keeping global warming in check is "relatively modest," but only if the world acts quickly to reverse the buildup of heat-trapping gases in the atmosphere, the head of the U.N.'s expert panel on climate change said Sunday.
VENTURA, California - California is preparing for an oil boom - brought in on rail cars.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Despite recent gains in wind energy production in Kansas, experts worry that trouble could be looming for the industry.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The U.S. Department of Energy is soliciting for another round of research into methane hydrates, the potentially huge energy source of "frozen gas" that could step in for shortages of other fossil fuels.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's energy policies lack "consistency." His rhetoric may be all-of-the-above but that is "not what we see."
WINONA, Minnesota - A Winona environmental group is recommending that air monitors be installed around the city to measure the effect that the processing and shipping of sand used in fracking has on air quality.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - The National Park Service is seeking public comment on some proposed infrastructure improvements at the historic Lamar Buffalo Ranch in Yellowstone National Park.
HONOLULU - A national report ranks Honolulu first among major U.S. cities for the amount of solar energy systems installed per capita.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Geologists in Ohio have for the first time linked earthquakes in a geologic formation deep under the Appalachians to hydraulic fracturing, leading the state to issue new permit conditions Friday in certain areas that are among the nation's strictest.
BERLIN - The U.N.'s expert panel on climate change is preparing a new report this weekend outlining the cuts in greenhouse gases, mainly CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels, required in coming decades to keep global warming in check.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Four groups in Tennessee have been awarded 2014 Energy Star awards from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Energy Department.