- Female goalie Szabados signing with men's team Updated: Mar-07-14 9:05 pm
- Gopher women's hockey team invited to White House Updated: Mar-07-14 8:30 pm
- Minnesota's Brandt among Patty Kaz top 3 finalists Updated: Mar-06-14 4:14 pm
- UND honoring Lamoureux hockey sisters Updated: Mar-06-14 1:30 pm
- Olympic women's goalie practices with Oilers Updated: Mar-05-14 6:58 pm
- Billie Jean King: On Sochi Olympics, gay rights Updated: Mar-01-14 4:51 pm
- Bona, Brandt among Patty Kazmaier Award finalists Updated: Feb-27-14 8:56 pm
- Nyquist scores in OT, Red Wings edge Canadiens 2-1 Updated: Feb-26-14 11:56 pm
- NBC's Olympics: The eyes have it Updated: Feb-23-14 6:38 pm
- Hockey-crazed Canadians celebrate Olympic gold Updated: Feb-23-14 12:29 pm
- Column: A pop quiz for things learned in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 12:15 pm
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- Analysis: Sochi Games, winding down: an assessment Updated: Feb-22-14 12:46 pm
- Olympic women's hockey showed improvement in Sochi Updated: Feb-22-14 4:54 am
- SOCHI SCENE: USA-Canada showdown a dud Updated: Feb-21-14 2:15 pm
- Hockey's Chu to carry US flag at closing ceremony Updated: Feb-21-14 7:58 am
- Day after collapse, US women try to enjoy silver Updated: Feb-21-14 7:51 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Wickenheiser's plans Updated: Feb-21-14 7:26 am
- A different Olympics on TVs across the world Updated: Feb-21-14 5:56 am
- Olympic hockey outcome so far: Harper 1, Obama 0 Updated: Feb-20-14 6:17 pm
- US women lose hockey gold in heartbreaking fashion Updated: Feb-20-14 5:51 pm
- Canada women beat US 3-2 in OT for Olympic gold Updated: Feb-20-14 4:50 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Bolshoy quiets down Updated: Feb-20-14 12:42 pm
- Swiss women beat Sweden 4-3 for Olympic bronze Updated: Feb-20-14 11:16 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Switzerland celebrates bronze Updated: Feb-20-14 10:00 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Canadian women's goalie Shannon Szabados has agreed to a contract with the Columbus Cottonmouths of the Southern Professional Hockey League.
MINNEAPOLIS - President Barack Obama has invited the University of Minnesota women's hockey team to the White House.
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota sophomore forward Hannah Brandt is among three finalists for the 2014 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award.
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota is honoring former hockey standouts Monique and Jocelyne Lamoureux (LAM'-uh-roo).
EDMONTON, Alberta - Olympic champion women's goalie Shannon Szabados took the ice with the Edmonton Oilers at practice Wednesday.
NEW YORK - Billie Jean King's taxi ride home after the Sochi Olympics included a revelation.
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's Rachael Bona and Hannah Brandt are among 10 finalists for the 2014 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award.
NBC Universal's Sochi performance is partly measured in gold, too.
TORONTO - Hockey-crazed Canadians from coast to coast thought nothing of an early morning start and streamed into bars on Sunday to watch and celebrate Team Canada capturing Olympic gold.
SOCHI, Russia - You've just spent two weeks of your life watching things you won't even think about for another four years.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
SOCHI, Russia - For organization, the Sochi Games deserve a solid 7 marks out of 10. Unless, of course, you had to shower in cold, brown water in an unfinished mountain hotel and griped about it to #SochiProblems on Twitter.
SOCHI, Russia - A five-time Olympian, Hayley Wickenheiser has been representing Canada in the Winter Games ever since women's hockey was added to the program.
SOCHI, Russia - The men's hockey showdown between Canada and the United States didn't pack the punch that most were hoping for when the game began.
SOCHI, Russia - Four-time Olympian Julie Chu will carry the U.S. flag at the closing ceremony of the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Silver medals around their necks.
SOCHI, Russia - After winning her fourth gold medal in women's hockey, Canada's Hayley Wickenheiser says she needs a break. But don't think that means the 35-year-old forward is finished.
In Sweden, commentators have fun with Norway's misfortunes. The Dutch can't get enough of their speedskaters. Japan is so crazy about figure skating they show warmups. Canada is hockey crazy, Russia struggles to stay positive even when things look down and the U.S. salutes its stars with the national anthem as it's time to go to bed.
WASHINGTON - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is ready for the icy cold one President Barack Obama promised him.
SOCHI, Russia - A two-goal lead blown in the final four minutes. A long shot that clanged off the post of an empty net. Two perplexing penalties in overtime, setting up a golden goal for Canada.
SOCHI, Russia - The puck skittered the length of the ice on its way toward the empty Canadian net before clanging off the post and stopping in front of the crease.
SOCHI, Russia - The gold medal game in women's hockey is one of the most anticipated matchups of the Sochi Games, a showdown between the two dominant powers in the sport - the United States and Canada.
SOCHI, Russia - The losing didn't bother the Swiss women's hockey team, even as it was slogging through the round-robin without a victory and finishing last in its group.
SOCHI, Russia - The way the Switzerland women's hockey team was euphorically celebrating their victory, and the way the Swedes were crestfallen in defeat, you would have thought that the two teams were playing in the Olympic gold medal game.