- Facebook post costs newly hired Neb stadium announcer job Updated: Sep-01-15 7:11 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A months-old Facebook post has cost the Nebraska football stadium announcer his job one day after his hiring was announced.
- Don Orsillo out as Red Sox's TV announcer after season Updated: Aug-26-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Don Orsillo is out as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice after this season.
- New Jersey radio host Pinky Kravitz retires after 59 years Updated: Aug-26-15 4:31 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A longtime New Jersey radio broadcaster and tireless Atlantic City booster is retiring after 59 years on the air.
- Clovis takes leading role with Trump campaign Updated: Aug-26-15 11:16 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Former talk radio host Sam Clovis wasn't without a Republican presidential campaign for long.
- With Dalrymple out, speculation begins on next ND governor Updated: Aug-25-15 7:13 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Gov. Jack Dalrymple's announcement that he won't seek a second full term sets off a potential scramble to replace him. Here's a rundown of who's who among the potential hopefuls on both the Republican and Democratic sides:
- TuneIn radio app starts $8 tier with MLB, soccer, audiobooks Updated: Aug-25-15 1:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - TuneIn, the app that gives users free access to thousands of live radio stations around the world, is launching an $8-a-month premium subscription service that throws in ad-free listening, audiobooks and live play-by-play coverage of Major League Baseball and soccer from the Premier League and the Bundesliga.
- Magic Valley radio stations adapt as tastes change Updated: Aug-22-15 9:38 am
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - These days radio is a lot more than playing songs on a request line.
- Cowboys concerned with 49ers' turf for preseason game Updated: Aug-21-15 8:24 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested Friday that the Cowboys could sit quarterback Tony Romo and other starters for a preseason game in San Francisco over concerns with the troublesome turf at Levi's Stadium.
- Ex-coach Barnett returning to CU as football radio analyst Updated: Aug-21-15 4:53 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Gary Barnett is returning to the University of Colorado as a football radio analyst.
- Rdio enables saving of tracks from 500 live radio stations Updated: Aug-11-15 10:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Rdio, the music subscription service backed by Skype co-founder Janus Friis, is partnering to bring simulcasts of 500 traditional radio stations to its app in the U.S.
- Women push for equality, and quality, in country music Updated: Aug-11-15 2:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Leslie Fram started seeing the problems that women were facing in country music when she came to Nashville four years ago to lead CMT's music strategy division.
- Buddy Baker, NASCAR's 'Gentle Giant,' dies at 74 Updated: Aug-10-15 11:02 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Buddy Baker, who won the 1980 Daytona 500 and at 6-foot-6 was NASCAR's "Gentle Giant," died Monday. He was 74.
- London Marathon 'very concerned' by doping claims Updated: Aug-09-15 11:42 am
London Marathon organizers complained about the lack of transparency and coordination in the handling of anti-doping tests following claims by a British Sunday newspaper that the race was won seven times over a 12-year period by athletes who recorded suspicious blood scores.