- Pro sports becoming more open to paternity leave Updated: Apr-14-14 10:23 am
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show Updated: Apr-10-14 7:49 pm
- Sports Business Radio celebrates 10th anniversary Updated: Apr-10-14 6:24 pm
- Sports talk radio show on LGBT issues to debut Updated: Apr-09-14 6:50 pm
- Playground in Va. could honor slain music teacher Updated: Apr-05-14 4:08 pm
- Ball State, ex-classmates share Letterman tales Updated: Apr-05-14 3:45 pm
- Q&A: Steve Coogan on 23 years of Alan Partridge Updated: Apr-04-14 11:43 am
- Rowland says he's leaving Conn. radio show Updated: Apr-03-14 7:38 pm
- Review: Coogan takes his Partridge to big screen Updated: Apr-02-14 10:13 am
- Rogers, GOP hawk, quitting Congress for radio show Updated: Mar-28-14 8:51 pm
- US Rep. Rogers' radio show to be with Cumulus Updated: Mar-28-14 8:13 am
- Review: Niemann's 'High Noon' a personal showdown Updated: Mar-24-14 12:08 pm
- Liberia talk show host charged with terrorism Updated: Mar-23-14 11:59 am
- Judge tosses lawsuit by radio host 'Piolin' Updated: Mar-20-14 4:58 pm
- Cajun band to tour mainland China Updated: Mar-19-14 6:26 am
Tony Perez was on the road with the Cincinnati Reds in 1966 when he got the call that his first child was on the way. There was no discussion about leaving the team to attend Victor's birth, no such thing as paternity leave.
NEW YORK - CBS moved swiftly Thursday to replace the retiring David Letterman with Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert, who will take over the "Late Show" next year and do battle with Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel for late-night television supremacy.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Sports Business Radio was launched on a local AM radio station in Portland 10 years ago. The idea for the weekly hour-long talk show was to look at sports from the business perspective, which was somewhat of a niche beat at the time.
NEW YORK - The premiere of "The Outfield" this weekend on satellite radio will open with a discussion of Derrick Gordon, the UMass guard who on Wednesday became the first openly gay Division I men's basketball player.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A group of Alexandria residents wants to name a new playground in honor of a music teacher who was fatally shot in February.
MUNCIE, Indiana - A gawky, lanky Ball State freshman by the name of David Letterman walked up to senior WBST student program director Al Rent in 1965 and told him the radio station needed to change its format.
NEW YORK - Steve Coogan has been playing Alan Partridge, his vain, tasteless British radio host, for 23 years.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Connecticut Gov. John G. Rowland, identified in federal court as a co-conspirator in a campaign finance fraud case, signed off from his afternoon radio talk show Thursday, saying he's leaving the station to "take care of some personal issues."
LOS ANGELES - Comedian Steve Coogan steps back into his comfort zone with this first feature-length outing for his long-running signature character, Alan Partridge, a satirical creation born over 20 years ago on BBC radio and television. "Alan Partridge" is a sharply scripted comic thriller that playfully references Hollywood blueprints with the same affectionate irony that Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright use in their trans-Atlantic genre homages. There are subtle allusions to "Dog Day Afternoon," ''Die Hard" and "Falling Down" here, drawing comic energy from the pointed contrast between these big-city thrillers and this film's cozy setting in the sleepy provincial English city of Norwich.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Mike Rogers, the brash-talking Republican security hawk who has criticized the Obama administration yet commanded uncommon bipartisan support as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said Friday he was retiring from Congress next year.
DETROIT - Seven-term Republican Congressman Mike Rogers of Michigan's new radio show will be with Atlanta-based Cumulus Media.
Jerrod Niemann, "High Noon" (Arista Nashville)
MONROVIA, Liberia - The lawyer for a Liberian radio talk show host says his client has been arrested and charged with terrorism after challenging the president's son to a fight on the air.
LOS ANGELES - A judge has dismissed a lawsuit Spanish-language radio host Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo filed against six former Univision employees accusing them of a $4.9 million extortion plot and false accusations of sexual harassment and workplace humiliation.
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans-based public radio program "American Routes" has organized the first tour by a Louisiana French band to mainland China.