- Dodgers radio announcers Monday and Steiner sign new deals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner have signed multi-year deals to continue their 12-year partnership on the team's flagship radio station.
- In Internet age, pirate radio arises as surprising challenge Updated: Apr-27-16 1:40 pm
IRVINGTON, New Jersey - In the age of podcasts and streaming services, you might think pirate radio is low on the list of concerns of federal lawmakers and broadcasters. You'd be wrong.
- AP Source: Mike Tirico leaving ESPN this summer for NBC Updated: Apr-25-16 6:51 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Mike Tirico is leaving ESPN and ABC Sports this summer when his contract expires to work for NBC, a person familiar with the move told The Associated Press on Monday.
- Winners announced in 2015 Illinois AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-23-16 9:05 pm
CHICAGO - Winners of the Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association contest were announced Saturday in Springfield.
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- Cave City attraction sells at auction for $295,000 Updated: Apr-21-16 4:11 am
CAVE CITY, Kentucky - A south-central Kentucky country music radio station owner has bought a closed recreational park in Cave City.
- Maine Public Broadcasting Network to offer classical station Updated: Apr-20-16 12:51 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Public Broadcasting Network plans to launch a separate classical music service this spring.
- Budget cuts a topic as Edwards launches radio call-in show Updated: Apr-19-16 8:35 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Budget cuts were on the minds of many callers seeking to speak with Gov. John Bel Edwards on Tuesday as he launched his monthly radio call-in show.
- Iowa native part of Milwaukee Brewers' radio broadcast team Updated: Apr-17-16 5:07 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An Iowa native is enjoying being part of the Milwaukee Brewers' radio broadcast team.
- Leicester's hometown broadcaster is at a loss for words Updated: Apr-16-16 9:53 am
NEW YORK - Arlo White still has the program from the first match he went to at Filbert Street, when he was 5 and his father took him to Leicester's 1-1 draw against Stoke in an April 1979 second-division match.
- Huron school sports facilities getting $2.5 million upgrade Updated: Apr-14-16 12:27 pm
HURON, South Dakota - The Huron School District is spending $2.5 million on sports facility upgrades.
- Former Detroit Tigers broadcaster Paul Carey dies at 88 Updated: Apr-13-16 11:55 am
DETROIT - Paul Carey, a radio broadcaster whose accounts of Detroit Tigers games captivated sports fans for nearly two decades, has died. He was 88.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Goodbye, Lake Wobegon: 'Prairie Home' is getting a new host Updated: Apr-12-16 6:54 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - No more Guy Noir, Private Eye. No more tales of Dusty and Lefty, the luckless cowboys. And no more weekly "News From Lake Wobegon," the imaginary Minnesota town famous for strong women, good-looking men and above-average children.
- New Orleans Saints radio analyst Howard Gajan dead at 56 Updated: Apr-12-16 3:29 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The color analyst of New Orleans Saints radio broadcasts and a former Saints player, Howard "Hokie" Gajan, has died. He was 56.
- Chicago radio personality Doug Banks dies at age 57 Updated: Apr-12-16 12:50 am
CHICAGO - Nationally syndicated radio host Doug Banks, a longtime fixture in Chicago radio and television, died early Monday at age 57.
- Ed Snider, founder of Philadelphia Flyers, dies at 83 Updated: Apr-11-16 3:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ed Snider was weakened by cancer, the disease that kept him from his beloved Philadelphia Flyers.
- List of TV winners in 2015-2016 Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-09-16 10:13 pm
AUSTIN: March 26, 2015 TELEVISION WINNERS
- Tennessee AP announces 2016 college journalism winners Updated: Apr-09-16 2:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Here are the winners in the 2016 Tennessee Associated Press Broadcasters and Media Editors' annual college media contest. The awards were presented Saturday at the John Seigenthaler Center at Vanderbilt University.
- New 32-year-old White Sox broadcaster manages cerebral palsy Updated: Apr-08-16 2:13 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - It happened more than a decade ago, but journalism professor John Nicholson vividly remembers criticizing verb tenses used by the sports department of Syracuse University's radio station and the intense stare he got from Jason Benetti in return.
- Winners in Minnesota AP broadcast contest Updated: Apr-07-16 8:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Winners in the 2015 Minnesota Associated Press Broadcasters news contest. Awards will be presented Friday night at the annual AP banquet at the Midwest Journalism Conference in Bloomington.
- New single by Phife to air Tuesday on Beats 1 Radio Updated: Apr-04-16 4:56 pm
NEW YORK - A new single by Phife Dawg, who died last month, is coming out Tuesday, with portions of the proceeds going to charity.
- Acme Radio seeks to expose 'Nashville's underbelly' Updated: Apr-02-16 1:43 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - If Acme Feed and Seed is the Lower Broadway music venue for locals and millennials, then its recently launched Internet radio station, Acme Radio, is hoping to become the platform that exposes "Nashville's underbelly" to the rest of the world.
- Beth Mowins replaces O'Brien as voice of women's Final 4 Updated: Apr-01-16 7:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A last-minute change will give ESPN its first all-female broadcast crew for the women's Final Four.