- Legendary receiver at Jackson State, Willie Richardson, dies Updated: Feb-09-16 7:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson State legendary wide receiver Willie Richardson has died.
- Witness in ex-CBC host assault trial says she misled police Updated: Feb-08-16 8:31 pm
TORONTO - The third witness at the sexual assault trial of a former Canadian Broadcast Corp. radio host acknowledged that she deliberately misled police when she didn't tell them that she had engaged in some sexual activity with him after the alleged assault took place.
- Chillin' with a special recipe for the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A game 50 years in the making deserves a meal that can measure up, or at least try.
- Canadian actress says she sent flowers despite being choked Updated: Feb-04-16 7:11 pm
TORONTO - A television actress testified Thursday that she sent a former Canadian Broadcast Corp. radio host flowers after spending a weekend with him where he choked her and slapped her across the face.
- Former German soccer president wins preliminary court ruling Updated: Feb-02-16 2:59 pm
DUESSELDORF, Germany - The former president of the German soccer federation can continue to refer to Qatar as a "cancerous growth of world football" - at least until a final ruling by a German court.
- McCollum expands his media career while inspiring kids Updated: Feb-01-16 7:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - While many athletes figure they'll pursue media careers after their playing days are over, Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum sees no reason why he can't have it all now.
- Coach says Lionel Messi will skip Rio de Janeiro Olympics Updated: Feb-01-16 6:14 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Lionel Messi will skip the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in six months because his coach Gerardo Martino says he needs some rest.
- Buddy Cianci, dominant in Rhode Island politics, dies at 74 Updated: Jan-29-16 12:47 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Former Mayor Buddy Cianci, the wisecracking political rogue who presided over the revitalization of Providence during two stints in office cut short by criminal charges and a prison sentence for corruption, died Thursday. He was 74.
- Chicago Blackhawks, WGN Radio extend contract to 2023-2024 Updated: Jan-28-16 10:30 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Blackhawks and WGN Radio have agreed to a five-year broadcast rights holder extension.
- Legendary NASCAR broadcaster Barney Hall dies at 83 Updated: Jan-27-16 1:27 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Barney Hall, whose folksy delivery brought NASCAR racing to life for radio listeners across the country for more than five decades, died late Tuesday. He was 83.
- UK official: IAAF ethics body looking at '17, '19 worlds Updated: Jan-26-16 2:40 pm
LONDON - Qatar's bids for the 2017 and 2019 world athletics championships have been referred to the IAAF ethics commission for bribery allegations to be investigated, the head of UK Athletics said on Tuesday.
- Real-life drama playing out in fight radio pioneer's fortune Updated: Jan-24-16 11:24 am
Himan Brown might have titled it: "The Brouhaha Over the $100 Million Estate."
- Ennio Morricone music has starring role in Tarantino film Updated: Jan-21-16 1:02 pm
NEW YORK - All Ennio Morricone asked of Quentin Tarantino, after committing to score his new Western, "The Hateful Eight," was that the director feature his music prominently and give it the space needed to convey its message.
- Man in custody after 2 Gary-area women found strangled Updated: Jan-18-16 6:48 pm
GARY, Indiana - A former radio talk show host and her adult daughter were found strangled and beaten to death in and near their home, and a man who had worked for the victims was taken into custody in northwestern Ohio, authorities said Monday.
- What to do about the on-field misconduct in NFL Updated: Jan-16-16 8:13 pm
Memories etched in the minds of NFL fans should be of spectacular catches, clean open-field tackles, perfect throws and precise kicks.
- Sportscaster Jim Simpson dies at 88; worked for NBC, ESPN Updated: Jan-13-16 3:35 pm
BRISTOL, Connecticut - Sportscaster Jim Simpson has died. He was 88.
- Book looks at Sam Phillips' career, early days in Alabama Updated: Jan-12-16 8:59 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - The legacy of Sam Phillips is inextricably tied to Memphis, Tennessee, and his Sun Records and studio. But Phillips' Alabama hometown holds the key to understanding the man who gave the world rock 'n' roll.