- Lakers plan to sign Lou Williams, Brandon Bass Updated: Jul-05-15 8:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Lakers say they plan to sign guard Lou Williams, last season's Sixth Man of the Year, and forward Brandon Bass.
- Winslow asked to do a little of everything for Heat Updated: Jul-05-15 1:32 pm
Before ever seeing him in a Miami uniform, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra was already putting a fairly high expectation on the shoulders of rookie forward Justise Winslow.
- Shyatt hopes to play 9 or 10 players consistently in 2015-16 Updated: Jul-05-15 1:12 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - By the time the trees start to change colors and basketball season begins, Larry Shyatt hopes to begin formulating a plan to allocate playing time.
- Marshall's new academic center a boost for student-athletes Updated: Jul-05-15 10:10 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - When Marshall athletic director Mike Hamrick first returned to the university in that job, the former Thundering Herd linebacker asked where student-athletes went for tutoring, computer labs and academic advising. He didn't like what he saw.
- AP source: Kings, Koufos agree to 4-year, $33 million deal Updated: Jul-05-15 12:32 am
A day after locking up a pair of guards, the Sacramento Kings invested in their front court.
- Durant: 'I can't wait to play the game I love again' Updated: Jul-04-15 6:14 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Kevin Durant says next summer can wait.
- LaMarcus Aldridge chooses the San Antonio Spurs Updated: Jul-04-15 5:32 pm
LaMarcus Aldridge got the answers he needed from the San Antonio Spurs.
- AP sources: Pelicans bring back Cunningham on 3-year deal Updated: Jul-04-15 5:00 pm
NEW ORLEANS - People familiar with the negotiations say the New Orleans Pelicans and forward Dante Cunningham have agreed on a three-year contract extension worth about $9 million.
- Hammon says she's thankful for chance to coach summer Spurs Updated: Jul-04-15 3:45 pm
Becky Hammon had known for some time that she was going to be coaching San Antonio's summer league team in Las Vegas.
- For NBA rookies, summer league merely first step Updated: Jul-04-15 3:39 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Barely a year ago, Justise Winslow and Myles Turner were high school players.
- AP source: Magic agree to new 4-year deal with Tobias Harris Updated: Jul-04-15 1:45 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A person with knowledge of the details says Tobias Harris has agreed to sign a new contract to remain with the Orlando Magic.
- NBA summer referees wearing headsets, will use replay Updated: Jul-04-15 12:39 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Referees in the NBA summer leagues will be wearing headsets and replay reviews will be used during games.
- Rockets bringing back spark plugs Brewer, Beverley Updated: Jul-03-15 11:45 pm
Daryl Morey didn't let the market dry up while he was waiting to hear from another star free agent about coming to Houston.
- AP source: Derrick Williams agrees to 2 years with Knicks Updated: Jul-03-15 11:00 pm
Derrick Williams is headed to New York looking for another chance to fulfill the promise he once showed.
- AP sources: Kings agree to deals with Rondo, Belinelli Updated: Jul-03-15 8:50 pm
After missing targets at the start of free agency, the Sacramento Kings finally filled out their backcourt Friday.
- AP source: Knicks agree to deal with center Robin Lopez Updated: Jul-03-15 8:15 pm
NEW YORK - Robin Lopez is joining the Knicks, turning New York's NBA rivalry into a family affair.
- Wizards agree to $2.1M, 1-year deal with SG Gary Neal Updated: Jul-03-15 6:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Free-agent shooting guard Gary Neal has agreed to a $2.1 million, one-year contract with the Washington Wizards.
- With Dragic and Wade back, Heat moving forward Updated: Jul-03-15 6:35 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - On the first day of free agency, Goran Dragic committed to return.
- AP sources: Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan agree to 4-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 5:35 pm
DALLAS - DeAndre Jordan has chosen the Mavericks over the Los Angeles Clippers in what turned into a tense boom-or-bust wait for Dallas in pursuit of the free-agent center.
- NBA transitions from free agency fury to summer league games Updated: Jul-03-15 3:28 pm
NBA teams are now turning their attention to youngsters and player development with summer leagues set to tip off after executives and owners around the league agreed to shell out millions of dollars to veteran free agents this week in an attempt to improve their immediate lot.
- NBA player returns to Ames for holiday parade Updated: Jul-03-15 7:56 am
AMES, Iowa - An Ames native and member of the NBA champion Golden State Warriors is serving as grand marshal for his hometown's Fourth of July parade.
- AP source: Matthews, Mavs reach agreement on 4-year contract Updated: Jul-03-15 1:35 am
DALLAS - Free agent guard Wesley Matthews and the Mavericks have agreed on a four-year deal with financial terms that will depend on whether center DeAndre Jordan decides to join him in Dallas.
- AP Source: Suns send 3 to Detroit for pick Updated: Jul-03-15 1:35 am
- AP Source: Blazers reach 5-year $120M-plus deal with Lillard Updated: Jul-03-15 12:50 am
When Damian Lillard agreed to a new maximum contract extension with the Trail Blazers on Thursday, it may have been the beginning of a changing of the guard in Portland.
- AP Interview: Wade chooses to stay with Heat Updated: Jul-02-15 10:25 pm
MIAMI - After 12 years with the Miami Heat, Dwyane Wade needed a reminder of how much the franchise valued him.