- Juneau hosts coaching seminar on teaching respect Updated: Apr-23-14 5:16 pm
- Oklahoma Senate passes domestic violence measure Updated: Apr-22-14 8:01 pm
- Pregnant woman apparently was stabbed to death Updated: Apr-17-14 7:53 am
- No discussion on SC anti-domestic violence bills Updated: Apr-15-14 8:23 pm
- Grant helps Ohio group fight domestic violence Updated: Apr-11-14 10:52 am
- Connecticut House backs campus assault measure Updated: Apr-10-14 6:58 pm
- SC bills could outlaw abortion, most contraception Updated: Apr-10-14 6:39 pm
- Publishers: Keep sexual assault reports public Updated: Apr-09-14 7:01 pm
- Massachusetts House passes domestic abuse bill Updated: Apr-08-14 7:13 pm
- Mass. DA to host domestic violence conferences Updated: Apr-06-14 6:07 pm
- NC police have new tool for domestic violence Updated: Apr-06-14 11:07 am
- Deal on holding guns during abuse cases in doubt Updated: Apr-02-14 7:03 pm
- Missouri senator sets aside domestic violence bill Updated: Apr-01-14 10:25 pm
- GOP's Baker: Tough anti-violence laws needed Updated: Mar-31-14 7:50 pm
- Number of domestic violence homicides down in NC Updated: Mar-31-14 4:31 pm
- Trip at an end, Obama has issues waiting at home Updated: Mar-29-14 11:14 am
- High court bolsters domestic violence gun ban law Updated: Mar-26-14 2:46 pm
- More domestic violence shelters are taking in pets Updated: Mar-26-14 2:05 am
- Minn. House panel votes to strip abusers of guns Updated: Mar-25-14 5:46 pm
- Grimes calls for victim privacy Updated: Mar-25-14 1:03 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - About 50 coaches, representing nearly every region of Alaska converged on Juneau, to talk about domestic violence.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has approved legislation designed to address Oklahoma's escalating domestic violence issues.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A pregnant Springfield woman who was found dead in her home had reported being a victim of domestic assault several times in the past.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Senate committee on Tuesday postponed discussion of legislation targeting domestic violence in South Carolina because the Senate session ran late.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio nonprofit group will use $250,000 in grant money to create a national online tool to help employers educate their workers to recognize signs of domestic violence.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers overwhelmingly approved legislation Thursday that would overhaul how college and university officials in the state respond to sexual assault and violence on campus.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A state Senate panel advanced legislation Thursday that opponents warn could outlaw abortion and emergency contraception in South Carolina. The panel also took testimony on a separate bill that would outlaw all abortions and most contraception by giving legal rights to fertilized eggs.
BOSTON - An organization representing Massachusetts newspaper publishers is warning that a portion of a domestic violence bill designed to protect the identities of victims of rape, domestic violence and sexual assault could also shield the alleged perpetrators from public disclosure.
BOSTON - An overhaul of the state's domestic violence laws, including new bail guidelines and tougher penalties for abusers, unanimously cleared the Massachusetts House on Tuesday amid concerns from defense attorneys that the bill was hastily drafted and overly broad.
DEERFIELD, Massachusetts - Northwestern District Attorney David Sullivan will offer two conferences to help employers protect their business and employees from domestic violence.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two of North Carolina's largest police departments are using a question-and-answer protocol to determine the danger level of domestic-violence victims and get them help more quickly than in the past.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A measure to address longstanding concerns that police in Vermont lack space to store guns being held in domestic abuse cases appeared in jeopardy Wednesday as a Senate committee discussed whether the underlying practice is constitutional.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Democratic senator has set aside a bill guaranteeing time off work for domestic violence victims after Republicans removed a section they said could have led to lawsuits against businesses.
BOSTON - Republican gubernatorial candidate Charlie Baker says Massachusetts needs to do more to support victims of domestic violence including stiffening penalties for abusers, educating judges and making pepper sprays more readily available.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The number of domestic violence homicides in North Carolina dropped by 14 in 2013, to 108, with the most victims killed in Guilford County, the state's attorney general said Monday.
RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany - A week of international prodding, outreach and reassurance behind him, U.S. President Barack Obama is returning to Washington amid looming domestic and foreign challenges, from a fast-approaching deadline for health care enrollment to renewed worries about Russia's intentions in Eastern Europe.
WASHINGTON - People convicted of minor domestic violence offenses can be barred from possessing guns even in states where no proof of physical violence is required to support the domestic violence charge, the Supreme Court ruled Wednesday.
NEW YORK - A shelter in New York City quietly harbors domestic violence survivors, their children and - now - their pets.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A measure to bar domestic abusers from having guns passed a House committee Tuesday as supporters testified it would make victims safer.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes launched a program on Tuesday aimed at keeping the addresses of domestic violence and sexual assault victims out of publicly available voter records.