- Aiken deputies told not to make domestic violence arrests Updated: Jul-31-15 12:26 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - An Aiken County Sheriff's captain has instructed deputies not to file domestic violence charges unless the victim cooperates, citing a new law aimed at stemming South Carolina's persistently high rates of domestic abuse.
- Father of school shooter pleads not guilty to gun charges Updated: Jul-23-15 4:30 pm
SEATTLE - The father of the Washington state teenager who fatally shot four high school classmates and then himself in October pleaded not guilty in federal court on Thursday to five new firearms charges.
- New Arkansas laws aimed at helping domestic violence victims Updated: Jul-20-15 4:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas law enforcement officers will be required to ask domestic violence victims a series of questions to determine their risk of being killed, and must provide the victims a card with information about assistance and their rights under new laws taking effect this week.
- SEC moves ahead alone on tougher transfer rules Updated: Jul-16-15 2:35 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - The Southeastern Conference has taken the high road when it comes to domestic violence, aiming to keep alleged abusers off their rosters even if it means they land in a rival league.
- Illinois House takes no action on additional appropriation Updated: Jul-15-15 6:06 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on the last day of lawmakers' deadline to override Gov. Bruce Rauner's budget veto. (All times local):
- Connecticut family violence task force formed Updated: Jul-15-15 4:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut legislators are forming a new task force to examine family violence in Connecticut, including the effects it can have on children.
- Hassan signs bill increasing domestic violence funding Updated: Jul-13-15 2:53 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan has signed a new law to increase the state's marriage license fee by $5 and begin fining domestic violence offenders.
- Prosecutors say Utah man stalked wife over email for 9 years Updated: Jul-07-15 1:02 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Prosecutors say a Utah man stalked his wife for nine years by sending her up to 40 harassing emails a day.
- W.Va. projects aimed at halting domestic violence get grants Updated: Jul-07-15 3:09 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Federal funding has been awarded for projects aimed at stopping domestic violence in West Virginia.