- Bears release Ray McDonald after arrest in California Updated: May-26-15 1:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The Chicago Bears released defensive end Ray McDonald following a domestic violence arrest in Northern California that police say stemmed from an assault on a woman who was holding a baby.
- Senate passes bill keeping domestic abusers from having guns Updated: May-21-15 9:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate approved a measure on Thursday aimed at making it harder for people convicted of domestic violence or under a restraining order to keep their firearms.
- Judge dismissed domestic violence charges against Ray Rice Updated: May-21-15 12:10 pm
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - A judge on Thursday dismissed domestic violence charges against Ray Rice, who was captured by a surveillance camera knocking his then-fiancee unconscious in a hotel elevator last year.
- Hawaii Legislature chips away at reforming police forces Updated: May-21-15 12:37 am
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers had hopes for rebuilding public trust in the state's police departments, but a number of bills that aimed to initiate reforms died during the 2015 session.
- SC legislators expect to pass domestic violence compromise Updated: May-20-15 8:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Legislature appears poised to pass a bill aimed at stemming South Carolina's persistently high rates of domestic violence, after weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations between a handful of House and Senate members.
- Batterers shown new ways to relate, but will they change? Updated: May-09-15 1:40 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - On a recent Wednesday night, Willis Manshell Miller climbed the stairs to the second floor of a Downtown office building and took a seat in the front row of a windowless room for the batterers class.
- Governor signs bill aiming to help domestic violence victims Updated: May-08-15 4:15 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governor signed legislation Friday to expand unemployment insurance benefits to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking.
- Sandoval signs bipartisan domestic violence prevention bill Updated: May-07-15 8:26 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval has signed a bill aimed at educating the public about domestic violence protection.
- Branstad signs address confidentiality program for victims Updated: May-07-15 1:29 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has signed a bill into law that will allow victims of domestic abuse and other crimes to keep their home address private through a mail-forwarding program.
- Domestic violence victim files federal civil rights lawsuit Updated: May-05-15 10:07 am
FRESNO, California - A domestic violence victim is suing her ex-boyfriend for federal civil rights violations.
- Maine getting $860,722 to help domestic violence victims Updated: May-05-15 4:31 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families will award grants totaling $860,722 to help Maine domestic violence victims.
- Nearly $3M awarded to Ohio to help domestic violence victims Updated: May-03-15 4:06 am
WASHINGTON - The federal government has awarded nearly $3 million to help support victims of domestic violence in Ohio.
- Bills stock up on Florida State Seminoles in NFL draft Updated: May-02-15 8:21 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - General manager Doug Whaley joked the Buffalo Bills could have saved some money on scouting by simply targeting Florida State players.
- Oklahoma awarded $1.3 million for family violence victims Updated: May-01-15 3:23 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - A federal grant of more than $1.3 million has been awarded to Oklahoma to support domestic violence victims in the state and the organizations that support them.
- Bill allowing abuse victims to break lease passes committee Updated: Apr-28-15 6:12 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A Senate legal committee on Tuesday approved a bill that would allow victims of domestic abuse to prematurely break a rental lease to escape an abuser, among other steps that would give victims more leeway with landlords.