- Pittsburgh cops to offer domestic violence surveys Updated: Dec-12-13 8:38 am
- AP Enterprise: Serbia in domestic violence crisis Updated: Dec-10-13 6:14 am
- Program aims to change norms about violence Updated: Dec-08-13 6:21 am
- Records: Slain East St. Louis mom feared for life Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- Chicago starts new domestic violence task force Updated: Dec-03-13 12:28 pm
- Family of slain Mo. woman "get on with living" Updated: Nov-30-13 11:53 am
- Ga. effort afoot to make strangulation a felony Updated: Nov-30-13 9:31 am
- Jury awards $1M to family of W.Va. murder victim Updated: Nov-27-13 1:14 pm
- VP Biden's Chicago visit includes stop at shelter Updated: Nov-25-13 4:55 pm
- KBI report says domestic violence reports up Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 am
- Threat charge for kin of suspect in baby's death Updated: Nov-23-13 1:14 pm
- Study: Nuclear force feeling 'burnout' from work Updated: Nov-21-13 3:26 am
- Conn. men honored for opposing domestic violence Updated: Nov-18-13 3:36 am
- Boston mayor to receive award for public service Updated: Nov-18-13 3:04 am
- Kan. gov announces grants on domestic violence Updated: Nov-14-13 5:05 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police will soon begin asking victims of domestic violence an 11-question survey that seeks to predict the likelihood that the victim could be killed by their partner in the future.
POZAREVAC, Serbia - There was the time he smashed her head against the concrete floor and collected the gushing blood in a bucket, Mica said, apparently just for fun. And the beating that left a wall so splattered the family spent a whole day repainting it. There were the rapes that left her numb and the insults of "whore" that filled her with helpless rage.
JUNEAU, Alaska - You see a man screaming at a woman and a child in public, and things look to be escalating toward violence. The woman uses her body to protect the scared child. You wonder if you should intervene, and if so, how? What do you do?
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Having survived getting her neck cut during a domestic dispute, Michelle Rowling worried her former boyfriend would take her life and considered his latest release from jail an ominous sign. With a few clicks on her keyboard, she told the world.
CHICAGO - Several agencies in Chicago are banding together to address domestic violence in the city.
STE. GENEVIEVE, Missouri - The family of a southeast Missouri mother killed by her estranged husband is trying to move forward after a June plea deal that landed the killer in prison while allowing police to recover her body.
ATHENS, Georgia - A drunken Athens man in May used a key to get into the apartment of the mother of his children. He then choked her after she refused to loan him her vehicle.
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - An attorney says a $1 million damages award stemming from a murder-suicide is a victory for domestic violence victims.
CHICAGO - Vice President Joe Biden's trip to Chicago has included the opening of a domestic violence shelter and a talk with University of Chicago students.
TOPEKA, Kansas - The number of domestic violence incidents in Kansas is at its highest since 1992, according to a Kansas Bureau of Investigation report.
MEDIA, Pennsylvania - The brother of a man charged with killing his girlfriend's baby is now charged with threatening the lead investigator at a suburban Philadelphia courthouse.
WASHINGTON - Key members of the Air Force's nuclear missile force are feeling "burnout" from what they see as exhausting, unrewarding and stressful work, according to an unpublished study obtained by The Associated Press.
CROMWELL, Connecticut - The Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence is honoring 100 men for raising awareness about domestic violence and helping victims.
BOSTON - Mayor Thomas Menino and his wife will receive an award for their work on domestic violence issues.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback's office has awarded grants totaling more than $1 million to 22 groups that help victims of domestic violence.