- Task force issues 50 solutions for curbing domestic violence Updated: Aug-31-15 6:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A task force's recommendations for combating domestic violence in South Carolina include training more 911 operators, improving documentation of the crime scene and increasing the number of shelters statewide.
- Daughter of slain store owner finds calling through tragedy Updated: Aug-29-15 12:17 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - The final violent act of a domestic abuser Alecia Armold never even met devastated her family. But in picking up the pieces, Armold has found what she suspects is her true calling:
- Domestic violence victim protests use of city's nuisance law Updated: Aug-27-15 7:58 pm
PHOENIX - A domestic violence victim has alleged in a lawsuit that a police officer from a Phoenix suburb pressured her landlord to evict her for repeatedly calling 911 for protection from her abusive former boyfriend.
- MLB, players' union announce domestic violence policy Updated: Aug-21-15 7:33 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball can suspend players with pay when legal charges are pending in "exceptional cases" under a new domestic violence policy signed Friday.
- High housing costs raise an obstacle for women fleeing abuse Updated: Aug-15-15 11:43 am
NEW YORK - Survivors of domestic violence are struggling nationwide with a critical piece of recovery: finding a permanent home.
- Albuquerque may give old cell phones to shelter Updated: Aug-15-15 10:11 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Albuquerque City Council is considering a proposal that would donate old city cell phones to a domestic violence shelter.
- Domestic violence crackdown among dozens of new laws Updated: Aug-10-15 5:58 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie signed roughly two dozen bills passed by the Democrat-led Legislature into law on Monday and vetoed an additional dozen.
- Man accused of strangling girlfriend in Brooklyn Park Updated: Aug-08-15 4:16 pm
BROOKLYN PARK, Minnesota - A 37-year-old man is charged in the strangulation death of his girlfriend at her home in Brooklyn Park.
- Lions announce grant for domestic violence prevention Updated: Aug-05-15 9:17 pm
NOVI, Michigan - The Detroit Lions announced a $250,000 grant Wednesday night to fund a program aimed at stopping domestic violence.