- LA Kings' Voynov pleads no contest in domestic abuse case Updated: Jul-02-15 6:18 pm
TORRANCE, California - Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov was sentenced to three months in jail Thursday after pleading no contest to beating his wife after an argument at a Halloween party last year.
- Jindal agrees to new housing protections for abuse victims Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Victims of domestic violence are receiving new housing protections in state law.
- Christie creates gun study commission after woman's death Updated: Jun-30-15 12:22 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie has created a commission to study the ownership and possession of firearms after a woman who had received a domestic-violence restraining order against an ex-boyfriend was killed at home while waiting for a gun permit to be approved.
- Advocates award $10k in grants to domestic violence groups Updated: Jun-28-15 3:50 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - Jane Doe Inc. will present economic empowerment grants totaling $10,000 to 11 sexual and domestic violence agencies.
- Woman jailed in Kentucky after recanting abuse claims Updated: Jun-16-15 6:01 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Jasmine Stone entered a Kentucky courtroom as the prosecution's named victim in a domestic violence case. She left in handcuffs under arrest after recanting her assault claims against her boyfriend.
- Lawmakers attach $50 fine to domestic violence convictions Updated: Jun-16-15 5:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Domestic violence programs in New Hampshire could receive at least $45,000 in new state funding if lawmakers approve a bill increasing the marriage license fee and fining domestic violence offenders.
- Seconds to live: Shotgun attack survivor recalls deadly day Updated: Jun-13-15 1:24 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Holly Anderson didn't have any premonition of trouble on April 26 when her estranged husband asked her to meet him outside the store where she worked in Collegedale.
- TBI study sheds light on domestic violence in Tennessee Updated: Jun-09-15 3:36 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A recent study by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation shows domestic violence resulted in 270 murder victims in Tennessee from 2012 to 2014.