- Lindsey Vonn wins women's World Cup downhill Updated: Feb-06-16 9:12 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn is feeling very much at home in this southern German resort, on and off the hill.
- Lindsey Vonn has complaints about downhill course Updated: Feb-04-16 8:22 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn left the finish area with plenty of complaints about the state of the Kandahar course and thinking she still had the fastest time in Thursday's training for a World Cup downhill.
- Fernandez, Medvedeva win short programs at European champs Updated: Jan-27-16 6:45 pm
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - Javier Fernandez of Spain took a huge step toward a fourth straight European title by winning the men's short program on Wednesday, the opening day of the European figure skating championships.
- Another day, another record for Lindsey Vonn in Cortina Updated: Jan-24-16 10:59 am
CORTINA D'AMPEZZO, Italy - Another day in Cortina, another record for Lindsey Vonn.
- Norway takes men's, women's World Cup relay races Updated: Jan-24-16 7:24 am
NOVE MESTO, Czech Republic - Norway proved unbeatable on Sunday, winning both the men's and women's cross-country World Cup relay races.
- Sara Takanashi wins 5th straight ski jump World Cup Updated: Jan-23-16 7:23 am
ZAO, Japan - Sara Takanashi of Japan won her fifth straight women's World Cup ski jump on Saturday.
- Bill Johnson, brash Olympic downhill champion, dies at 55 Updated: Jan-22-16 1:47 pm
Bill Johnson craved speed - the faster, the better. He stole cars as a kid, got in trouble for it and was ordered by a judge to make a choice: Ski school or jail.
- Back in Cortina, Vonn has more records within reach Updated: Jan-22-16 1:00 pm
CORTINA D'AMPEZZO, Italy - When it comes to records and milestones, Cortina d'Ampezzo holds a special place in Lindsey Vonn's sparkling career.
- Olympic official confident for Alpine test races in S Korea Updated: Jan-17-16 1:55 pm
WENGEN, Switzerland - Olympic course designer Bernhard Russi has "full confidence" that men's Alpine World Cup racers will go to South Korea next month for a 2018 Pyeongchang Games test event that was in doubt.
- Viktoria Rebensurg of Germany wins women's giant slalom Updated: Jan-17-16 8:01 am
FLACHAU, Austria - Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany mastered tough conditions to come from behind and win her first World Cup giant slalom race in more than three years on Sunday.
- Japanese teen Takanashi wins women's ski jump world cup Updated: Jan-17-16 3:58 am
SAPPORO, Japan - Japanese teenager Sara Takanashi won her fourth women's ski jumping World Cup event of the season on Sunday.
- Veronika Velez Zuzulova wins women's World Cup night slalom Updated: Jan-15-16 2:29 pm
FLACHAU, Austria - Veronika Velez Zuzulova of Slovakia won her second straight World Cup night slalom on Friday with a blistering second run.
- 911 call released in Olympic gold medalist's assault case Updated: Jan-14-16 2:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Olympic gold-medalist skier Picabo Street told police her father attacked her during a fight that led Utah authorities to charge her with domestic violence and assault, according to a 911 call recording released Thursday.
- The Latest: 911 call released in ex-Olympian's assault case Updated: Jan-14-16 2:17 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The latest on developments in charges against Olympic gold-medalist skier Picabo Street (all times local):
- Buck Hill ski kids Vonn, Ankeny score big in World Cup races Updated: Jan-10-16 2:04 pm
ADELBODEN, Switzerland - On a great day for World Cup skiers who grew up at little Buck Hill, Lindsey Vonn got her 73rd win and Michael Ankeny scored his first race points.
- Johaug comes from behind on final day to win Tour de Ski Updated: Jan-10-16 1:35 pm
CAVALESE, Italy - Therese Johaug erased a deficit of nearly 40 seconds entering the final stage to win her second Tour de Ski title Sunday.
- Tour de Ski Results Updated: Jan-08-16 2:56 pm
1. Finn Haagen Krogh, Norway, 22 minutes, 7.8 seconds.
- 1 downhill, 2 runs: Unusual format will remain exception Updated: Jan-08-16 10:44 am
ALTENMARKT-ZAUCHENSEE, Austria - Lindsey Vonn will need two good runs on Saturday to match the record for most downhill wins on the women's World Cup circuit.