- Man killed near concert venue in Philadelphia Updated: Sep-05-15 9:40 am
PHILADELPHIA - Authorities say a man was shot and killed near a concert venue in Philadelphia on the eve of the Labor Day weekend.
- Campers warned about wildfire risk during holiday weekend Updated: Sep-05-15 9:04 am
ALBANY, New York - With dry conditions forecast for the Labor Day weekend, New York state officials are warning about the potential for wildfires.
- Nevada politicians hit parade circuit for Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-05-15 9:02 am
WINNEMUCCA, Nevada - Nevada elected officials are filling up their calendars for the Labor Day weekend.
- Vermont police boost traffic patrols over holiday weekend Updated: Sep-05-15 8:38 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont State Police will be boosting traffic enforcement this Labor Day weekend to try to reduce the number of accidents.
- NY keeps lanes open Labor Day weekend to ease congestion Updated: Sep-05-15 6:37 am
ALBANY, New York - Road crews around New York state are keeping lanes open this Labor Day weekend to help ease holiday traffic congestion.
- Vast, stubborn California fire to rage through long weekend Updated: Sep-05-15 1:37 am
FRESNO, California - A vast and stubborn wildfire that has proven California's biggest this year was expect to spew smoke through the long Labor Day weekend, leaving some campgrounds empty and prompting health warnings.
- Harley riders rumble into Milwaukee for rally, bike show Updated: Sep-04-15 8:07 pm
MILWAUKEE - Gearheads converged on the Harley-Davidson Museum on Friday to show off, talk shop and get started on a weekend motorcycle rally and custom bike show.
- New Mexico State Police to step up Labor Day patrols Updated: Sep-04-15 5:08 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - State police will step up patrols to catch would-be drunk drivers and officers will have no tolerance for dangerous drivers during the expected busy Labor Day weekend, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez announced Friday
- Large California fire expected to rage into holiday weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 3:36 pm
FRESNO, California - California's largest wildfire so far this year was expected to rage through the Labor Day weekend in the Sierra Nevada, spewing smoke that has forced campgrounds near a popular lake to close and prompted health warnings, officials said Friday.
- From eggs to trees, USDA promotional programs controversial Updated: Sep-04-15 2:39 pm
WASHINGTON - The slogans are familiar: "The Incredible Edible Egg," ''Pork: The Other White Meat," and "Got Milk?"
- Ohio's roads will be extra crowded over holiday weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 1:39 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio motorists can expect to have plenty of company on the roads this Labor Day weekend.
- Forecast: Sun, cars for Labor Day weekend in Maine Updated: Sep-04-15 12:45 pm
KITTERY, Maine - The weekend forecast calls for sun, and heavy traffic, on the Maine Turnpike.
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz Updated: Sep-04-15 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - The release of the new Star Wars movie may still be months off, but Disney is unleashing its full marketing "Force" behind the launch of hundreds of toys and other items related to the film.
- Transbay Tube closed over Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 11:38 am
SAN FRANCISCO - There will be no Bay Area Rapid Transit service between Oakland and San Francisco over the Labor Day weekend.
- State police adding 200 patrols for Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 9:30 am
WEST TRENTON, New Jersey - State police say they will have 200 additional patrols this Labor Day weekend.
- Record Labor Day weekend travel expected at LAX Updated: Sep-04-15 9:14 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles International Airport is expecting a record number of travelers during the Labor Day weekend.
- Red River boat ramps open for Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 9:12 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Two of the Red River boat ramps in Caddo Parish are opening in time for Labor Day weekend.
- Cape Henlopen Fishing Pier reopening for Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 7:43 am
LEWES, Delaware - The Cape Henlopen Fishing Pier will reopen early - and in time for the Labor Day weekend.
- Yellowstone National Park plans safety checkpoints Updated: Sep-04-15 7:02 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Rangers in Yellowstone National Park intend to hold traffic safety checkpoints throughout the Labor Day weekend.
- Las Vegas expects 315,000 visitors this Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 6:20 am
LAS VEGAS - Sin City is expected to see a boost in Labor Day traffic and visitors with officials estimating 315,000 people will fill most of the Las Vegas area's 149,000 hotel rooms.
- Threat closes school district ahead of Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 5:49 am
JEFFERSON HILLS, Pennsylvania - An unspecified threat has closed down a western Pennsylvania school district heading into the Labor Day weekend.
- Troopers, others beef up patrols for Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 5:41 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol will have all state troopers on duty for the Labor Day weekend.
- Illinois officials to crack down on Labor Day drunk driving Updated: Sep-04-15 4:07 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State and local police will swarm Illinois roadways this weekend in search of drunk drivers in the statewide campaign, "Driver Sober, or Get Pulled Over."
- Illinois residents expect quiet holiday weekend amid manhunt Updated: Sep-04-15 2:01 am
FOX LAKE, Illinois - Residents and business owners in one of Illinois' most popular recreational areas say a manhunt for three suspects wanted in the killing of an area police officer will bring a more quiet and somber Labor Day weekend than usual.
- State encourages tourists to head to Lake Powell for holiday Updated: Sep-03-15 9:44 pm
PAGE, Arizona - State environment officials say tourists heading to Lake Powell for the Labor Day holiday need not worry about the quality of the water following a mine spill.