- Cheap gas fueling expanded Thanksgiving travel day Updated: Nov-25-15 9:17 am
LOS ANGELES - An expanded version of America's annual Thanksgiving travel saga was under way Wednesday with gas prices low and terrorism fears high.
- Icy weather forecast for southeast Nebraska, southwest Iowa Updated: Nov-25-15 9:11 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - The National Weather Service says dangerous traveling conditions are likely to develop over southeast Nebraska and southwest Iowa on Thanksgiving Day.
- Homeowners association won't sue Idaho man over lights Updated: Nov-25-15 8:11 am
SPOKANE, Washington - An Idaho homeowners association has backed down from threats to sue a man whose extreme Christmas light display was bothering neighbors.
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Dinner celebrates 25 years Updated: Nov-25-15 7:14 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - For the 25th year, two Columbia churches are coming together to make sure everyone has a hot turkey dinner on Thanksgiving.
- VDOT aims to smooth holiday traffic by lifting lane closures Updated: Nov-25-15 7:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Transportation is smoothing the way for travelers by suspending highway work zones during the long Thanksgiving holiday.
- Authorities set enforcement plan for holiday travel Updated: Nov-25-15 6:40 am
TUPELO, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol will begin the 2015 Thanksgiving Holiday Travel Enforcement Period at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- Officials light up state Capitol Christmas tree display Updated: Nov-25-15 6:40 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says there's no better way to start the holiday season.
- Parade sending in the clowns to greet travelers at airport Updated: Nov-25-15 6:33 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - Organizers of Detroit's Thanksgiving Day parade are sending in the clowns to Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
- Holiday travelers in New Jersey face tighter security Updated: Nov-25-15 6:29 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Holiday travelers in New Jersey will see a greater police presence in the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris.
- Fort Bragg feeding thousands of troops Thanksgiving dinners Updated: Nov-25-15 6:07 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - If an army marches on its stomach, it also likes a holiday feast when it's back in the barracks.
- Amtrak ramps up service, offers tips for holiday travel Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
CHICAGO - Amtrak is ramping up service and offering tips to passengers ahead of one of the busiest travel days of the year.
- Holiday travelers get early start out of New Mexico Updated: Nov-25-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Albuquerque International Sunport is seeing modest traffic as some travelers are getting a head start on holiday travel.
- Extra lane to open on I-15 for Thanksgiving traffic Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - State transportation officials will open an extra lane of travel in each direction on I-15 at Point of the Mountain for Thanksgiving Day travelers.
- Fire marshal's office offers tips for avoiding holiday fires Updated: Nov-25-15 3:31 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky fire marshal's office is offering some tips to prevent home fires while making Thanksgiving dinner.
- NY troopers to step up road enforcement over Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 3:01 am
ALBANY, New York - New York State Police say they will be stepping up road patrols over the holiday weekend.
- Highway Patrol increasing enforcement on busy travel day Updated: Nov-25-15 2:25 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The day before Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel days of the year, and the North Dakota Highway Patrol is increasing enforcement.
- South Dakota Highway Patrol troopers out in force Updated: Nov-25-15 2:15 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Highway Patrol troopers are out in force for a pre-Thanksgiving effort to raise public awareness of traffic laws.
- Black Friday madness missing in rural Alaska communities Updated: Nov-25-15 1:37 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Forget about long lines and pushy shoppers ready to do battle for sweet Black Friday deals. In rural Alaska, residents are far removed from all the frenzy that goes with the nation's most intense shopping day of the year.
- AP Picks: Feast of major implications for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 am
Every team in the AP Top 25 is playing this weekend in a total of 18 games. All these games will be:
- Lights out leaves cold, boredom for 20,000 in Washington Updated: Nov-24-15 8:40 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - It's been cold, dark and boring.
- Extra state police patrols coming over Thanksgiving holiday Updated: Nov-24-15 5:56 pm
DETROIT - Extra state police patrols are coming to Michigan roads and highways over the Thanksgiving holiday period.
- Thanksgiving travel 2015: Cheap gas but fears of terrorism Updated: Nov-24-15 5:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - That other Thanksgiving tradition - congested highways and jammed airports - is getting underway with gas prices low and terrorism fears high.
- Travel new and now: Hanukkah events, Cyber Monday, Big Sky Updated: Nov-24-15 4:55 pm
CHABAD HANUKKAH LIGHTINGS
- Gasoline prices in Oklahoma averaging $1.85 per gallon Updated: Nov-24-15 4:54 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The average price for a gallon of gasoline in Oklahoma now stands at $1.85 heading into the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Marshall brothers add turkey to Georgia-Ga Tech rivalry Updated: Nov-24-15 4:28 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - The Georgia-Georgia Tech rivalry this year will feature a Thanksgiving feast that brings opposing players to the same dinner table.