- Trump, Biden to attend University of Pennsylvania graduation Updated: May-03-16 11:50 am
PHILADELPHIA - Donald Trump and Joe Biden will be attending the same University of Pennsylvania graduation ceremony, but not for political reasons.
- Raimondo to celebrate College Signing Day in Providence Updated: May-01-16 1:03 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo is planning to visit a Providence high school to celebrate College Signing Day with graduating seniors.
- The Latest: Video threatening US students posted from Europe Updated: Apr-29-16 4:40 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - The Latest on a video threat connected to Ohio University (all times local):
- Haskell commencement speaker leading Redskins mascot fight Updated: Apr-28-16 8:39 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Haskell Indian Nations University graduate who is at the forefront in the fight to change the name of the Washington Redskins NFL team is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the university's commencement.
- College free speech: Hecklers on NC campuses under scrutiny Updated: Apr-27-16 3:39 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Hecklers who shout down speakers on North Carolina's college campuses could be punished under a proposal being floated before lawmakers that would make this state the newest battleground over free speech at U.S. universities.
- France train attack hero to speak at Massachusetts college Updated: Apr-26-16 11:22 am
BOSTON - The Oregon National Guardsman who helped thwart a terrorist attack on a Paris-bound train is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at commencement exercises at Boston's Fisher College.
- UN Ambassador Samantha Power to be Yale Class Day speaker Updated: Apr-24-16 3:20 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Yale has announced that Ambassador Samantha Power, the United States' envoy to the United Nations, will be this year's Class Day speaker.
- Brown to award honorary doctorates to 8 scholars and leaders Updated: Apr-24-16 1:58 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Brown University has announced the scholars and leaders who will be awarded honorary degrees at its 248th commencement ceremony.
- The Latest: Michelle Obama tells grads to register and vote Updated: Apr-23-16 7:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on Michelle Obama speaking at commencement at historically black Jackson State University (all times local):
- Michelle Obama urges grads to vote to protect civil rights Updated: Apr-23-16 7:29 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - First lady Michelle Obama told graduates of a historically black university in Mississippi on Saturday that "the power of voting is real and lasting" and they need to cast ballots to protect civil-rights advances made by previous generations.
- Centenary grads to hear address by school's board member Updated: Apr-23-16 10:23 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The Rev. Charles B. Simmons, a 1971 Centenary graduate and member of its Board of Trustees, will deliver the commencement address at the college's ceremony on April 30.
- Former Lt. Gov. Amy Tuck to address Itawamba graduates Updated: Apr-23-16 10:10 am
FULTON, Mississippi - Former Mississippi Lt. Gov. Amy Tuck and Sean Suggs, an official from Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi, will address graduates of Itawamba Community College next month.
- Edwards, Holly to address Northwestern State grads Updated: Apr-22-16 4:43 am
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards and Dr. James L. Holly will be the keynote speakers at Northwestern State University's spring commencement.
- College dropout Twitter exec to speak at school's graduation Updated: Apr-21-16 11:44 am
AMHERST, Massachusetts - A top Twitter executive who dropped out of the University of Massachusetts Amherst to pursue a career as a high-tech entrepreneur has been selected to deliver the keynote address at the school's commencement.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs head to speak at Mines commencement Updated: Apr-20-16 7:09 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs will deliver the keynote address at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology 173th commencement.
- World health leader to speak at Mount Holyoke commencement. Updated: Apr-18-16 1:01 pm
SOUTH HADLEY, Massachusetts - Human rights and medical access advocate Dr. Joia Mukherjee (JOY'-uh MOO'-ker-jee) is scheduled to deliver the keynote address at Mount Holyoke College's commencement.
- Brazile is keynote speaker at Bethune-Cookman Updated: Apr-18-16 10:16 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The former campaign manager of Democrat Al Gore's presidential run is giving the commencement speech at Bethune-Cookman University in Daytona Beach.
- Taylor to deliver keynote at Alcorn State's graduation Updated: Apr-16-16 11:04 am
ALCORN, Mississippi - Lawyer, author and public speaker Johnny C. Taylor Jr. will deliver the keynote speech at the 2016 commencement ceremonies at Alcorn State University.
- Syracuse football star Floyd Little to get honorary degree Updated: Apr-16-16 8:33 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Three-time All-American running back Floyd Little is being honored by his alma mater.
- Sonia Sotomayor to deliver commencement speech at URI Updated: Apr-14-16 11:34 pm
KINGSTON, Rhode Island - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor (SOHN'-ya soh-toh-my-YOR') has been chosen to deliver a commencement speech at the University of Rhode Island.
- Obama to deliver 3 commencement speeches Updated: Apr-14-16 12:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says President Barack Obama will deliver his final commencement speeches as president at Rutgers (RUHT'-gurs) University, Howard University and the Air Force Academy.
- President Obama to give commencement speech at Rutgers Updated: Apr-14-16 11:32 am
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - President Barack Obama will deliver Rutgers University's commencement speech in May.
- US Secretary of the Interior to speak at UW Commencement Updated: Apr-13-16 2:47 pm
SEATTLE - U.S. Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell will be the featured speaker at the University of Washington's commencement ceremony.
- Biden to deliver graduation address at Delaware State Updated: Apr-12-16 10:51 am
DOVER, Delaware - Vice President Joe Biden will come home to Delaware to deliver the commencement address at Delaware State University in Dover.
- Ricketts' selection as graduation speaker sparks petition Updated: Apr-12-16 10:34 am
HASTINGS, Nebraska - Officials say the governor still will appear at Hastings College next month, despite some dissatisfaction with his selection as a commencement speaker.