- Lincoln University speaker cites authors without attribution Updated: May-25-15 11:44 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A motivational speaker used similar or identical phrasing from passages by Mark Twain and poet Berton Braley without attribution during her 2015 commencement speech at Missouri's Lincoln University earlier this month, according to a newspaper report.
- Redford to college graduates: World needs you; be fearless Updated: May-24-15 9:20 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Two-time Academy Award winner Robert Redford is encouraging college graduates to be fearless in a world of challenges and to become collaborators with others and the environment to overcome life's daunting difficulties.
- Kenai Christian academy graduates 1 senior Updated: May-24-15 4:57 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Wings Christian Academy, based in Kenai's Immanuel Baptist Church, held a graduation ceremony for Tyler Ophus, its sole departing senior.
- Brown hands out 2,530 degrees at its 247th commencement Updated: May-24-15 4:24 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - It was a big day for graduates of Brown University.
- Actor Jack Black gives commencement speech at Florida school Updated: May-24-15 11:14 am
MONTVERDE, Florida - Actor Jack Black gave some tongue-in-cheek advice to high school graduates in central Florida.
- Writer Julia Alvarez to speak at Middlebury commencement Updated: May-24-15 10:01 am
MIDDLEBURY, Vermont - Writer and National Medal of the Arts recipient Julia Alvarez is delivering Middlebury College's commencement address.
- Ala. military mom surprises son during graduation ceremony Updated: May-23-15 3:56 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - An Alabama military veteran surprised her son by meeting him on stage during his graduation ceremony in Tuscaloosa.
- Last of 6 brothers gets degree from Bowdoin College Updated: May-23-15 3:08 pm
BOWDOIN, Maine - The last of six brothers has received his degree from Bowdoin College.
- Waterbury teachers seek to help underprivileged students Updated: May-23-15 3:04 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Several years ago, Marcos Pacheco Hernandez was known as the toughest kid at Kennedy High School.
- 'Judge Judy' delivers speech to Shiprock High School grads Updated: May-22-15 2:56 pm
SHIPROCK, New Mexico - The host of the daytime television court show, "Judge Judy," delivered the commencement speech at this year's Shiprock High School graduation.
- Extra security, protest planned for graduation in Valdosta Updated: May-22-15 9:58 am
VALDOSTA, Georgia - Authorities say they will provide extra security during graduation ceremonies this weekend at the Valdosta high school where a student was found dead in a rolled-up gym mat more than two years ago.
- Student loses bid to wear eagle feather on graduation cap Updated: May-21-15 3:51 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa federal judge has ruled that an American Indian student at Caney Valley High School can't wear an eagle feather on her graduation cap.
- 5 Wyoming men's basketball seniors receive diplomas Updated: May-20-15 3:52 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming's senior class proved historic in March.
- Former Ghana president gives DSU commencement speech Updated: May-18-15 5:32 am
DOVER, Delaware - About 500 graduates from Delaware State University received a commencement speech from the former president of Ghana.
- Obama to be keynote speaker at Coast Guard Academy Updated: May-17-15 10:10 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - The White House says President Barack Obama will give the keynote address at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy commencement exercises this week.
- Students at several Rhode Island colleges graduate Updated: May-17-15 4:40 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - It was a big weekend for college graduations in Rhode Island.
- Colleges across New Hampshire hold commencement ceremonies Updated: May-17-15 8:11 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire hits its peak for college commencements this weekend, with more than half a dozen schools celebrating their graduating classes.
- Wofford grad, NBC reporter Craig Melvin commencement speaker Updated: May-17-15 4:05 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Wofford graduate and NBC national correspondent Craig Melvin is returning to South Carolina to deliver the college's commencement address.
- Sweet Briar's keynote speaker slams closing at commencement Updated: May-16-15 7:41 pm
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - A visitor to Sweet Briar College would be hard-pressed to find signs of the financial stress that is shuttering the tiny women's school.
- University of Vermont, other schools holding commencements Updated: May-16-15 11:10 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - More college commencements are taking place across Vermont this weekend.
- More commencements this weekend in Maine Updated: May-16-15 8:25 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The commencement season is continuing at colleges and universities in Maine.
- Noem to give commencement speech for Hill City High School Updated: May-16-15 2:08 am
MOUNT RUSHMORE NATIONAL MEMORIAL, South Dakota - South Dakota U.S. Rep. Kristi Noem is going to impart some wisdom on high school students who are soon headed off into the sunset.
- Ben Rhodes skipping commencement for NASCAR Xfinity debut Updated: May-15-15 4:24 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Ben Rhodes doesn't have time for his graduation ceremony. He is already poised to move on to the next phase of his racing career.
- Sweet Briar College president to skip commencement Updated: May-15-15 11:34 am
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - Sweet Briar College's president has told students he will not participate in what is scheduled to be the school's final commencement because he says there are threats to disrupt the event if he attends.
- Sweet Briar College president to skip commencement Updated: May-15-15 11:17 am
SWEET BRIAR, Virginia - Sweet Briar College's president has told students he will not participate in what is scheduled to be the school's final commencement because of what he says are threats to disrupt the event if he attends.