- Simms returning to Morehead State for commencement Updated: May-04-15 5:04 am
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Former NFL quarterback, network analyst and Morehead State standout Phil Simms is returning to the campus in eastern Kentucky this week to be honored during Morehead's spring commencement.
- Meredith Vieira to give commencement address at BU Updated: May-04-15 3:04 am
BOSTON - Journalist and television host Meredith Vieira will deliver the commencement address at Boston University's 142nd graduation ceremonies on May 17.
- Banking official to speak at West Liberty commencement Updated: May-04-15 2:07 am
WEST LIBERTY, West Virginia - The chief operating officer of Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh will address students at West Liberty University's spring commencement ceremony.
- Jimmy Buffett University of Miami commencement speaker Updated: May-03-15 6:50 pm
MIAMI - Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett is scheduled to give the commencement address for University of Miami.
- Michigan senators giving university commencement addresses Updated: May-02-15 9:29 am
- Homeland Security secretary speaks at graduation in Florida Updated: May-02-15 3:05 am
MIAMI GARDENS, Florida - Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson will deliver the commencement address at Florida Memorial University.
- Ohio woman gets diploma 63 years after missing graduation Updated: May-01-15 2:50 pm
LORAIN, Ohio - A woman who missed graduation in 1952 because she needed a half-credit of gym class has received her high school diploma decades later in a surprise ceremony.
- Kasparov to speak at SLU commencement Updated: May-01-15 5:47 am
ST. LOUIS - Chess legend Garry Kasparov will be the speaker for Saint Louis University's commencement on May 16.
- University of Cincinnati awards record number of degrees Updated: May-01-15 3:05 am
CINCINNATI - A record number of degrees from the University of Cincinnati will be awarded at the school's spring commencement ceremonies.
- Mitt Romney to speak at UVU graduation Thursday Updated: Apr-29-15 5:04 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Mitt Romney is scheduled to speak at Utah Valley University graduation on Thursday.
- Want to stand out in cap and gown? Decorate the mortarboard Updated: Apr-28-15 10:17 am
It's hard to stand out at graduation when dozens, hundreds or even thousands of your classmates are dressed in identical caps and gowns.
- Doctor who survived Ebola to speak at IU School of Medicine Updated: Apr-27-15 4:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indiana-educated medical missionary who became known worldwide when he survived a bout with Ebola will deliver the commencement address at his alma mater.
- 'Modern Family' co-producer speaks at college commencement Updated: Apr-26-15 7:01 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University alum and ABC's "Modern Family" co-producer Sally Young told students at her alma mater Sunday that they need to invest in themselves.
- Michelle Obama to give commencement speech at Chicago school Updated: Apr-21-15 9:40 am
CHICAGO - First lady Michelle Obama will give the commencement address at a Chicago high school this spring.
- Michelle Obama to speak at Tuskegee University commencement Updated: Apr-21-15 9:30 am
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama will deliver the commencement address at Tuskegee University, a historically black university in Alabama.
- US Rep. Crawford to speak at Ozarka College commencement Updated: Apr-21-15 3:19 am
MELBOURNE, Arkansas - U.S. Rep. Rick Crawford will be the commencement speaker at Ozarka College in Melbourne.
- Gen. Dempsey to speak at West Point commencement in May Updated: Apr-17-15 3:07 pm
WEST POINT, New York - West Point says the top U.S. military officer will speak at its commencement ceremony next month.
- Chickasaw governor to speak at Central Oklahoma commencement Updated: Apr-17-15 3:22 am
EDMOND, Oklahoma - Chickasaw Nation Gov. Bill Anoatubby (ANNA'-tubby) will be the commencement speaker at the University of Central Oklahoma's spring 2015 ceremony for the College of Education and Professional Studies.
- Tech school leader says Obama visit is source of pride Updated: Apr-15-15 12:05 pm
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - Lake Area Technical Institute President Mike Cartney says he was "overwhelmed and speechless" when told that President Barack Obama will speak at the Watertown school's commencement ceremony next month.
- Rauner SIU commencement speech draws some criticism Updated: Apr-15-15 5:14 am
CARBONDALE, Il. - Gov. Bruce Rauner's planned commencement speech at Southern Illinois University is drawing protests from some who cite the first-term Republican's call to cut state funding to universities by 31.5 percent.
- Brooks to speak at Jackson State graduation Updated: Apr-14-15 4:29 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Cornell William Brooks, president and CEO of the NAACP, will speak at spring commencement at Jackson State University on May 2.
- Univ. of Virginia president speaks at UM graduation Updated: Apr-13-15 4:31 pm
- Correction: Coast Guard Academy-Obama story Updated: Apr-13-15 12:04 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - In a story April 10 about commencement at the Coast Guard Academy, The Associated Press erroneously reported its size as compared to the nation's other four service academies. The Coast Guard Academy is the fourth-largest, not the smallest of five.
- Temple: Bill Cosby won't speak at commencement Updated: Apr-11-15 5:44 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Temple University alumnus Bill Cosby won't be a speaker at the university's commencement next month, as he has often been at past ceremonies.
- Executives with Disney, Dow to speak at MSU commencement Updated: Apr-10-15 6:16 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Executives with Disney and Dow Chemical are scheduled to speak at Michigan State University's commencement ceremonies.