- Kentucky clerk still won't issue same-sex marriage licenses Updated: Sep-01-15 11:07 am
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - A county clerk in Kentucky has again refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, invoking her religious beliefs and "God's authority" - this time in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling against her.
- The Latest: Couples ask judge to fine Kentucky clerk Updated: Sep-01-15 10:47 am
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The latest on a Kentucky county clerk who has refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses despite a U.S. Supreme Court ruling against her (all times local):
- 3,000 Philly Naked Bike Riders photo-bomb wedding shoot Updated: Aug-31-15 11:44 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Here comes the bride all dressed in white. And, don't look now, but here come thousands of bicyclists not dressed in anything.
- Moldova: separatist leader to wed his foreign minister Updated: Aug-31-15 11:14 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - The leader of a pro-Russian separatist republic has announced that his foreign minister is resigning to take up another position: she'll become his wife.
- Higher marriage fees, prison reforms among new Nebraska laws Updated: Aug-30-15 10:38 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A host of new laws took effect Sunday in Nebraska, leading to changes ranging from costlier marriage licenses to expanded opportunities for nonviolent prisoners to be released for parole and probation.
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest Updated: Aug-29-15 1:07 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The Kentucky clerk at the center of a conflict over same-sex marriage closed her office Saturday ahead of a rally protesting her refusal to issue marriage licenses.
- Rowan County clerk closes office ahead of gay rights protest Updated: Aug-29-15 12:47 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - The Rowan County clerk at the center of a conflict over same-sex marriage and religious conscience closed her office on Saturday ahead of a rally protesting her refusal to issue marriage licenses.
- Polygamists ask judge to strike down Montana's bigamy laws Updated: Aug-27-15 6:07 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Billings man, his wife and his common-law wife filed a federal lawsuit Thursday that seeks to strike down Montana's bigamy laws and argues the state is unconstitutionally preventing them from legitimizing their polygamous relationship.
- Wedding hosts in Sisters dealt a setback Updated: Aug-27-15 2:45 pm
SISTERS, Oregon - A couple that has tried for years to gain approval to host weddings on their 216-acre property near Sisters is no closer to doing so.
- Underwater wedding honors Christ of the Deep anniversary Updated: Aug-25-15 5:49 pm
KEY LARGO, Florida - Kimberly Triolet and Jorge Rodriguez exchanged their wedding vows underwater beside a 9-foot statue of Jesus.
- Gay, straight couples say 'I do' to Justice Kennedy's words Updated: Aug-25-15 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Emily Smith and Jillian Levine had already chosen a venue, booked a band and written the first draft of the ceremony for their wedding when the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that gay couples nationwide have a right to marry. Within minutes of the June 26 ruling, Levine texted her fiancÃ©e a rainbow emoji and a question about their ceremony.
- Texas couple rushes marriage vows to beat the stork Updated: Aug-24-15 8:10 pm
HOUSTON - It could have been the plot of a movie: A Houston couple improvises a hospital wedding in less than an hour after the bride goes into labor early.
- Michigan couple that challenged gay marriage ban wed Updated: Aug-22-15 9:13 pm
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - April DeBoer and Jayne Rowse - the two Michigan women who legally challenged the state's ban on gay marriage - exchanged vows Saturday during a ceremony in suburban Detroit.
- Thousands rally for clerks denying gay marriage licenses Updated: Aug-22-15 3:27 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Three Kentucky county clerks who are refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples drew thunderous cheers from a crowd gathered at the state capitol on Saturday.
- Historic Elkton wedding chapel may close Updated: Aug-21-15 7:28 am
ELKTON, Maryland - Elkton's Historic Little Wedding Chapel, the site of thousands of weddings, is in danger of closing after the owner says he is suddenly facing a bill he can't pay.
- Bakery in gay wedding cake case sends gifts to LGBTQ groups Updated: Aug-20-15 8:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The owners of a Portland-area bakery who were fined for denying service to a same-sex couple have sent cakes and copies of a Christian film to 10 LGBT groups on the West Coast.
- This takes the cake: couple eats 60-year-old wedding slice Updated: Aug-20-15 11:01 am
SATELLITE BEACH, Florida - A Florida couple - married 60 years - are still enjoying a tradition from their wedding day. Every anniversary they take a bite from the top layer of their wedding cake stored in a coffee can in their freezer.
- Bloomington seamstress creates winning Gen Con costume Updated: Aug-18-15 5:04 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - It all started with a pink sewing machine that has led seamstress Jan Lamm to a nice online business and a recent award for her work at Gen Con in Indianapolis.
- Texas gay couple settles suit over marriage license denial Updated: Aug-17-15 7:31 pm
GRANBURY, Texas - Attorneys for a gay couple who sued a Texas county clerk who denied them a marriage license on religious grounds have announced they've reached a settlement of the lawsuit.
- Over 60 same-sex couples married at Puerto Rico wedding Updated: Aug-16-15 6:50 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Over 60 couples from around the region gathered in Puerto Rico's capital Sunday to exchange vows at a same-sex marriage ceremony while a crowd of supporters snapped photos and cheered.
- Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't cite beliefs Updated: Aug-13-15 2:58 pm
DENVER - A suburban Denver baker who would not make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple cannot cite his Christian beliefs in refusing them service because it would lead to discrimination, the Colorado Court of Appeals ruled Thursday.
- Bend Relay for Life event to feature wedding chapel Updated: Aug-12-15 6:17 am
BEND, Oregon - For those who want to prove they're in love and that they support fundraising for the American Cancer Society, this year's Relay for Life event in Bend will feature a wedding chapel.
- Judge voids Kansas same-sex marriage ban as unconstitutional Updated: Aug-10-15 5:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The Kansas ban on same-sex marriages is unconstitutional in the wake of the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized same-sex unions nationwide, a federal judge ruled Monday.
- Candid photos of royal wedding reception up for auction Updated: Aug-10-15 11:32 am
BOSTON - A dozen candid and unpublished photos of Prince Charles and Princess Diana's wedding reception are the featured items at a Boston-area auction scheduled for next month.
- Wisconsin Hmong leaders work to legalize cultural weddings Updated: Aug-07-15 12:40 pm
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wisconsin - Hmong leaders in Wisconsin are lobbying for a state law that would give legal status to cultural weddings so couples wouldn't need two ceremonies.