- Ellen Albertini Dow, 'Wedding Singer' rapper, dies at 101 Updated: May-05-15 2:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ellen Albertini Dow, a feisty character actress best known for her salty rendition of "Rapper's Delight" in "The Wedding Singer," has died. She was 101.
- Spanish Queen wins $200,000 Honeymoon Stakes at Santa Anita Updated: May-03-15 9:15 pm
ARCADIA, California - Spanish Queen won the $200,000 Honeymoon Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by 1 1/2 lengths Sunday at Santa Anita.
- Pretty in Pink: Princess is good for nation of shopkeepers Updated: May-03-15 11:04 am
LONDON - Britain's retailers might just be rejoicing as much as Kate and Wills about the birth of a new baby princess.
- Bill would take Alabama out of marriage license business Updated: Apr-29-15 7:46 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state senator who wants to take Alabama out of the marriage license business says he's not targeting same-sex couples but trying to remove government from the process.
- Flower shop owner to appeal to state Supreme Court Updated: Apr-28-15 1:22 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - A flower shop owner in Richland who lost a lawsuit over her refusal to provide services for a same-sex wedding wants the state Supreme Court to review the case.
- Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to lesbian couple Updated: Apr-24-15 5:58 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An administrative law judge proposed Friday that the owners of a suburban Portland bakery pay $135,000 to a lesbian couple who were refused service more than two years ago.
- Missing wedding ring plucked from dog doo, returned to owner Updated: Apr-20-15 4:53 pm
SITKA, Alaska - An Alaska woman suspected her family's dog snatched her wedding ring, but she couldn't find proof - until the diamond-encrusted platinum band turned up months later at a local ball field.
- New England Aquarium offering penguins 'honeymoon suites' Updated: Apr-18-15 12:26 pm
BOSTON - The New England Aquarium wants its endangered African penguins to get a little steamy.
- LGBT-rights group urges Guam governor to allow gay marriage Updated: Apr-16-15 11:41 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - The nation's largest gay rights organization and Guam's biggest newspaper are blasting the territory's governor for not allowing marriage licenses to be issued to same-sex couples.
- Kentucky judge rejects state's gay marriage ban Updated: Apr-16-15 8:16 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky judge has ruled in favor of two same-sex couples who were denied marriage licenses but put the ruling on hold until the U.S. Supreme Court considers a similar challenge to gay marriage bans.
- Central Kentucky judge rejects state's gay marriage ban Updated: Apr-16-15 7:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Franklin County judge has ruled in favor of two same-sex couples who were denied marriage licenses but put his ruling on hold until the U.S. Supreme Court considers a similar challenge.
- Gov. Jindal vehemently defends religious objections bill Updated: Apr-16-15 7:01 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal on Thursday gave a full-throated defense of a divisive religious objections bill that critics say could sanction discrimination against same-sex couples in Louisiana
- News Guide: Status of gay marriage in Guam, US territories Updated: Apr-16-15 12:46 am
HAGATNA, Guam - Guam's attorney general and governor are at odds over whether same-sex couples should be allowed to marry in the U.S. territory.
- Review: It Shoulda Been You' is inventive satire of weddings Updated: Apr-14-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - A good wedding might offer touching moments, tension, humor and perhaps some surprising revelations. All that and more is provided by the new musical "It Shoulda Been You," a frequently funny satire of wedding mishaps. It's smartly staged like an extended sitcom by David Hyde Pierce, making his Broadway directorial debut.
- Kansas urges dismissal of federal lawsuit over gay marriage Updated: Apr-14-15 5:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas argues in a new court filing that same-sex couples' ability to obtain marriage licenses in many counties should prompt a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by gay and lesbian couples.
- Rafter recounts finding survivors amid fatal car wreck Updated: Apr-14-15 2:14 pm
ROSEBURG, Oregon - A car crash took the lives of two Roseburg residents on Sunday, but the accident could have been far worse had it not been for the efforts of good Samaritans who happened to be floating by. A man, a 3-year-old boy and a dog were pulled out of the riverside wreck, thanks in part to a pre-bachelor party rafting trip.
- Illinois catering employee admits stealing wedding gifts Updated: Apr-14-15 11:05 am
PEKIN, Illinois - A central Illinois woman has been sentenced to three years in prison for stealing a couple's gifts while she worked for a caterer at their wedding reception last August.
- Florist in gay rights storm: 'I'm a little grain of sand' Updated: Apr-11-15 12:04 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The 70-year-old grandmother who owns a flower shop in Washington state and became a national figure for refusing to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding says she was surprised her actions gained such notoriety and had often done business with the gay couple, whom she considered friends.
- Brandywine grad offers bridesmaid dress rentals online Updated: Apr-11-15 9:26 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Stand-up comedian Megan Mooney spoke for generations of bridesmaids when she said the bride-to-be always tries to talk up the ugly bridesmaid's dress.
- Wedding expos will be Indiana's first for same-sex couples Updated: Apr-10-15 6:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two wedding expos set for the Indianapolis area will give same-sex couples the ability to choose businesses that support their right to marry.
- Latest on Apple Watch release: Shopping begins Updated: Apr-10-15 10:59 am
- Johnson County museum exhibit to explore history of proms Updated: Apr-08-15 9:08 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - A wallet from a 1930 prom will be on display next to an invitation to Union Township High School's 1912 prom.
- Guam rejects lesbian couple's marriage license application Updated: Apr-08-15 1:11 am
HAGATNA, Guam - Guam on Wednesday rejected a marriage license application from the first-same sex couple to apply for the document in the U.S. territory.
- Burger King to pay for the wedding of Mr. Burger, Ms. King Updated: Apr-07-15 11:19 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Burger King is paying the expenses and providing gifts for the wedding of an Illinois couple with an interesting connection to the fast food restaurant chain. Joel Burger and Ashley King accepted the company's proposal Monday.
- AP: Handful of holdout tribes dig in against gay marriage Updated: Apr-06-15 6:43 pm
Even if a U.S. Supreme Court ruling this spring makes same-sex marriage the law, it would leave pockets of the country where it isn't likely to be recognized any time soon: the reservations of a handful of sovereign Native American tribes, including the nation's two largest.