- Officials urge 'hard look' at PolyMet mine review Updated: Dec-06-13 7:56 pm
- US Forest Services releases report on Arizona mine Updated: Nov-30-13 4:31 pm
- Public comments sought on W.Va. dam project Updated: Nov-27-13 3:05 am
- Oregon BLM proposes sage grouse protection plan Updated: Nov-22-13 9:12 pm
- BLM okay's Ruby Pipeline again after new review Updated: Nov-22-13 12:48 pm
- Donlin continues permitting process Updated: Nov-17-13 6:23 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State officials released a 2,200-page environmental review for the proposed PolyMet Mining Corp. copper-nickel mine to the public on Friday and urged Minnesotans to scrutinize the massive document as the state decides whether to embrace a new kind of mining.
TUCSON, Arizona - A planned copper mine in the Santa Rita Mountains near Tucson will cause negative impacts, but it's in line with nearly all environmental laws, according to federal forest officials.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has scheduled a public meeting in Hinton on the environmental impact of modifications to the Bluestone Dam near Hinton.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has proposed a range of protections for the greater sage grouse across 10 million acres of federal lands in Eastern Oregon.
RENO, Nevada - Federal land managers intend to reissue a right of way for a 678-mile mile natural gas pipeline from Wyoming to Oregon now that government scientists have completed a second environmental review they say corrects deficiencies in the first one struck down by a U.S. appeals court.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The permitting process is ongoing for what would be largest gold mine in the world if it were developed.