- Study analyzes impact of Washington state coal-export plan Updated: Apr-29-16 6:25 pm
SEATTLE - A coal-export terminal proposed along the Columbia River in southwest Washington state could have unavoidable, significant impacts on greenhouse gases emissions, vessel traffic and rail safety, according to an environmental review released Friday.
- Kodiak aerospace complex still looks to fund new launch pad Updated: Apr-22-16 9:11 am
KODIAK, Alaska - Federal officials have cleared the way for the installation of a new launch pad at the Pacific Spaceport Complex in Kodiak, but the future of the project remains uncertain due to a lack of funding.
- EPA, other agencies seek more careful review of oil pipeline Updated: Apr-13-16 8:23 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Environmental Protection Agency and two other federal agencies have asked the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to more carefully review and revise its preliminary plan for the Dakota Access oil pipeline, saying it should pay closer attention to the impact a spill would have on drinking water for Native American tribes.
- Feds list Idaho as possible site for nuclear waste storage Updated: Apr-13-16 6:28 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The U.S. Department of Energy lists the Idaho National Laboratory as a possible site for storing about 1,300 dump truck loads of low level radioactive waste.
- Environmental groups oppose proposed dams near Pascagoula Updated: Apr-12-16 5:39 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Environmental groups are calling on a federal agency to reject a potential dam-construction project near the Pascagoula River in southeast Mississippi.
- Illinois cites errors in US spy agency relocation report Updated: Apr-11-16 7:42 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A federal study recommending that a U.S. spy agency remain in St. Louis rather than move to Illinois contains geographical errors that officials in the losing state hope will bolster their efforts to win the $1.6 billion project.
- Suit: US grouse protections driven by politics, not science Updated: Apr-11-16 2:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Rural Nevadans suing to block the Obama administration's greater sage grouse protection plan say a trail of internal government documents shows politics drove a pre-determined policy that conflicts with scientific findings.
- Much-needed affordable housing project proposed in Maui Updated: Apr-09-16 2:00 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A much-needed affordable housing project has been proposed in the rural region of Hana on eastern Maui.