- Colorado coal mine getting court-ordered environmental study Updated: May-22-15 5:09 pm
DENVER - Federal regulators are re-doing an environmental review for a Colorado coal mine after a judge threatened to shut it down unless they took a closer look at its indirect environmental impacts, including its contribution to climate change.
- Judge tosses Shell suit to stop environmental impact study Updated: May-22-15 6:17 am
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - A much contested environmental impact statement on a proposed oil unloading facility in Anacortes will go forward after a judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Shell to stop it.
- Road for logging project challenged in Selway River corridor Updated: May-20-15 6:33 pm
BOISE, Idaho - A northern Idaho couple and an environmental group have filed a federal lawsuit against the U.S. Forest Service challenging the agency's decision to designate a road as public and opening it to trucks for a logging project on state land.
- New York releases final environmental review of fracking Updated: May-13-15 6:07 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York regulators have released the final version of an environmental impact review of natural gas development that's expected to lead to the nation's first ban on a drilling process called fracking by a state with significant shale gas deposits.
- Public comment sought on Glacier National Park road plan Updated: May-10-15 2:31 pm
WEST GLACIER, Montana - Might visitors to Glacier National Park one day be required to reserve a time to travel over Going-to-the-Sun Road during July and August? Wait their turn to begin their ascent to Logan Pass? Or steer clear of the road altogether on days when only bicyclists are allowed?
- Judge halts planned Millennium Hollywood skyscrapers project Updated: Apr-30-15 6:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - A judge has halted plans to build a 1 million-square-foot complex of skyscrapers, stores and restaurants in the heart of Hollywood.