- Column: Time for golf powers to stand up to Donald Trump Updated: Jul-02-15 6:06 pm
Donald Trump loves Mexicans, he really does.
- Spieth cruising, but several big names have work left Updated: Jun-30-15 6:25 pm
Jordan Spieth already has accumulated the second-most FedEx Cup points in the regular season, and there's still two majors, a World Golf Championship and the John Deere Classic on his schedule before the playoffs begin.
- Golf halfway through year: Turnover at warp speed Updated: Jun-30-15 3:45 pm
The No. 1 player in golf already has three wins in 2015, including a World Golf Championship, and he has finished in the top 10 at both majors.
- Jeff Maggert wins US Senior Open for 2nd senior major title Updated: Jun-28-15 8:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Jeff Maggert is moving into an elite class on golf's senior circuit.
- Travelers offers cash, trophy, and winner's picture on M&Ms Updated: Jun-24-15 4:59 pm
CROMWELL, Connecticut - Golfers who made the cross-country trip from the U.S. Open to Connecticut to play in this week's Travelers Championship may have been enticed by the $6.4 million purse or the nice trophy, but what many really want is their face on a piece of candy.
- Spieth might be best thing to happen to Chambers Updated: Jun-23-15 4:33 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The course that was built for a U.S. Open needs a makeover.
- Chambers Bay makes quite the 1st impression at US Open Updated: Jun-22-15 8:18 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Chambers Bay got a much needed watering Sunday night and in the early hours of Monday morning after Jordan Spieth was crowned the latest U.S. Open champion.
- US Open Sunday viewership down from last West Coast event Updated: Jun-22-15 5:47 pm
NEW YORK - With Tiger Woods missing the cut, the U.S. Open's TV viewership for the final round was down 30 percent from the last time the tournament was on the West Coast.
- Local caddie Michael Greller savors Jordan Spieth's title Updated: Jun-22-15 12:56 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Michael Greller once hauled two golf bags around Chambers Bay in the mornings, then did it again with another in the afternoon, just to make a couple hundred bucks.
- Spieth wins a stunner at Chambers Bay for US Open title Updated: Jun-22-15 12:23 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Jordan Spieth is halfway home to the Grand Slam, a prize only three of the biggest names in modern golf have ever chased.
- Horschel unloads on USGA for condition of Chambers Bay Updated: Jun-22-15 12:15 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Billy Horschel stepped to the microphone with an air of excitement.
- Johnson nudges ahead in US Open Updated: Jun-21-15 8:23 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Dustin Johnson played bogey-free on the front nine at Chambers Bay and built a two-shot lead in the final round of the U.S. Open.
- The Latest: Leaders on course for final round of US Open Updated: Jun-21-15 6:05 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The latest from the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Home rentals for US Open not quite the boon some expected Updated: Jun-21-15 3:32 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Renting out homes for the U.S. Open golf tournament didn't turn out to be quite the windfall some South Puget Sound residents were expecting.
- 5 toughest performances in US Open history Updated: Jun-21-15 1:54 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Jason Day felt wobbly when he bent over and stood up, when he looked at his target and then back at his ball. One step at a time, he pushed himself around Chambers Bay in the third round of the U.S. Open until he had a 68 and a share of the lead.
- Day shoots 68, finishes at 4 under after 3rd round of Open Updated: Jun-20-15 11:08 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Never has Jason Day played so well feeling so miserable.
- A US Open of birdies, bogeys and mind games at Chambers Bay Updated: Jun-20-15 12:39 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Phil Mickelson staggered off Chambers Bay after a 74 that put a big dent in his chances to finally win a U.S. Open. He was eight shots behind and had little hope but to hit the gas in a major where neutral is often the best gear.
- Kaymer, Fowler among big names headed home from US Open Updated: Jun-20-15 12:51 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Martin Kaymer was in trouble when he arrived at the 10th hole during the second round of the U.S. Open. Then the situation got much worse for the defending champion.
- Rumble on the rails part of soundtrack to this US Open Updated: Jun-19-15 3:12 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The number is around 60, give or take, with a rumble that is part of the soundtrack to an already unique U.S. Open.
- Another day, another round in the 80s for Tiger Woods Updated: Jun-19-15 12:08 am
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - The U.S. Open used to be the place Tiger Woods showed why he was the best.
- Mickelson makes early bid at another US Open chance Updated: Jun-18-15 9:00 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Phil Mickelson poured in his fourth birdie on the 11th, taking that giant step toward the hole as he pumped his left fist. His name was atop the leaderboard Thursday at the U.S. Open, and it looked as though he wasn't going anywhere.
- Woodland admitted to hospital after 1st round of US Open Updated: Jun-18-15 8:18 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Gary Woodland has been admitted to a local hospital and diagnosed with a virus after playing in the first round of the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay.
- Rory McIlroy struggles to 72 in 1st round of US Open Updated: Jun-18-15 6:52 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - Count Rory McIlroy among those who failed to figure out the bumpy, bouncy speed of the greens of Chambers Bay on the first day of the U.S. Open.
- North Dakota duo helps make up another quirky US Open field Updated: Jun-17-15 7:05 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - All that separated Tom Hoge and Josh Persons growing up was five years and a few miles, which wouldn't be so odd if their hometown was Dallas or Los Angeles or somewhere in Florida.
- Chambers Bay looks like a links golf course, but it's not Updated: Jun-17-15 6:08 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - When Chambers Bay first opened, one of promotional tags for the course was the opportunity to play, "Pure Links Golf."