- Advocacy groups in Montana, Idaho sue over forest plan Updated: Nov-29-15 1:20 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - Snowmobile clubs and advocacy groups from Montana and Idaho are suing over a U.S. Forest Service plan that bars motorized access in certain areas of the Kootenai National Forest in northwestern Montana.
- Education advocacy group pushes for voucher program Updated: Nov-27-15 10:45 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A leading advocacy group for the creation of a school voucher program in Tennessee says it will renew efforts to pass a proposal in the next legislative session, despite failures in the past three.
- Group says youth drug overdoses up in Kansas Updated: Nov-22-15 1:20 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A study by a nonprofit health advocacy group says youth drug overdose rates are up in Kansas, but that they remain lower than the national rate.
- Groups want easier process to change gender on birth records Updated: Nov-20-15 8:39 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Diversity advocacy groups have asked the state of Virginia to make it easier for a transgender person born in the state to get one's gender changed on birth certificates.
- What's for dinner? Genetically engineered salmon OK'd by FDA Updated: Nov-19-15 10:48 pm
WASHINGTON - What's for dinner? Before long, it may well be genetically modified salmon, the first such altered animal cleared for human consumption in the United States.
- Dinosaur claws among items on annual list of dangerous toys Updated: Nov-18-15 1:24 pm
BOSTON - Dinosaur claws inspired by the movie "Jurassic World" and a quick-folding trampoline are among the items on a consumer watchdog group's annual list of hazardous toys released Wednesday.
- Groups sue Fallin's office over failure to produce records Updated: Nov-09-15 7:06 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma newspaper and a nursing home reform group sued Gov. Mary Fallin's office on Monday, claiming the governor is taking too long to respond to requests for documents under the state's Open Records Act.
- Venezuelan leader to address UN body on human rights Updated: Nov-09-15 10:19 am
GENEVA - Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro will deliver a relatively rare address by a head of state to the U.N. Human Rights Council at a time when the South American country's record has come under scrutiny from advocacy groups.
- Advocacy groups to host Muslim Day on the Hill in Boston Updated: Nov-09-15 9:27 am
BOSTON - The first Muslim Day on the Hill will be held this week at the Massachusetts Statehouse.
- Pipeline advocacy group says TransCanada should reapply Updated: Nov-06-15 4:42 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska industry group that supports the Keystone XL pipeline says the project's developer should reapply for presidential approval after the 2016 elections.
- Tech tycoon spearheads pot legalization bid in California Updated: Nov-02-15 7:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The push to put California among the states where marijuana can be sold to and legally used by adults for recreation took a major step forward on Monday as ballot language backed by Napster co-founder Sean Parker, other wealthy entrepreneurs who support pot legalization and leading advocacy groups was filed with the state.
- Proposed Medicaid cuts worry Ohio families in need of care Updated: Nov-02-15 10:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio Department of Medicaid proposal to reduce or eliminate funding for its nursing services in the coming months is causing concern for some families.