- Girl Scouts asked to end partnership with Barbie Updated: Mar-06-14 3:30 pm
- Record fine proposed for coal mining operations Updated: Mar-06-14 1:27 am
- Lawsuit by 4 couples seeks Wyoming gay marriage Updated: Mar-05-14 9:11 pm
- Miss. religion bill draws debate on discrimination Updated: Mar-05-14 8:55 pm
- Boston parade organizers bars gay group Updated: Mar-05-14 7:38 am
- Latino group leader: Obama is 'deporter in chief' Updated: Mar-04-14 8:52 pm
- Ethics complaint against NY-NJ transit agency head Updated: Mar-03-14 5:50 pm
- Advocacy group targets House GOP on immigration Updated: Mar-03-14 3:26 pm
- Deal held up over gays marching in Boston parade Updated: Mar-03-14 2:48 pm
- Idaho Fish and Game kills 23 wolves in Lolo area Updated: Feb-28-14 9:35 pm
- Critics blast Rio's World Cup, Olympic evictions Updated: Feb-28-14 11:16 am
- Former head of nonprofit group faces theft charges Updated: Feb-25-14 7:08 pm
- HIV patients get temporary reprieve with lawsuit Updated: Feb-25-14 4:25 pm
- Group sues to force insurers to take AIDS money Updated: Feb-20-14 9:04 pm
- DiCaprio Foundation gives $3M to advocacy group Updated: Feb-20-14 10:43 am
- Advocacy group sues NC DMV claiming discrimination Updated: Feb-18-14 7:00 pm
- Washington at center of microbrewery growth Updated: Feb-17-14 2:29 pm
- Gun control groups argue for assault weapons ban Updated: Feb-14-14 5:04 pm
- Couples, groups launch Nevada gay marriage push Updated: Feb-13-14 11:07 pm
- AG aide: Martinez's copter flight didn't break law Updated: Feb-11-14 3:14 pm
- Conn. unions back public retirement account bill Updated: Feb-11-14 1:29 pm
- Group seeks NYS money for NYC schools Updated: Feb-11-14 6:52 am
- Director named for business lobbying group Updated: Feb-09-14 10:19 am
- Malloy pledges to end homelessness for veterans Updated: Feb-06-14 3:59 pm
- Casinos get a slice of public business Updated: Feb-06-14 5:19 am
NEW YORK - America's top doll, Barbie, finds herself in controversy once again, this time over a business partnership between her manufacturer, Mattel, and the Girl Scouts.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is proposing a record fine for thousands of water pollution violations by coal mine operators in five Appalachian states.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Four gay couples and a gay rights advocacy group sued Gov. Matt Mead and other officials Wednesday in an attempt to get Wyoming to recognize gay marriage.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A gay-rights group is asking Mississippi legislators to specify that a religious-practices bill won't open the way for discrimination if it becomes law.
BOSTON - Boston's mayor is hoping a deal can still be reached to allow a gay group to march in the city's St. Patrick's Day parade, even after organizers said they were deceived by a gay veterans group and ended negotiations.
WASHINGTON - The president of a prominent Latino advocacy group called President Barack Obama the "deporter in chief," denouncing the administration's deportation of nearly 2 million immigrants.
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Democrat-leaning public interest group filed an ethics complaint Monday against the chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, alleging that the powerful real estate lawyer and close ally of Gov. Chris Christie misused his public position to benefit clients.
WASHINGTON - An advocacy group affiliated with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg launched a nationwide ad on Monday that implores House Republicans to act this election year on legislation overhauling the nation's immigration system.
BOSTON - A gay rights advocacy group said Monday that it is pushing for gay people to be allowed to march "openly and honestly" in Boston's St. Patrick's Day parade, but an agreement has not been reached with parade organizers.
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho wildlife officials have killed 23 wolves in northern Idaho in an effort to boost the number of elk in the region.
RIO DE JANEIRO - With her family of six living in five different houses scattered across the city, Dalvaneide Pequeno do Nascimento longs for the days when her whole clan shared the same roof.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The former head of a substance abuse and education advocacy group has been charged with stealing more than $60,000 from the group.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A federal judge received assurances Tuesday that three insurance companies won't immediately stop accepting premium payments from a program that helps HIV and AIDS patients cover health care costs.
NEW ORLEANS - An advocacy group said in a lawsuit Thursday that an insurance company is violating the Affordable Care Act by refusing to take premium payments from a federal program that helps HIV and AIDS patients pay for care.
NEW YORK - International advocacy group Oceana says it has received a $3 million grant from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation for its work to protect threatened ocean habitat and keystone marine species such as sharks.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An advocacy group representing disabled people is suing the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles, charging the agency discriminates against drivers with disabilities.
SEATTLE - Washington state is at the center of continuing growth in microbreweries, as one of four states that have a third of all U.S. breweries, according to a beer crafters' lobbying group.
BALTIMORE - Two gun-control advocacy groups have filed legal arguments in support of the Firearms Safety Act passed last year. Gun rights activists are trying to overturn the law.
LAS VEGAS - Several gay couples helped a coalition of advocacy groups in Nevada put a face on what they called marriage equality on Thursday, launching a push to get the Legislature in 2015 and voters in 2016 to change the state constitution to allow same-sex unions.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez didn't break the law when she took a ride on a State Police helicopter to avoid missing a commercial flight to attend political fundraisers in Texas in 2011, a top official in the New Mexico attorney general's office has concluded.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut unions and other advocacy groups are pushing again for legislation creating a new public retirement plan for people without an employer-sponsored plan.
NEW YORK - An education advocacy group is seeking to get New York State to make good on a 2007 promise to increase school spending in New York City schools.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Veteran lobbyist Dawn Starns has been named Louisiana director of the National Federation of Independent Business.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A coalition of groups seeking to eliminate homelessness among Connecticut veterans cheered Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's decision Thursday to include money in his budget proposal for a new security deposit program to help homeless vets.
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana politicians and special interest groups spent more than $185,000 in campaign dollars at casinos and gambling establishments in three states from 2009 to 2012, records show.