- Lucky breaks with federal funds, pensions help Kansas budget Updated: Aug-02-15 1:53 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's latest efforts to prevent a state budget deficit were assisted by a well-timed decision on health care funding from federal officials and better-than-expected news about teacher pensions.
- Environmental group sues to stop bear hunting in Florida Updated: Jul-31-15 2:19 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - An environmental advocacy group on Friday sued Florida's wildlife protection commission, demanding a stop to a planned bear hunting season in the fall.
- Oklahoma, advocacy groups reach agreement on voter rights Updated: Jul-30-15 6:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma residents who seek public assistance from various state agencies will be provided more opportunities to register to vote under the terms of a settlement agreement announced Thursday that would stave off a potential lawsuit over the state's compliance with federal voting laws.
- US agency denies request for Fiat Chrysler investigation Updated: Jul-28-15 5:21 pm
DETROIT - U.S. auto safety regulators have rejected a request from an advocacy group to investigate power system failures in almost 5 million Fiat Chrysler vehicles that potentially could cause stalling and other problems.
- Group launches campaign to strengthen Clean Election law Updated: Jul-28-15 4:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A non-partisan group launched a campaign Tuesday to sway voters to say "yes" to a November ballot issue they say will level the playing field between publicly and privately financed candidates.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- McCrory's education adviser leaving to join national group Updated: Jul-14-15 6:37 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory's education adviser since 2013 is leaving the administration to join a national advocacy group focused on extending the influence of former Teach for America program members.
- Latino leader urges more businesses to cut ties from Trump Updated: Jul-10-15 7:08 am
UNIVERSAL CITY, California - The head of a Latino civil rights group called on more organizations to follow NBC's example and cut business ties with Donald Trump.