- Nativity scene on display at Florida Capitol Updated: Dec-03-13 6:26 pm
- Sacramento atheists spark debate with billboards Updated: Dec-02-13 6:48 pm
- Atheist group, Rankin schools settle prayer suit Updated: Nov-26-13 12:45 pm
- Kansas City atheists find a place to volunteer Updated: Nov-15-13 9:17 am
- Atheist group's Thanksgiving help rejected Updated: Nov-12-13 10:28 am
- Atheists see lake retreat as refuge from religion Updated: Nov-12-13 10:27 am
- Atheist 'mega-churches' take root across US, world Updated: Nov-10-13 11:37 pm
- Atheist student leader OK at Ore. Christian school Updated: Nov-08-13 4:40 pm
- Eugene Christian college student leader is atheist Updated: Nov-06-13 9:52 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A private group placed a Nativity scene in the Florida state Capitol on Tuesday in an event that included prayers, children singing Christmas carols and a celebration of Jesus' birth.
SACRAMENTO, California - Amid the barrage of Christmas advertising, a group of non-believers is blanketing California's capital city with billboards proclaiming their lack of faith - and that atheists can be "good moral people, too."
JACKSON, Mississippi - An atheist group and the Rankin County School District have settled a lawsuit over allegations that high school students were forced to attend religion-tinged on-campus programs.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A group of atheist volunteers from Kansas City have found a new place to volunteer after a Christian mission declined their offer to help deliver Thanksgiving meals to the needy.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Christian charity organization in Kansas City has rejected an atheist group's offer to help distribute Thanksgiving meals to the poor and elderly this year.
MUNFORD, Alabama - Roger and Pat Cleveland, of Talladega County, first had the idea in the 1980s to create an oasis where atheists in Alabama and the South could gather.
LOS ANGELES - It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Several hundred people, including families with small children, packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational talk and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.
EUGENE, Oregon - Despite a public declaration that he's an atheist, the student body president of a Christian university in Eugene isn't in trouble with his school.
EUGENE, Oregon - The student body president of Northwest Christian University in Eugene "came out" last week as an atheist.