- Police: 4 women arrested in Wichita prostitution sting Updated: Sep-03-15 3:05 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police have arrested four women in a prostitution sting in downtown Wichita.
- Candidate for sheriff in Highlands County arrested Updated: Sep-03-15 3:04 am
SEBRING, Florida - A candidate for Highlands County sheriff was arrested and charged with practicing law without a license.
- Utah man charged with defacing California war memorial Updated: Sep-03-15 12:29 am
DANVILLE, California - Officials say a Utah man has been charged with felony vandalism for defacing a war memorial in Northern California.
- Man sentenced for manslaughter in 1987 Linn County slaying Updated: Sep-02-15 11:52 pm
ALBANY, Oregon - A 53-year-old man accused in the 1987 slaying of a man he served time with at the Oregon State Penitentiary has been sentenced to more than eight years in prison.
- Judge refuses to drop charges against police in Gray death Updated: Sep-02-15 11:31 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore judge on Wednesday refused to dismiss charges against six police officers in connection with the death of a black man from injuries he suffered while in custody. The judge also refused to remove the prosecutor in the case.
- Police arrest 18-year-olds in shooting death in Vegas home Updated: Sep-02-15 8:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say they have arrested three 18-year-old men in connection with the shooting death of a man found Monday night in his northwest Las Vegas valley home.
- California data shows racial disparity in arrests, deaths Updated: Sep-02-15 8:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Just 6 percent of Californians are African American, yet they are involved in 17 percent of all arrests in the state and a quarter of in-custody deaths, according to what officials called a nationally unprecedented release of data Wednesday.
- The Latest: Protester to face assault against officer Updated: Sep-02-15 7:38 pm
BALTIMORE - The latest on the first court hearing for six Baltimore police officers who are charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man who died a week after suffering a spinal cord injury in custody (all times local):
- Man accused in North Carolina crime spree arrested in NYC Updated: Sep-02-15 7:33 pm
NEW YORK - A man who police say killed a pawn shop owner and raped a teenage girl during a "one-man crime spree" in North Carolina has been arrested in New York City after officers found him with the two loaded guns in a stolen car they tracked across two boroughs, Police Commissioner William Bratton said Wednesday.
- Corning police officer arrested on drug charges Updated: Sep-02-15 7:29 pm
CORNING, Arkansas - A prosecutor says a Corning police officer has been arrested on drug charges.
- Suspect in Florida doctor's death violates federal probation Updated: Sep-02-15 7:22 pm
ST. LOUIS - One of two Missouri men charged with killing a southwest Florida doctor was sentenced Wednesday for a probation violation that investigators allege put him in the same county where the physician was killed - more than 1,100 miles from his eastern Missouri home - a day before her body was found.
- Dodge County assessor arrested shortly after resigning Updated: Sep-02-15 6:53 pm
FREMONT, Nebraska - The Dodge County assessor was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of threat shortly after she resigned her post during a contentious meeting in which county board members accused of mismanaging the office.
- Man charged with robbing same restaurant twice in 5 weeks Updated: Sep-02-15 6:44 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police have arrested a man they say robbed the same Wilmington restaurant twice in five weeks.
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam Updated: Sep-02-15 5:50 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Two Georgia men have been charged in North Dakota in connection with a ring that cashed several counterfeit checks worth thousands of dollars.
- Prison guard charged with lying about smuggling operation Updated: Sep-02-15 5:50 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A corrections officer has been charged with lying to federal investigators about a scheme to smuggle contraband into a Florida prison.
- 11 arrested in alleged Indiana heroin, meth trafficking ring Updated: Sep-02-15 4:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Eleven people were arrested Wednesday on federal charges alleging they ran a violent drug-trafficking operation that funneled heroin and methamphetamine from Arizona onto the streets of Indiana's two-largest cities.
- Arkansas indictments announced in 'pill mill' crackdown Updated: Sep-02-15 4:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Additional indictments have been announced for illegal prescription drug sales as part of crackdown on prescription drug abuse.
- 4 teens who escaped juvenile facility arrested in Brookings Updated: Sep-02-15 4:42 pm
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - Four teenagers who escaped from a juvenile placement facility in Sioux Falls have been arrested in Brookings.
- Teen arrested after school officials find gun in backpack Updated: Sep-02-15 3:35 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - A teen suspected of smoking marijuana near school was arrested after administrators found an unloaded gun and ammunition in his backpack.
- Lawyer: Turkey moves Vice journalists to distant prison Updated: Sep-02-15 3:20 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Two Vice News journalists and their assistant who were arrested in Turkey on terror-related charges have been transferred to a prison more than 500 kilometers (300 miles) away from their lawyers and the courthouse where they face trial, a lawyer said Wednesday.
- Suspect wanted in slaying of mother of 2 arrested Updated: Sep-02-15 1:14 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a man wanted in the shooting death of a mother of two in central Pennsylvania over the weekend has been arrested.
- 2 men arrested in Tulsa shooting death of woman in her car Updated: Sep-02-15 12:59 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police in Tulsa say two suspects have been arrested in the shooting death of a woman who was found in her car on a city street.
- Charges dropped against man in double slaying Updated: Sep-02-15 11:20 am
ELIZABETHTON, Tennessee - A prosecutor in East Tennessee has dropped charges against the second of three men charged in a double slaying.
- Mistrial declared for man who shot Union County neighbor Updated: Sep-02-15 11:19 am
MAYNARDVILE, Tennessee - A Union County judge has declared a mistrial in the prosecution of an eastern Tennessee man accused of second-degree murder in the slaying of his neighbor.
- 2 Ouachita Parish students arrested Updated: Sep-02-15 10:25 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Two students in the Ouachita Parish School system have been arrested in separate incidents.