- Patient strategy pays off for FBI in ending Oregon standoff Updated: Feb-12-16 1:25 pm
BURNS, Oregon - The last four armed occupiers of an Oregon wildlife refuge surrendered without a shot being fired, signaling a victory for the FBI's patient approach and reflecting lessons that agents have learned since past bloody standoffs.
- Troopers arrest man suspected in violent home eviction Updated: Feb-12-16 11:42 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Houston, Alaska, man has been arrested for taking part in a home eviction that Alaska State Troopers say turned violent.
- Mauritania arrests Interior Ministry official for corruption Updated: Feb-12-16 11:16 am
NOUAKCHOTT, Mauritania - An official in Mauritania says the secretary-general of the Interior Ministry has been arrested on suspicion of corruption connected to a British company.
- Arrest made in shooting death of 70-year-old Wareham man Updated: Feb-12-16 11:13 am
WAREHAM, Massachusetts - Police have made an arrest in the shooting death of a 70-year-old man who was found slain in his Wareham home.
- Feds look to seize home of accused scammer, racecar driver Updated: Feb-12-16 10:53 am
ASPEN, Colorado - Federal authorities are looking to seize the Aspen home of professional racecar driver Scott Tucker, who is accused of running a payday lending operation offering quick cash over the Internet to desperate people.
- Oregon City woman accused of killing husband Updated: Feb-12-16 9:49 am
OREGON CITY, Oregon - Oregon City police arrested a 56-year-old woman accused of fatally shooting her husband.
- Bossier Parish father, son arrested on drug charge Updated: Feb-12-16 9:29 am
PRINCETON, Louisiana - Authorities say a Bossier Parish father and son have been arrested for production of methamphetamines at their home in Princeton.
- Rapid City man arrested twice for drunken driving in 3 hours Updated: Feb-12-16 9:00 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A Rapid City man was arrested for driving drunk twice in a span of about three hours, in two different vehicles - in part due to a mistake by police.
- UK police charge boyfriend in slaying of actress, children Updated: Feb-12-16 8:44 am
LONDON - British police say they have charged the boyfriend of a British actress with murdering her and her two young children.
- Iowan gets probation for insurance fraud, false report Updated: Feb-12-16 8:40 am
DUBUQUE, Iowa - An eastern Iowa woman has been sentenced for insurance fraud and filing a false report.
- Iranian man pleads not guilty in bank fraud case Updated: Feb-12-16 8:15 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - An Iranian national accused of selling stolen financial information was arrested after flying to New York upon winning a lottery that allowed him to obtain a U.S. permanent resident visa, federal officials say.
- Notorious Florida burglar arrested again in upstate New York Updated: Feb-12-16 7:51 am
WILTON, New York - Authorities say a 69-year-old ex-convict who pulled off hundreds of burglaries in Florida is back behind bars in New York after getting caught stealing from an upstate residence.
- Jefferson Parish couple arrested in death of son Updated: Feb-12-16 7:16 am
WAGGAMAN, Louisiana - Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies say the father and stepmother of a Waggaman teenager face a charge of second-degree murder in the wake of the boy's death.
- Former UNC official arrested after gun found at airport Updated: Feb-12-16 6:57 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - A former University of North Carolina Board of Governors chairman has been arrested after authorities say they found a small handgun in his briefcase as he passed through a security checkpoint at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
- Pakistani intelligence arrests nearly 100 militants Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 am
KARACHI, Pakistan - Pakistan's intelligence agencies arrested a collective of 97 "hardcore terrorists" from three banned groups involved in a string of major terrorist attacks and seized weapons, explosives and communications gear intended for future attacks, a Pakistani official said Friday.
- Thai police say slain Spaniard's DNA found in suspect's home Updated: Feb-12-16 6:21 am
BANGKOK - Police in Thailand said Friday they have found bloodstains and DNA from a Spanish victim in the apartment of the Spanish man who was arrested on suspicion of killing and dismembering him.
- Man wanted in Chicago area home invasion arrested in Mexico Updated: Feb-12-16 4:45 am
CHICAGO - A man who was wanted in connection with a 2014 suburban Chicago home invasion has been captured in Mexico and returned to the United States.
- Former inmate says he was held for sentence already served Updated: Feb-12-16 4:15 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A man is suing the Knox County Sheriff's Office, saying he was illegally detained for 22 days for a sentence he already served.
- Wyoming man charged with animal cruelty arrested in Oregon Updated: Feb-12-16 1:39 am
POWELL, Wyoming - Park County authorities say a man facing animal cruelty charges after several dead animals were found on his northwestern Wyoming property has been arrested in Oregon.
- Son: Gunman who killed deputies violent, abusive to family Updated: Feb-11-16 10:07 pm
EDGEWOOD, Maryland - Before he fired a shot at a sheriff's deputy, sending bystanders fleeing from a suburban sandwich shop, a drifter had a history of harming, stalking and scaring those closest to him, according to the man's estranged son.
- Arkansas judge is charged in death of son left in hot car Updated: Feb-11-16 9:40 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas judge was arrested Thursday on a complaint of negligent homicide after the death of his son who was left in the back seat of a hot car last summer.
- Lawyers spar over whether girl was abducted or fled with man Updated: Feb-11-16 9:30 pm
FULLERTON, California - A prosecutor said on Thursday that a California man was eying his girlfriend's 15-year-old daughter before he helped bring the girl up from Mexico, raped her, abducted her from the family's home and forced her to live with him under a false name for a decade.
- Latest: Lawyers disagree with charge against judge for death Updated: Feb-11-16 9:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Latest on an Arkansas judge facing a negligent homicide charge after his son's death in the back seat of a hot car (all times local):
- The Latest: Funeral arrangement for deputy announced Updated: Feb-11-16 8:44 pm
ABINGDON, Maryland - The Latest on a gunman fatally shooting two sheriff's deputies and being killed in a shootout (all times local):
- 3 charged with operating meth lab in Felton Updated: Feb-11-16 7:52 pm
FELTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police have charged three men with operating a meth lab in Felton.