- No bail for Journey drummer Deen Castronovo on rape charge Updated: Jun-30-15 7:08 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Journey drummer Deen Castronovo will remain in an Oregon jail after his indictment on charges of rape and other crimes.
- Man accused in Boko Haram abduction of Chibok girls arrested Updated: Jun-30-15 7:08 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - Nigeria's army says troops have arrested a businessman accused of "participating actively" in Boko Haram's mass abduction of nearly 300 schoolgirls from the northeastern town of Chibok that drew international outrage.
- Man allegedly posing as firefighter arrested near wildfire Updated: Jun-30-15 6:58 pm
BIG BEAR LAKE, California - Authorities have arrested a man they say was driving a stolen car full of firefighting gear near a Southern California wildfire.
- Tip leads to arrest of Iowa fugitive who fled in 1999 Updated: Jun-30-15 6:29 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A tip from the public on the potential whereabouts of a longtime Iowa fugitive has led to his arrest in Mexico.
- Judge issues gag order in Texas biker shooting case Updated: Jun-30-15 6:19 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - A sweeping gag order was issued Tuesday in a lawsuit arising from a May brawl at a roadside restaurant in Waco, Texas, in which nine bikers were killed and 177 people arrested.
- Las Vegas man accused of threatening Obama in Facebook posts Updated: Jun-30-15 5:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas man accused of posting Facebook threats to harm President Barack Obama was arrested with seven registered guns after being overheard asking about buying a type of fertilizer used in the bombing of the Oklahoma City federal building 20 years ago, according to court records reviewed Tuesday.
- Man accused of leaving racist messages at church arrested Updated: Jun-30-15 5:33 pm
DENVER - A man has acknowledged leaving what police say are racist messages outside a Colorado Springs church that is predominantly attended by African American parishioners.
- Tennessee double-homicide suspect arrested in Florida Updated: Jun-30-15 5:05 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Authorities say a suspect in a Tennessee double-homicide has been arrested in northeast Florida.
- Prosecutor: Woman shot firearms instructor in face Updated: Jun-30-15 4:50 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A woman brought a hammer to a firearms lesson and then tried to kill her instructor by shooting him in the face with a revolver, a prosecutor said.
- Oro Valley police: Tucson woman is accused of internet fraud Updated: Jun-30-15 4:49 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - A Tucson woman is in custody after authorities say they recovered dozens of fraudulently purchased items from her apartment.
- Egypt's president vows 'swift justice' after assassination Updated: Jun-30-15 3:56 pm
CAIRO - President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi vowed Tuesday to accelerate a crackdown on extremists and bring "swift justice" after the assassination of Egypt's chief prosecutor, raising the prospect of carrying out executions of senior Muslim Brotherhood figures, including the former president.
- Off-duty Hartford police officer charged with assault Updated: Jun-30-15 3:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An off-duty Hartford police officer has been charged with breaking into a woman's home and assaulting her.
- Trove of evidence turned over in case of Freddie Gray death Updated: Jun-30-15 3:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Prosecutors have turned over a massive trove of medical records, emails and other evidence to attorneys representing six officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, the first public glimpse of the threads the state is using to weave together its case.
- Report urges major steps to help victims of cardiac arrest Updated: Jun-30-15 1:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Would you know what to do if you see someone collapse, not breathing - a loved one at home, a co-worker at the office, a stranger on the street? Far too many Americans die of cardiac arrest, and now a major new report urges a national campaign to improve survival in part by making sure more bystanders know how to help.
- Man suspected of killing Tennessee in-laws found in Florida Updated: Jun-30-15 12:31 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A man suspected of killing his in-laws in Tennessee was arrested early Tuesday in Jacksonville.
- Idaho pair wanted for Oregon, California robberies arrested Updated: Jun-30-15 12:15 pm
GOODING, Idaho - A man and a teenage girl from Arco, Idaho wanted in connection with robberies in Idaho, Oregon and California have been arrested.
- Rioting breaks out after death of man in police custody Updated: Jun-30-15 11:53 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A demonstration against police erupted into violence in The Hague, with protesters angry at the death in custody of a man over the weekend smashing windows and throwing rocks and fireworks at officers.
- Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend to death in Fresno Updated: Jun-30-15 10:28 am
FRESNO, California - A woman is facing murder charges in connection with the stabbing death of her boyfriend in Fresno.
- Mother arrested in baby's death says she heard attack Updated: Jun-30-15 10:26 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - The mother facing charges in the death of her infant daughter in western Colorado allegedly said her husband attacked the fussy baby as she listened from another room but she didn't stop him.
- Champaign sex offender found with 5 children in vehicle Updated: Jun-30-15 10:09 am
URBANA, Illinois - Police in Urbana say they've arrested a registered child sex offender after officers found him with five children in his vehicle at a park.
- Airline ops manager working on 9/11 is charged in sex sting Updated: Jun-30-15 9:57 am
PITTSBURGH - An American Airlines operations manager who was among the few people to learn of the first 9/11 hijacking before the jet struck the World Trade Center has been arrested near Pittsburgh in an online child-sex sting.
- 6 more people arrested in Houlton meth investigation Updated: Jun-30-15 7:53 am
HOULTON, Maine - An investigation into a methamphetamine manufacturing operation inside a Houlton apartment house has resulted in six more arrests.
- Cops: 1 arrested in Philly cookout shooting that injured 11 Updated: Jun-30-15 7:40 am
PHILADELPHIA - Police say a 23-year-old suspect has turned himself in after a shooting that injured 11 people at a Philadelphia cookout.
- Police arrest more than 20 people after drug investigation Updated: Jun-30-15 7:23 am
WILLIMANTIC, Connecticut - Police say more than 20 people have been arrested in eastern Connecticut in connection with a three-month narcotics investigation.
- Police: Woman arrested in hit-and-run Updated: Jun-30-15 6:35 am
BETHEL, Vermont - Police have made an arrest nearly a week after a hit-and-run accident in which the driver didn't pay for gas at a Vermont station and then collided with another car, injuring that driver.