- Man facing 2nd-degree murder charges in Phoenix car crash Updated: May-06-15 8:38 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a man accused of driving impaired is facing two counts of second-degree murder after a fatal head-on crash in Phoenix.
- Honolulu police use sex assault charge in prostitution sting Updated: May-06-15 8:34 pm
HONOLULU - A Honolulu police spokeswoman says the department worked with federal agencies on a prostitution sting that led to sex assault charges against about a dozen women.
- Sheriff: Woman held for driving wrong way while drunk, naked Updated: May-06-15 8:25 pm
GRANT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Michigan authorities say they arrested a naked drunken woman who was driving the wrong way after leaving her naked husband and their child at a rest stop.
- Painting crew argument leads to shooting, assault arrest Updated: May-06-15 8:07 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An argument between members of an Anchorage painting crew erupted into a shooting that left one man seriously wounded and another under arrest.
- 2 suspects arrested in fatal Reno beating Updated: May-06-15 8:04 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reno police have arrested two suspects in connection with the fatal beating of a 56-year-old Reno man over the weekend a few blocks southeast of downtown.
- Baltimore mayor seeks federal civil-rights probe of police Updated: May-06-15 7:12 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's mayor was emphatic last week: She did not want federal oversight of her police department.
- Cleveland police announce arrest in quintuple homicide Updated: May-06-15 6:26 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland police say they've arrested a suspect in a shooting last year that left five dead, including an unborn child.
- Recent examples of arrests in 'homegrown terrorism' cases Updated: May-06-15 5:49 pm
This week's attempted attack on a cartoon contest in Garland, Texas, raised concerns about the threat of terrorist activity by individuals in the U.S. inspired by the propaganda of the Islamic State group and other extremist organizations. Some other recent cases:
- Baby sitter charged with murder in Oregon infant's death Updated: May-06-15 5:38 pm
OREGON CITY, Oregon - An Oregon City baby sitter has now been charged with murder in last month's death of a 7-month-old boy.
- Omaha to pay $350K bill for suspect's hospital stay Updated: May-06-15 4:58 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The city of Omaha will pay a $350,000 medical bill because police arrested a man while he was at a hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound in October.
- Marshall RB charged in beating of 2 gay men, kicked off team Updated: May-06-15 4:56 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall running back Steward Butler was charged in the beating of two gay men Wednesday and dismissed from the team.
- Democrats fail to oust NY Senate's GOP leader after arrest Updated: May-06-15 4:46 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Republican leader of the state Senate survived a largely symbolic effort by Democratic lawmakers to oust him from his position Wednesday following his arrest on federal corruption charges.
- Connecticut fraud investigator arrested on wire fraud charge Updated: May-06-15 4:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut Department of Social Services official who manages the agency's fraud and waste investigations was arrested Wednesday on a federal wire fraud charge, stemming from false information that prosecutors say he submitted in 2012 for a personal mortgage modification.
- Teacher arrested after burning students with Tesla coil Updated: May-06-15 4:16 pm
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon science teacher who police say used a Tesla coil to burn the phrase "I love mom" into the arms of students has been charged with criminal mistreatment.
- Woman known for trying to sneak on planes jailed in Chicago Updated: May-06-15 3:41 pm
CHICAGO - A woman with a history of trying to sneak onto planes without a ticket has been arrested twice in recent days at both of Chicago's international airports after being spotted loitering in terminal areas, police said Wednesday.
- Former Iowa sheriff's deputy gets probation in assault Updated: May-06-15 3:40 pm
NEW HAMPTON, Iowa - A former Iowa sheriff's deputy has received a deferred judgment and probation on assault charges stemming from an incident when he was off-duty.
- Authorities seize meth, heroin packaged as Mexican candy Updated: May-06-15 3:28 pm
ATLANTA - Federal authorities say they've seized methamphetamine and heroin that was packaged to look like Mexican candy.
- Burundian opposition leader arrested as protests continue Updated: May-06-15 3:14 pm
BUJUMBURA, Burundi - Burundian Police arrested an opposition leader Wednesday after he attended a meeting of foreign ministers from the East African Community who were seeking a solution to the unrest in the country, triggered by President Pierre Nkurunziza's decision to run for a third term.
- DNA ties inmate to 1993 cold case of Mesa woman's death Updated: May-06-15 3:07 pm
MESA, Arizona - An Arizona inmate is being named as the suspected killer of a Mesa woman whose bullet-riddled body was found in an apartment fire more than 20 years ago.
- Police arrest 2 in Portland waterfront shooting Updated: May-06-15 2:50 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police have made two arrests in the shooting of a 19-year-old man along the Portland waterfront.
- FIFA hits back at German TV after arrests in Qatar Updated: May-06-15 2:38 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has heavily criticized its broadcasting partner in Germany for a documentary about World Cup hosts Russia and Qatar that was aired after a reporter revealed his filming crew had been arrested in Doha and had footage and personal data deleted.
- Relative: Mom charged with killing daughter cared for her Updated: May-06-15 2:37 pm
CLEVELAND - A woman charged with killing her adult daughter and dumping her body in a field raised three girls alone after her husband died and cared for her daughter very much, a relative said Wednesday.
- Former Flagler elections chief arrested Updated: May-06-15 2:32 pm
BUNNELL, Florida - The former elections chief in Flagler County has been charged with making illegal recordings of conversations.
- California man arrested in fatal crash faces protesters Updated: May-06-15 2:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Friends and family of a woman and a toddler killed last weekend by a drunken driver unleashed their anger on a San Francisco Bay Area suspect Tuesday.
- Illinois cousins appear in court in Islamic State case Updated: May-06-15 1:23 pm
CHICAGO - Prosecutors have told a federal judge in Chicago they'll soon start turning over evidence to lawyers for two suburban cousins accused of plotting terrorist attacks to support the Islamic State group.