- Lawsuit from prisoner who sought an abortion dismissed Updated: Jul-31-15 3:19 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - A federal judge said he would dismiss a lawsuit filed by a pregnant prisoner who sought an abortion after the woman told him during a hearing Friday she had changed her mind and now wants to deliver the child, a reversal called "highly suspicious" by one of her lawyers.
- Teen boat operator in fatal accident cited for infractions Updated: Jul-31-15 2:58 pm
GREENWICH, Connecticut - A teenage girl who operated a boat involved in a fatal accident on Long Island Sound last year has been cited for infractions and fined $150.
- June US mine inspections result in 139 citations Updated: Jul-29-15 3:09 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Federal inspectors issued 139 citations and three orders at U.S. mine operations in June.
- Man crashes pickup into home after reckless driving citation Updated: Jul-23-15 7:43 am
LEXINGTON, Nebraska - Authorities are investigating after a 22-year-old man crashed his pickup into a rural Lexington house hours after being ticketed for reckless driving.
- 1 child hurt when car crashes into Zion day care center Updated: Jul-22-15 8:13 pm
BEACH PARK, Illinois - The Lake County Sheriff's Office said a 33-year-old Kenosha woman was ticketed after her unlicensed, 16-year-old niece crashed into a suburban Chicago day care center.
- Dog owner cited for leaving pet in truck in hot weather Updated: Jul-21-15 7:23 am
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - A pet owner who left his dog in his truck in hot weather has been cited by La Crosse police for cruelty to animals.
- Boston Councilor wants unredacted copy of 2024 Olympics bid Updated: Jul-20-15 4:39 pm
BOSTON - A City Councilor is demanding a full copy of the initial bid Boston submitted to the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- Kauai police crack down on drivers using cellphones Updated: Jul-20-15 2:40 pm
LIHUE, Hawaii - Kauai police say they have issued 539 tickets to people using cellphones while driving, an offense that can come with a pricey $300 fine for first-time law-breakers.
- Ga. deputy cited for speeding after caught on citizen video Updated: Jul-18-15 10:04 am
APPLING, Georgia - A Georgia sheriff's deputy is being disciplined after a citizen recorded video of him speeding in a patrol car.
- Nearly 180 arrests, citations made during Torch Lake party Updated: Jul-17-15 2:37 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Authorities say they racked up nearly 180 citations and arrests during Fourth of July festivities that drew an estimated 10,000 people on and around Torch Lake in northern Michigan.
- Fight over police videos likely to continue despite ruling Updated: Jul-15-15 7:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - A judge's decision to release videos showing police killing an unarmed California man doesn't mean it will be easier for the public to get such footage. In fact, it shows police will do all they can to keep recordings secret.
- Officer hurt in deadly wrong-way crash plans to sue city Updated: Jul-15-15 3:07 pm
LINDEN, New Jersey - A New Jersey police officer who survived a wrong-way crash that killed two other people in March is planning to sue his city over its handling of an earlier drunk-driving case against the officer who was allegedly intoxicated at the time of the crash.
- Alachua County considers civil citations for pot possession Updated: Jul-15-15 7:44 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Leaders in Alachua County are considering whether to lighten the penalties for marijuana possession.
- Woman cited for setting off fireworks during golf tournament Updated: Jul-14-15 8:47 pm
SILVIS, Illinois - Authorities in western Illinois say a Rock Island woman will be cited for setting off fireworks during the final hours of the John Deere Classic.
- Shots fired at police officer as he writes traffic citation Updated: Jul-12-15 12:18 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Fayetteville authorities say someone shot at a police officer who had stopped a motorist for a traffic violation. Neither the officer nor the driver was injured.
- County judges dismiss train citations in central Wisconsin Updated: Jul-10-15 1:09 pm
STEVENS POINT, Wisconsin - Law enforcement officials in central Wisconsin are frustrated with court rulings that they believe will allow railroad trains to block road crossings for extended periods of time without repercussions.
- Hornets' Hairston finds more trouble after traffic citations Updated: Jul-08-15 4:16 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte Mecklenburg County Police records indicate Hornets guard P.J. Hairston was cited June 18 for driving with a revoked license and expired tags, speeding and driving left of the center line.
- Cameras catch drivers illegally passing school buses Updated: Jul-08-15 10:38 am
TACOMA, Washington - A school district in Pierce County has issued an average of 30 citations a month since it mounted cameras on school buses last winter to catch drivers illegally passing buses.
- 2 fatalities, 96 citations under 'hands-free' law July 4 Updated: Jul-07-15 6:40 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire State Police say there were two fatal motor vehicle crashes over the July Fourth weekend and over 400 citations given for speeding.
- Correction: Seat Belt Violations story Updated: Jul-06-15 5:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - In a story July 5 about violations under a new Utah seat belt law, The Associated Press erroneously reported information about the number of stops and citations issued. Patrol officers conducted 5,350 stops this year compared to 2,310 during the same period last year, not more than 6,178 stops this year compared to 3,928 last year; and about 70 drivers received full citation tickets this year, not 900.
- Portland parking citations dip in early afternoon Updated: Jul-06-15 9:54 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - When the city of Portland released information from 900,000 parking tickets issued over nearly four years, a few obvious questions popped up:
- Police: Driver who caused 4-car crash cited; 15 injured Updated: Jul-06-15 8:45 am
MILLSBORO, Delaware - A driver has been cited after 15 people were injured in a four-vehicle crash in Millsboro.