- Ohio to replace bridge after tanker fire, reroute traffic Updated: Jul-01-15 10:39 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Transportation officials plan to replace a bridge that was charred early Wednesday morning when a tanker truck carrying ethanol overturned, caught fire and forced closures on two major highways near Ohio's capital, leading to damage possibly up to $1 million and two citations for the driver.
- Woman's parking citation tossed because of missing comma Updated: Jul-01-15 9:17 am
MIDDLETOWN, Ohio - An appeals court has agreed with an Ohio woman who said her parking citation should be tossed because the village law was missing a comma.
- Truck driver given citation 1 day before fatal I-75 crash Updated: Jun-30-15 11:12 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say a truck driver who slammed into numerous stopped cars outside of Chattanooga last week, killing six, had been cited for careless driving in Florida the previous day.
- About 30 people cited for drag racing in Logan County Updated: Jun-28-15 1:05 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police have cited about 30 people in connection with drag racing in Logan County.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Jun-26-15 1:02 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, June 22
- Saline County hopes tickets will curb illegal trash dumping Updated: Jun-25-15 5:05 pm
BENTON, Arkansas - Saline County is trying to curb illegal trash dumping by issuing environmental citations that could result in a fine of up to $10,000.
- Oro Valley man cited for allegedly assaulting vice mayor Updated: Jun-24-15 8:19 pm
ORO VALLEY, Arizona - An Oro Valley man has been arrested for allegedly assaulting the southern Arizona town's vice mayor.
- N. Idaho woman cited after puppies reported abandoned Updated: Jun-24-15 5:55 pm
POST FALLS, Idaho - A 20-year-old northern Idaho woman police say lied to authorities so she could be rid of eight puppies has been cited with filing a false report.
- Wash. driver cited in traffic crash that killed child Updated: Jun-22-15 9:28 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Police in Portland, Oregon, say an Aberdeen, Washington man has been cited for careless driving with an accident in the wake of a March 7 multi-vehicle traffic crash on Interstate 5 that fatally injured a 7-year-old Washington girl.
- Data show few appeal traffic camera citations in Iowa Updated: Jun-21-15 5:52 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Data show drivers in Iowa's largest cities don't often appeal citations from traffic enforcement cameras.
- In Kansas Legislature a bill is not always what it appears Updated: Jun-17-15 6:42 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Legislation funding most of Kansas' state government for its next fiscal year began as a measure giving wildlife and parks officers more discretion in issuing citations and had two other, vastly different incarnations before becoming a bill containing the bulk of the budget.
- Panhandlers missing in Umatilla since passage of ordinance Updated: Jun-17-15 9:53 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - A Umatilla ordinance meant to discourage panhandling seems to have stopped it altogether.
- Largest Florida county proposes citations for pot possession Updated: Jun-16-15 3:30 pm
MIAMI - People caught with small amounts of marijuana could soon get a civil citation instead of a jail term in Florida's largest county, which may become the first in the state to treat marijuana possession as a non-criminal act.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jun-15-15 8:04 am
South Bend Tribune. June 10, 2015.
- Ex-Patriots linebacker cited in hit-and-run that injured 3 Updated: Jun-12-15 4:41 pm
BOSTON - Former New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes was cited by state police Friday for rear-ending another vehicle on a Massachusetts highway then leaving the scene.
- 2 reporters cited for breaking rules at Hastert arraignment Updated: Jun-12-15 1:08 pm
CHICAGO - Two national television news reporters have been cited for violating media orders in federal court during former House Speaker Dennis Hastert's arraignment.
- Citation dropped against adult shop where students taken Updated: Jun-09-15 3:35 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The city of Minneapolis has withdrawn a citation issued to an adult novelty store that middle- and high-school students visited for a field trip last month.
- Correction: Tourists Cited-Homeless Crackdown story Updated: Jun-04-15 4:38 pm
HONOLULU - In a story May 30 about Honolulu's attempts to crackdown on homelessness, The Associated Press reported erroneously that one in five of citations issues for nighttime beach visits went to tourists. The city says about 7 percent of citations issued in 2015, not one in five, have gone to non-residents.
- Step on it: Cobb County police citing 'slowpoke' drivers Updated: Jun-02-15 1:38 pm
MARIETTA, Georgia - Police in one metro Atlanta county are doling out citations to drivers who are slowing down traffic in the fast lane.