- Ohio tests more than 9,800 rape kits or DNA matches Updated: Feb-03-16 6:43 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state's forensic scientists have tested more than 9,800 rape kits submitted by law enforcement agencies around Ohio to check for possible DNA matches.
- Police hope DNA tests will help identify 1996 murder victim Updated: Jan-27-16 5:49 am
HIGHLAND PARK, Michigan - State police are hoping new DNA tests will help them identify a 1996 murder victim and bring them closer to solving the Detroit-area case.
- Investigators learn about killings by romantic partners Updated: Jan-25-16 2:48 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - More than 30 law enforcement officers from around the Southeast gathered in northwest Alabama to learn more about killings involving romantic partners.
- Bill to address rape kit backlog goes before lawmakers Updated: Jan-25-16 12:40 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Legislation aimed at addressing a backlog of rape test kits in the state would appropriate $1.2 million to hire more forensic scientists to process DNA evidence from sexual assault cases in the next fiscal year.
- Connecticut court to decide on use of force to obtain DNA Updated: Jan-24-16 12:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state Supreme Court will be deciding whether prison officials can use reasonable force to take DNA samples from convicted felons who refuse to provide them.
- Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office reduces caseload backlog Updated: Jan-24-16 12:27 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office has reduced a massive caseload backlog, an important step toward regaining the accreditation that it lost in 2009.
- Prosecutor: Ballistics tests inconclusive in girl's shooting Updated: Jan-22-16 8:45 pm
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - Authorities say ballistics tests to determine who fired a shot that injured a young girl during a gun battle last year are inconclusive, but state forensics experts and county prosecutors believe it came from a police officer's gun.
- Sioux Falls police still trying to solve 1981 baby death Updated: Jan-20-16 10:35 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls police are making another attempt to solve the death of a baby 35 years ago.
- Through DNA, family finds missing woman's remains, closure Updated: Jan-19-16 7:59 pm
SANTA ANA, California - As a county gravedigger, Andrew Trejo has helped numerous families bury their loved ones. Nearly 28 years after his mother disappeared, he will finally get to do the same.
- Authorities say DNA tests needed to ID stabbing suspect Updated: Jan-17-16 11:20 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Authorities say it will take DNA testing to identify a suspect in the stabbing of his wife, the couple's two young sons and his wife's father at a home in Cheyenne.
- New Mexico AG hosts Mexican prosecutors, investigators Updated: Jan-16-16 5:41 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A team of Mexican prosecutors, investigators and forensic experts have wrapped up a weeklong training session hosted by New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas.
- The Latest: Olympic committee to work closely with IAAF Updated: Jan-14-16 12:31 pm
MUNICH - The Latest from the IAAF investigation (all times local):
- Doctor: Teen should be tried as juvenile in boy's death Updated: Jan-13-16 5:35 pm
PITTSBURGH - One of two teenagers charged in the beating death of another teen at a group home last year should be tried as a juvenile and be provided with psychological services, a forensic psychologist said.
- Man linked to 1990 killing pleads guilty Updated: Jan-09-16 10:41 am
GONZALES, Louisiana - A 50-year-old man linked almost three years ago by DNA evidence to the 1990 abduction and killing of his uncle's ex-wife has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and second-degree kidnapping charges.