- Report: Lab delays lead to false drug convictions Updated: Apr-20-14 3:52 pm
- Nassau County police seek convicts for their DNA Updated: Apr-19-14 6:47 pm
- Remains of missing woman found in submerged truck Updated: Apr-18-14 8:16 pm
- Autopsies done on 7 Utah babies found in garage Updated: Apr-18-14 7:29 pm
- Pistorius trial: Prosecutor chides defense witness Updated: Apr-17-14 3:40 pm
- Many questions about mom accused in infant deaths Updated: Apr-15-14 6:05 pm
- Security Council sees grim images of Syrian dead Updated: Apr-15-14 5:10 pm
- Bones identified as missing Kansas City man Updated: Apr-15-14 2:49 pm
- DNA, digital X-rays used to ID school remains Updated: Apr-15-14 2:07 pm
- French school carries out DNA dragnet in rape case Updated: Apr-14-14 1:37 pm
- Man charged with 2010 murder based on DNA evidence Updated: Apr-12-14 4:04 am
- DNA evidence leads to conviction in Colorado Updated: Apr-11-14 12:05 pm
- ETSU proposes higher rates for forensic services Updated: Apr-10-14 1:55 pm
- DNA matches Texas inmate in Houston cold cases Updated: Apr-09-14 4:02 pm
- Plea deal to murder in 2007 store owner's shooting Updated: Apr-09-14 3:46 pm
- DNA link leads to man's arrest in 2008 slaying Updated: Apr-09-14 7:20 am
- 5 cold case homicides revived in Grand Junction Updated: Apr-08-14 1:23 pm
- Tuscaloosa County officials mulling forensics lab Updated: Apr-06-14 3:05 pm
- New pic: possible face of man shot in 1978-82 Updated: Apr-05-14 8:44 pm
- DNA evidence leads to Phoenix remains being ID'd Updated: Apr-04-14 6:26 am
- Queens DA: Man held without bail in cold-case rape Updated: Mar-31-14 2:40 pm
- Wisconsin college plans 'body farm' for research Updated: Mar-31-14 11:33 am
- Class uses scientific principles to solve 'crime' Updated: Mar-30-14 12:58 pm
- Ga. man sentenced to life in cold case rape Updated: Mar-27-14 2:30 pm
- Audit slams Kansas City use of cold case money Updated: Mar-27-14 10:02 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Lengthy crime lab delays have forced at least 21 people across Texas to serve time on drug possession charges when the substance they had wasn't illegal, according to a published report Sunday.
MINEOLA, New York - Police are out searching not only for criminals but also for their DNA.
EL PASO, Texas - Skeletal remains found inside a truck recovered from a North Texas lake may be those of a woman who went missing 35 years ago after an argument with her husband, authorities said Friday.
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah - The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office has completed autopsies of seven infants found in cardboard boxes in a woman's garage, but it is unclear when the results will be released.
PRETORIA, South Africa - An expert witness for the defense at the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius was supposed to help the athlete's assertion that he killed his girlfriend by mistake last year, but he ended his testimony on Thursday amid blistering attacks on his credibility by a prosecutor who accused him of slipshod analysis and fuzzy explanations.
SALT LAKE CITY - Investigators are reconstructing a mysterious decade from Megan Huntsman's life as they try to figure out how she concealed seven pregnancies before allegedly strangling or suffocating her newborns.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council fell silent Tuesday after ambassadors viewed a series of ghastly photographs of dead Syrian civil war victims, France's ambassador said. The pictures showed people who were emaciated, with their bones protruding, and some bearing the marks of strangulation and repeated beatings, and eyes having been gouged out.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police say human remains found last year belonged to a man who was last seen in December 2007.
TAMPA , Florida - A researcher from the University of South Florida said Tuesday that a team of forensic experts is using DNA, skeletal analysis and digital X-rays to identify the remains from a former reform school on the Panhandle.
PARIS - French investigators began taking DNA samples Monday from 527 male students and staff at a high school - including boys as young as 14 - as they searched for the assailant who raped a teenage girl on the closed campus.
CHICAGO - Cook County authorities, using DNA evidence obtained from a bandanna, have charged a Chicago man with a murder committed nearly four years ago.
DENVER - The Denver district attorney's office says a man has been convicted of sexually assaulting a woman after a DNA sample taken when he was arrested on other charges more than a decade later linked him to the attack.
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - Officials in eight northeast Tennessee counties are expressing concerns about a proposed increase in fees for death investigations.
HOUSTON - An analysis of Houston police sexual assault kits, which at one time went years without being tested, has resulted in DNA evidence that implicated a prison inmate in multiple assaults dating to 1992, police officials said.
FLINT, Michigan - A man whose first murder trial ended with a deadlocked jury has pleaded no-contest to second-degree murder in the robbery-shooting of a Flint store owner seven years ago.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Armed with new DNA evidence obtained from a previously untested 6-year-old beer can, Baton Rouge police cold-case detectives arrested a man in the April 2008 shooting death of 55-year-old Willie Mitchell.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Mesa County District Attorney Pete Hautzinger said Tuesday he is confident he can successfully prosecute five unsolved cases dating back half a century if enough evidence can be re-examined and witnesses located.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The University of Alabama and Tuscaloosa County government leaders have been asked to assemble a panel to study the feasibility of launching a local forensic investigation lab.
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Pascagoula police hope a forensic artist's work will help identify a young man whose body was dumped from a highway bridge more than 30 years ago. He could have been killed any time from late 1979 to early 1982.
PHOENIX - Authorities say DNA evidence has linked skeletal remains to a Phoenix woman who went missing nearly 18 years ago.
NEW YORK - Authorities say a man could face up to 25 years in prison if he's convicted of raping a woman in her home over 17 years ago.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A northeastern Wisconsin technical college plans to set up a so-called body farm to help forensic researchers study cold-weather decomposition, sparking questions from neighbors about flies, smells and plummeting property values.
HASTINGS, Nebraska - Among the first group to arrive at the crime scene, senior Reilly Fahrenholz carefully photographed each piece of evidence.
ATLANTA - Fulton County prosecutors say a man has been sentenced in a cold case rape.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Federal auditors say Kansas City and Jackson County officials have used federal money intended to help investigate cold cases for cases that did not qualify for the funds.