- Darien takes new look at 1978 killing of Canadian Updated: Dec-05-13 5:28 am
- Man's freedom sought after DNA IDs new suspect Updated: Dec-03-13 10:04 pm
- Biggest exhumation underway from Peru conflict Updated: Dec-03-13 12:10 am
- Wisconsin serial killer dies in South Dakota Updated: Dec-02-13 3:39 pm
- Amid funding woes, Innocence Project curbs cases Updated: Dec-02-13 1:21 pm
- Newspaper: deaths labeled suicide without exam Updated: Dec-01-13 4:18 pm
- Conn. university to test pot for contaminants Updated: Dec-01-13 1:05 pm
- More DNA testing in 35-year-old Calumet Co. murder Updated: Nov-30-13 4:19 pm
- Dog-doo scofflaws get bagged through DNA testing Updated: Nov-27-13 6:25 am
- SF medical examiner faces backlog in death rulings Updated: Nov-24-13 5:50 pm
- New Ohio death row inmate suspect in 1994 killing Updated: Nov-24-13 10:29 am
- Kansas man pleads guilty in 1980 stabbing death Updated: Nov-21-13 11:41 am
- NY man held in '79 death of wife stabbed 108 times Updated: Nov-20-13 4:20 pm
- Saline County judge to decide on DNA testing Updated: Nov-20-13 11:28 am
- DNA testing bill clears Pa. House panel Updated: Nov-19-13 5:08 pm
- Fla. teen's body exhumed in 1972 murder case Updated: Nov-19-13 5:56 am
- Found remains could belong to missing Okla. family Updated: Nov-18-13 4:40 pm
- UK police: Spy in bag probably died by accident Updated: Nov-13-13 3:37 pm
- Washington has anthropologist for tribal remains Updated: Nov-12-13 3:59 pm
- Test to determine if rare fox spotted near Tahoe Updated: Nov-09-13 7:13 pm
- Judge says Neb. prisoner DNA law unconstitutional Updated: Nov-09-13 4:20 pm
- Scientists learn nuclear forensics Updated: Nov-08-13 12:40 pm
- Maine man seeks new trial based on DNA evidence Updated: Nov-07-13 7:41 pm
- Soldotna hospital reduces forensic nurse service Updated: Nov-06-13 2:46 pm
DARIEN, Connecticut - Darien police are re-examining a 35-year-old homicide, relying on advances in DNA testing.
KALKASKA, Michigan - A law clinic established to seek freedom for convicts it believes are innocent says new DNA evidence tying another man to the 1996 rape-slaying of a northern Michigan woman discredits the confession of a mentally ill man now serving life in prison without parole.
CHUNGUI, Peru - Valentin Casa can't shake the recurring nightmares. And this day certainly isn't helping.
MILWAUKEE - A man suspected of killing seven women in Milwaukee over a 21-year-period has died in South Dakota, where he was serving a life prison sentence.
BOISE, Idaho - Sarah Pearce, a young Idaho woman convicted of savagely beating a motorist in 2003 in what may be a wrongful conviction based on mistaken identity, has a key hearing coming up in February that could win her a new trial.
ATLANTA - A newspaper investigation has found that many deaths labeled suicides by authorities in Georgia have not undergone a full forensic examination.
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - The microscope at the University of New Haven, set at 10-times magnification, shows a marijuana leaf covered with dozens of tiny bumps. It's mold, and someone, somewhere could be smoking similarly contaminated pot and not have a clue.
MENASHA, Wisconsin - Calumet County investigators have not given up on the murder case of a 17-year-old girl killed 35 years ago.
BRAINTREE, Massachusetts - Apartment and condo managers, dogged by complaints from those who've experienced the squishy and smelly sensation of stepping onto a pile of dog doo, are turning to DNA testing to identify the culprits who don't clean up after their pets.
SAN FRANCISCO - A shortage of forensic pathologists at the San Francisco medical examiner's office is leading to long delays in issuing death certificates that include a cause of death.
SANDUSKY, Ohio - Police in northern Ohio are reopening their investigation into an unsolved 1994 murder, this time focusing on a man recently sentenced to death in the killing of a young mother and her two children.
MINNEAPOLIS - A cold case revived by Minneapolis police with newly discovered DNA evidence has resulted in a guilty plea to a 1980 murder.
BUFFALO, New York - Thirty-four years after the body of a young mother was found on a flat cemetery gravestone, stabbed 108 times, her former husband - the longtime suspect - has been charged with murder.
SALINA, Kansas - A Saline County district court judge said he will decide as soon as possible on what DNA testing, if any, will be allowed in the case of a man convicted of raping and killing a woman in 1982.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A bill that would expand the authority of police in Pennsylvania to take DNA samples from many suspects before they are convicted of crimes won approval from a key legislative panel Tuesday.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Officials in Volusia County have exhumed a teenager's body in hopes of solving a murder case.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison and their young daughter Madyson had been looking to purchase a 40-acre plot of land near the Sans Bois Mountains in southeastern Oklahoma when they suddenly went missing in 2009.
LONDON - More than three years after the naked, decomposing body of British spy Gareth Williams was discovered stuffed inside a locked gym bag at the bottom of his bathtub, the mystery over his bizarre death lingers, and a police investigation has done little to clear it up.
OLYMPIA, Washington - It is a Spartan setting, the lab where 120 cardboard filing boxes - each with human bones in them, many of them old Native American bones - fill the eight large metal lockers along the walls.
TRUCKEE, California - Wildlife biologists are conducting a DNA test to determine if a rare native fox has been spotted at a lake in northern California near the Nevada state line.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A 2010 Nebraska law that requires prisoners to serve their maximum sentence if they refuse to provide DNA samples to the state violates the constitutional rights of one inmate who sued, a state judge has ruled.
RICHLAND, Washington - A siren blared and lights flashed as an SUV drove through a radiation monitoring station at the HAMMER training center at Hanford.
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine man serving a life sentence for murder in the death of a 12-year-old girl cannot be excluded as the source of DNA found on the girl's T-shirt and scarf, a DNA expert testified Thursday.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Kenai Peninsula's largest hospital is down to three nurses with training in forensic examinations and has stopped offering most overnight exams.