- Mexico: 7 police charged with torture in army slaying case Updated: Jul-01-15 11:46 pm
MEXICO CITY - Authorities in Mexico on Wednesday formally accused seven state police officers of torturing three women who survived a confrontation a year ago in which soldiers allegedly killed at least a dozen suspected gang members after they surrendered.
- 3rd guard charged in sex assaults at women's prison Updated: Jul-01-15 9:20 am
NIANTIC, Connecticut - A third correction officer has been charged with sexually assaulting an inmate inside Connecticut's prison for women.
- Off-duty Hartford police officer charged with assault Updated: Jun-30-15 3:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An off-duty Hartford police officer has been charged with breaking into a woman's home and assaulting her.
- Trove of evidence turned over in case of Freddie Gray death Updated: Jun-30-15 3:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Prosecutors have turned over a massive trove of medical records, emails and other evidence to attorneys representing six officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, the first public glimpse of the threads the state is using to weave together its case.
- 2 former officers plead not guilty in holding-cell beating Updated: Jun-29-15 5:32 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Two former Las Cruces police officers charged with aggravated battery in the beating of a man in a holding cell have pleaded not guilty.
- Putney sworn in as new Charlotte-Mecklenburg police chief Updated: Jun-29-15 2:08 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Kerr Putney is the new chief of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, capping his ascent through the ranks to lead the force in North Carolina's largest city.
- Woman accused of biting officer sentenced to 10 months Updated: Jun-28-15 10:22 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A woman accused of biting a Bureau of Indian Affairs officer on the arm has been sentenced to 10 months in prison.
- Ohio island police chief to go on trial in October Updated: Jun-28-15 9:49 am
PUT-IN-BAY, Ohio - An Ohio police chief accused of ignoring sexual assault claims is slated to go on trial in October.
- Phoenix police officer accused of sexual assault, kidnapping Updated: Jun-27-15 1:56 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer is being accused of sexual misconduct involving a woman in his custody.
- Woman, 88, charged with assaulting officer at wrong address Updated: Jun-26-15 6:05 pm
PITTSFIELD, Massachusetts - An 88-year-old woman has been charged with assaulting police who responded to her western Massachusetts home, which turned out to be the wrong address.
- Trial set for October in Detroit-area police beating case Updated: Jun-26-15 1:02 pm
DETROIT - A police officer seen on video repeatedly punching a motorist in the head during a suburban Detroit traffic stop is scheduled for trial this fall.
- Police searching for man charged with killing father Updated: Jun-26-15 8:22 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Police say they are searching for a man wanted in the death of his father in Virginia.
- Detroit carjacking suspect kicked by police is convicted Updated: Jun-26-15 6:59 am
DETROIT - A Detroit man seen in a video being punched and kicked by police during his arrest for carjacking, robbery and other charges has been convicted at trial.
- Dispute over information resolved in police assault lawsuit Updated: Jun-24-15 7:02 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The city of Dover and the American Civil Liberties Union have resolved a dispute over information sharing in an ACLU lawsuit stemming from an alleged police assault, an attorney for the city said Wednesday.
- NY police officer's assault trial set for September Updated: Jun-24-15 5:20 am
MINEOLA, New York - The trial of a Long Island police officer accused of assaulting a driver during a traffic stop caught on video is set to start in September.
- Trial ordered for Philadelphia officers accused of brutality Updated: Jun-23-15 2:22 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Two Philadelphia police officers accused of knocking a man off a scooter and beating him two years ago have been ordered to stand trial.
- 3 men charged following fight with off-duty Detroit officer Updated: Jun-23-15 11:31 am
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - Three men face assault charges in connection with a fight involving an off-duty Detroit police officer outside The Palace of Auburn Hills.
- New Mexico officers to face second-degree murder charges Updated: Jun-22-15 3:52 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Two New Mexico police officers will be charged with second-degree murder in last year's shooting death of a homeless man near a tent in the mountains where he had been camping, a special prosecutor said Monday.
- Man gets 4-10 years for trying to ram detective with vehicle Updated: Jun-19-15 11:22 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A man accused of driving his vehicle directly toward a Cheyenne police detective, and then leading authorities on a high-speed chase, has been sentenced to four to 10 years in prison.
- Reports: Mistrial in case of ex-South Carolina police chief Updated: Jun-19-15 10:26 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A judge has declared a mistrial in the case of a white former South Carolina police chief charged with murder in the shooting death of an unarmed black man, media outlets report.
- Court conference set in Detroit-area police beating case Updated: Jun-19-15 9:58 am
DETROIT - A court conference is planned later this month for a police officer seen on video repeatedly punching a motorist in the head during a suburban Detroit traffic stop.
- 2 officers charged with abusing prisoner Updated: Jun-17-15 5:38 pm
OCALA, Florida - Two corrections officers have been charged with violating the civil rights of an inmate, with prosecutors saying one of the guards punched the inmate in the face and the other made false statements about it.
- Trial date set for Delaware officer charged with assault Updated: Jun-17-15 8:47 am
DOVER, Delaware - A trial has been scheduled for November for a Delaware police corporal charged with assault.
- Trial postponed for ex-Rocky Ford cop charged with murder Updated: Jun-16-15 3:28 pm
DENVER - The trial for a former Rocky Ford police officer charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a 27-year-old man has been postponed from July to January.
- Earbuds, BB gun at play in fatal police shooting in Florida Updated: Jun-13-15 8:38 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Jermaine McBean decided one summer day in 2013 to walk to a pawn shop, buy a pellet gun that looked a lot like a real rifle and stroll down a busy street back to his apartment complex with the gun in plain view. He was likely listening to music through earbud headphones, something he did a lot.