- Trial continues in Alabama officer's excessive force case Updated: Sep-03-15 5:19 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Additional witness testimony is expected in the federal trial of an Alabama police officer accused of using excessive force during a stop that left an Indian man seriously injured.
- Court cuts prison sentence for Memphis 'sovereign citizen' Updated: Sep-03-15 4:05 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - An appeals court has reduced the prison sentence for a self-described sovereign citizen who was convicted of assaulting two police officers during a traffic stop.
- Indonesia extradites ex-police officer sought in US murder Updated: Sep-03-15 2:23 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A former Austin, Texas, police officer has been charged with capital murder in the death of his pregnant girlfriend, according to a federal affidavit unsealed Wednesday.
- Video of Arizona police officer whipping dog prompts probe Updated: Sep-02-15 6:10 pm
PHOENIX - A suburban Phoenix police officer is being investigated after a video posted online purportedly shows him whipping and kicking a police dog.
- Plea ends former police chief's case in death of black man Updated: Sep-02-15 5:37 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The family of an unarmed black man shot to death by a white former police chief of a small South Carolina town reluctantly accepted a plea deal on a lesser charge that will give him a year of home detention, but no prison time.
- First court date approaches in Freddie Gray case Updated: Sep-01-15 3:27 pm
BALTIMORE - Four months after six Baltimore police officers were charged in the death of Freddie Gray, defense attorneys and prosecutors will appear before a judge who will determine how the case will move forward.
- Suspended T officer charged with assaulting wife at concert Updated: Sep-01-15 8:56 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - A suspended transit police officer named in a civil rights lawsuit for allegedly assaulting a woman at a bus station is now facing charges of assaulting her wife outside a country music concert at Gillette Stadium.
- Police chief says he's sorry former officer not charged Updated: Sep-01-15 7:52 am
BIDDEFORD, Maine - A police chief in Maine says he is sorry the state's attorney general declined to charge a former police officer with sexually abusing a teenager.
- Man gets prison term for assaulting 2 corrections officers Updated: Aug-28-15 5:09 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - A man accused of attacking two corrections officers in Pinal County in separate incidents has been sentenced to 22 years in prison.
- Bail hearing delayed for ex-officer charged with murder Updated: Aug-26-15 12:54 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A judge has postponed a bail hearing for a white former South Carolina police officer charged in the shooting death of a black motorist.
- Police chief waives right to probable cause hearing Updated: Aug-26-15 3:32 am
CANTERBURY, New Hampshire - A Canterbury police chief accused of sexually assaulting an underage girl has waived his right to a probable cause hearing.
- Murder conviction for South African police who dragged man Updated: Aug-25-15 11:20 am
JOHANNESBURG - A judge has convicted eight South African policemen who dragged a handcuffed Mozambican man behind a police van of murder.
- 2 corrections officers charged with burglary, assault Updated: Aug-25-15 8:38 am
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Two probationary Dorchester County correction officers have been accused of burglarizing a home in Cambridge.
- Delay sought in hearing for ex-officer charged with murder Updated: Aug-24-15 12:50 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Defense attorneys are asking to delay a bond hearing for a white former police officer charged in the shooting death of a black motorist.
- Racial identity of activist questioned but does it matter? Updated: Aug-24-15 4:58 am
Questions about the racial identity of a well-known activist in the "Black Lives Matter" movement have stirred controversy and drawn a blistering response. But the central question remains: Does his race matter?
- Chinese police hunt man accused of killing 9 Updated: Aug-23-15 1:13 am
BEIJING - Police in eastern China have launched a manhunt for a man accused of fatally stabbing his estranged wife and eight other people.
- Johnson part of new, disruptive generation of activists Updated: Aug-22-15 6:19 am
SEATTLE - In 2013, Marissa Johnson graduated cum laude from Seattle Pacific University. She had taken a lot of theology classes, which deepened her faith.
- Bail is $1 million for officer charged in suspect shooting Updated: Aug-20-15 2:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore judge on Thursday set bail at $1 million for a police officer charged with attempted murder in what authorities describe as the shooting of a subdued burglary suspect at close range.
- The Latest: Jurors in police trial seek additional material Updated: Aug-20-15 11:07 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The latest on the trial of a white North Carolina police officer charged with voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of an unarmed black man seeking help after a September 2013 car crash (all times local):
- Boston police officer accused of assaulting woman Updated: Aug-20-15 8:10 am
LOWELL, Massachusetts - A Boston police officer is facing charges after authorities say he assaulted a woman during a domestic altercation.
- Baltimore officer charged in shooting of burglary suspect Updated: Aug-19-15 8:43 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore police officer who authorities say shot a burglary suspect in the groin at close range after he'd been subdued is being charged with attempted first- and second-degree murder, the city's top prosecutor announced Wednesday.
- Woman sues Baltimore police over alleged 'rough ride' Updated: Aug-19-15 7:38 pm
BALTIMORE - A woman who says she was injured during a ride in the back of a Baltimore police van after being beaten and illegally arrested has sued the department.
- Prosecutors face challenge convicting police officers Updated: Aug-19-15 6:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Prosecutors will have a tough time winning murder convictions against a New Mexico police officer and a retired detective in the on-duty killing of a homeless man - despite video that appears to show the man surrendering, experts said Wednesday.
- Boston woman files civil rights suit against MBTA police Updated: Aug-19-15 4:46 pm
BOSTON - A Boston woman filed a civil rights lawsuit Wednesday against two transit police officers, alleging they beat and pepper-sprayed her when she tried to help a woman she says was being shoved by the officers.
- Bond withdrawn for ex-officer, leaving him in Oklahoma jail Updated: Aug-19-15 2:41 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Oklahoma City police officer accused of sexually assaulting 13 women remains in jail after his bondsman dropped him as a client.