- James Blake: Police watchdog substantiates force complaint Updated: Oct-07-15 10:56 pm
NEW YORK - Two police officers involved in the mistaken arrest of former tennis pro James Blake, including one who tackled him to the ground, will face an administrative trial after the city's police watchdog substantiated Blake's excessive-force complaint.
- Worcester officer pleads not guilty in prisoner beating Updated: Oct-06-15 4:32 pm
WORCESTER, Massachusetts - A Worcester police officer accused of beating a prisoner in a holding cell last December has pleaded not guilty to assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
- Oklahoma officer accused of beating man with end of shotgun Updated: Oct-05-15 4:02 pm
NOWATA, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma police officer faces criminal charges for allegedly battering a man with the butt end of a shotgun during an arrest in June that was captured on video.
- Meet the man behind Black Lives Matter St. Paul Updated: Oct-03-15 1:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Rashad Turner doesn't want your sympathy. He doesn't want to be your friend. He doesn't care if you like him. Turner says black Minnesota deserves more than it gets, and he's going to change that by getting in the way every chance he can.
- Suburban officer accused of using excessive force sentenced Updated: Oct-02-15 7:34 pm
CHICAGO - A former suburban Chicago deputy police chief was sentenced Friday to 15 months in prison for allegedly using excessive force during an arrest four years ago.
- Mother of man in wheelchair fatally shot by police arrested Updated: Sep-29-15 5:01 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The mother of a man in a wheelchair who was fatally shot by police has been charged with assaulting a woman she thought made a 911 call about her son, according to court documents.
- Lawsuit claims excessive force against disabled couple Updated: Sep-28-15 3:51 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a lawsuit accusing Delaware State Police of terrorizing a disabled veteran and his quadriplegic wife during a 2014 drug raid in Claymont.
- Lawsuit says cop disabled dash cam before abusing motorist Updated: Sep-26-15 4:40 am
CHICAGO - A lawsuit filed against the Chicago Police Department alleges an officer deliberately turned off a dashboard camera during a road stop and mistreated the motorist.
- Department clears officer accused of abusing police dog Updated: Sep-25-15 4:54 pm
PHOENIX - A suburban Phoenix police department has cleared an officer accused of abusing a police dog.
- Jury clears Bridgeport officers in alleged brutality lawsuit Updated: Sep-25-15 3:33 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A man convicted of trying to shoot Bridgeport police officers has lost an alleged brutality lawsuit against them.
- Sheriff's officer charged with assault faces weapons charge Updated: Sep-25-15 12:22 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - A central New Jersey sheriff's officer accused of assaulting a woman now faces weapons charges.
- 3 San Antonio officers charged in sex contract case Updated: Sep-25-15 8:08 am
SAN ANTONIO - Three San Antonio police officers are accused of having several women sign contracts agreeing to do anything as part of an investigation, including have sex with them.
- San Jose police officer accused of rape while on duty fired Updated: Sep-24-15 7:15 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A San Jose police officer accused of raping a woman while on duty two years ago has been fired.
- Sioux Falls man arrested after allegedly punching officer Updated: Sep-23-15 6:48 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man is in custody after allegedly punching a police officer in the head.
- Authorities: Sheriff officer charged with assaulting woman Updated: Sep-21-15 5:48 pm
MILLTOWN, New Jersey - Prosecutors say a northern New Jersey sheriff's officer has been charged with assaulting a woman.
- 3 police officers charged with child boot camp cruelty Updated: Sep-19-15 5:42 pm
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - Three Southern California police officers have been charged with abusing 10 children at a boot camp for troubled youths.
- Highway Patrol DUI officer accused of violating policy Updated: Sep-18-15 11:08 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah Highway Patrol lieutenant in charge of the DUI unit has chosen to retire following findings of an audit and internal affairs investigation that he had engaged in misconduct.
- Human rights group demands Hungary stop harassing reporters Updated: Sep-17-15 1:10 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - A leading international human rights monitor demanded Thursday that Hungary stop "threatening and obstructing the work of journalists" after Hungarian police beat and harassed reporters covering Europe's migration crisis. Hungarian police denied having beaten any journalists and said any reporters who were hurt in violence at the border have only themselves to blame.
- Baltimore officer charged with assaulting restrained inmate Updated: Sep-16-15 5:45 pm
BALTIMORE - A Baltimore police officer is facing criminal charges stemming from 2014 when he was accused of choking a restrained inmate, according to a department spokesman.
- Court date set for police officer charged with assault Updated: Sep-16-15 12:07 pm
ATHENS, Alabama - A court date has been set for an Alabama police officer accused of slamming an Indian man to the ground.
- Ex-police chief accused of killing fiance appears in court Updated: Sep-15-15 5:51 pm
BURKE, South Dakota - A former police chief in South Dakota charged with killing his fiance in a shooting that had long appeared to be a hunting-related accident appeared briefly in court Tuesday, where a judge delayed much of the proceedings so the man can find an attorney.
- DA to seek death penalty against ex-officer charged in death Updated: Sep-15-15 5:09 pm
MEDIA, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty in the case of a former suburban Philadelphia police officer accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and wounding her daughter.
- Liberia leader fires security official accused of assault Updated: Sep-15-15 11:24 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - Liberia's president fired her deputy security chief after social media erupted in outrage over allegations that he and his men beat a woman and stabbed her with a glass bottle.
- UNM art exhibit explores police, gun violence Updated: Sep-14-15 10:42 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The University of New Mexico is hosting a debated art show meant to highlight police brutality and gun violence.
- Former Charleston police officer accused of excessive force Updated: Sep-14-15 5:06 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A former Charleston Police officer who resigned last year after being investigated for destruction of property is being accused in a lawsuit of unnecessarily using force against a man during an arrest.