- Man alleging police torture released from prison Updated: Dec-11-13 2:13 pm
- Surgeon: OC homeless man came comatose, never woke Updated: Dec-11-13 1:35 am
- Suburban officer accused of using excessive force Updated: Dec-05-13 4:08 am
- Suit spotlights AC police brutality complaints Updated: Dec-04-13 4:21 pm
- $7M settlement proposed for police shooting victim Updated: Dec-03-13 5:24 pm
- Texas officer faces rights charge in assault case Updated: Nov-29-13 9:46 am
- Cleveland sued in deaths of 2 during police chase Updated: Nov-28-13 4:14 pm
- A sinister night for 3 women in Egypt protest wave Updated: Nov-28-13 2:43 pm
- 4 Jamaican police charged with killing pastor Updated: Nov-27-13 6:16 pm
- Jury convicts Okla. cop in death of unarmed teen Updated: Nov-26-13 6:42 pm
- Vt. officer who shot man was sued over '05 fight Updated: Nov-23-13 10:42 am
- Nevada man who kneed Idaho officer faces prison Updated: Nov-20-13 9:04 am
- DA will investigate claims teen beaten by police Updated: Nov-19-13 3:31 pm
- Man accused of assaulting police in NH Updated: Nov-19-13 10:49 am
- County dismissed from Iowa strip search lawsuits Updated: Nov-14-13 5:36 pm
- Omaha police seek to have brutality suit dismissed Updated: Nov-13-13 4:06 pm
PONTIAC, Illinois - A man who for decades insisted that Chicago police tortured him until he confessed to a rape he did not commit walked out of an Illinois prison on Wednesday after spending 30 years behind bars.
SANTA ANA, California - A trauma surgeon has testified that a homeless man whose death has put two police officers on trial arrived at the hospital comatose with organs failing and never regained consciousness.
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago police officer has been indicted on federal civil rights charges for allegedly using excessive force in what authorities say were two separate beatings in 2010 and 2011.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A federal judge is raising questions about the Atlantic City police department's handling of brutality complaints against its officers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The family of a mentally ill man shot nine times by North Kingstown police has agreed to settle a police brutality lawsuit against the town and police department for $7 million, according to papers filed in federal court in Providence last week.
SAN ANTONIO - A San Antonio police officer charged with sexual assault in the alleged rape of a woman in his patrol car while on duty also faces a federal civil rights charge in that case.
CLEVELAND - The estates of two people shot and killed by Cleveland police during a chase that involved more than 60 squad cars and 137 shots fired sued the city, the mayor and police on Thursday.
CAIRO - The three women are among Egypt's most active democracy campaigners, the faces of its revolution. Through a string of rulers the past three years- autocrat Hosni Mubarak, the military, the Islamists - they have been at the forefront of protests, chronicled police abuses and struggled to limit the power of the military.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Four police officers in Jamaica have been charged with fatally shooting of pastor Trevor Edwards while he was traveling in a taxi in the capital of Kingston in 2010.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma jury Tuesday convicted a veteran police captain of first-degree manslaughter in the death of an unarmed teenager who was running away after scuffling with the officer.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A police officer who fatally shot a man outside his home this month had been a defendant in a lawsuit that had alleged police brutality, a newspaper reported.
BOISE, Idaho - A knee to the groin of a tribal corrections officer could put a Nevada man behind bars in federal prison for up to 8 years.
TULLYTOWN, Pennsylvania - The Bucks County District Attorney will investigate claims that a 14-year-old boy was beaten by police after he was shot with a stun gun after a shoplifting incident in southeastern Pennsylvania last week.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A man has been accused of punching two police officers in Manchester, New Hampshire, following a robbery at a convenience store.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Woodbury County and its former sheriff were recently dismissed from two federal lawsuits filed by women claiming they were given unlawful strip searches at the county jail. Several other county jailers are still scheduled to go to trial.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Several Omaha police officers being sued by a man who accuses them of using excessive force in a 2011 arrest have filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, claiming they are immune from such suits.