- Charges say ex-officer assaulted teen at St. Paul group home Updated: Feb-06-16 8:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A retired St. Paul police officer who was a Golden Gloves boxer is accused of physically assaulting a 14-year-old boy at a group home where he worked as a counselor.
- 2 puppeteers held in Spain for allegedly praising terrorism Updated: Feb-06-16 2:10 pm
MADRID - A Spanish court has ordered the detention of two puppeteers for allegedly praising terrorism during a performance in Madrid.
- Virginia officer charged with murder in off-duty shooting Updated: Feb-05-16 1:28 pm
CHESTERFIELD, Virginia - A Virginia judge has set bond for a police officer facing a murder charge in the off-duty shooting of an 18-year-old at a car wash.
- Wrongful death lawsuit alleges Hawaii police brutality Updated: Feb-04-16 4:15 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii County police used a stun gun and beat a man while he was incapacitated on the ground then delayed getting him medical attention as he was dying, the man's brother claimed in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Lawyer: Officer gets $15M in police beating lawsuit Updated: Feb-04-16 4:48 am
NEW YORK - Attorneys say a New York police officer who accused fellow officers of beating him has been awarded more than $15 million in damages.
- Detroit-area officer gets 13 months in prison for assault Updated: Feb-02-16 8:30 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit-area police officer whose bloody beating of a motorist was captured on dashcam video was sentenced to at least 13 months in prison Tuesday, with the judge rebuking him for "Dirty Harry tactics" but still handing down a punishment significantly below the guidelines.
- Former NY police chief mulls plea deal in alleged beating Updated: Feb-02-16 3:26 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A former suburban New York police chief facing federal charges in the alleged beating of a suspect who stole sex toys and pornography from the officer's SUV has been offered a plea deal, his attorney said.
- Former officer charged with sex abuse sentenced to 4 years Updated: Feb-02-16 10:13 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A former police officer has been sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to violating sex abuse laws with students at a residential, educational program run by the Kentucky National Guard.
- Northampton settles with man who alleged police misconduct Updated: Feb-02-16 7:36 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - The city of Northampton has agreed to pay more than $52,000 to a man who said police used excessive force and wrongfully arrested him outside a bar two years ago.
- Alabama police officer charged with sodomy resigns Updated: Feb-01-16 4:35 pm
ETOWAH, Alabama - Authorities say a Rainbow City police officer has resigned after he was jailed on a felony charge of first-degree sodomy.
- Bangor man sentenced for fatal drunk driving crash Updated: Feb-01-16 12:41 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A Bangor man charged with manslaughter and drunken driving after he crashed his car and fatally injured a passenger has been sentenced to more than two years in prison.
- Audit finds DC police don't use firearms excessively Updated: Jan-28-16 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - As local officials and the Justice Department begin the process of reforming troubled police departments in Baltimore, Chicago and other cities where officer misconduct has provoked national outrage, police in the nation's capital are showing that sustained reductions in the use of unnecessary force are possible, the department's longtime independent monitor said Thursday.
- Cop pleads not guilty to killing ex with daughter, 7, in car Updated: Jan-27-16 11:41 am
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - A suspended New Jersey police officer has pleaded not guilty to charges that he chased and gunned down his ex-wife while their 7-year-old daughter was in his car.
- Video of Egyptians giving police condom balloons goes viral Updated: Jan-27-16 1:17 am
CAIRO - A video showing a reporter and an actor handing Egyptian policemen condom balloons on the fifth anniversary of the 2011 uprising received more than 1 million views online but could land them in jail.
- Former officer accused of sexual relationship with girl Updated: Jan-26-16 2:40 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former Milwaukee police officer accused of sexually assaulting a girl for several years beginning when she was 14, has been released on bond.
- Dramatic 911 tape played at NYC officer's manslaughter trial Updated: Jan-25-16 6:23 pm
NEW YORK - A friend of an unarmed man who was shot by a rookie New York Police Department officer in a darkened housing project stairwell can be heard wailing in the background on a recording of a 911 call that was played publicly for the first time Monday at the officer's manslaughter trial.
- Ex-cop pleads guilty to killing woman, ditching body Updated: Jan-25-16 5:54 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former suburban Milwaukee police officer accused of killing two women and ditching their bodies in suitcases along a rural Wisconsin highway pleaded guilty Monday in one of their deaths.
- Ex-Wisconsin cop accused of killing 2 women to stand trial Updated: Jan-24-16 10:50 am
MILWAUKEE - A former Wisconsin police officer accused of killing an Oregon woman and another from Minnesota and ditching their bodies in suitcases along a highway is set to stand trial this week in the first woman's death. Here's what you need to know:
- Owasso police officer pleads not guilty in assault case Updated: Jan-23-16 10:58 am
OWASSO, Oklahoma - A suspended Owasso police officer accused of striking a motorist with a shotgun has entered a not guilty plea to a felony count of assault and battery with a deadly weapon.
- Charges dropped against 6 Ferguson protesters Updated: Jan-22-16 12:51 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - Charges have been dropped against six activists who were arrested during a protest in Ferguson, just as their trial was about to begin. The case was expected to include allegations of police brutality, claims of missing evidence and discussions about the shortcomings of body cameras.
- The Latest: Haley honors guests from SC tragedies in 2015 Updated: Jan-20-16 8:47 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley's sixth State of the State address, delivered Wednesday to the General Assembly:
- Ex-deputy pleads guilty, lied about motorist confrontation Updated: Jan-20-16 3:59 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A former Alabama deputy accused of beating a motorist pleaded guilty to lying about the confrontation Wednesday, but his admission didn't shed any light on the slaying of a friend of the victim who campaigned against police brutality after the assault.
- Feds: Detective punched, kicked, menaced man with seatbelt Updated: Jan-20-16 2:52 pm
CLEVELAND - Federal prosecutors say a suburban Cleveland detective punched and kicked a suspect, drove him to a cemetery, wrapped a seatbelt around his neck and threatened to put him in the ground.
- MLK Day protesters block 1 span of SF-Oakland Bay Bridge Updated: Jan-19-16 12:34 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A group of demonstrators caused the shutdown of one direction of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in a police-brutality protest tied to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
- The Latest: Updates from the Democratic presidential debate Updated: Jan-17-16 9:35 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Here are the latest developments from the Democratic presidential candidates' final debate before the Feb. 1 Iowa caucuses.