- Elderly man sues Greenwich police for alleged brutality Updated: Nov-28-15 4:18 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A 76-year-old man has filed a lawsuit alleging a Greenwich police officer threw him against his car and kicked him after pulling him over for using his cellphone while driving.
- Burger King manager: Police erased video of Chicago shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 4:00 pm
CHICAGO - A Burger King manager who accuses Chicago police of erasing surveillance video in the case of a black teenager shot last year by a white officer says he has testified before a federal grand jury investigating the shooting.
- New Mexico court orders new trial in excessive force case Updated: Nov-27-15 10:24 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Court of Appeals is ordering a new trial in a civil case against the city of Clovis and three police officers accused of using excessive force in restraining a man in 2006.
- The Latest: 3 arrested in Chicago Black Friday protests Updated: Nov-27-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer (all times local):
- Chicago officer who shot teen amassed 18 civilian complaints Updated: Nov-25-15 5:18 pm
CHICAGO - The white Chicago police officer charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a black teenager was the subject of 18 civilian complaints over 14 years, including allegations that he used racial epithets and excessive force, police and court records show.
- Lawsuit: Iowa officers pointed guns at innocent dad, child Updated: Nov-25-15 4:40 pm
A highway stop in which Iowa police officers pointed weapons at an innocent man and his 6-year-old son has prompted a federal lawsuit and racial profiling claims.
- Trial postponed for ex-cop in 2013 Virginia on-duty shooting Updated: Nov-25-15 7:54 am
FAIRFAX, Virginia - A trial has been postponed in Virginia for a former Fairfax County police officer charged with murder in the 2013 shooting death of an unarmed Springfield man.
- Judge to rule in assault trial of suburban NY police officer Updated: Nov-24-15 6:20 pm
MINEOLA, New York - A suburban New York police officer who was seen on video repeatedly punching and kneeing a suspect during a 2014 traffic stop will learn his fate next month, a judge said Tuesday at the conclusion of his nonjury assault trial.
- Records show behavior of officer facing assault trial Updated: Nov-23-15 7:01 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Use of force reports and personnel evaluations suggest that Dover police knew that a white officer charged with assaulting a black suspect in 2013 by kicking him in the head had a predilection for using unwarranted physical force.
- Columbus to pay $30,000 in police excessive force lawsuit Updated: Nov-23-15 5:40 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The City of Columbus is set to pay $30,000 to a man who claimed in a civil rights lawsuit as an Ohio State University student that police officers beat him up over what later amounted to a littering conviction.
- Report: Bahrain tortured detainees years after 2011 protests Updated: Nov-23-15 12:56 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Bahrain's security forces tortured detainees in the years after its 2011 protests, despite a government promise to stop such abuses in the island nation, according to a new report released Monday.
- Lawsuit says police gathering led to officer misconduct Updated: Nov-21-15 2:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The blows kept landing, one after another. Pain clouded DuPree Lytle's mind as he began blacking out, his thoughts drifting to his family, his church - his future.
- Minneapolis protest leader shakes up civil rights politics Updated: Nov-21-15 11:19 am
MINNEAPOLIS - As days of protests unfolded following last weekend's shooting death of a black man by Minneapolis police, one prominent leader was a woman who had already been shaking up racial politics in the city.
- Defense: Evidence withheld in ex-policeman's murder trial Updated: Nov-20-15 5:13 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Attorneys in the trial of a former police officer charged with murder have been given a new deadline to exchange case documents after allegations arose that both legal teams were intentionally withheld information from each other.
- Man sues Baltimore police, says he was beaten during unrest Updated: Nov-19-15 5:08 pm
BALTIMORE - A man who says a Baltimore police officer beat him with a baton and arrested him for no reason during the civil unrest in April following the death of Freddie Gray has sued the department.
- Man sues Baltimore police, says he was beaten during unrest Updated: Nov-19-15 5:06 pm
BALTIMORE - A man who says a Baltimore police officer beat him with a baton and arrested him for no reason during the civil unrest following the death of Freddie Gray has sued the department.
- Detroit-area ex-officer found guilty in videotaped beating Updated: Nov-19-15 4:48 pm
DETROIT - A white, former Detroit-area police officer was found guilty Thursday of assault and misconduct in the bloody beating of a black driver during a traffic stop that was captured on video.
- Tennessee says prison officer assaults down year over year Updated: Nov-18-15 12:46 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The number of recorded assaults on prison officers is down compared with a year ago, but critics say it's hard to accept any statistics from the Tennessee Department of Correction as fact.
- Police union threatens 'surprise' for Quentin Tarantino Updated: Nov-06-15 11:42 am
NEW YORK - The executive director of the largest police union in the country is threatening a "surprise" for Quentin Tarantino after the director drew its ire for comments about police brutality.
- Richmond police officer denied bond on sex charges Updated: Nov-06-15 2:30 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Richmond police officer is being held without bond until a Dec. 1 hearing on two charges of sodomy.
- Phoenix police officer accused of assaulting his wife Updated: Nov-05-15 2:14 pm
PHOENIX - A Phoenix police officer has been placed on administrative leave after he was arrested and accused of assaulting his wife by strangulation.
- Woman charged in assault of retired police officer, 71 Updated: Nov-05-15 11:01 am
BALTIMORE - Police have arrested a 19-year-old Baltimore woman accused in connection with the assault of a 71-year-old retired police officer last month.
- Prosecutors mulling third trial for Alabama police officer Updated: Nov-05-15 5:00 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The attorney for an Alabama police officer accused of using excessive force on an Indian man asked a federal judge to acquit him after a second trial ended in a hung jury.
- The Latest: Kentucky police shooting suspect arrested Updated: Nov-04-15 8:05 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - The Latest news on a Kentucky police officer who was shot and wounded while searching for a robbery suspect Wednesday morning.
- Ex-Rep. McMahon wins NY prosecutor race after chokehold case Updated: Nov-04-15 12:13 am
NEW YORK - Former U.S. Rep. Michael McMahon was elected Tuesday to succeed the district attorney involved in investigating the police chokehold death of Eric Garner, a case that focused attention on how prosecutors handle police brutality allegations.