- Ex-banker's lawsuit dismissed against LAPD union Updated: Dec-19-13 4:55 pm
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted Updated: Dec-19-13 2:20 pm
- Ohio police admit to force in OSU student's arrest Updated: Dec-18-13 5:58 pm
- Defense rests in police homeless killing case Updated: Dec-18-13 5:46 pm
- Man gets 20 years for assaulting ATF officer Updated: Dec-17-13 2:28 pm
- Class status sought for alleged torture victims Updated: Dec-17-13 6:26 am
- White ex-officer gets 2 years in Conn. bias case Updated: Dec-16-13 7:08 pm
- Maricopa man sentenced in officer assault charges Updated: Dec-16-13 4:32 pm
- 3 Houston-area officers accused of excessive force Updated: Dec-14-13 5:07 pm
- RI corrections officer charged with inmate assault Updated: Dec-13-13 11:52 am
- Prosecutors won't retry Ill. man in '82 rape Updated: Dec-12-13 1:09 pm
- Teen charged in fatal stabbing in Danbury Updated: Dec-12-13 10:19 am
- Suburban officer accused of using excessive force Updated: Dec-05-13 4:08 am
- Suit spotlights AC police brutality complaints Updated: Dec-04-13 4:21 pm
- $7M settlement proposed for police shooting victim Updated: Dec-03-13 5:24 pm
- Texas officer faces rights charge in assault case Updated: Nov-29-13 9:46 am
- Cleveland sued in deaths of 2 during police chase Updated: Nov-28-13 4:14 pm
- A sinister night for 3 women in Egypt protest wave Updated: Nov-28-13 2:43 pm
- 4 Jamaican police charged with killing pastor Updated: Nov-27-13 6:16 pm
- Jury convicts Okla. cop in death of unarmed teen Updated: Nov-26-13 6:42 pm
- Vt. officer who shot man was sued over '05 fight Updated: Nov-23-13 10:42 am
- Nevada man who kneed Idaho officer faces prison Updated: Nov-20-13 9:04 am
- Man accused of assaulting police in NH Updated: Nov-19-13 10:49 am
LOS ANGELES - A federal judge has granted a motion to dismiss a lawsuit against the Los Angeles police union by a former bank executive who alleged retaliation for his claims in a separate case that officers beat him.
CAIRO - Egypt's military-backed authorities on Thursday stepped up their crackdown on the liberal icons of the 2011 uprising against Hosni Mubarak, with security forces storming the headquarters of a rights group and arresting six activists, including a prominent youth organizer.
Columbus police officers accused in a federal civil-rights lawsuit of using excessive force on an Ohio State University student over what later amounted to a litter violation said in a court filing Wednesday that they punched the young man up to seven times, sprayed mace in his face and hog-tied him, but that they did nothing wrong.
SANTA ANA, California - A defense pathologist testified Wednesday that a homeless man who died after a 2011 struggle with Fullerton police had an enlarged heart from years of methamphetamine abuse.
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for selling crack cocaine and assaulting an undercover federal officer.
CHICAGO - Lawyers want a judge to grant class status to prisoners who may have been tortured into giving false confessions by Chicago police.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A white former police officer accused of being part of a conspiracy to harass Latinos has been sentenced to two years in prison on an obstruction charge.
FLORENCE, Arizona - A Maricopa man has been sentenced to 12 years in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of aggravated assault on Arizona law enforcement officers.
HOUSTON - Three suburban Houston police officers have been indicted on official oppression charges accusing them of using excessive force in a 'suicide by cop' situation.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A correctional officer in Rhode Island has been charged with misdemeanor assault after authorities say he kneed a handcuffed inmate in the ribs last July.
CHICAGO - A Chicago man released from prison after spending more than 30 years behind bars for a rape he says he didn't commit smiled and hugged his attorneys after prosecutors said they wouldn't retry him.
DANBURY, Connecticut - Danbury police have charged a teenager with murder and assault in the stabbing death of a 19-year-old man during a melee last weekend.
CHICAGO - A suburban Chicago police officer has been indicted on federal civil rights charges for allegedly using excessive force in what authorities say were two separate beatings in 2010 and 2011.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A federal judge is raising questions about the Atlantic City police department's handling of brutality complaints against its officers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The family of a mentally ill man shot nine times by North Kingstown police has agreed to settle a police brutality lawsuit against the town and police department for $7 million, according to papers filed in federal court in Providence last week.
SAN ANTONIO - A San Antonio police officer charged with sexual assault in the alleged rape of a woman in his patrol car while on duty also faces a federal civil rights charge in that case.
CLEVELAND - The estates of two people shot and killed by Cleveland police during a chase that involved more than 60 squad cars and 137 shots fired sued the city, the mayor and police on Thursday.
CAIRO - The three women are among Egypt's most active democracy campaigners, the faces of its revolution. Through a string of rulers the past three years- autocrat Hosni Mubarak, the military, the Islamists - they have been at the forefront of protests, chronicled police abuses and struggled to limit the power of the military.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Four police officers in Jamaica have been charged with fatally shooting of pastor Trevor Edwards while he was traveling in a taxi in the capital of Kingston in 2010.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma jury Tuesday convicted a veteran police captain of first-degree manslaughter in the death of an unarmed teenager who was running away after scuffling with the officer.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A police officer who fatally shot a man outside his home this month had been a defendant in a lawsuit that had alleged police brutality, a newspaper reported.
BOISE, Idaho - A knee to the groin of a tribal corrections officer could put a Nevada man behind bars in federal prison for up to 8 years.
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - A man has been accused of punching two police officers in Manchester, New Hampshire, following a robbery at a convenience store.