- Attorney General Lynch meets Gray family in Baltimore Updated: May-05-15 11:16 pm
BALTIMORE - Attorney General Loretta Lynch pledged Tuesday to improve the city's police department after meeting with the family of a man who was fatally injured in police custody.
- Police: Idaho officer shot by man who stole patrol car dies Updated: May-05-15 10:53 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - A northern Idaho police officer shot by a man who stole his patrol car died of his injuries Tuesday evening, police said.
- 2 Michigan officers suspended after man's videotaped beating Updated: May-05-15 7:37 pm
INKSTER, Michigan - Two police officers have been suspended without pay after the videotaped beating of a black man during a January traffic stop in suburban Detroit, it was announced Tuesday.
- Macedonian opposition chief: PM tried to cover up a killing Updated: May-05-15 10:46 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's opposition leader has accused the country's prime minister of attempting to cover up the 2011 death of a 22-year-old beaten by police during postelection celebrations.
- Dover police officer charged with assault Updated: May-04-15 8:25 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The attorney for a Dover police officer is blasting prosecutors' efforts to continue to pursue assault charges against him after a grand jury declined last year to indict him.
- Protests highlight troubles of Ethiopian Jews in Israel Updated: May-04-15 3:08 pm
JERUSALEM - When Israel secretly airlifted waves of Ethiopian Jews in the 1980s and 1990s, saving them from war and famine in the Horn of Africa, it was celebrated as a triumphant show of unity for the Jewish people.
- Experts: Convictions will be tough to win in Baltimore case Updated: May-02-15 11:37 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's top prosecutor acted swiftly in charging six officers in the death of Freddie Gray, who suffered a grave spinal injury as he was arrested and put into a police transport van, handcuffed and without a seat belt.
- Sharpton: Tap special prosecutors for alleged police abuse Updated: May-02-15 2:50 pm
NEW YORK - Special prosecutors should be used in cases of alleged police misconduct, the Rev. Al Sharpton urged Saturday, complaining anew about a New York grand jury's failure to indict officers in the death of Eric Garner while noting a Maryland prosecutor had filed charges against six Baltimore officers in the death of Freddie Gray.
- Tunisia's neglected youth find their voice in hip hop, rap Updated: May-02-15 11:38 am
TUNIS, Tunisia - On the roof of a concrete building in an impoverished Tunis neighborhood, hip hop beats pound out from a PC hooked up to cheap speakers.
- Seattle police shut down May Day 'riot' when violence erupts Updated: May-02-15 4:08 am
SEATTLE - Black-clad May Day protesters hurled wrenches, rocks and bottles at Seattle police, injuring three officers, and damaged property after an earlier peaceful march in support of immigrants' and workers' rights.
- Across country, police scrutinized after Baltimore arrests Updated: May-02-15 3:16 am
ATLANTA - National outrage over the death of a black man while in police custody and the speed with which a prosecutor decided to charge the officers who arrested him could have a chilling effect on law enforcement - at least in the short term while passions are running so high.
- California May Day activists rally on police, labor issues Updated: May-02-15 2:34 am
OAKLAND, California - Hundreds of May Day protesters decried racism, police brutality and income inequality on Friday in a plaza outside Oakland City Hall.
- May Day demonstrators clash with police in Pacific Northwest Updated: May-02-15 1:44 am
SEATTLE - Demonstrators clashed with police in two cities in the Pacific Northwest late Friday, with marchers throwing rocks and chairs at officers as the evening gatherings spiraled into mayhem.
- Latest on Baltimore protests: Thousands march across US Updated: May-01-15 11:25 pm
11:17 p.m. (EDT)
- A look at cases involving officers charged with misconduct Updated: May-01-15 8:44 pm
Many observers were surprised by the swiftness of State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby's decision to charge six Baltimore Police officers in the death of Freddie Gray on Friday, just one day after receiving the results of a police investigation. One lawyer hired by the police union called it a rush to judgment.
- Hundreds in Dallas march to protest death in Baltimore Updated: May-01-15 8:16 pm
DALLAS - About 400 demonstrators marched and rallied in downtown Dallas to protest police brutality after the death of a black man in Baltimore police custody.
- Anti-police brutality theme of Chicago May Day protests Updated: May-01-15 5:32 pm
CHICAGO - Several hundred people are participating in May Day activities in Chicago that are focusing not only on labor issues, but also on police-community relations and immigration reform.
- Huntsville officer accused of using excessive force Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a Huntsville police officer accused of using excessive force during an arrest has been indicted.
- Latest on police-custody death: Prosecutor office protest Updated: Apr-29-15 1:08 pm
- Judge delays case against Alabama officer charged in assault Updated: Apr-29-15 10:40 am
ATHENS, Alabama - A judge is delaying action on a state assault charge against an Alabama police officer accused of injuring an Indian man during a violent confrontation earlier this year.
- Residents call for more action after man's beating, arrest Updated: Apr-29-15 7:59 am
INKSTER, Michigan - Residents and community leaders have called for disciplining and dismissing all officers involved in the beating and violent arrest of a motorist in a Detroit suburb.
- 6 arrested in Los Angeles protests of police brutality Updated: Apr-28-15 10:07 am
LOS ANGELES - Six people were arrested in a Los Angeles protest against police brutality that came the same day as riots in Baltimore over the issue.
- McLaughlin man sentenced for threatening officer with knife Updated: Apr-27-15 11:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - A McLaughlin man convicted of assaulting a federal officer has been sentenced to nearly two years in prison.
- Each death in Baltimore makes mistrust harder to overcome Updated: Apr-25-15 4:44 pm
BALTIMORE - Baltimore's mayor and police commissioner came in making big promises to the inner-city residents and police who spent decades staring each other down in neighborhoods ravaged by crack and heroin. But with each death of a black man in custody, their efforts to overcome mistrust have hit hard walls of skepticism and outrage.
- Sheriff holds media force session ahead of shooting decision Updated: Apr-25-15 1:01 pm
WAUNAKEE, Wisconsin - A month after a white Madison police officer shot and killed an unarmed biracial man, the sheriff's department is trying to build understanding of the training it gives on how to deal with split-second life and death decisions.