- Beer by the barrel: A conflict of interests for NC lawmakers Updated: May-02-15 12:58 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A major campaign donor's interests. Upstarts changing the established market. Arm-twisting lobbyists. An anonymous web site urging legislation's defeat as a job-killer.
- Coming soon to a brewery near you: Sunday growler sales Updated: May-01-15 4:37 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesotans will soon be able to take home bottles of beer from their favorite craft breweries on Sundays.
- Regulatory board reviews proposed marijuana regulations Updated: Apr-30-15 7:58 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Communities could opt-out or limit marijuana businesses much the same way they do alcohol under proposed regulations put forth by the state alcohol control board.
- NC lawmakers push bills across hall before deadline Updated: Apr-30-15 4:01 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina General Assembly completed Thursday its marathon week of committee and floor debate that allowed topics in about 200 more bills to stay alive for consideration during this two-year session.
- Craft beer distributor charged with unfair trade practices Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 am
BOSTON - State regulators say a company that distributes much of the craft beer to Massachusetts bars and liquor stores has engaged in unfair trade practices that stifle competition.
- Nevada Assembly panel considers ban on powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-29-15 5:29 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers are considering a ban on the sale and possession of powdered alcohol.
- Pence signs Indiana ban on powdered alcohol into law Updated: Apr-29-15 5:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana residents will be barred from purchasing, selling or using a powdered form of alcohol under a bill Gov. Mike Pence has signed into law.
- Hawaii Legislature moves to ban powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-28-15 6:32 pm
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Legislature is passing a bill to ban powdered alcohol before the product has gone on sale in the state.
- Michigan police, doctors urge quick ban on powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-28-15 3:43 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan may join at least six other states and ban a powder product that makes vodka, rum and cocktail drinks when mixed with water.
- Powdered alcohol ban given tentative approval by NC House Updated: Apr-27-15 9:01 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Alcohol in powdered form that can become a cocktail with a little water could be prohibited before it reaches North Carolina markets.
- Lawmakers pass bill to aid craft brewers, end growler war Updated: Apr-24-15 3:04 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's "growler war" over craft beer may be ending under legislation passed by the state House Friday and ready to go to Gov. Rick Scott.
- Stonewall residents pushing to once again ban alcohol sales Updated: Apr-23-15 3:35 pm
STONEWALL, Louisiana - For nearly two decades, Stonewall residents mistakenly thought their town had banned alcohol sales.
- Florida Senate votes to ban powdered alcohol for 2 years Updated: Apr-23-15 3:01 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Powdered alcohol would be banned in Florida for two years under a bill passed by the Senate.
- A look at winning and losing bills in Tenn. Legislature Updated: Apr-23-15 5:10 am
A look at some of the winning and losing legislation during the 2015 session of the Tennessee General Assembly.
- Nebraska senators advance package to help craft breweries Updated: Apr-21-15 9:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Craft breweries, cider drinkers and beer aficionados could benefit from alcohol legislation that cleared first-round debate Tuesday in the Nebraska Legislature.
- Nebraska senators advance bill to ban powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-21-15 6:11 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska could join six other states in banning powdered alcohol under a bill that won first-round approval in the Legislature.
- Liquor enforcement chief urges banning powdered booze Updated: Apr-19-15 11:47 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's top liquor enforcement officer is telling consumers not to bother looking for powdered alcohol at the state's liquor stores.
- Miami Beach considers early-morning outdoor ban on alcohol Updated: Apr-16-15 8:47 am
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - The mayor of Miami Beach is proposing a ban on alcohol sales at sidewalk cafes, patios and open air bars in the wee hours of the morning.
- Powdered alcohol creator tries to get ahead of state bans Updated: Apr-16-15 1:41 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The creator of powdered alcohol is furiously trying to fend off efforts to ban the product in Maine and across the country before it even hits stores.
- Oklahoma House approves sale of refrigerated high-point beer Updated: Apr-15-15 6:40 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Liquor stores could sell refrigerated, high-point beer under legislation approved Wednesday by the Oklahoma House, but supporters of the measure cautioned not to pop that cap just yet.
- Pot legalization advocates propose banning alcohol sales Updated: Apr-15-15 6:17 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Frustrated by a lack of action on marijuana legalization, two Vermont lawmakers are trying a new tack: No pot, no booze.
- Ducey vetoes bill banning sales of powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-14-15 9:32 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has vetoed a bill banning the sale powdered alcohol in the state.
- Washington House votes for powdered alcohol prohibition Updated: Apr-13-15 5:27 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The Washington state House of Representatives has voted to ban powdered alcohol for all but research purposes.
- Wolf administration applauds refusal to sell Palcohol Updated: Apr-13-15 4:26 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf's administration says it supports a decision by state liquor regulators not to allow the sale of powdered alcohol in Pennsylvania.
- Santa Fe to prohibit sale of mini alcohol bottles Updated: Apr-09-15 10:07 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Santa Fe City Council has voted to ban the sale of miniatures and other single-serving bottles of alcohol within the city limits - a move that could prompt a lawsuit challenging the local ban.