- Kansas governor signs bills on pensions, military benefits Updated: May-29-15 8:55 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - All veterans, active duty members of the U.S. military and their families will have access to in-state tuition at Kansas universities under a bill signed into law Friday by Gov. Sam Brownback.
- Kansas House approves changes to state's liquor laws Updated: May-29-15 7:19 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas House has approved a measure that would allow alcohol at state events at the Capitol and adjusts a number of liquor permit processes.
- Maine House overwhelmingly supports powdered alcohol ban Updated: May-29-15 1:11 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Democratic-controlled House has given initial approval to a bill to ban powdered alcohol.
- Colorado brewers, grocery stores face fight over liquor laws Updated: May-28-15 4:53 pm
DENVER - Local brewers and liquor stores are bracing for another push to allow Colorado grocery stores to sell wine and higher alcohol-content beer, a move opponents see as a threat to the craft beer industry.
- House to vote on banning pure caffeine, powdered alcohol Updated: May-27-15 3:07 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio representatives are set to vote on a measure to prohibit the sale of pure caffeine products, along with the sale of powdered or crystalline alcohol.
- Liquor board finalizing rule for events like Oktoberfest Updated: May-26-15 5:48 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's liquor board is finalizing more flexible rules for granting permits after receiving intense criticism last year when the board considered denying a permit to an annual Oktoberfest celebration.
- ACLU says Anchorage restriction on alcohol sales illegal Updated: May-21-15 8:01 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The ACLU of Alaska is saying last month's city proposal to prevent three-time users of Anchorage's emergency sobering center from buying alcohol is illegal under state law. The group maintains that it would violate privacy by sharing confidential records with liquor stores.
- Bill allowing beer bikes advances in California Legislature Updated: May-18-15 7:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers have advanced a bill that would allow so-called beer bikes to operate on streets, but leaves cities to decide if alcohol is allowed on board.
- Connecticut lawmakers pass powdered alcohol ban Updated: May-18-15 4:08 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut is moving closer toward becoming the latest state to ban powdered alcohol.
- Bills on breastfeeding, booze sales move through Legislature Updated: May-16-15 9:20 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Talk of the state budget has dominated the 2015 legislative session in New Hampshire, with other high-profile items such as casino gambling and changes to the state's marijuana laws occasionally stealing the spotlight.
- Kansas Senate blocks sales of strong beer in supermarkets Updated: May-14-15 8:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Senate has rejected a measure to allow supermarkets and convenience stores to sell full-strength beer.
- Florida governor signs bill to allow 64-ounce beer growlers Updated: May-14-15 7:41 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The vexing battle over beer sizes in Florida is finally coming to end.
- Governor signs new Senate bills to help grow beer industry Updated: May-12-15 5:40 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Two bills were signed by West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin to assist in the growing beer and tourism industries of the state.
- Big Ohio cities aren't alone in pondering open-drink zones Updated: May-10-15 9:23 am
CINCINNATI - Revelers may soon be able to legally carry open containers of alcohol in Ohio - and not just in the big cities.
- Miami Beach commission gives initial approval to alcohol ban Updated: May-08-15 5:43 am
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - Commissioners in Miami Beach have given initial approval to a ban on selling alcohol in the early morning hours.
- Washington latest state to ban powdered alcohol Updated: May-07-15 7:26 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state is the latest to ban powdered alcohol under a measure signed into law Thursday by Gov. Jay Inslee.
- Hard liquor out at University of Kansas frat chapter houses Updated: May-07-15 1:13 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Hard liquor will not be allowed at University of Kansas fraternity houses beginning this fall, according to a council that oversees the organizations.
- Beer by the barrel: A conflict of interests for NC lawmakers Updated: May-02-15 12:58 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A major campaign donor's interests. Upstarts changing the established market. Arm-twisting lobbyists. An anonymous web site urging legislation's defeat as a job-killer.
- Coming soon to a brewery near you: Sunday growler sales Updated: May-01-15 4:37 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesotans will soon be able to take home bottles of beer from their favorite craft breweries on Sundays.
- NC lawmakers push bills across hall before deadline Updated: Apr-30-15 4:01 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina General Assembly completed Thursday its marathon week of committee and floor debate that allowed topics in about 200 more bills to stay alive for consideration during this two-year session.
- Craft beer distributor charged with unfair trade practices Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 am
BOSTON - State regulators say a company that distributes much of the craft beer to Massachusetts bars and liquor stores has engaged in unfair trade practices that stifle competition.
- Nevada Assembly panel considers ban on powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-29-15 5:29 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers are considering a ban on the sale and possession of powdered alcohol.
- Pence signs Indiana ban on powdered alcohol into law Updated: Apr-29-15 5:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana residents will be barred from purchasing, selling or using a powdered form of alcohol under a bill Gov. Mike Pence has signed into law.