- New malt beverage administrator hired Updated: Jul-02-15 4:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's Department for Alcoholic Beverage Control has a new malt beverage administrator to help enforce the state's alcohol laws and regulations.
- The Latest: Pennsylvania governor vetoes GOP's budget bill Updated: Jun-30-15 10:34 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The latest news from efforts by Pennsylvania Republican lawmakers to send various pieces of major legislation to Gov. Tom Wolf's desk (all times local):
- The Latest: Legislature sends 'swatting' bill to Christie Updated: Jun-29-15 5:38 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The latest on the New Jersey Legislature's voting session on fiscal year-end bills (all times local):
- Deadline looms for Governor Ige to announce bill vetoes Updated: Jun-26-15 5:50 pm
HONOLULU - The deadline is approaching for Hawaii Gov. David Ige to tell lawmakers which bills he plans to veto.
- Gov. signs bill to ban pure caffeine, powdered alcohol sales Updated: Jun-25-15 6:05 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Pure powdered caffeine won't be legally sold in Ohio under legislation signed by Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik).
- Lawmakers advance bill to ban sale, use of powdered alcohol Updated: Jun-25-15 5:16 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A proposal to ban powdered alcohol is advancing in the Pennsylvania Legislature.
- OU officials support alcohol ban at sporting events Updated: Jun-25-15 4:57 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Top University of Oklahoma officials say there are still no plans to offer widespread alcohol sales at sporting events following a policy shift by longtime rival Texas to allow fans to imbibe at football games.
- Liquor board OKs new rules after Oktoberfest controversy Updated: Jun-23-15 5:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's liquor board approved more flexible rules for granting event permits Tuesday, a year after receiving intense criticism when board members considered denying a permit to serve beer at an annual Oktoberfest celebration.
- GOP Las Vegas councilman Bob Beers drops bid for US Senate Updated: Jun-16-15 3:09 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Las Vegas City Councilman Bob Beers says he's dropping his long-shot bid for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Democratic Sen. Harry Reid.
- Proposed Missouri-Columbia frat rules changes draw criticism Updated: Jun-11-15 11:47 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A proposed ban of alcohol other than beer and restrictions on visits by women at fraternities at the University of Missouri in Columbia are among possible changes being criticized as too overreaching.
- Bill to prevent alcohol overdose deaths to go into law Updated: Jun-10-15 11:50 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine bill aimed at encouraging minors to seek help when someone is at risk of an alcohol overdose will go into law.
- Bill passed allowing increased Illinois beer production Updated: Jun-09-15 8:49 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation that proponents expect to boost Illinois' beer production is headed to the governor's desk after passing the House.
- NY senator takes aim again at powdered alcohol Updated: Jun-07-15 7:58 am
ALBANY, New York - Sen. Charles Schumer is renewing his push for legislation to ban powdered alcohol.
- Proposal to drug test members of MU Greek life is dropped Updated: Jun-06-15 7:13 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A proposal to require drug testing of fraternity and sorority members living in Greek housing has been dropped.
- West Virginia targets tiny craft brew trade for big growth Updated: Jun-06-15 11:15 am
THOMAS, West Virginia - Drive through one-stoplight Tucker County, and soon you can probably hit a quarter of West Virginia's craft breweries before catching a steady cell phone signal.