- Alaska pot supporters make deal with opponents Updated: Apr-16-14 9:20 pm
- NY alcohol industry gets boost from new rules Updated: Apr-11-14 3:05 am
- Senate panel supports alcohol 'no sell' list Updated: Apr-08-14 2:52 pm
- Bill would allow concealed guns in restaurants Updated: Apr-02-14 6:40 pm
- Ban on alcohol vaporizers headed to governor Updated: Apr-02-14 1:28 pm
- Oregon delegation: US rules threaten wine growlers Updated: Apr-01-14 3:04 pm
- Lawmakers cool to allowing wine ice cream sales Updated: Mar-27-14 2:43 pm
- NH Sen votes to lift ban on billboard liquor ads Updated: Mar-27-14 1:52 pm
- Minn. Senate approves some Sunday alcohol sales Updated: Mar-26-14 2:58 pm
- Ky. lawmakers wrap up work on alcohol-related bill Updated: Mar-20-14 7:10 pm
- Haslam signs supermarket wine bill into law Updated: Mar-20-14 5:53 pm
- 5 things on Utah lawmakers' to-do list Updated: Mar-19-14 1:54 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The group behind a ballot measure to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Alaska said Wednesday it would gladly contribute funds to their opponents - if they prove pot is more dangerous than alcohol.
ALBANY, New York - The State Liquor Authority has approved a series of measures following the state's second beer, wine, spirits and cider summit, where industry participants discussed legislative and regulatory issues.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The state Senate Finance Committee has backed a $5 million proposal that includes establishing a list of people who would be banned from buying alcohol in Anchorage.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Concealed-handgun permit holders and armed off-duty police officers would be able to enter restaurants serving alcohol if lawmakers agree to a bill backed Wednesday by the House Criminal Justice Committee.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Vaportinis, which make it possible to inhale alcohol through a glass straw, may soon be illegal in Maryland.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon's congressional delegation says federal liquor regulations threaten to undermine a new state law allowing the sale of wine in re-useable containers known as growlers.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Efforts to add wine-infused ice cream to supermarket shelves got a frosty reception Thursday from Louisiana lawmakers who worried that minors could get drunk off the tasty treat.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The Senate has voted for a bill that lifts a ban on advertising alcoholic beverages on New Hampshire billboards.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota beer lovers would find it easier to enjoy their pursuit on Sundays under a bill advanced by a Senate committee for expanded alcohol sales on the seventh day.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky lawmakers wrapped up work Thursday on a long-sought measure that would allow local voters to decide whether to legalize alcohol sales at more state parks and golf courses.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Folks waiting for the neighborhood grocery store to stock their favorite merlot or chardonnay may have to wait a little longer even though Gov. Bill Haslam has signed a law to allow supermarket wine sales in Tennessee.
SALT LAKE CITY - After wrapping up their 2014 legislative session last week, Utah lawmakers have identified a number of loose ends they plan to mull further in the coming months.